Make ascended weapons replace Precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Seems reasonable, as its essentially upgrading the ascended to legendary, since people don’t usually carry around using their precursor as actual weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I think we will be getting crafted precursors in the future, so this is a step towards it.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Crafting

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

stupid idea, there would be people walking around with a new legendary every 2 weeks

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

stupid idea, there would be people walking around with a new legendary every 2 weeks

So rich players can buy precursors as often as they want, but requiring something that is time-gated and requires actual play instead would be stupid, right?

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

So rich players can buy precursors as often as they want, but requiring something that is time-gated and requires actual play instead would be stupid, right?

… Yeah? In this case it is stupid, future legendary weapons on the other hand, you may have a point. I hate to say it but he’s right, if precursors where given like that a LOT more people would have them without having to suffer like everyone else who would have EARNED it and this would severely diminish the uniqueness, there for making legendary weapons far less legendary and this would hurt ANet in multiple ways. While I do not like it, right now It’s necessary like eating healthy.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

… Yeah? In this case it is stupid, future legendary weapons on the other hand, you may have a point. I hate to say it but he’s right, if precursors where given like that a LOT more people would have them without having to suffer like everyone else who would have EARNED it and this would severely diminish the uniqueness, there for making legendary weapons far less legendary and this would hurt ANet in multiple ways. While I do not like it, right now It’s necessary like eating healthy.

I’m not agreeing (or disagreeing) with the OP, I’m just saying that koolmutt’s reason for disagreeing doesn’t make sense.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

You say that like the weapons are legendary currently. There is nothing legendary about buying gems and converting them to gold, I had a guild leader that bought gem cards from best buy to get past the $300 a month cap, he literally purchased 5 legendary weapons. Having to earn the mats and craft the precursor is alot more legendary than spending dollars/euros in a cash shop to get one