Legendary weapons, Mystic Clover and 2 million karma

in Crafting

Posted by: Allso.5093

Allso.5093

On another note we now know all the materials required to make a legendary item, we still do not know how many of each item it takes but we know what those items are.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/64363-legendary-weapons-guide/

in Crafting

Posted by: turboether.2643

turboether.2643

It’s a legendary. If you don’t want to put in the effort, you don’t deserve it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cloud.2059

Cloud.2059

Justifying a massive grind with the word “legendary” is just a bit ridiculous. It could have been called or named anything and look like crud and require 2 years to grind out and these people would say the same thing.

Heres the thing. I bought the game. I like the game. I like the general direction of the game ~ to allow even casual gamers or alt kittens or completionists like me the ability to experience every aspect of the game. I didnt buy the game to have something that is tiring, repetitive, and grindy ~ I make good money doing that for my job. I play a game to get away from that.

To quote todays post by GW2

In the past, we’ve talked about how in Guild Wars 2 we designed the game to avoid a common problem in many MMOs: grinding through chunks of boring, repetitive content to get to the occasional pockets of fun. With Guild Wars 2, we wanted the entire gameplay experience to be something that players enjoyed, regardless of how much time they could dedicate.

They did a good job avoiding the repetitive boring grind except where these legendaries are concerned. Bit ironic the timing this came out.

Anywho, I wasnt saying it should be a common item. I was saying that the difficulty to get is too high and that based on what we know this far, its a disgusting grindfest.

in Crafting

Posted by: Diskonekted.8167

Diskonekted.8167

Blows everything else out of water? Son let me tell you of this game called Lineage 2… We would spend weeks and months leveling characters and using a whole clan to kill a raid to get ONE item for ONE character. This raid is a world raid you have to fight other clans over which only spawns once every 2 weeks and takes 2 hours to kill IF you win the PVP. Everyone also have to have an item they have to do quest for in order to enter the world boss. Well there are plenty of those items in the game and they arekittenneeded unlike the stuff in GW2 which is just there for the looks afaik.

/laughs
Yeah people really have forgotten what a “grind” really is.

in Crafting

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Anywho, I wasnt saying it should be a common item. I was saying that the difficulty to get is too high and that based on what we know this far, its a disgusting grindfest.

There’s nothing compelling you to get a legendary other than prestige and aesthetics. If you don’t like grinding, don’t do it. Just do a dungeon and get one of the other cool looking weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Izziee.8392

Izziee.8392

On guildwars2guru we are a bunch of players who have been trying to figure out how to make the Legendary weapon Twilight. Here is a link to the thread: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/62812-crafting-twilight-speculation-and-how-to/#entry1906790

We have a list of items that we think you need to make the weapon. However the most interesting item is the Mystic Clover, we have come to the conclusion that you need 250 Mystic Clovers. The only known way of getting the Mystic Clover is by combining “10 Obsidian Shards + 10 Ectoplasm + 10 Crystals + 10 Mystic Coins”.

HOWEVER it is a random out come which means you have a chance of getting Mystic Clover, when taking into account that it is random and that you need 10 Obsidian Shards it basically takes aproximately 1,5 million, yes 1,5 million karma to get your 250 Mystic Clovers from this random recipe.

In addtion to the 1,5 million karma needed for the 250 Mystic Clovers you also need 525k karma to buy another 250 Obsidian Shards. This makes the total Legendary grind cost you aproximately 2 million karma. Asuming you spend 12 hours a day farming 50k karma it will take you 40 days to get 2 million karma. I have seen rediculous grinds before (Diablo 3 – Paragon lvl 100 comes to mind) but this grind blows everything else out of the water.

I see two options either the recipe costs a lot more than was originally intended or the Mystic Clover has its own recipe too (which of course would have to be much cheaper). So if anyone have any insight on a recipe to make Mystic Clovers in the Mystic forge please share.

I take it you’ve never played eve online then?

Want to know how long it will take before you can effectively fly a titan (PROPERLY fly one)

Here’s the good news! You’re not alone, so don’t worry about facing anyone with it any time soon. Oh? We should all be able to get things right away? Here I was thinking people were already complaining about nothing to do (I’m not one of them)

Silly me.

in Crafting

Allso.5093

On guildwars2guru we are a bunch of players who have been trying to figure out how to make the Legendary weapon Twilight. Here is a link to the thread: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/62812-crafting-twilight-speculation-and-how-to/#entry1906790

We have a list of items that we think you need to make the weapon. However the most interesting item is the Mystic Clover, we have come to the conclusion that you need 250 Mystic Clovers. The only known way of getting the Mystic Clover is by combining “10 Obsidian Shards + 10 Ectoplasm + 10 Crystals + 10 Mystic Coins”.

