Jeweler useless now?

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Level 400 jeweler can only craft exotic amulets/rings/accessories.

What’s the point now that there are ascended amulets/rings/accessories that are more powerful.

O well, you still need jeweler to craft certain legendary weapons I guess. But besides that what else is there to do with jeweler… play the market for non-max gear jewels?

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Because there will always be new characters hitting lvl80 who needs them.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Demand will drop though.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Don’t mind if it does.

That will make it cheaper to outfit my alts.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Iehova.9518

Your alts aren’t fully-outfitted yet?

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

Yeah they should have worked ascended items into crafting as a alternate way to get them instead of the laurel system, we already had more than enough currency in place we didnt need another one.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Daulnay.4971

Daulnay.4971

I suspect they will fix this, Ascended items break one of the stated goals of their game design.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Nothing changed. You don’t make profit from selling exotic jewelry to begin with and most people have their own maxed jeweler.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Who’s to say that one day, you won’t be able to craft Ascended jewelry one day? I can easily see new recipes popping up on, say, Sunset Isle or some other location like that. Maybe it’ll require 500 skill level for jewelry.

And, even barring all that, not every player is going to demand ascended accessories for all their slots. There will be a small minority of players, who merely play PvE, never venture into the Fractals, and are perfectly happy with rare or exotic accessories instead of the pink level.

And now that I’m thinking about it, I think it’d be neat if, say, the jeweler could craft inscriptions which aren’t necessarily as good as those found, but are certainly worth spending time on.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

No, not really. Only useless to those that are pursuing Ascended Jewelry. Still useful for Players who aren’t interested in ascended jewelry or more stats.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

No, not really. Only useless to those that are pursuing Ascended Jewelry. Still useful for Players who aren’t interested in ascended jewelry or more stats.

Like who? Pvp players maybe? Erm.. All is about ascended jewerly, and we cannot craft , pretty useless.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Exactly. Though one might still want to have them while pursuing Ascended as that can take a long time.
There’s never been much on the way of profit in jewelry crafting exotics because of the outrageous material (=ectos) cost.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Your alts aren’t fully-outfitted yet?

none of my alt’s are even level 80 yet. I have a life too =P

On Topic: I’d like them to introduce a way to craft the ascended items. If they ever add ascended armor and weapon types, we’ll be sure to see this introduced. Otherwise there’d be no point to any of the crafting disciplines other than cooking.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Only reason I took it is cuz it’s a fairly easy craft to level 1-400 for XP.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Well … before ascended, jeweler was the only useful craft. After ascended all crafts are pointless.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You would need 2 crafts to craft a legendary. Idk if JC is required for any… but that would be the only use for it that I can think of post-ascended other than for the XP : /

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Iehova.9518

Well … before ascended, jeweler was the only useful craft. After ascended all crafts are pointless.

Not necessarily. Apparently nightmare coils sell like… they sell very well. The bonus dosh comes in handy.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

This is rather ridiculous. The existence of Ascended make exotic jewelry no less useful than the existence of exotic weapons and armor does for rare armor. You NEED exotic jewelry to get ascended gear, unless you have friends that will carry through months worth of content just so you can avoid getting exotic jewelry.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

This is rather ridiculous. The existence of Ascended make exotic jewelry no less useful than the existence of exotic weapons and armor does for rare armor. You NEED exotic jewelry to get ascended gear, unless you have friends that will carry through months worth of content just so you can avoid getting exotic jewelry.

That’s not completely true, which is the issue. People are slowly farming the Daily and Monthly achievements for the Laurels, which they will then spend on Ascended gear. So in theory, a lvl 80 in non-Exotic could hang out in the lower level content areas to slowly farm up Laurels. As an example, my Necro friend is very casual and his jewelry slots are the one area which he has slacked on. His plan is to use his Rare jewelry (which he bought cheaply from the BLTC) to slowly earn himself Ascended jewelry pieces, which skips the Exotic jewelry stage.

Now in actual practice, most of us will still buy Exotic gear as we work towards Ascended gear. For example, the fastest way to get Ascended is to farm the Fractals for their ring vendor and Guild Bounties for the new guild ear ring vendor. In both of those situations, you’ll be dead weight if you’re not in full Exotic gear. Many people will still run these content areas with non-Exotic gear, but I’m guessing that most people who as passionate about buying Ascended will be getting Exotics along the way.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

You would need 2 crafts to craft a legendary. Idk if JC is required for any… but that would be the only use for it that I can think of post-ascended other than for the XP : /

It is.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Music

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_The_Juggernaut
Which uses, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Quicksilver

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Maw_of_the_Deep
Which uses, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shark_Statue

I’m sure there is more.

If people used wiki more these threads would not be made and less whining and more people playing and understanding and enjoying the game!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I hope the jeweler trainers will sell ascended recipes in the near future. Jewelers are only the beginning. Tailors, leatherworkers will follow in the course of the year 2013 if Arenanet does not react.

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

I hope the jeweler trainers will sell ascended recipes in the near future. Jewelers are only the beginning. Tailors, leatherworkers will follow in the course of the year 2013 if Arenanet does not react.

I hate to be cynical, but isn’t that the point of things? Most MMOs use player crafted gear as a gateway tool towards acquiring the “real” gear. The addition of vendor purchased Ascended jewelry doesn’t surprise me at all. This is just Stage #1 of the Ascended roll out. We all know that weapons and armor are the next logical steps to this process.

In the end, I expect that Cooking will remain as the only crafting class worthwhile. Yet some MMOs also let people spend their special tokens on temporary buffs, so even Cooking may get replaced by NPCs. Like it or not, this is how most MMOs work.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Level 400 jeweler can only craft exotic amulets/rings/accessories.

What’s the point now that there are ascended amulets/rings/accessories that are more powerful.

O well, you still need jeweler to craft certain legendary weapons I guess. But besides that what else is there to do with jeweler… play the market for non-max gear jewels?

Doomsday scenario much?

You can still:

1. Craft ascended gear once it is craftable—remember that it has been stated clearly and often that ascended gear is slowly being phased in, and that it will be available through a large variety of means. It was intended to be widely available from day 1 but it wasn’t ready and so it was pulled out prior to release.
  2. Craft exotics that have stat combinations unavailble on ascended that are still desirable.
  3. Craft exotics for players just reaching level 80 (only 20% of my characters are 80s), as well as gear for lower level characters.
-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Jeweler useless now?

in Crafting

Posted by: bcd.4352

bcd.4352

At 15 guild event tokens per earring, I will still be using crafted exotic earrings on alts for the foreseeable future.