Lack of Dragonite Ore options

in Crafting

Posted by: ArcherAvatar.5894

ArcherAvatar.5894

It’s frustrating that one of the 3 base ascended crafting materials basically requires large scale groups to make any progress with collecting it…. specifically Dragonite Ore.
Most folks agree that Bloodstone Dust is overflowing… and Empyreal Fragments can at least be acquired as an individual by doing jumping puzzles, or any of a myriad other small encounters with chests associated with them – all easily solo-able.

However, Dragonite Ore requires the defeat of a World Boss, or the flipping of a Temple (including the defeat of a Legendary NPC) which is hardly something an individual can accomplish easily or otherwise…

This has created a significant imbalance of ascended crafting materials for me personally. While I have plenty of Bloodstone and Empyreal materials, I have a serious deficit of Dragonite and due to the fact that most of gaming time takes place during “off hours” I have no real means of correcting this.

Either, this crafting material should be a “possible” result in opening champion containers (sometimes bloodstone and sometimes dragonite for example) OR, perhaps a mystic forge recipe could be introduced that allows folks that have an over abundance of one ascended crafting material to turn that into the type they are missing.

If the results of ascended crafting could be sold I would better understand the need to keep the acquisition the way it is, but with nearly all materials being account bound it makes imbalances in these materials much more glaring, frustrating, and impossible to correct.

Hopefully ANet will see the common sense in introducing some means of balancing out the ascended materials via the mystic forge… otherwise my ascended crafting is basically at a stand still.

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

This has been brought up 100 times. Anet either doesn’t care or it’s working as intended.

FWIW, I agree with you. They should have either made everything regarding ascended stuff account bound or none of it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

I also play during off peak times. When I need Dragonite I just guest to a high pop server. If you find the right ones, there’s always groups doing world bosses.

in Crafting

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

I just do not understand the difficulty…lemme explain without judging your point of view..I hate critisizing on the sideline and not give a possible solution

First of all..the game is called GUILD wars..meaning guilds and being member of one is kinda core-business to the game and people who are playing this. As for the example:

I started this game about 5 months ago. I was invited by a friend to play and also joined her guild. it was a nice and friendly guild with people who were willing to guide me as a freshman/noob in the wonderful world of GW2. Some PvE advice, an occasional JP and Dungeon and some Temples were explained. Then I got really interested in crafting and (you guessed it) stumbled acros the fact that the higher tier materials were not at all that easy available (like empyreal fragments, dragonite ores etc)…I was literally scraping bits and pieces of these materials and it took forever, since my guild wasn’t that active on regular temple and boss runs. Do not get me wrong, it was fun being with in this guild, had some good laughs and it was very educational!. Then I was invited by one of my current guildmembers to another guild. I talked to the guild leader (since I do not like some people taking this game waaaay too seriously ) and eventually joined. And boy..was I happy! I ran with my new guild members a LOT of dungeons, bosses and temples and within 2-3 ! weeks, I had enough high tier materials to make a full ascended armor in no time!

My point is…GW2 allows people to set a multiple set of goals..either achievements, dungeons, craftmanship, exploring, WvW, PvP, etc…choose your own destiny, do whatever you like or fancy..but you cannot do this alone! Just make sure you choose to be a member of a guild who actually supports your specific need and make lots of fun along the way.
If I recall correctly, you are able to choose up to 5 guilds to be a member of..you can only represent one though.

And if one of the other guild(leader(s)) are giving you a hard time being also a member of or representing a different guild..well, maybe this first mentioned specific guild is not what you are looking for. (thats what I call “taking it way too seriously” ). it is a game after all..If people want to make it a huge important piece of their live, they are more than welcome to do so..it just doesn’t work for me

Also, keep the “map chat” open. Players tend to call out for a boss or temple run to happen on regular basis.

Hope it helps

P.S. there are also good sites where you can see what boss is up to conquer

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

(edited by JCROY.5730)

in Crafting

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

I might suggest guesting to other servers to get your dragonite farm. I would start by guesting on well-known PvE servers (NA Blackgate, EU Desolation) and if that doesn’t work, try guesting on the server with the highest population at the time you want to farm dragonite.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Crafting

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Farm 30 toxic spores.
Purchase 3 key pieces from Marjory’s Helper Dee. (This can be done once per day for each of the 3 pieces.)
Open the Tri-Key Chest.
This will give you about 20 Dragonite Ore, in addition to some other drops.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Everyone has one ascended material that they have less of. For some of you, it’s dragonite ore.

I have stacks of dragonite ore. I’m at the point I start deleting stacks as I get them. Just too much of the stuff.

I do lack an overabundance of empyreal fragnments however. Open world chests and jumping puzzles give less than 5 fragments each. It is very hard to accumulate unless you run dungeons.

It was purposely designed to make players utilize more aspects of the game. Not just one or two. Just about everyone if ‘forced’ to do something they would rather not be doing to acquire some ascended material. It could be running dungeons. It could be doing temples/world bosses.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

This has been brought up 100 times. Anet either doesn’t care or it’s working as intended.

FWIW, I agree with you. They should have either made everything regarding ascended stuff account bound or none of it.

Or you know, they are a work-in-progress for future content? Precursor crafting?

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I was a bit sad about Dragonite Ore in the beginning two. While I was crafting my ascended weapons i tried to do 1 or 2 world boss when i could by checking online World Boss timer. It was an ok method since most of the time i was doing something with my guild and simply forgot to check and when i check the world boss just finished, but in the end and the course of several month i had enough dragonite ore to craft most of the weapons i wanted.

But then I came across a Commander on the Crystal Desert Server. He regularly form a World Boss Train in which we usually have between 20 and 30 ppl running across Tyria doing World Boss after World in a very fast pace. Not only this yield a huge amount of Dragonite ore (i usually do between 150-250 ore in 2-4 hours), but i found out that it was really fun. I did some event that i never did, or only on a few occasion. I brought my guildmate, making new players discovering the game and playing in most of the map of the game. I’m sure other commander on other server do the same thing, especially on high pop PvE server like CD. By doing this train 4-5 times, i had enough Dragonite ore to craft a complete set of Ascended armor and I still have 500 additional ore in my bank., and i’m not talking about the 10-30 Rares and all the rest of the loots which is not bad at all at the end of the run.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It was purposely designed to make players utilize more aspects of the game. Not just one or two. Just about everyone if ‘forced’ to do something they would rather not be doing to acquire some ascended material. It could be running dungeons. It could be doing temples/world bosses.

The biggest problem with dragonite ore is not so much that you must do a certain part of the game, it’s that you need to find a lot of others to do that certain part of the game with you, at the same time. And if you happen to play on a certain timeframe where there’s not a lot of people online, that can become a problem. Or if you have a pc that simply cannot handle the load of those large world boss events. Before I upgraded my pc, I made sure I was never in the area when a big world boss would show up, simply because my pc would show less than 1fps. And you won’t get any reward when you don’t participate in an event, even if you would have loved to but your pc won’t let you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Dragonite is working as intended. It’s the other 2 that are broken. All of them should be a somewhat lengthy process to get.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Heltzer.2435

Heltzer.2435

For myself, dragonite is very easy to get every day. I use my second monitor to watch three servers at once so I can hop between servers to catch about 14 different world events. Usually I can get them all done in a couple hours….just a suggestion.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The biggest problem with dragonite ore is not so much that you must do a certain part of the game, it’s that you need to find a lot of others to do that certain part of the game with you, at the same time. And if you happen to play on a certain timeframe where there’s not a lot of people online, that can become a problem. Or if you have a pc that simply cannot handle the load of those large world boss events. Before I upgraded my pc, I made sure I was never in the area when a big world boss would show up, simply because my pc would show less than 1fps. And you won’t get any reward when you don’t participate in an event, even if you would have loved to but your pc won’t let you.

Most of the world events are actually easier and faster when done with fewer people because the scaling tends to do stupid things with the HP. I would say aim for 5 or less except for megadestroyer and karka queen.

in Crafting

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

However, Dragonite Ore requires the defeat of a World Boss, or the flipping of a Temple (including the defeat of a Legendary NPC) which is hardly something an individual can accomplish easily or otherwise…

So look at the timer websites and do the world bosses whenever they come up, or if your server doesn’t do them regularly guest to another server. I find dragonite easy to get when I concentrate on doing it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If you join the World Boss train, Dragonite Ore builds up fairly quickly. I used to have very little Dragonite Ore, then I farmed the Karka Queen something fierce while hunting for the Settler’s Gossamer Insignia recipe, and ended up with well over 1000 Dragonite Ore as a result.

That said, I agree that we really need a Mystic Forge recipe to convert excess Ascended mats of one type to another.

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Yeah, I only have 30 useless stacks of dragonite ores while I have 100 useless stacks of bloodstone dust! Please make ascended material more trivial to acquire so I have more things to delete.

[DONE]

in Crafting

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Getting dragonite is really not a problem. Just get used to watch major temples. Once you see a temple contested, go there and join the event chain, or start it if not running already.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Yeah, I only have 30 useless stacks of dragonite ores while I have 100 useless stacks of bloodstone dust!

Yeah, bloodstone dust is useless. Just throw it away once you have enough bs bricks (starting with zero if you don’t craft). Simple as that. Well and IIRC there are some new ascended back item recipes using bloodstone dust.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

If you join the World Boss train, Dragonite Ore builds up fairly quickly. I used to have very little Dragonite Ore, then I farmed the Karka Queen something fierce while hunting for the Settler’s Gossamer Insignia recipe, and ended up with well over 1000 Dragonite Ore as a result.

