Ideas!? Legendary Precursors!? Madness!!

in Crafting

Posted by: MrObliviosity.5941

MrObliviosity.5941

I Love Guild Wars 2 and hope to see the game succeed and advance well beyond the 4-5 year anniversary threshold.
This in mind, Innovation is a complete necessity.
Im here to share my idea and hopefully see the community throw a few ideas aswell!

Ill start

How about a legendary that used a legendary as a precursor. This can keep players enticed in the game and reduce a feeling of commonality in Legendary when the years advance and more people acquire these weapons.

And every Legendary needs an effect!

So why not head effects!?

Example: Sunrise becoming an advanced remodeled version and when drawn has a “Halo” type effect around the head. Or Molten Horns on The Incinerator!

Victory is achieved by the one who was able to stand up one more time than his opponent.

in Crafting

Posted by: Meri.7512

Meri.7512

Please no.

I have a hard time already seeing skillanimations. And i sometimes even get migraine from that falshing stuff. For example the Scarlet-Holo-fight and that kitten sigill of fire.. gosh. My eyes bled out.

And on the other side it would drive the price for precurser (which legendaries also would be in that case) even higher. Imagine some new player – they will never catch up with inflatation.

The only solution to have something “fair” would be to have just accoundbound stuff. So u can actually show that u DID smt for it. Not just having good luck or a good amount of money.

Give us some new Legendaries – so the old and new gamers have something to gather.
But dont use the existing ones for any more fancy stuff.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

i thought about the OP idea once, the reason was different tho. I’d like to see legendary precursor because the fact that it’s been almost a year since they announced “new legendaries” and since then i was always afraid to craft legendaries because they could announce that the new ones come out the day after. Legendary precursor could be a good way to keep high the interest in the old legendaries and don’t crash the market and in my opinion this system might works even better because of wardrobe.

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Please no.

I have a hard time already seeing skillanimations. And i sometimes even get migraine from that falshing stuff. For example the Scarlet-Holo-fight and that kitten sigill of fire.. gosh. My eyes bled out.

And on the other side it would drive the price for precurser (which legendaries also would be in that case) even higher. Imagine some new player – they will never catch up with inflatation.

The only solution to have something “fair” would be to have just accoundbound stuff. So u can actually show that u DID smt for it. Not just having good luck or a good amount of money.

Give us some new Legendaries – so the old and new gamers have something to gather.
But dont use the existing ones for any more fancy stuff.

A new player – a reasonable one – would expect a legendary to be a long-term goal and not something to wrorry about in terms of short term price fluctuations

Furthermore, the items that the new player would collect and sell (copper, iron, ore, salvaged greens/blues) would also rise and keep up with inflation.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sigpaos.2615

Sigpaos.2615

I wouldn’t mind legendary precursors, now that unlocked skins can always be reapplied.

This would also promote more of a horizontal progression, since the result would strictly be aesthetic.

Oh and Vol, the best part of your Liquidity pic, imo, is the Gnashblade Support Button I’m just ashamed you caught me when I wasn’t rep’ing mine

in Crafting

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I would love new pre’s and legendaries. I’m ready for some new stuff to work towards.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I wish they would simply trash the whol aweful precurser concept or change it simply to something like an ascended weapon as alternative.

Or just “gift of weapon” .. need 3 exotic weapons of the same type and stone of mystic forge .. or whaever

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

we need a new tier. Legendary ==> Godly.

Put 4 legendary in mystic forge and have 20% chance of acquiring an godly item. (the other 80%, you are return with another random legendary)