HOWEVER it is a random out come which means you have a chance of getting Mystic Clover, when taking into account that it is random and that you need 10 Obsidian Shards it basically takes aproximately 1,5 million, yes 1,5 million karma to get your 250 Mystic Clovers from this random recipe.

In addtion to the 1,5 million karma needed for the 250 Mystic Clovers you also need 525k karma to buy another 250 Obsidian Shards. This makes the total Legendary grind cost you aproximately 2 million karma. Asuming you spend 12 hours a day farming 50k karma it will take you 40 days to get 2 million karma. I have seen rediculous grinds before (Diablo 3 – Paragon lvl 100 comes to mind) but this grind blows everything else out of the water.

I see two options either the recipe costs a lot more than was originally intended or the Mystic Clover has its own recipe too (which of course would have to be much cheaper). So if anyone have any insight on a recipe to make Mystic Clovers in the Mystic forge please share.

I take it you’ve never played eve online then?

Want to know how long it will take before you can effectively fly a titan (PROPERLY fly one)

Here’s the good news! You’re not alone, so don’t worry about facing anyone with it any time soon. Oh? We should all be able to get things right away? Here I was thinking people were already complaining about nothing to do (I’m not one of them)

Silly me.

First of all im not complaining im stating that there have to be another recipe or that it must have been changed from the beta. Secondly you are missing the entire point of this thread.

Third if you had read everything in this thread you would know I have infact played EVE online, logging in for 5 minutes a day to set your skill queue and then logging out again is not a grind. Now that we are talking about titans I know exactly how long it takes to fly a titan properly infact I sold my EVE account (with my Avatar pilot) about 10 months ago and got… lets just say a good sum of money from it. Since then I decided to start another account where I currently have 8,5mil SP on my station trading alt and 10mil SP on my hurricane pilot main.

When people are saying that x game has much harder grinds they also seem to forget that these games are not from 2012.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

It sounds to me like you had better go convince your guild mates to craft clovers for you, as long as they aren’t soul bound or account bound. You do know that this is a social game, right? It’s an MMO, not a single player endeavor. Have them make clovers with you until you have enough. It should go much faster that way. Especially with guild karma banners. As if they planned it this way all along.

Yes, the grind would suck, if you had no friends.

in Crafting

Posted by: aRTy.8951

aRTy.8951

the funny thing is, with all the effort you have to put into the legendary weapons, all you get is Aesthetics. I wouldn’t stress too much about it (unless your 1 of those RP players). To add the only reason people really want this so bad (right now) is because no one else has it yet. Who cares about aesthetics, its all about being the “first” to do something. Not sure to feel sorry for you.

Legendary weapons are not only Aesthetics. They are stronger than exotic weapons.

the source? legendary = exotic in terms of stats i think.

Legendary are a different tier of weapons, so until we see one there really is no way to know if they have better stats than exotic or not. If they don’t have, then they are quite the exception, because for everything else in the game, better tier=better stats.

Well, no, it’s been officially stated. For example in this talk (starting with legendaries at about 12:00, important sentences starting at 12:33):
“And legendary weapons, of course, are not any more powerfull than kind of the top level exotic weapons, in fact, each legendary weapon is based of a specific exotic weapon – powerwise – and so they are exactly the same powerwise, but they look a whole lot cooler […] "

And later (~14:00):
“And like we said, there’s no … erm … you won’t get a gameplay advantage out of these things […]”

Also, better tier = better stats is kind of wrong.

PvP weapons used to be red and had the rarity “legendary” (a remnant of that is still visible at the TP, where the rarity filter shows legendary = red). However, PvP weapons were just as powerful as lvl 80 exotic weapons and finaly got changed to orange (probably because of that).

The rarity “legendary” was then used for stuff which has to do with legendary weapons (and for steady weapons in pvp, maybe to mark them as special, don’t know), and got the colour “purple” which was originally used for transmuted gear, which also has no longer an own colour/rarity.

Junk = grey which is also a kind of rarity and does not apply to gear at all, so there is at least one you have to exclude.
Personally, I’d take white (basic) to orange (exotic) as the gear rarity range. For these, your statement is perfectly fine. Junk and legendary should be seen as totally different to that.

