Legendary Weapon designs

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Wouldn’t it be great if anet held a contest for legendary Weapon designs. As good as some legendaries are lets face is most just seem to fall short of the title “legendary” in terms of apperence. So if you had the option of designing 1 weapon skin. What would it be, and what kinda effects would it have.

#ELEtism

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

We need a set that has lots of blood splatter. They could have some dripping like Sclerite Weapons, but only temporary after a kill. And maybe a random fatality on certain mobs, like the last hit cuts head off, or slicing them into two pieces.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ That would no doubt raise GW2’s rating to M/MA, reducing the potential pool of sales (not to mention getting it into trouble in countries like China and Germany that frown on overt violence in games), so it’s never going to happen.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Frayta.4816

Frayta.4816

A longbow that turned the skin of the user to be “on fire” where it was entirely made of fire- it would leave scorch marks as foot steps.

The bow itself could look like some living ember, or magma creature.

To spice things up it could have a blue flame at night.

That or some undead themed weapon- that changed the skin of the character to their skeletal structure.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

There was a thread a while back in this subforum with a lot of design ideas for new legendaries.

I like the idea of player designed weapons, that would be a great way to engage creative players in the game.

Anyhow, I would love to see some new legendary skins, having only one option for your favorite tool of the trade is quite limitating, even more so when some of them are a matter of an acquired taste (pony shooting bow, disco ball mace, etc., I’m looking at you)

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

Yeah here’s my greatsword!

Attachments:

Self Is The Emblem All

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: sigmataun.4103

sigmataun.4103

Legendaries can now switch stats…
Why not enable a mechanism that also allows them to switch skins? Allow all legendaries to be able to look like any exotic weapon. Perhaps even a set selection of exotic weapons only. Anyone wanting to flaunt their legendary can keep the original look. I honestly do not think this would cause a loss of money for Anet and I feel that it would provide the correct solution for a problem many people have. The resources required for legendaries merit this ability.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

Why not enable a mechanism that also allows them to switch skins? Allow all legendaries to be able to look like any exotic weapon. Perhaps even a set selection of exotic weapons only.

I think ANet is under the impression that the Legendary skins are better than all other skins, and making the skin optional would be a step backward.

The game needs more Legendary skins. Period. Supposedly we will be getting new Legendaries soon. I’ll wait and see what happens when that gets implemented. Perhaps all grievances will be addressed by that patch. We’ll see.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: sigmataun.4103

sigmataun.4103

LOL. One word: Moot.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Husky.6018

Husky.6018

Frostfang needs a trail, spinning whirl of ice would look epic

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

jsduke.6537

I actually kind of wish I could turn off other people’s Dreamers. Those ponies absolutely WRECK immersion. It’s just awful and it needs to go away.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I personally would like some changes to Incinerator, including larger, longer lasting footsteps that look more like fire and less like a tiny splat of lava that must mean your foot is 600 degrees Celsius.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I actually kind of wish I could turn off other people’s Dreamers. Those ponies absolutely WRECK immersion. It’s just awful and it needs to go away.

I think it improves immersion. It goes along the lines of rainbow staff, disco ball mace, and people throwing fireballs and lightning from their hands and plant based playable race.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

jsduke.6537

I think it improves immersion. It goes along the lines of rainbow staff, disco ball mace, and people throwing fireballs and lightning from their hands and plant based playable race.

I gave it a lot of thought, and after careful consideration I’ve decided that you’re wrong.

Ponies gotta go.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: dukefx.9730

dukefx.9730

A longbow that turned the skin of the user to be “on fire” where it was entirely made of fire- it would leave scorch marks as foot steps.

The bow itself could look like some living ember, or magma creature.

To spice things up it could have a blue flame at night.

That or some undead themed weapon- that changed the skin of the character to their skeletal structure.

Yet another elemental weapon \o/ Besides, we have 2 icy longbows already and also one with “blue flames”. I want some dark themed longbow for a change!

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Idanaeris.5723

Idanaeris.5723

Why not enable a mechanism that also allows them to switch skins? Allow all legendaries to be able to look like any exotic weapon. Perhaps even a set selection of exotic weapons only. Anyone wanting to flaunt their legendary can keep the original look. I honestly do not think this would cause a loss of money for Anet and I feel that it would provide the correct solution for a problem many people have. The resources required for legendaries merit this ability.

I think switching skins would be a bad idea. It would make the cool ones be less amazing in my opinion, making them not to special to the eye. And it would probably even cause some confusion at first. One needs to attach the value of something to a “face”. If the face is everywhere around you, then there’s nothing special to that face anymore.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Liquid Rhino.7192

Liquid Rhino.7192

Not sure if you’re referring to a player aura or weapon trail. Perhaps on other professions it may only have a short trail when swung, but on Rangers, each of the #1-3 MH and #4 OH skills are projectile-based; all leave long, swirling ice trails along with a unique sound effect akin to freezing breath. (Skill #2 shoots a fan of 5 blades with trails as well). It’s pretty noticeable even in wvw zergs, IMO.

Attachments:

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I agree- let them keep all the footsteps and other effects, but be able to add skins to them- would require that you have a weapon or skin to add to he skin list, consumes that weapon/skin and makes in available on the legendary’s selectable list

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Husky.6018

Husky.6018

Not sure if you’re referring to a player aura or weapon trail. Perhaps on other professions it may only have a short trail when swung, but on Rangers, each of the #1-3 MH and #4 OH skills are projectile-based; all leave long, swirling ice trails along with a unique sound effect akin to freezing breath. (Skill #2 shoots a fan of 5 blades with trails as well). It’s pretty noticeable even in wvw zergs, IMO.

Sorry if I came across unclear, I meant weapon trail. Haven’t seen Frostfang on a Ranger yet, but Warrior I know has no trail. Why is it bound to one profession? Warrior’s 5 OH could do with the effect.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Why not enable a mechanism that also allows them to switch skins? Allow all legendaries to be able to look like any exotic weapon. Perhaps even a set selection of exotic weapons only.

I think ANet is under the impression that the Legendary skins are better than all other skins, and making the skin optional would be a step backward.

sad but true, anyone here can list of at least half a dozen different skins that out do all the legendaries hands down.

#ELEtism

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I found these awsome swords in Soul Calibur

Attachments:

R.I.P Kumu <3

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

They held contests like that in GW1. The winners made really awesome looking weapons and at least one of those skins is still in GW2! (the dryad bow HoM reward)

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Legendary Weapon designs

in Crafting

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Alternatives to quip, moot, and dreamer would be greatly appreciated. I’d rather not troll my friends with quip for the luxury of stat swapping on the fly.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]