Kamohoali'i Kotaki

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: FILTHOUND.7659

FILTHOUND.7659

Behold the world first legendary spear! Thank you to my guild (DRGN) from the Isle of Janthir server for helping me out after finding out that transmuted precursor’s do not work in the mystic forge -____-

Thank you Aubriy and Mudcrawler!!! <3 <3<3

Have a good shark week!

Attachments:

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

It is your civil duty to update the wiki page now
But seriously, congratulations!

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

FILTHOUND.7659

and Muffin Man.

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: FamousTran.7238

FamousTran.7238

Hey what about me? lawl. Congrats duude!

Agrolan – Warrior
Eclesa – Engineer
Primordial Dragons

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Mudcrawler.1904

Mudcrawler.1904

Congrats man! So Proud!

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Artemeas.8763

Artemeas.8763

Congrats, lol, you’ll have to hope there will be a sweet underwater spot to show off =)

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Superstar Jet Jaguar.4280

Superstar Jet Jaguar.4280

Here’s a screen that actually does this spear justice. I know i gave you crap for crafting it, but congrats!

Attachments:

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Rygaros.6091

Rygaros.6091

GJ

Lets hope for more underwaterbattles now, shall we;)

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

that’s awesome. and nice gear!D
any special effects??

also, seems fitting with the Lost Shores coming up – even though we see crabs on land, i’d only assume there will be a ton of water focused events as well.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

FILTHOUND.7659

It is your civil duty to update the wiki page now
But seriously, congratulations!

I updated it last night with a picture and the list of effects. So far I am glad to say this is the coolest legendary I have seen so far! But Anet should make the trail of blood more…gory =) just a note if Anet see’s this.

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

Very nice, now we just need someone to make Legendary Warhorn (Howler) and Harpoon Gun (Frenzy). BTW can you make a video of Kamohoali’i Kotaki in action?

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

Lol sorry to dissapoint you kid, i had the Spear for 1 week now and i just whispered toyou. Are you from RUIN or just another bigmouth fella?

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Lol sorry to dissapoint you kid, i had the Spear for 1 week now and i just whispered toyou. Are you from RUIN or just another bigmouth fella?

Considering he was the first to report it, he gets the credit. I -really- hate to use the internet phrase, but “Pics or it didn’t happen”

Unless you’ve reported it. If then, he loses his little newfound bit of glory, but if not? Shark week is his. :P

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Very nice, now we just need someone to make Legendary Warhorn (Howler) and Harpoon Gun (Frenzy). BTW can you make a video of Kamohoali’i Kotaki in action?

I’m working on frenzy (far from having it though), if anything keeps going as it is, it should be finished mid/end december. But someone will probably finish before me anyway.

The howler was already crafted and the only effect if i remember was a barely noticeable glowing moon appearing when using a skill.

I hesitated with that spear legendary, and i have to say that this shark looks pretty good, and almost exactly how i actually expected it to look. Grats.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: cliffoner.4835

cliffoner.4835

Considering he was the first to report it, he gets the credit. I -really- hate to use the internet phrase, but “Pics or it didn’t happen”

Unless you’ve reported it. If then, he loses his little newfound bit of glory, but if not? Shark week is his. :P

nah shark week isnt his, hes just another tool who puts in the phrase “world first” when he should just put “in my own little world’s first”

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

who cares if he is or isnt the real worlds first creator of this legendary? at the end of the day he’s happy with the weapon and has come on here to show the rest of us how awesome it looks which is more than others who claim to have made it first chose to do.

Nice pics FILTHOUND.7659 and congrats on the legendary

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

nah shark week isnt his, hes just another tool who puts in the phrase “world first” when he should just put “in my own little world’s first”

Whats that? Ahhhh i see, you’re jealous right? Kid.

