Legendary Owners: Do you regret it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

I was just thinking of this a while ago… Never seen a thread for this.

But to the legendary owners out there, have you or do you regret your legendary of choice?

Like, did you regret your Twilight? Underwater legendary? Didn’t think the Dreamer was all what you thought it’d be?

Just for my own curiousity and for others!

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

in Crafting

Posted by: Sojournion.1847

Sojournion.1847

aimed for Sunrise and got it just a month ago after clocking in 1k hours. I guess my objective is achieved. Having said that, now the game holds nothing for me. Waiting on other MMOs like Blade and Soul to be released.

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

I got Bolt for my Mesmer and I love it. I have since gotten The Anomaly to go with it, and now I’m slowly working on a Volcanus for my Guardian. No regret at all.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

I first made the Dreamer with the old effect and I loved it!
Then they updated the Dreamer and I went bonkers loved it even more!
Now I have finished Bolt and I could not be happier with it.
(Lightning Aura FTW! <3 whoever made that aura so much!)
Next up Quip! (30% done)

Long time investment, but when I think about how I will have this for the rest of the game and it will auto upgrade I am satisfied. (also keeps me busy)

Tip if you are hard core farming for a legend and start to burn out like I have teaching new people how to run a dungeon or an aspect of the game can be fun, and productive. (You get to laugh at them and help them become better players)

I spent a while teaching people how to run CoE for Lodestones and occassionally they would give me a core or lodestone for my patience. (never asked for it – gladly took it) I would always make sure at the beginning and throughout the run to mention I will buy any cores or lodestones on the grey market so we both get a better deal.

I was working with guildies and teaching them so there was no concern about a bad trade on the gray market.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Its not so much regret as it is a feeling of “now what?”. I got good at collecting gold and rare items and doing dungeons efficiently but unless I want to make another legendary those skills are pretty useless now. I guess I will save for T3 cultural or something… or maybe craft a new alt to 80 for fun.

I tried helping friends get theirs but they just end up begging for all my drops because I don’t “need” them(I never once asked anyone for help making my legendary, this just seemed bad manners to me).

in Crafting

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Not sure I would say I regret making my legendaries per say. The main thing that’s bugging me ever so slightly however, is that I first now, after 7 months, settled on Guardian as being my “main profession”, so Bolt had to be transmuted over from the Thief I made it on, and I now have an Incinerator just collecting dust on the Thief. It doesn’t bother me all too much, but it still feels like a shame that I spent so much time and effort on making something, only to have it get stuck on a different character I no longer play. At least with the Bolt, there was the option to transmute it over, which I am fine with, as I don’t really want Soldier’s stats on my weapons at any rate, and if they’d be auto-scaled with Ascended weapons added or not, I would need to grind the stats I desire regardless for transmuting. Guardians can’t use daggers though, so that one I mildly regret, considering I could’ve worked on a different one if I had settled on the profession to play sooner.

I do have a Legendary-related actual regret however, which is that I equipped the Chaos Gun when I got it back in the days, as I never see myself personally wanting to make the Quip. Could rather have sold it and earned some extra Gold in my pockets, but nobody had made Quip at the time that I got it anyways, so I had no idea how “special” that pistol is. Not my taste, but I understand if others want to make it.

I also wish I had the Spear precursor on my Guardian, and not my Thief, but at least when I potentially at some point decide I want to create it, I can just give the finished product to my Guardian anyways, so that one’s not too bad.

Overall, not much of a regret in Legendary choices, as long-term goals of mine are to make a number of them over the years at any rate. E.g., most of the ones that can be used by Guardian which I like the look of. Working casually on Rodgort now in example.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lukrath.6982

Lukrath.6982

aimed for Sunrise and got it just a month ago after clocking in 1k hours. I guess my objective is achieved. Having said that, now the game holds nothing for me. Waiting on other MMOs like Blade and Soul to be released.

I have over 1k hours an I JUST got a level 80 :O
I wanna play blade and soul too. it seems like it will be cool

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Hell no. One good thing about getting a legendary is that everything else either

1.) pales in comparison to the amount of effort needed to get it so you won’t be tired
or
2.) lose interest in other skins such that you don’t need to farm much anymore.

