Legendary Weapon Question

in Crafting

Posted by: Levithiann.9784

Levithiann.9784

I am in the process of working towards gathering the components of the legendary shortbow “The Dreamer” and I have a question about it. I noticed that all legendary weapons have power, toughness, and vitality stats, but I would like different stats on my bow once I get it. I plan on transmuting The Dreamer bow’s skin into an exotic berserker’s or rampager’s bow. I know that the skin will cross to the exotic bow, but will the special effects of the bow still work? It is supposed to shoot multi-colored arrows and I don’t know if that part of the aesthetic will be lost when transmuted. I think this because the color effect is not only just an appearance, but actually part of the attacking animation. So are The Dreamer’s rainbow arrows part of the skin that is transmutable, or is it a hidden stat that would technically be lost in transmute when taking the stats of another bow? I want to know this before I try it and get really upset after who knows how long it will take me. Thanks!

in Crafting

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

From what I have read you can transmute yes. It will lose the purple legendary name but everything else will remain the same like the effects. The stats of course will change to what you choose.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Crafting

Posted by: Levithiann.9784

Levithiann.9784

Huh, the loss of the purple name will bother me slightly, I hope they change that because it makes it stand out from everything else. Upon looking at my transmuted armor on the other hand, I have found that the opposite is true. I transmuted Inquest armor stats into a Shaman Breastplate from CoE, but the Breastplate still kept its name, letting on that the name comes from the appearance’s origin and not the stats’ origin. So by that logic, if I transmuted my Inquest bow’s stats into The Dreamer, then it would still be called The Dreamer, with the exception of the word “legendary” being changed into “transmuted.” It seems like the name and rarity would stay the same, although it is not a big deal in itself. I just want my bow to be perfect even though I won’t be hovering over it with my mouse very often. Thank you for the input, I hope this all works out when it comes time.

(edited by Levithiann.9784)

in Crafting

Posted by: Comalies.6295

Comalies.6295

He was saying the “color”,not the name. The color of legendaries(The Dreamer in this case) in the name “The Dreamer” is purple, Exotics,are orangish yellow.
Transmuting this item into an Exotic stats(which is where the names color come from,not the name of the item) will turn from purple,to orangish.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Yeah it will be orangish and also I don’t know if this bothers you as much as it does me but when you transmute it it will gain the runes name aswell.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Huh, the loss of the purple name will bother me slightly, I hope they change that because it makes it stand out from everything else. Upon looking at my transmuted armor on the other hand, I have found that the opposite is true. I transmuted Inquest armor stats into a Shaman Breastplate from CoE, but the Breastplate still kept its name, letting on that the name comes from the appearance’s origin and not the stats’ origin. So by that logic, if I transmuted my Inquest bow’s stats into The Dreamer, then it would still be called The Dreamer, with the exception of the word “legendary” being changed into “transmuted.” It seems like the name and rarity would stay the same, although it is not a big deal in itself. I just want my bow to be perfect even though I won’t be hovering over it with my mouse very often. Thank you for the input, I hope this all works out when it comes time.

No doubt. Until legendary weapons will be upgraded to ascended stats, and your beautiful bow will be just a cool skin, still working hard to craft/drop an ascended bow reskinning again. And well i expect way more an uberlong uberexpensive craft more than a chest drop Depends on how Anet will manage the
patch when ready about legendaries, and if his name was enough to make it go back to his proper new status. I doubt.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter