How much gems do i need to level up to 80

in Crafting

Posted by: krneki.2495

krneki.2495

Hi,
1. Is 2500 gems enough to level up all crafting disciplines??
2. Do i still get 10 levels by getting from 0-400 in crafting??

Thanks!

in Crafting

Posted by: Escapist.5687

Escapist.5687

i’m not entirely sure if you are thinking in the right way here. First i really don’t know why you would need gems to craft or level character to 80, if i misunderstood then i’m sorry but you need to explain how you meant to use gems on levelling.

As for crafting you will get 7 levels per craft from 0-400 and possibly 2-3 if you push it to 500 buts that costs you. I recommend using either levelling scroll-instant 20 lvl or tomes of knowledge which give you standard one level per tome.

in Crafting

krneki.2495

I meant to convert 2500 gems to coins and will that be enough to level from 0-400
(sorry for my bad english).

Thanks!

in Crafting

Posted by: Escapist.5687

Escapist.5687

No no problem just saying that that will cost too much :/ first i need to ask you do you have an 80 lvl character already?

in Crafting

krneki.2495

No i do not have a lvl 80 character.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

No i do not have a lvl 80 character.

If you play WvW you can have it a few days.

in Crafting

krneki.2495

Oh nice. So if i play WvW do i get levels in PvE too??
But anyway i got a paysafe card and i was wondering if i spend card on gems in GW2 or buy a diffrent game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I definitely would not use it to essentially skip the content of the game you want to play, which is what it seems your OP is suggesting.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

krneki.2495

I would play the content of the game but if i use the normal way i probably never get to lvl 80 lol.
So is it posible to transfer 2500 gems to coins and the leveling up by crafting??

in Crafting

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

It is possible to buy mats and lvl up on crafting. I dont know how many lvls you get, but its gonna cost you alot.
Look for crafting guides to get an estimate of how much gold you need to lvl each craft before you start spending your gems, just an idea.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

1. Yes. If you go by the guides on GW2crafts.net you will get all crafting professions to 400.
2. No, you get 7 levels for getting a profession to 400. Only some of the professions can even go to 500 for the extra 3 and you own’t have enough money left over to get those to 500.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Didn’t someone do this in the first beta weekend, like in a day? I remember being a few articles on it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Didn’t someone do this in the first beta weekend, like in a day? I remember being a few articles on it.

Back when each crafting profession gave 10 levels, it was definitely possible and, by the time people figured it out, it cost about 100g per level 80.

in Crafting

Mortifer.2946

BTW OP, why do you want to be level 80? What does draw you into this game? Because you need level 80 only for dungeon running or hardcore WvW playing. Nobody will let you run dungeons if you are total noob who leveled his toon via money.

And why would you like to skip the actual game? – leveling is the endgame of GW2

You probably chose a bad game if you don’t like leveling content here.

edit: and you get at least 1 level per hour… possibly more. There is no MMO based on levels where you would level faster than here. Leveling curve in GW2 is flat, not growing.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

in Crafting

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I would play the content of the game but if i use the normal way i probably never get to lvl 80 lol.
So is it posible to transfer 2500 gems to coins and the leveling up by crafting??

That’s not true, you get about 1 level per hour, ..up to about 5levels per hour, depending on boosters and content.
But even then 80hours to level your first class, that’s not bad.

You don’t need to be level80 for WvW or PvP. and both can help you level. WvW experience is same as pve.
PvP will give you leveling tombs.

Dungoens start at level 30 for story mode and level35 for explore mode. (ascalonian catacombs.) best to start up your own lfg stating your level in this case, though as most people want level 80’s to get through the dungeon easier and quicker.

If you like pve, why would you want to skip most of the content by jumping to level80? Explore the world and the various starter zones. You will learn alot about the game and your character that way. Rather than hitting level 80 and likely being one of those people who say “GW2, no end game!!”. Because you skipped everything that makes this game.

Just enjoy the world, and if you want to pvp, well you don’t need lv80 for that.

__
I don’t understand why people want to skip the leveling process of their first character… second or third, I understand, but first?