Right after I got my Quip, I stated leveling and playing my mes. Once I got him to 80, I almost played mes in wvw exclusively and did not regret not doing those daily fractals, daily dungeons, daily cofs, etc. (I still do daily dragons/world boss when i can since it’s easy)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

I managed to craft Kudzu for my sylvari ranger in December. Not only are the two practically made for each other, I love the flowery footprints. No regrets whatsoever!

At the moment I am one precursor short of Bifrost for my guardian, and I didn’t even do anything for the effort. The stuff just accumulated while playing the game. It’s not likely that I’ll regret that one either, even if I have to buy the kitten precursor from TP.

tmakinen of [SoF]

in Crafting

Posted by: Sojournion.1847

Sojournion.1847

I have over 1k hours an I JUST got a level 80 :O
I wanna play blade and soul too. it seems like it will be cool

@Lukrath. We can only wait…it has been a 3 year wait for me

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Why regret? GW2 is a collection book for me.

Just collecting those leggies one by one (5th atm). I don’t find real interest in any specific content of the game.
I just enjoy the social and competitive aspects of it.

On days that I’m not so interested in playing, my routine will be logging in, piling anything from 15-30g. logging out. A month+ down the road and I got myself a new leggy.

So yeah, it’s just a # for me I guess.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

hmm got my twilight around Christmas and as a few stated above, i quickly grew bored of the game, with the feeling, now what? i could have tried for another legendary but with them showing up on tp i could have just as easily bought one from tp. i logg on from time to time to check in on new features but nothing seems to draw my attention >.<

in Crafting

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

Sounds like some of you do regret it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

Just got my Sunrise yesterday, not regretting it, at least yet.

in Crafting

Posted by: bullettohead.9715

bullettohead.9715

Eh. Made my first one 53 days in, made my other 2 months ago.

Don’t really regret. It was fun and I get to wag my kitten around.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

I have frostfang, love it. Have howler too love it. Going for a 3rd and undecided legendary now. The only thing I wish I would have done different is make either sunrise bolt or flameseeker (the three I am held up on now) then making howler. I mean I really like it but I hardly ever use it except to stand around in town and in wvw zergs. other than that I feel i would have much more use out of 1 of the other 3 first.

in Crafting

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Regret my first one, not gonna say why, just gonna say I don’t have it anymore.

Second one only took me two weeks to make thanks to mega rng and I always wanted an Incinerator. I’m gonna make a bolt at some point, but slowly. I don’t really PvE so getting a legendary in a fast time without extreme luck is impossible. :c

There is no real reason to make a legendary, unless you like looks, and thats the only reason people really go for one.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i got Juggernaut, after many hours of.. playing : ))) and that being said, i don’t use it 24/7. don’t get me wrong though, i absolutely love it, and when i swing it, it feels pretty good. but to me, in the end, it’s another skin and there are a many great skins for the hammer and other weapons out there. and i sort of play mix and match with my various builds, so they all sort of need their own skin sets as well lol.

but definitely no regrets. : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Just got my leaky mercury thermometer as well, love every single bit of it. I’m gonna take a break (probably months long) from farming before starting to work on mjolnir or foefire’s power

Oceanic [LOD]

in Crafting

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I have no regrets-- mostly because I only know one other Engineer on Rall with the Flameseeker Prophecies, and she* is the guild leader of one of the biggest guilds on the server. Most others who wield this shield are usually one of the two usual heavy professions. I thought about building the rifle, but then I remembered how many Engineers I have bumped into who also use the legendary rifle. Though that number is nowhere near the number of Twilights and Sunrises out there, I just think the rifle would be too much of a "go-to" weapon for Engineers, just like how the greatswords are the go-to weapons for the professions that could use them.

Plus, I have a lot of fun gathering the materials needed to build the shield. I enjoyed most of the journey, and took my time with most of it. I’m sure I would have finished it much quicker if it weren’t for me blowing off the ectos on the Fractal backpiece, but at least I’m happy with it.

Now only if the actual shield thrown is the legendary instead some generic wooden shield...