That said, I agree that we really need a Mystic Forge recipe to convert excess Ascended mats of one type to another.

Wow, did you have that bad of a luck with the Settler’s Gossamer Insignia recipe dropping for you? I’ve ended up with a small stack of those recipes and a small stack of the Settler’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscription recipes. They seem to have a pretty good drop rate, at least within my group of friends.

I cringe every time I see a recipe drop from her any more. About as useful as another ascended ring drop from fractals.

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

I killed the Karka Queen 41 times before the Gossamer recipe dropped. x_x I was THAT unlucky. I kept on getting the Orichalcum recipe instead, although I suppose I can’t complain too much given that I also got the actual inscriptions/insignias a few times which sold nicely.

But yeah, I find it extremely annoying that the recipes are account bound. No recipe should be account bound, IMO. I had guildies who kept on getting the Gossamer recipe and could only destroy them when they knew I wanted one so badly.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

I killed the Karka Queen 41 times before the Gossamer recipe dropped. x_x I was THAT unlucky. I kept on getting the Orichalcum recipe instead, although I suppose I can’t complain too much given that I also got the actual inscriptions/insignias a few times which sold nicely.

But yeah, I find it extremely annoying that the recipes are account bound. No recipe should be account bound, IMO. I had guildies who kept on getting the Gossamer recipe and could only destroy them when they knew I wanted one so badly.

I have 4 of one and 6 of the other but I still don’t see a point in their existence. As long as the drops exist they aren’t worth making.

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Yeah. They’re valuable only to recipe collectors like myself, basically. :P Still, I don’t mind having the actual inscriptions/insignia drop; I’m planning to use a few as part of my levelling to 500 grind.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I had a problem with dragonite ore too, but that was only because I wasn’t doing world bosses as much. Last night I did world bosses for 1-2 hours and got 2 stacks of Dragonite ore. In retrospect, I think it’s fine. You just have to do world bosses, and not everyone likes doing that because the gold reward is pretty crap compared to dungeons.

p.s. Use the gw2stuff overlay. It’s surprisingly really accurate and helps a ton. The game should have this build in to be honest.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

(edited by Charming Rogue.8071)

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Well, that’s basically the problem. There’s only a few ways to get Dragonite Ore:

1. From World Bosses
2. From Guild Challenges
3. From Champion Keep Lords in WvW

The only real way to get lots of Dragonite in a decent amount of time is to join the World Boss train and focus on the Temples/Dragons/Karka Queen. Guild Challenges can only be done once per week, and only the largest and most active guilds will do those. Keeps don’t flip that often, and if you’re on a server with a low WvW population, good luck trying to get Dragonite Ore that way.

Empyreal Fragments at least have more sources that can be done pretty much at one’s own pace:

1. Dungeons
2. Fractals
3. Jumping Puzzles
4. Random chests scattered across the open world

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Well, that’s basically the problem. There’s only a few ways to get Dragonite Ore:

1. From World Bosses

yes and most of them gives so few you just don t want to lose time…
2-5 dragonite for a 30 min event ……for example.

Temples are the only reliable source.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

Temples, Dragons and Golem give a descent amount. Everything else gives very little.
Temples and Golem with around 10 people seems to be easiest.

They should increase keep lord and and tower drops for asccended mats so we don’t have to do Dungeons and Trains.

in Crafting

Posted by: murven.7581

murven.7581

Temples, Dragons and Golem give a descent amount. Everything else gives very little.

They should increase keep lord and and tower drops for asccended mats so we don’t have to do Dungeons and Trains.

Well, they want people to play more parts of the game, not less, so do not count on that…

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

For golem, keeping it 5 or less(possibly just under 5) is easiest. Above that the scaling just drags it out into excessive amounts.

The fire shaman is also a decent choice. It drops the same range of dragonite as the dragons and golem. It also has a relatively short timer like the golem.

in Crafting

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

First of all..the game is called GUILD wars..meaning guilds and being member of one is kinda core-business to the game and people who are playing this.

Check the History of Tyria in the Wiki. You’ll find that the name Guild Wars has NOTHING to do with the kind of guilds you’re talking about.

in Crafting

Posted by: murven.7581

murven.7581

First of all..the game is called GUILD wars..meaning guilds and being member of one is kinda core-business to the game and people who are playing this.

Check the History of Tyria in the Wiki. You’ll find that the name Guild Wars has NOTHING to do with the kind of guilds you’re talking about.

It may not have anything to do with it in the lore, but ArenaNet has stated several times that it is an important part of the game that they intend to foster.