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

you dont need 2500 gems – maby 700-900 is enough

lvl character from 1-30 with crafting and than go buy ascalon p1 runs for 1g – 1g50

its 1 lvl per run and you jsut need to go in and pay the seller and he kill boss and done – 1 minute per lvl

so all you need is maby 80-100g – much cheaper than crafting

edit: when you have allraedy lvl 30+ character on this account than you can open lvl tool with this lvl 30+ character and than log on lvl 1+ character and join instance you wanna lvl

in Crafting

Esplen.3940

Dungeon rewards are time gated to once a day.
Additionally, the final reward exp is 70% of your current level, so unless you’re actively participating in the runs, you’re not guaranteed a level.

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Dungeon rewards are time gated to once a day.
Additionally, the final reward exp is 70% of your current level, so unless you’re actively participating in the runs, you’re not guaranteed a level.

the exp is not time gatet and even with only 70% per lvl it is much cheaper than to lvl from 1-80 with profesions

in Crafting

Esplen.3940

111 final rewards will get you to level 80.

in Crafting

krneki.2495

I have another question. In WvW and PvP how do you level up? Aren’t you automatically scaled to level 80?

in Crafting

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

You’re scaled up, but will still earn xp to level up your actual level in WvW. You could also, you know… just play the game? Explore, do the story, etc. Those will give you more than enough xp for level 80.

in Crafting

krneki.2495

I would play the game but its so boring compare to WvW where are massive battles.
But do i get leves in Pve if i only do WvW.

in Crafting

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I have another question. In WvW and PvP how do you level up? Aren’t you automatically scaled to level 80?

you can earn exp as a level80
and yes that experience will count towards whatever your real level is.

in Crafting

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

250 gold should be enough to get all to 400 and even go to higher with some
so together with lvl 20 scroll you would definitly be lvl 80

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Crafting

Mortifer.2946

You can play WvW all the time and not worry about levels. Eventually you will get it. No money spent needed.

in Crafting

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

If you play “the normal way” You’ll level fairly quickly. It doesn’t require more EXP as you get to higher levela to level up. The amount of EXP that is required to get from level 3-4 is the same amount of EXP needed to get from 79-80. Of course it all depends on how much you are able to play. Even as a casual player, maybe 2-3 hours a day, when I do get a chance to play, I have gotten to level 80 in about a month or so just strictly PvE and exploring.

You can skip that with crafting, but it will hurt you in the end. If you are trying to get to level 80 to do the “end game content” (i.e dungeons, new map, LS etc.) You’ll find yourself woefully unprepared, and ill equipped, to do those things and will have a really hard time. Explore and do map completions, dailies, and harvesting EVERY node you can find, and you’ll find you can level up rather quickly. And while doing so you’ll learn your profession, the strengths and weakness, and master the combat mechanics. Do some dungeons along the way, and you’ll be level 80 before you know it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Crafting

krneki.2495

Are you sure that amount of exp is the same in each level.

in Crafting

pdavis.8031

Are you sure that amount of exp is the same in each level.

Your right I misspoke. Its not the same amount (number) of EXP needed per level. But the experienced gained from events and such is the same percentage.

“Experience gains are based upon percentages of the amount of experience to level. For example, a level 16 player completing a level 16 event with a gold reward gives 616 XP out of the 8790 XP needed to reach level 17 or roughly 7%. Likewise, a level 26 player completing a level 26 event with a gold reward gives 1043 of the 14900 XP needed to reach 27 which is also 7%. Thus as long as you are playing content designed for your level, leveling will progress at a somewhat constant rate.”

From the wiki (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience)

Of course this factors on doing the level appropriate content. It is a slightly lower percentage if you are a higher level doing lower level content. But my main point is that leveling is fairly consistant in that it takes the same amount of time, doing level appropriate content, when leveling from say 25-26 as it does from 79-80.

Also the first 15 levels is a bit different, but still allows for a consitant leveling rate.

recognize my command!”

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

250 gold should be enough to get all to 400 and even go to higher with some
so together with lvl 20 scroll you would definitly be lvl 80

You are actually, 76 (20 + 7*8). Can get 4 levels in EotM in less than an hour.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

krneki.2495

I am playing EotM and im getting quite a lot of levels.
But anyway how much is 2500 gems in gold??

in Crafting

pdavis.8031

I am playing EotM and im getting quite a lot of levels.
But anyway how much is 2500 gems in gold??

2500 gems is about 246 gold.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/

Of course this is subject to change, this is the current conversion rate

recognize my command!”