(edited by aRTy.8951)

in Crafting

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

as much as I’m glad that legendaries aren’t more powerful than exotics by stats, I think that people have a point when they say the grind seems rather extreme for a cosmetic.

One Idea I had regarding legendaries is that each legendary item should have its own skillset. Similarly to how Trahearne, a necromancer, acquires a legendary sword, and now he uses guardian and mesmer greatsword skills. You can only assume that Caladbolg has its own set of skills that didn’t depend on class. I think that’d be neat, and would make legendaries worth the time to acquire. It’d require classes learning new strategies to effectively use the weapons, and of course, they’d play no role in sPVP.

Of couse when designing the skillsets, you’d need to take thief dual skills into account. I would have to wonder what arenanet could come up with for a thief wielding 2 different legendary daggers vs 2 of the same legendary daggers.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Crafting

Posted by: aRTy.8951

aRTy.8951

Similarly to how Trahearne, a necromancer, acquires a legendary sword, and now he uses guardian and mesmer greatsword skills.

NPCs are stated to be not bound to character classes and such. I think even saying “he is a necromancer” is kind of wrong.

Of couse when designing the skillsets, you’d need to take thief dual skills into account. I would have to wonder what arenanet could come up with for a thief wielding 2 different legendary daggers vs 2 of the same legendary daggers.

Pardon? There is only one legendary dagger. Or are you talking about different attributes?

Apart from that, I don’t think that it would fit the idea and in fact would turn out to be better or worse than the regular skill set, thus being not only cosmetic.
Weapon skills are not balanced in general, they are balanced as a set.

(edited by aRTy.8951)

in Crafting

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

Yeah, I would consider that legendary. I won’t ever get one, but that’s the point, Grinding.

in Crafting

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

as much as I’m glad that legendaries aren’t more powerful than exotics by stats, I think that people have a point when they say the grind seems rather extreme for a cosmetic.

One Idea I had regarding legendaries is that each legendary item should have its own skillset. Similarly to how Trahearne, a necromancer, acquires a legendary sword, and now he uses guardian and mesmer greatsword skills. You can only assume that Caladbolg has its own set of skills that didn’t depend on class. I think that’d be neat, and would make legendaries worth the time to acquire. It’d require classes learning new strategies to effectively use the weapons, and of course, they’d play no role in sPVP.

I think you’re mistaken mmo players. The fact that a group of people have done the math on it shows theres a real intrest in it. MMO fiends love grinding and love legendaries, people will be gunning for these, you can bet on it!

in Crafting

Posted by: Kixx.2730

Kixx.2730

The real issue here is that a lot of people were hoping legendaries would involve some sort of challenge, not just a soul sucking grind.

It’s disappointing they took this route.

in Crafting

Posted by: Delolith.9645

Delolith.9645

The real issue here is that a lot of people were hoping legendaries would involve some sort of challenge, not just a soul sucking grind.

One of the greatest challenges is to be THAT patient dealing with such a huge amount of things needed to craft one. Apart from that what challenge are you talking about that would detract the rest of the 95% of the population if it was just something very very hard. At some point pretty much everyone would be able to do it.

THAT IS NOT THE POINT of the legendaries. They want them to not be able to be completed by everyone/anyone? So you either introduce an insane luck factor….or huge test of patience. This has both

in Crafting

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Actually, the real issue seems to be that many people want either everything given for free or doable in less than a few hours.

in Crafting

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Similarly to how Trahearne, a necromancer, acquires a legendary sword, and now he uses guardian and mesmer greatsword skills.

NPCs are stated to be not bound to character classes and such. I think even saying “he is a necromancer” is kind of wrong.

Pardon? There is only one legendary dagger. Or are you talking about different attributes?

Apart from that, I don’t think that it would fit the idea and in fact would turn out to be better or worse than the regular skill set, thus being not only cosmetic.
Weapon skills are not balanced in general, they are balanced as a set.

Who’s to say they won’t make different legendary daggers in the future. I just think it’d be kind of a crazy mechanic where your legendary weapons can give you different skills.