Grats on the spear, looks alot better then expected after having seen most of the legendaries and losing interest in them straight away. Might work on that someday after ive got my Bolt xD

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: cliffoner.4835

cliffoner.4835

who cares if he is or isnt the real worlds first creator of this legendary? at the end of the day he’s happy with the weapon and has come on here to show the rest of us how awesome it looks which is more than others who claim to have made it first chose to do.

i love when ppl post stuff like this, HE CARES. thats why he says it. personally the trident or whatever with the eels is 10x cooler than this one, i mean the devs couldnt even decide between a hawaiian or japanese name so they just merged it or something

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

i love when ppl post stuff like this, HE CARES. thats why he says it. personally the trident or whatever with the eels is 10x cooler than this one, i mean the devs couldnt even decide between a hawaiian or japanese name so they just merged it or something

Actually, it’s all Hawaiian. Kotaki is the last name of our illustrious former lead concept artist Kekai Kotaki who is Hawaiian. The concept for this Legendary is the last concept piece he did for us before moving on.

Congrats on your Legendary!!!

Lead Designer – Living World

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

Actually, it’s all Hawaiian. Kotaki is the last name of our illustrious former lead concept artist Kekai Kotaki who is Hawaiian. The concept for this Legendary is the last concept piece he did for us before moving on.

i didnt know you still looked at this section of forums lol

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Rejam.3946

Rejam.3946

Kotaki is most definitely Japanese.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

(edited by Rejam.3946)

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

I had to take a forums break for a couple weeks while I was crazy busy with work and family stuff going on.

Lead Designer – Living World

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

I had to take a forums break for a couple weeks while I was crazy busy with work and family stuff going on.

ah well welcome back =DD

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Kotaki is most definitely Japanese.

Kamohoali’i is most definitely Hawaiian. It’s the name of a shark god and a brother to Pele (the volcano goddess). Quite an appropriate name for a legendary underwater weapon.

Kotaki may be a Japanese last name, but Kekai’s first name is Hawaiian (translates to “The Sea”). Kekai was born and raised on the Big Island, so he’s from Hawaii. Hard to determine if his lineage is Hawaiian with his last name, but it’s certainly possible since there are plenty with Hawaiian heritage who do not have Hawaiian last names due to marriage. He may or may not not be kanaka maoli (native Hawaiian). But he’s most certainly kama’aina (“child of the land,” a Hawaiian word commonly used for Hawaiian residents).

For those who are curious, the name of the legendary translates to “The Chiefly Chosen One Kotaki.”

Congratulations FILTHOUND!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Rejam.3946

Rejam.3946

Kamohoali’i is most definitely Hawaiian. It’s the name of a shark god and a brother to Pele (the volcano goddess). Quite an appropriate name for a legendary underwater weapon.

Kotaki may be a Japanese last name, but Kekai’s first name is Hawaiian (translates to “The Sea”). Kekai was born and raised on the Big Island, so he’s from Hawaii. Hard to determine if his lineage is Hawaiian with his last name, but it’s certainly possible since there are plenty with Hawaiian heritage who do not have Hawaiian last names due to marriage. He may or may not not be kanaka maoli (native Hawaiian). But he’s most certainly kama’aina (“child of the land,” a Hawaiian word commonly used for Hawaiian residents).

For those who are curious, the name of the legendary translates to “The Chiefly Chosen One Kotaki.”

It’s like you’re arguing with me, but talk about a completely different thing.

That picture is really awesome. Some very nice artwork.
Just sort out issues with underwater combat and there might be some reason to go for it!

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

(edited by Rejam.3946)

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

It’s like you’re arguing with me, but talk about a completely different thing.

That picture is really awesome. Some very nice artwork.
Just sort out issues with underwater combat and their might be some reason to go for it!

Oh, don’t get my intent wrong! I’m not arguing at all. Just laying out all the pieces of the name puzzle so folks can understand what are the Hawaiian bits and what are the Japanese bits (and why the Japanese bits may actually be considered Hawaiian after all). Could be helpful for whoever ends up writing the Wiki entry. Not to mention I danced hula for 7 years and this gives me a chance to show off a wee bit!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

FILTHOUND.7659

Thanks Linsey, I hope you took note about the trail of blood comment, it needs to be more dense and gory

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: IV Endu.8920

IV Endu.8920

Congrats on the legendary!!!

Also it’s really nice how GW2 put in some very cultural pieces in the game. 808 represent!

Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Gz! I myself am going for legendary speargun.

What do the special effects of the spear do, by the way?