* = I only assumed this gender because that’s the gender of the character wielding it. I’ve never actually spoke to this person or conducted direct relations with the guild in question.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Made Sunrise for my guard and Kudzu for my ranger. Only thing I regret is wasting the mats of a legendary on such a messed up class as ranger But as others have said, now that I have done 2 legendaries and have my dungeon master title, I really don’t log in that much anymore since atm there isn’t really much else to do unless I want to make another legendary but that’s kinda lost its appeal and I really don’t want to have to grind 600g for another precursor.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

No regrets. Though I am quite bored now. cba to farm another legendary, just takes too long and is boring as hell.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Furutre.2193

Furutre.2193

Not at all, the weapon is amazing. Worth every hour and coin used

in Crafting

Posted by: ccspokai.6941

ccspokai.6941

i’ve made Dreamer and Incinerator
dreamer tooks me 600 hours because i was still new that time
and incinerator only took me 350hours++
i’ve never regret my decision , and glad new patch they updated visual effects on incinerator
now im going for frostfang and howler , they look very nice while unsheathed together

in Crafting

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

no way im regretting my decision for crafting my legendary. how i love the “shiny and sparkling” effect from the moot naw if only i done building flameseeker ohhhhhh the glory!

in Crafting

OIIIIIO.7825

OK so it turns out they updated my new legendary again!

Bolt now shocks things to death! woot

and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)

in Crafting

Posted by: eric.8203

eric.8203

going for kraitkin for my guardian only big eff on it is its underwater i want them to add more underwater content to make it funner but only really want it cause its made out of eels that looks like snakes so that makes it worth it to me to try and get it at the end of the day its a skin that will get updated so you dont have to buy fine transmute stones to keep the skin its the 1 thing you gotta remeber after this probally lvl alts and get achievments might get other skins arachnaphobia and jormags breath looks sweet might go for those next

in Crafting

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

No regrets at all. I got a long-term goal accomplished, and its fun to shoot enemies with a flowery bow in WvW.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

in Crafting

Posted by: Darklimbo.1476

Darklimbo.1476

Simple Answer. No. I enjoy the game more now. I play WvW and PvP without worrying about farming tons of gold and materials.

The River Dragon has come

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I love my bolt, no regrets at all. It actually encouraged me to learn to play better so I could stay in melee range more and use it instead of always just switching to range.

My farming has slowed way down since then though, I just do whatever I feel is fun at the time now. Allowed me to earn my T3 armor and my (almost) fully upgraded fractal capacitor just through normal play.

I’m starting to save up for the future, but I will probably wait for new legendary weapons/armor before going for something else.

in Crafting

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

No regrets on getting Bolt for my Sylvari Mesmer. I’ve started running CoF with only one MH so i have Bolt on both sets.

I did gave a few days of “now what?” after finishing Bolt. Then i decided to slowly start working towards The Dreamer for my Asuran Ranger.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Got my incinerator a few weeks ago. no complaints as of yet.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Crafting

Posted by: Makarei.4316

Makarei.4316

my answer is YES so i just destroyed it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Almdudler.8621

Almdudler.8621

No regrets after some hardcore grind for Kudzu because it looks awesome !! I am just glad the whole grind is over and I can relax

in Crafting

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Do I regret making The Ponybow so I can shoot unicorns at my enemies? Nope, I do not regret it.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Riathen.2641

Riathen.2641

I regret putting so much time into making them. I put all of my focus into grinding these skins and in the end it just feels hallow. After making Eternity, my fourth, I stopped playing. I couldn’t conjure up the will to make another. They were the only thing to really do PvE wise but they weren’t worth the effort looking back on it.

in Crafting

Posted by: OZtheWiZARD.2401

OZtheWiZARD.2401

I went for the Juggernaut for my Warrior and I don’t regret it at all.
What’s more important my quest for it have thought me many aspects of the game and improved my experience in general. After all you have to get this precursor somehow

in Crafting

Posted by: IceCreamTruck.7863

IceCreamTruck.7863

No regrets whatsoever about getting my Kudzu. That being said I got it back in December when it was quite a bit easier to get. Spent about 350 hours and 250 gold on the items for it.

From what I’ve seen most people who regret making a legendary got burned out on the whole grind and then once it was made they felt like there was nothing left in the game. I try to vary how I’m playing and what I’m doing every day so that I don’t get bored of any particular aspect of the game. I never set a date for myself. Getting a legendary weapon is a long term goal and if you just play the game and save up for this goal, it will eventually happen.

However, even after saying all the above with the current prices I don’t think I will put up with the dungeon/fractal/daily grind for a new legendary. I just turn my gold into gems and buy fun stuff for guild events now.