It would make it more worth the grind if it was something like that, rather than just a skin, without imbalancing things. It would also spice up the endgame. You’ve spent the last 80 levels using the same skills because your skills with weapons stay the same the entire game. Now you get legendary weapons and have new skills to learn.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Crafting

Allso.5093

Okay you need 77 Mystic Clovers which I guess makes sence considering 7 is a lucky number. That means it will take arround 900-1000k karma for the entire legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Too bad Kama is character bound. Makes me sad I wont be able to play different classes for a rather long time because of it

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Deoxius.5964

Deoxius.5964

I just got that fromthe maik Wiki web page :

Legendary weapons are a set of high end weapons that have unique appearances. They are crafted in the Mystic Forge. Each legendary weapon requires four components: two gifts (or a gift and a statue) , a Bloodstone Shard, and a specific exotic weapon.

I guess those Mystic Clovers are used for some of the components that are needed for one of the materials that you need to craft some of the gifts i guess.

in Crafting

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Okay you need 77 Mystic Clovers which I guess makes sence considering 7 is a lucky number. That means it will take arround 900-1000k karma for the entire legendary.

There you go: see? Not nearly as bad.

Good luck!

in Crafting

Posted by: ayoryor.4961

ayoryor.4961

Honestly, it’s just a skin. Plus it’s legendary for a reason o.o
It’s practically only for showing off/bragging rights.
But either ways congrats on finding the number

in Crafting

Posted by: Hohum.8679

Hohum.8679

My first online RPG (and really, THE first online RPG which took off) was Ultima Online. There were no tutorials, no levels, no quests, no safety nets. You were simply thrown into a world which you knew nothing about with, quite literally, the clothes on your back and left to fend for yourself. Your character capped at 700 skills points (gained in increments of 0.1) and it could take YEARS to gain Grandmaster status (100 points) in 7 separate skills. It was a brutal grind-fest at times, but somehow it didn’t matter so much as the goal was the journey itself – very similar to Guild Wars 2.

I think regardless of how well Arenanet have done in moving away from the “classic” MMO model we’ve seen of the last 10 years, grinding is integral and required in some small measure. It often helps instil a little patience and discipline to the player-base, and ensures that people log on regularly keeping servers population numbers healthy. (How many times have you logged on in other games “Just to do dailies/farming/gathering/etc” only to find yourself involved in some other event?)

If something takes a week, a month, 6 months or a year of constant playtime to achieve, but you really want it, then go get it! Try not to look at is as “work” – it’s more opportunity to adventure and see the lands with friends and strangers alike. The grinding will take care of itself with that mentality.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Legendary doesn’t really give a statistical advantage, not going to bother doing it.

Have other games that I can also invest time in (Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, RE6, list goes on).

I’m fine with most of the requirements except for the karma. Holy mother of god that’s a lot of karma.

in Crafting

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

Legendaries are as good as exotic items, they just look a lot cooler. It’s stupid to whine about how a purely cosmetic item takes a long time to get.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Is it just me thinking that “legendary” would imply some legendary deeds (which may take little time) and not some prolonged muppet grinding?

I mean, legendary men and things in RL are so because of what they did not because they were nerds.

in Crafting

Posted by: Exer.5078

Exer.5078

So ? even if it take 6 month what’s the rush ?

+ you are giving some very wrong number. We dont even know if mystic clover is realy used and the quantities.

What’s wrong is that nowadays, people are playing more than one game at the time. At the same time, people feel entitled to the outdated concept of time consuming grinding.

I am not in the clan of “give it to me right now”, but more into keeping touch with reality in terms of grinding. I dislike alienating people into countless hours of farming in an attempt to keep people playing strictly their game, while diversity in gaming is what makes things move forward in this industry.

in Crafting

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

I’ll feel much more legendary standing over the corpse of some d-bag holding a “legendary weapon” with a flamboyant skin than I ever will holding one myself. So hurry up and craft your legendaries and get into WvW.

in Crafting

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

I am ok with this. I think its fine having items that only a few players will ever get. It is not like anyone needs a legendary weapon or that there is nothing else to do end game. In GW1 there were many players that did not get Obsidian armor, and many that did so only after years of playing the game. I played GW1 for years and never got Obsidian because it was too freaking expensive to waste my time on. I did have 7 other rare armors though. I never felt that I missed out.

If getting legendaries was the only thing to do end game, then it would be a problem that it takes this long. If everything end game took this much effort it would also be a problem. But there is plenty of end game content for casual players. The hard core players need something to shoot for too.
I am impressed that you guys figured this out so quickly, but I would not anticipate seeing many players get one of these until the game has been out a year or more.

