How do I level up tailoring

in Crafting

Posted by: gyozo.5018

gyozo.5018

Hello I started playing GW2 recently. So I’m pretty much a complete noob, also I’m not a big mmo player but wanted to give GW2 a try. The problem is I’m unable to find enough jute scraps for tailoring. Am I missing something obvious? Because right now I’m still in the first zone as a level 26 human necromancer and killing centaurs or bandits to get cloth. Is this supposed to be this hard to get the materials? When I have the materials I use the discover tab as other guides said it is the most useful. But I’m still only at level 40 something on tailoring.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

In GW2 its not really recommendable to level your crafting along with your first character due to several reasons. First of all, you outlevel your gear pretty fast and it really is cheaper to use gear drops that you get along the way or buy the gear you want from the TP rather than craft it yourself. That is due to the fact that crafting also gives you regular experience, so many veteran players max out some crafting professions to level their alts.
That leads to most gear be available for cheaper than the crafting costs, so basically you would get more gold selling your jute and leather craps on the tp than selling the armor you crafted with it.
It also is quite normal that you will have a hard time gathering everything you need yourself due to the way the loot system is set up. The best and fastest way to handle this is to sell the stuff you dont need on the Trading Post and buy the stuff you need.

I would recommend you to not bother with crafting until you are level 80. Until then, keep depositing all your crafting mats in your collectible tab, thats where everything goes when you click deposit on the small wheel on the top right corner of your inventory.
When you hit lvl 80, you will get alot of rare gear from drops, which you can use while acquiring your first exotic set.
Once you played around a little bit at end game and know what kind of content you enjoy, start leveling tailor to level 425. At that point you need to start crafting exotic items to progress up to 500, so you might as well craft the stuff you need.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

The real problem with leveling your tailor as a beginner is in the mid-levels. The cloth material you need between 100-350 is too expensive for a beginner to buy and to scarce to salvage and collect. This is due to the fact that it is not only needed to craft mid-level armor, but also for ascended armor, the (current) endgame armor.

While leveling your first character, use drops and/or buy your armor in the trading post instead. It is cheaper there than to level your tailoring at the same time.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Tailoring can also be a painful experience due to the mats being so rare and as your first character it may be more worth it to sell the mats.

When you hit lvl 80 and start getting gear the ability to do higher income activities crafting becomes much simpler.

in Crafting

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

I hope you know about salvaging – extracting materials from gear you get in drops. Buy the kits from merchants.
Best thing is to salvage items with white or blue names and vend in Trading Post the ones with green names or higher.

in Crafting

Posted by: blickquickly.4168

blickquickly.4168

I just leveled my tailoring from 0 to 400 yesterday using

http://www.guildwars2-crafting.com/crafting-guides/tailoring/

This is after 2 toons to 80 and one of them with a 45% world map completion. Even with all that I still had to buy a few things. The REALLY nice thing about this guide is i ACTUALLY made money with it. 400-500 will be another thing entirely, but for a couple of hours, 0-400 was well worth it.

Look, I cant promise I’ll try….But I’ll try to try.

in Crafting

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I just leveled my tailoring from 0 to 400 yesterday using

http://www.guildwars2-crafting.com/crafting-guides/tailoring/

This is after 2 toons to 80 and one of them with a 45% world map completion. Even with all that I still had to buy a few things. The REALLY nice thing about this guide is i ACTUALLY made money with it. 400-500 will be another thing entirely, but for a couple of hours, 0-400 was well worth it.

Made money? With the current price of fabric? I’m impressed. Didn’t think that was possible.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Crafting

Posted by: blickquickly.4168

blickquickly.4168

I didnt buy any fabric.

The only thing I needed to buy was a few totems or whatever. Clerics, Berserkers, Assassins, and one other sell good enough. Then again, when you dont buy anything I guess ts impossible to NOT make money. lol.

Look, I cant promise I’ll try….But I’ll try to try.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I didnt buy any fabric.

The only thing I needed to buy was a few totems or whatever. Clerics, Berserkers, Assassins, and one other sell good enough. Then again, when you dont buy anything I guess ts impossible to NOT make money. lol.

I actually managed to level my weaponsmith from 400-500 shortly after ascended crafting released while making over 50g profit. But that was mostly due to the fact that I took advantage of the sentinel inscriptions tanking in price due to their introduction to the guild commendation vendor and some limited recipes for runes and sigils that even though didnt bring much profit, they also didnt sell at such a loss of regular exotic weapons.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.