(edited by IceCreamTruck.7863)

in Crafting

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

One day, you’ll tell fellow gamers how you made your legendary, not what you did with it after you got it. Make that story worth telling.
Whether it’s farming for a month, saving for a year, playing the TP or working dozens of extra hours just for the gems, that’s your story. All of those can be legendary stories.

What no one cares about, is how you felt 3 months after. The rush eventually wears off, as with every other achievement in life, big or small. Don’t be that guy basking in 4 touchdowns in 1 game, 30 years later.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Crafting

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

Got Bolt pretty easily in the beginning because I got lucky with Colossus out of the MF which funded a fair bit of it. Now working on Predator, doing good but have no idea about how I’ll get a precurosr this time, sell price is in the 550g mark and I’m about 250g short of that with still a decent amount of T6 mats and lodestones to go. Probably about 2-3 months away, still I like having goals in games so it’s cool.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sinanju.8456

Sinanju.8456

I don’t regret my juggernaut but I do regret my sunrise. I wish I got the predator for my engineer.

(Engineer) Sayonara Memory

in Crafting

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

No. I love my sunrise.

in Crafting

Posted by: Neurotic.4328

Neurotic.4328

I have Sunrise for my Mesmer and Twilight for my Warrior i did have Predator but sold it week or so afterwards so i regretted making that but… only thing i do regret is how much time i’ve but into the game just farming , but other than that makes my characters a lot more funner to play. (also i think now that i’m done with legendaries for now the game PvE got a little bit more boring, so i’m starting to do WvW more and SPvP tourneys too)

in Crafting

Firegoth.6427

I have Sunrise for my Mesmer and Twilight for my Warrior i did have Predator but sold it week or so afterwards so i regretted making that but… only thing i do regret is how much time i’ve but into the game just farming , but other than that makes my characters a lot more funner to play. (also i think now that i’m done with legendaries for now the game PvE got a little bit more boring, so i’m starting to do WvW more and SPvP tourneys too)

You’ll eat your heart out when they fix Eternity…

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

No.

You know why? I enjoyed every second of playing.

My Mesmer recently got Kamohoali’i Kotaki and you know why it was so fun? I didn’t farm it. I didn’t repeat myself for hours on end, I played with great friends who were fun to be around, not dozing as I run the same dungeon path 20 times in a row.

People constantly claim they are “glad it’s over”. I’ve never understood why they aim for a Legendary if they don’t enjoy getting one.

SPOILERS: Nobody cares about your Legendary other than you, and possibly your friends, so anybody getting one with the intentions of showing off is an utter moron.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Neurotic.4328

Neurotic.4328

You’ll eat your heart out when they fix Eternity…

Yeah i was considering Eternity but… right now no effects kinda ruins it so i just made them separately, if they do fix it though then oo maybe ill make it, +.. i also transmuted it :/

in Crafting

OIIIIIO.7825

People constantly claim they are “glad it’s over”. I’ve never understood why they aim for a Legendary if they don’t enjoy getting one.

SPOILERS: Nobody cares about your Legendary other than you, and possibly your friends, so anybody getting one with the intentions of showing off is an utter moron.

Reason People aim for a Legnedary:
It gives you a long term goal
Status Symbol
Never need to replace that type of weapon again since it will upgrade
Looks cool
etc etc

Other do care about the Legendary and you can tell because they will discuss it/ bring it up when chatting. If someone didn’t care about it that would not happen because well lack of concern.

I hope this helps you better understand why one would go for a legendary and that other people actually do care, not as much as you would about your own legendary but they do.

in Crafting

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Only one thing: i wanna make a twilight, the only thing it’s Literally killing me it’s dusk :\ i will NEVER have 650g do waste on ah, and i burned over 800k karma trying to do it on the mystic forge… how the hell did you guys got your precursors?

in Crafting

Firegoth.6427

Only one thing: i wanna make a twilight, the only thing it’s Literally killing me it’s dusk :\ i will NEVER have 650g do waste on ah, and i burned over 800k karma trying to do it on the mystic forge… how the hell did you guys got your precursors?

Bought.

Which I’m about to do in a week with Dusk as well.
Don’t start a legendary if you don’t have the stomach for it.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Bought.

Which I’m about to do in a week with Dusk as well.
Don’t start a legendary if you don’t have the stomach for it.

Actually, it’s not the stuff needer for it that it’s being eh, it’s only the precursor lol