(edited by bluejay.6739)

in Crafting

Posted by: ZaZaKing.9132

ZaZaKing.9132

All this guy is asking for is if anyone knows how to make something, and you guys go on some crazy grinding circlejerk tangent. It’s early in GW2’s life, can’t we keep the forums decent for at least a few months?

in Crafting

Canoas.8423

What’s wrong is that nowadays, people are playing more than one game at the time. At the same time, people feel entitled to the outdated concept of time consuming grinding.

I am not in the clan of “give it to me right now”, but more into keeping touch with reality in terms of grinding. I dislike alienating people into countless hours of farming in an attempt to keep people playing strictly their game, while diversity in gaming is what makes things move forward in this industry.

The legendaries are purely cosmetic!!!! Seriously, it’s been said countless times so far. It makes as much sense whining that it takes a long grind to get a cosmetic item as whining that an achievement is hard to get.

in Crafting

Canoas.8423

All this guy is asking for is if anyone knows how to make something, and you guys go on some crazy grinding circlejerk tangent. It’s early in GW2’s life, can’t we keep the forums decent for at least a few months?

The OP was asking for the grind of the purely cosmetic legendary items to be nerfed. He said so in his second post.

in Crafting

Posted by: Karpalo.5148

Karpalo.5148

People are not reading the original post.

We are talking about one piece that’s needed to craft one legendary weapon and there are others that are needed. If what the op wrote is true that would be all time grindfest. 480 hours to pure grind, or $4000 in minium wage job.

Sounds so absurd that i don’t think that can be correct. Then again it’s possible that they are meant to be crafted as guild efforts, but i find it unlikely that even single one will ever be made then.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I see no issues with is being so difficult to get that only the truly dedicated will get one

in Crafting

Posted by: Jest.9276

Jest.9276

People are not reading the original post.

We are talking about one piece that’s needed to craft one legendary weapon and there are others that are needed. If what the op wrote is true that would be all time grindfest. 480 hours to pure grind, or $4000 in minium wage job.

Sounds so absurd that i don’t think that can be correct. Then again it’s possible that they are meant to be crafted as guild efforts, but i find it unlikely that even single one will ever be made then.

The OP was written when the mats for that Legendary were being Theorized. The Original Poster has since posted in the thread and revised that it will cost less Mystic Clovers than originally thought, cutting down the timesink considerably.

However.. if I’m reading the Guru thread correctly.. there has also been further steps discovered since then that will require more time/money that wasn’t originally known at the time of the Original Post.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sir Richter Belmont.3258

Sir Richter Belmont.3258

i looked at all the combinations, but is it just me or is there no legandry combo between JC and Tailoring?

funny, i posted this question, but didnt notice all the QQ about making the Legendry weapons, personally i can farm all the mats and make them in less than a week, but as the game is in the early stage as you all know the gold is the down side, and i am a farmer.

on the other side, if you are QQing about the amount of time and grind to make one, like the couple of other people said, you are not worthy of holding one, i seriously hate people that flame and then end up buying the weapon and then Flame and moan about its price (though as i guess its BOA or BOP) which makes it worth it, but we can sell the lower parts and make money out of the poeple that are QQing now ;D

(edited by Sir Richter Belmont.3258)

in Crafting

Posted by: Galactus.2108

Galactus.2108

If it was easy to acquire a Legendary, and we all rushed through the process to get one….then we’d all be complaining about how there is nothing to do.

I’m fine with the process taking weeks, months if need be. Reminds me of that quote, something about the journey and not the destination ?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vonte.9214

Vonte.9214

Interested to see how long it really takes someone to get one.

in Crafting

Posted by: Valkyrie.2678

Valkyrie.2678

Well, the issue is the gaming community, I mean players.

The game gives you a goal which would take months to achieve, yet people are complaining about it. I don’t understand that.

And you should keep in mind that nobody guaranteed you that you’ll have a legendary item. Legendary items are not for everyone but only the dedicated players. Diablo 3’s first inferno level difficulty was the same thing, but Blizzard nerfed it to a funny level and then I’m sure you all know what happened.

There should be some special things in a game, something that will not be achieved by anyone, something that will take a lot effort to achieve.

And there are two of those goals in Guild Wars 2:

1. Cultural armors
2. Legendary Weapons

1. is a lot easier than #2 and that’s why it will be my primary end-game goal. The whole set costs 119g and I currently have only 10g.

