For every "exclusive ascended"

in Crafting

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

What’s with only releasing ascended backitems and some others.

Please, expand standard crafting, instead of just adding ascended exclusives.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

What do you mean? You can craft entire armor and weapon sets now. Or am I misunderstanding?

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

If you mean expand crafting to included crafting all ascended stuff, well you are in luck because they already did so you can craft anything but accessories, amulets and rings.

(edited by Moderator)

in Crafting

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Simply that standard crafting is pretty much left incomplete.
Can someone make full exotic berserker? No, temples only offer specific sets, PS gives masterwork, WvW vendors only offer soldier/invader stats and guild stuff goes up to rare.

Want to have a normal looking back item, like a quiver with arrows or gsword sheath? Not possible, only flashy ascended or limited temple stats.

This in turn makes ascended/legendary vs. exotic gap larger.
It’s also that ascended/legendary isn’t a requirement to play the whole game!

Also in mind that devs promised that “elite” (ascended/legendary) gear won’t be better than standard high grade gear and it’ll be based on player skills. Like in GW1.
Tho this promise has been broken…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Can someone make full exotic berserker? No, temples only offer specific sets, PS gives masterwork, WvW vendors only offer soldier/invader stats and guild stuff goes up to rare.

Want to have a normal looking back item, like a quiver with arrows or gsword sheath? Not possible, only flashy ascended or limited temple stats.

Also in mind that devs promised that “elite” (ascended/legendary) gear won’t be better than standard high grade gear and it’ll be based on player skills. Like in GW1.

Guild weapons and backs are exotic too. WvW vendor offers “most” (as in I’m not going to check if it’s “all”) stat combos. And they stated that only Legendary won’t be higher stats than the tier below, nothing about ascended. In fact, they’ve stated that ascended was supposed to be in the game from the start only it was held back on for a number of reasons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

i agree. we should be able to craft lesser versions of items if they’re going to make ascended versions, including lesser quality back pieces. why can’t we craft breathing masks of varying quality while we’re on the topic?

(edited by Moderator)

in Crafting

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

False. Guild Backpiece has exotic berserker stat.

Since the previous premise is false, this is nonsense.

Nope, devs never promised that. Otherwise give a forum post or video to show which dev said exotic is final tier, and when. Ascended tier was released last year together shortly after release.

Ascended tier is the high grade gear. Legendary is elite. Anything less than ascended is substandard (though most of the game is playable with exotic)

in Crafting

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

i agree. we should be able to craft lesser versions of items if they’re going to make ascended versions, including lesser quality back pieces. why can’t we craft breathing masks of varying quality while we’re on the topic?

This.

Why is it so incredibly difficult to get decent quality/stat back pieces? I can craft exotic accessories, weapons and armor without too much trouble – why no back pieces and breathing masks?

Polka will never die

in Crafting

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Why is it so incredibly difficult to get decent quality/stat back pieces? I can craft exotic accessories, weapons and armor without too much trouble – why no back pieces and breathing masks?

I don’t think anyone would mind about breathing masks since the time we spend underwater is minimum, as far as it has an upgrade slot I’m fine. With the Taquito revamp they gave us a chance to get a rare piece for this, maybe on the following updates we’ll get an exotic one and more options?

Do you even play the game? If you want full exotic you can easily acquire it from temples, dungeons and WvW (There’s another vendor in WvW that gives more stat combos for gear). In fact zerker is the easiest gear to get.

In this I agree in part, I would like some exotic back items with looks without having to resort to crafting it the “ascended way”. Nothing spectacular but anything better than an empty look.

I would say working as intended? I’m still able to run any dungeon/fractal/WvW with exotic gear, I don’t need any of that ascended/legendary gear. Also ascended is supposed to take a longer time to craft/get than exotics.

They never promised that, the only thing that they could had promised is the fact that you don’t need this type of gear to beat the game or to actually be efficient. I’m not a fanboy of the game but I hate it when people do posts baseless.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice