How difficult is it to craft Twilight now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Stripeknight.6458

Stripeknight.6458

How difficult is it to craft Twilight now? I have just come back to the game, haven’t really played since last October and I was wondering is it more difficult due to in game inflation to craft Twilight? Also are there any really good guides on how to get started? My Guardian seems to want one

in Crafting

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

Inflation really isnt much of the issue. The biggest issue now is the nerfing of pretty much anything farmable, or droppable of any kind. Esp t6 mats. On any given day I could net maybe a handful, 5-10 if I play for a long kitten time.

in Crafting

Stripeknight.6458

Ah that’s a shame, so it’s making the legendary weapons that much more difficult to get. Some people just farm all day every day then?

in Crafting

Posted by: tfwzyko.3516

tfwzyko.3516

I play casual since beta and only need the icy runestones and ectos for my twilight. It got slow since i cant farm events in orr anymore but other parts like crystalline dust were made cheap and ectos too so i still think it’s kind of balanced.
you just have to shift your playing style, i think dungeons/fotm are the money makers now. (although i hate cof..)

in Crafting

Kryptonite.9376

Yeah unless you want to run CoF p1 a million times, theres really no way of making a decent amount of money…oddly enough.

I do run fractals and I can get a handful of gold a day 5-10, but cof p1 is like 4g an hour alone.

It’s just an odd feeling no matter what you do in this game, you don’t feel like anything is helping you progress toward a legendary, like you’ve hit a wall. Unless you do cof p1 of course. Still, I don’t want to do that and blow my brains out a week in.

in Crafting

Stripeknight.6458

But I see sooooo many people in Lions Arch running around with them………

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The other stuff isn’t too bad but there is really no good way for getting the precursor besides buying and that requires what people mentioned above.

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Yeah unless you want to run CoF p1 a million times, theres really no way of making a decent amount of money…oddly enough.

I do run fractals and I can get a handful of gold a day 5-10, but cof p1 is like 4g an hour alone.

It’s just an odd feeling no matter what you do in this game, you don’t feel like anything is helping you progress toward a legendary, like you’ve hit a wall. Unless you do cof p1 of course. Still, I don’t want to do that and blow my brains out a week in.

This isn’t entirely accurate. There are other ways to make money in gw2 than cof p1 (and I’m not referring to playing the TP). While these ways might be slightly slower or require more effort, they’re kitten ring so that’s always a plus.

Also as far as I recall, cof p1 is more like 6g per hour, are you finding bad pugs or running it sub-optimally?

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Twilight is the most used legendary (Overused IMO) thats why you see many of them

Personally, i dont like it… To many of them, but its kind of harder to get it now. Since the precursor is now 650 gold and all farming spots are nerfed

in Crafting

Posted by: andeysmandey.1647

andeysmandey.1647

Twilight is the most used legendary (Overused IMO) thats why you see many of them

Personally, i dont like it… To many of them, but its kind of harder to get it now. Since the precursor is now 650 gold and all farming spots are nerfed

Stay on topic please.
As for farming, find a dungeon you enjoy and farm it. I got 3 legendaries because i enjoy CoE.

And anet wants you to buy gems, buy some and trade them for gold.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Most farming spots for T6 materials have been nerfed. Only good spot, it appears, left in the game for this is Southsun.

And CoF farming is probably the most efficient way to make gold, but CoE is VERY profitable if you learn the Subject Alpha fight. Can be nearly or more profitable than CoF, more dependant on RNG.

in Crafting

Kryptonite.9376

This isn’t entirely accurate. There are other ways to make money in gw2 than cof p1 (and I’m not referring to playing the TP). While these ways might be slightly slower or require more effort, they’re kitten ring so that’s always a plus.

Also as far as I recall, cof p1 is more like 6g per hour, are you finding bad pugs or running it sub-optimally?

Please do not listen to rubbish like this.
@OP as I stated above, as far as pure gold per hour dungeoneering/exploring/meta events etc there is nothing close to cof in terms of GPH/Day
Even grinding cofp1 for hours a day it will still take you a huge amount of time to amass enough gold for a legendary and its materials. Therefore my statement was in fact, very accurate. Elitists will always try to belittle you subtly because unfortunately they have already invested the time and effort prior to times that are now and have completed their grinds before things were nerfed.

in Crafting

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Like everyone said…they nerf just about EVERY farm spot for T6 mats.

Onyx lodestones are pretty cheap, will get cheaper because Anet said they plan on making new ways of getting lodestones in general…no official time frame though.

Anet also said they plan on revamping Orr (T6 farm) and loot rewards in general, but gave no official time frame.

CoF (No RNG/Risk involved) or playing the TP (Risk involved/Higher payout if done right) are the best ways of getting money.

I have not bite the bullet on CoF yet…trying to hold out…so boring….but you may want to do that til the changes above have come.

I am also going for Twilight for my Guardian, stopping playing really because of what they did to Orr and farming in general. All I need is about 250-300 T6 mats and BoH. Sure I could just farm CoF for a little while and buy the mats but I really want to earn my Legendary playing the way I want to.

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Please do not listen to rubbish like this.
@OP as I stated above, as far as pure gold per hour dungeoneering/exploring/meta events etc there is nothing close to cof in terms of GPH/Day
Even grinding cofp1 for hours a day it will still take you a huge amount of time to amass enough gold for a legendary and its materials. Therefore my statement was in fact, very accurate. Elitists will always try to belittle you subtly because unfortunately they have already invested the time and effort prior to times that are now and have completed their grinds before things were nerfed.

You’re right I was lying. Cof p1 will always be the only way to make money in this game, I’m just an elitist who thinks there are other dungeons to make money.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Or you can just drop a grand on gems and turn them in when the market is high. $1,000.00 should net you enough in game gold to get you any legendary in the game if you sell the gems at the right time. I know that is how a lot of people get theirs and it makes sense if you feel the “grind” is akin to work more than fun because at that price, if it takes longer than 125 hours of “work” to get your legendary you may want to rethink how much your time is worth to you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

If someone actually spends 1k RL money for some ingame pixels, they are a moron. And atm all a legendary is is a fancy skin. Worth 1k RL cash? No way. Even if I had that kind of money to throw around, I sure in hell could find something more satisfying and rewarding than some pixels in a video game.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Well, it makes a lot of sense to me. If a person considers the entire legendary grind work, tedious and overall not fun then I understand why you would just buy your reward.

If all you want is the Legendary, and do not enjoy the gaining process of the legendary it makes sense to just buy it. It’s the same reason many people don’t build their own computer, or do their own taxes, or eat out often instead of cooking at home. Sure you may save some cash buy doing everything yourself, but what people are buying is the convenience to not have to do it themselves.

As for spending that much money on pixels… well considering the cost of my computers, and the many games I buy, not to mention subscriptions to games over the years I can honestly say I’m well beyond spending 1k for pixels. Guilty as charged I guess. But not ashamed in the least I spend money on things I like. It seems silly to me to say with certainty that someone’s definition of worthwhile cost for their entertainment makes them inherently stupid.

Some people pay for premium cable TV
Some people buy mint action figures.
Some people purchase big trucks to go “mudding”

I don’t do any of these things because they are not what entertains me doesn’t mean someone who does like action figures is a “moron”.

Some people like to make video game purchases.

Anyways… Back on topic… OP It seems there is are 4 ways to get one.

1. Farm gold to simply buy it (People estimate 6 months)
  2. Farm mats to make it yourself. (If you are lucky this can be weeks. If unlucky it can be longer than if you just farmed the gold)
  3. Buy gems and purchase with real money. (Easiest path but clearly expensive)
  4. A hybrid of all 3 (I recommend this)

(edited by Lokki.1092)