TL;DR There are/should be things in a game that not everyone can achieve and Legendary Weapons in Guild Wars 2, are not for eveyone.

in Crafting

Posted by: Total Barrage.3570

Total Barrage.3570

It would be extremely funny if the crafting would take a certain pieces of items which could be only found from Cantha and Elona to finish the recipe, now wouldn’t it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

>Valkyrie

The issue is indeed the players. There are some who feel like they should be entitled to uber weapons because they paid for this game. Some will want the status of having an uber weapon, but is too lazy to make the effort to hunt it, thus QQing that the reqs are too high. Kinda like someone wanting to be a doctor, but doesn’t like school.

Then there are those who try to use the “they said they took away the grind in GW2, yet you have to grind for Legendary Weapons” argument. These people forget than grinding is by choice. So if they feel “forced” to spend months hunting mats for a Legendary Weapon, they can only blame themselves.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Fox.1054

Fox.1054

It’s a legendary. If you don’t want to put in the effort, you don’t deserve it.

Or they could make it skill based, like gold capes in GW1. All this ‘legendary’ weapon shows is that you have too much time on your hands.

in Crafting

Posted by: Serenity.5108

Serenity.5108

im going to get a legendary weapon and it will take me probably well over a year.

and i don’t care.

if i want something i will work hard for it as it should be.

the game is only a grind if you make it one. no one is putting a gun to your head telling you to grind for the weapon that you want. there are plenty of other easily obtainable weapons in the game and the only reason many of you guys want this weapon is because its difficult to obtain. if this weapon was simple you guys would not even be after it and also probably complain of the lack of rare weapons.

i apologize for the lack of caps as my left shift is not working and i am not used to the right one yet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

im going to get a legendary weapon and it will take me probably well over a year.

and i don’t care.

the game is only a grind if you make it one. no one is putting a gun to your head telling you to grind for the weapon that you want. there are plenty of other easily obtainable weapons in the game and the only reason many of you guys want this weapon is because its difficult to obtain. if this weapon was simple you guys would not even be after it and also probably complain of the lack of rare weapons.

i apologize for the lack of caps as my left shift is not working and i am not used to the right one yet.

Agreed, Serenity. I think people miss the point in the design for Legendaries. They are obviously not intended for everyone to get. I believe that’s the reasoning behind them not having much different stats than the exotics, rather they are for the completionists to strive for in the long term.

(edited by Hawken.7932)

in Crafting

Posted by: Fox.1054

Fox.1054

and i don’t care.

The only issue I have with this is that karma and tokens are account bound. I agree with you that when you play for a longer time you do not have to grind, but you DO have to play all that time on a single character, which to me would get boring fast. That bothers me because I prefer to switch around characters now and then to keep the experience fresh.

in Crafting

Posted by: Crake.5827

Crake.5827

to anyone complaining about the grind necessary for a legendary and how anet are supposed to be against that: In guild wars its always been no grind for max level gear (which hasnt changed in gw2), HUGE grind for pretty/prestigious gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: Volatility.6729

Volatility.6729

EQ1 Epic Weapons grind back in the day >>>>>>> anything in GW2. The flipside is that those weapons actually had extremely unique abilities which made them worth to farm (e.g. free rez cast for Clerics, super speed buff for Enchanters). GW2 legendaries seem to be purely cosmetic with a minor improvement over Exos.

Ostrich Burger
The Patryns [TP]

in Crafting

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I see two factions here: Grinders and Casual Gamers.

Personally, I feel grinding is an out of date mechanic, especially in todays current gaming market. I am glad that most games are going towards the casual side. GW2 was supposed to be a casual game. Legendaries are not casual items.

Oh well, I guess us Casual’ers will be punished yet again for not being able to devote the hours required into the game for those specific items. That sucks for me as well since I like to RP some with my characters. I’ll eventually get one, but it’ll be years before I can make one, if I make it that long. By that time, new Ledgendaries will be out from further content expansions, but I guess I can go ahead and exclude those.

Oh and incidently, the beta testers who made the two greatswords said it took them 200 hours for each weapon to make.

-Just my 2 worthless cents.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Crafting

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I have sources that had these weapons on the closed beta.

If it takes four months of 12 hour day grinding, how did they manage that during the BWE’s? I think I’m reading something wrong.

Hoopa doopa.

in Crafting

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

I have sources that had these weapons on the closed beta.

If it takes four months of 12 hour day grinding, how did they manage that during the BWE’s? I think I’m reading something wrong.

The requirements in the Beta (not BWE) were much much lower.

From what I’ve seen, it’s currently about 100 hours of grinding for the karma. After that you need dungeon tokens, WvW tokens, and world completion, and the rest can be purchased with gold.