Legendaries should be Account Bound?

in Crafting

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

So I crafted my Twilight and using it on my Warrior for PvE for some time, but now I am interested in doing WvW but there are no good GS zerg builds so far I’ve seen. So I want to be able to use my twilight on my guardian because there are GS/Staff builds for wvw.

So basicaly, I can’t really use my Twilight for WvW and since “Guild Wars 2” feels rewarding for the things you do (said in the Gw2 2013 Preview trailer), but not able to use some legendary weapons what is in PvE good but in WvW not that good on the profesion you play as, doesn’t feel rewarding at all, but earlier a waste.

Reason I make this Topic is because I am working on a second legendary and I have Gift of Mastery/Fortune and 300+ gold, I can’t deside which legendary I will get since I have no idea if there are furture plans on making it Account Bound or not, or I will go for the staff for my guardian.

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

You have a Legendary = You have NO problem

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

You have a Legendary = You have NO problem

What a completely useless comment….

Anyways I agree with the OP, legendary weapons should be able to be moved from character to character without wasting fine transmutation crystals. I’m wondering if Anet is going to make legendary weapons account bound when they introduce the swappable-stat system.

Also since GS on warrior isn’t really optimal in PvE either (since Axe/Mace overshadows it in sustained damage), you might think of going for Frostfang or The Moot.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There is not a lot of sympathy to be had from the other 99% of the player base for improving the lot of folks with legendaries… Especially with the announcement of Legendaries becoming stat-morphing Asceneded weapons later this year. Its an elegant solution to a serious coding issue (how to upgrade all the existing legedaries that have been skinned on to other stat-lines) but I don’t know that there needs to be even more incentive to get them.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

There is not a lot of sympathy to be had from the other 99% of the player base for improving the lot of folks with legendaries… Especially with the announcement of Legendaries becoming stat-morphing Asceneded weapons later this year. Its an elegant solution to a serious coding issue (how to upgrade all the existing legedaries that have been skinned on to other stat-lines) but I don’t know that there needs to be even more incentive to get them.

I see your point but at the same time, if someone spends the time/effort/money to craft a legendary weapon, they shouldn’t be limited to having it on only one character. Currently there is a way to move legendary weapons to another toon using 2 fine transmutation crystals, but after they implement the swappable-stat system I doubt you’ll want to/be able to transmute them, so making them account bound at the same time will still allow character swapping.

P.S. It would also prevent people from putting legendary weapons on lower than lv80 characters, if the legendary weapons are un-transmutable, account bound, and restricted to lv80 exotic/ascended stats.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Nike.2631

I see your point but at the same time, if someone spends the time/effort/money to craft a legendary weapon, they shouldn’t be limited to having it on only one character.

I disagree with your use of the word “shouldn’t”. That’s a personal belief, not an absolute statement of fact.

It would be nice for some people if they could move legedaries around their account freely, but I don’t think it’s a necessary perk, or even a healthy-for-the-game perk that once you have a legendary you never need another weapon of that type ever again…

in Crafting

Posted by: Joe.8142

Joe.8142

Agree with the OP. The one thing that puts me off getting a legendary is that if I get bored of the character I have it on then it was a waste of time getting it.

Should be able to move them freely between characters.

in Crafting

Posted by: eveleaf.4132

eveleaf.4132

Agree with the OP. The one thing that puts me off getting a legendary is that if I get bored of the character I have it on then it was a waste of time getting it.

Should be able to move them freely between characters.

In my experience, getting the legendary takes SO MUCH time and investment in a single character, that if you are likely to get bored with it, that will happen BEFORE you finish earning the legendary. YMMV.

in Crafting

Posted by: Skyblue.9358

Skyblue.9358

Why don’t you use the transmutation crystal? You can transmute to a non-soul bound white weapon first then pass to another character.

Winter Skyblue, Elementalist, Kaineng

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Legendaries should be like HoM rewards/achievement point skins

in Crafting

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I see your point but at the same time, if someone spends the time/effort/money to craft a legendary weapon, they shouldn’t be limited to having it on only one character.

I disagree with your use of the word “shouldn’t”. That’s a personal belief, not an absolute statement of fact.

It would be nice for some people if they could move legedaries around their account freely, but I don’t think it’s a necessary perk, or even a healthy-for-the-game perk that once you have a legendary you never need another weapon of that type ever again…

@bold
Not necessarily, I maintain same stat weapons but with different sigils for different situations(some are useless for pve but are great for wvw like Restoration & Stamina). This won’t change even if we had an account bound legendary with interchangeable stats.

@OP
First decide on what you wanna main for WvW and is the class okay for you to run more in PvE and what weapon type is mostly used for both scenarios.

You might want to look into Juggernaut for your warrior/guardian, its not used that much in PvE for warriors but its used alot for WvW.

For guards, you can hammer in PvE and its also useful for WvW for blasting and area denial/knockbacks. And if ever they decide to make it account bound both your classes can use it.

If you have patience, you can also just gather mats/gold(aside from the precursor) and wait for the precursor/ascended weapon update coming soon™ then make a more informed choice.

in Crafting

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

THAY NEED LESS RANBOW LEGENDARYS :P

in Crafting

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

P.S or just a kick butt dubble of the rainbow weapons

in Crafting

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

I’m in favor of this, I crafted Sunrise on my guard and I have no regrets, But since I also play warrior it would be nice if i could use it on him as well from time to time.

My friend is in same situation, currently preferring another character over the one with the legendary.

Most people won’t get more than 1 weapon, I think it’s fair that this should be made account bound.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

It baffles me that ascended weapons are account bound but Legendaries aren’t. Seriously, where is the logic in that?

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Account bound, soulbound on equip – so you can make them on your weapons crafter and then move them to the character that uses them. They will NOT be bouncing from character to character.