Legendary Armor

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: srgntpepper.8702

srgntpepper.8702

So I’m pretty bummed out right now. I really like being an armor smith in mmo’s because I like how different armor sets look. So, it is pretty lame that arena net only made legendary weapons, but not craft able legendary armor. I’m level 80 and and have no use for my profession anymore, with the time required to get mats and sell exotic on the TP, its more worth my time to farm for mats and ectos and sell that on the TP. Weapon smiths can make legendary weapons that they sell on the trading post for TONS of gold if anyone buys them(It’s like enough to retire from in IRL). It just seems strange. Is A-net working on legendary armor sets right now, or are they just going to stick with weapons?

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Do you know how to make a legendary weapon? Depending on which weapon it is you need two crafts, you farm up all the mats you make 1 recipe per craft, and then you throw those crafted items in the mystic forge to get the legendary (plus precursor). While a lot of weapons need weapon smith several need armor smith as well. So weapon smiths don’t really have an advantage other than the choice of weapons they can make/sell. Legendary armor sounds cool, but it shouldn’t be focused on armor smithing/tailoring/leatherworking anymore than the current weapons are focused on artificer/weapon smith/huntsman. (All weapons need at least one of those, so the armor could use at least one of the armor crafting as well, but shouldn’t exclude jewelers and cooks.)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

srgntpepper.8702

Do you know how to make a legendary weapon? Depending on which weapon it is you need two crafts, you farm up all the mats you make 1 recipe per craft, and then you throw those crafted items in the mystic forge to get the legendary (plus precursor). While a lot of weapons need weapon smith several need armor smith as well. So weapon smiths don’t really have an advantage other than the choice of weapons they can make/sell. Legendary armor sounds cool, but it shouldn’t be focused on armor smithing/tailoring/leatherworking anymore than the current weapons are focused on artificer/weapon smith/huntsman. (All weapons need at least one of those, so the armor could use at least one of the armor crafting as well, but shouldn’t exclude jewelers and cooks.)

You just made my point, there should not be anymore focus on armor smithing/tailoring/leatherworking than artificer/weapon smith/huntsman. My point is that there is too much focus on weapon smith and huntsman because they can make legendary weapons that they can either use or sell for loads of gold. I’m not sure, but I think the point you were trying to make is that weapon smiths need components from armor smiths? If that is true, armor smiths still do not make anywhere near as much gold from their best armor. My point is there is too much focus on crafting weapons because A-net hasn’t made legendary armor yet.

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

There are quite a few legendary weapons that require you to have 400 armor smithing/tailoring/leather working

That being said, armor would be cool, isn’t gonna happen sadly.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Yet.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’m a master smith of nearly all the crafts here, but I don’t make LOADS of gold as you put it because of it.

Mastering the two required crafts for a Legendary are only a VERY small part of what it takes to make one.

That being said, Legendary Armor would be cool.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Yet.

They make too much money from gems store armor skins. It won’t happen for a very, very long time, as it would kill too much gem transactions.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

srgntpepper.8702

Yet.

They make too much money from gems store armor skins. It won’t happen for a very, very long time, as it would kill too much gem transactions.

They make weapon skins to though…

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Yet.

They make weapon skins to though…

….that aren’t Legendary. If anything your post just supported his.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

You just made my point, there should not be anymore focus on armor smithing/tailoring/leatherworking than artificer/weapon smith/huntsman. My point is that there is too much focus on weapon smith and huntsman because they can make legendary weapons that they can either use or sell for loads of gold. I’m not sure, but I think the point you were trying to make is that weapon smiths need components from armor smiths? If that is true, armor smiths still do not make anywhere near as much gold from their best armor. My point is there is too much focus on crafting weapons because A-net hasn’t made legendary armor yet.

You obviously have no idea how legendary weapons are crafted. Weapon smithing and huntsman don’t actually craft the legendary weapons themselves, the mystic forge does.

So even if they added legendary armor, you still wouldn’t be able to craft it using armor smithing per-say.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Here is how many times each crafting profession is required if we were to make every single legendary…

Cooking I I I
Jeweler I I I I
Artificer I I I I I
Huntsman I I I I I I
Armormsith I I I I I
Weaponsmith I I I I I I I
Leatherworker I I
Tailor I I

Really nothing to complain about..

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Kareth.6572

Kareth.6572

I think that OP is just trolling… Given You need +- 1000 gold to craft legendary weapon, its quite lame to complain that you need certain crafting profession which actually means as much as spending ~10g to level it up…

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

lol could you imagine the materials needed to craft an entire set of legendary armor

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

lol could you imagine the materials needed to craft an entire set of legendary armor

If they were going to go that route, it would make more sense to add another slot in the equipment screen just to add an item that gives your character and glow/particle effect to the current armor or make it only for a chest or head piece.

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

jwaz.1908

If they were going to go that route, it would make more sense to add another slot in the equipment screen just to add an item that gives your character and glow/particle effect to the current armor or make it only for a chest or head piece.

It wouldn’t be that hard actually, the mystic forge recipe would be for a box containing all the armor pieces, instead of just each individual piece.

That being said, I don’t really want to see legendary armor in this game.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

This would be my choice for implementing legendary armor, and I suggested the same thing in another similar thread.

Make the legendary piece JUST the particle effect upgrade that can be applied to any armor piece, so we don’t have 35 million people running around in the same armor set just because it has purple text.

This game is about aesthetic customization, after all.

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

jwaz.1908

This would be my choice for implementing legendary armor, and I suggested the same thing in another similar thread.

Make the legendary piece JUST the particle effect upgrade that can be applied to any armor piece, so we don’t have 35 million people running around in the same armor set just because it has purple text.

This game is about aesthetic customization, after all.

I disagree that legendary armor should just be a slot for a particle effect. I think if anything, legendary armor should just be the best looking armor in the game, or have something interesting about it rather than just a particle, in fact adding a particle effect would be harder since it would clash with any given by legendary weapons.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Make the legendary piece JUST the particle effect upgrade that can be applied to any armor piece

Not going to work.

It would look ugly, too, but one of the issues can be seen on the “Bazaar of the Four Winds” armors – ArenaNet has not figured out ways to allow players to dye armors with too many particle effects. That’s why we cannot dye the particle effects on CoF armors, and is probably why we can’t dye the BotFW armor.

Adding particle effects to existing armors would likely remove color customization from said armors, while giving no color customization to the particle effects themselves. In many ways, we would end with less unique looks, not more.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Legendary Armor

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

They could make it like crafting a satchel of armor with all 6 parts in one final package and re-use the recipe formula of gift of mastery/fortune/X/X.