Master Crafter: Cheap & Easy

in Crafting

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

So the new Master Crafter monthly achievement requires us to craft 40 items of Masterwork quality or higher.
Let’s create a list of what we think would be the cheapest and or easiest items to craft for each of the crafting disciplines: chef, artificer, weaponsmith, armorsmith, huntsman, jeweler, leatherworker and tailor.

This will help those of us who have maxed our disciplines save some time and coin on this portion of the monthly.

(edited by xLiveLucidx.5071)

in Crafting

Posted by: birdiegirl.2463

birdiegirl.2463

a friend said that she crafted just the green insignias and got credit

in Crafting

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Mine was finished in one night while doing a exotic jewelry set…
I didnt realized untill I got the little thing in the corner of the screen…

I think the cheapest way is to just craft jewels..

in Crafting

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Upgrade jewels

in Crafting

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

I am pretty sure you only need to craft 40 items not 100.

in Crafting

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

I am pretty sure you only need to craft 40 items not 100.

Absolutely true! Thanks I’ll edit my OP.

in Crafting

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

You really don’t have to make anything. All you need is to refine Mithril ore into ingots and you are done. It would also work with other ore or planks ect..
So there isn’t a need to use mats for something you don’t need or can’t sell.

in Crafting

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

You really don’t have to make anything. All you need is to refine Mithril ore into ingots and you are done. It would also work with other ore or planks ect..
So there isn’t a need to use mats for something you don’t need or can’t sell.

This is incorrect. The original poster is talking about the monthly achievement, which requires you to craft 40 items at Masterwork (green) level or higher.

I’ve made fairly good progress with jewels as well but I’ve found it cheap to buy bronze plated inscriptions (they’re about 1s20~40 each) and combine with a large green haft and a bronze hammer head. Around 48s for the inscriptions, 45s60c for the bronze hammer heads and 21s60c for the hafts. That’s about 1g15s20c for everything, and then you can sell back your 40 green hammers at 72c each to recuperate some of your costs (28s80c). So in total you’ll spend 86s40c.

If you have a higher level weaponsmithing, then mithril plated dowels are faster. Didn’t check TP for prices but most of us should have stacks of these ores and woods lying around anyway.

Of course, what’s been more cost effective for me was to buy embellished brilliant chrysocola whatevers (the level 375 karma recipe one for jeweller that requires one glob of ecto to make) from the TP, make earrings and salvage. Please don’t craft this yourself as it requires one ecto and 3 jewels but you can buy them straight off the TP for under 15s (ectos alone cost more than 30s each). You can actually break even with this technique if you get enough ectos from salvaging.

But I assume more people have level 50 weaponsmithing than 375 jewellery crafting.

(edited by lcpdragonslayer.7895)

in Crafting

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

The way I did it on my Chef today was I bought 400 Pumpkin pies on the trader for 2-3 copper each. For less than 9 silver total I crafted 40 trays of pumpkin pies.

Note I already happened to have that recipe from the forge, but there are other low level feast recipes that don’t require a large outlay to get the tray/feast recipe of them.

Feast of clam cakes is a level 25 recipe. Clam cakes themselves sell for 2 copper.
so after mystic forging the feast recipe(a one time expense of 6 skill points for 9 crystals and about 1g60s for 6 bottles of Elonian wine and 17 mystic coins which you likely have from finishing dailies exploring regions etc. ) you’d have to only spend 8silver to buy 400 clam cakes. to do that monthly whenever it comes up. and your left with a bunch of trays that give a +10% MF buff to any who eat at it. Quasi useful even

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

(edited by Batdogi.7142)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lunchbox.9543

Lunchbox.9543

Just upgrade your jewels from shards to crystals, and if necessary, crystals to orbs.

“I’m doing good in the game, so I’m doing good in life!”
Charlie

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Batdogi, that’s a really useful tip for anybody who only has Chef as their crafting discipline. +1’d your post for that.

in Crafting

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

As a weaponsmith, I just created plated dowels (master) from whichever tier I had the most unneeded mats from. Just need wood and ingots. Got that monthly done in all of 1 minute xD.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The monthly has also crashed the price of plated dowels for all tiers to ridiculously low levels. XD I was sorely tempted to buy some instead of crafting them for my crafting burst this Tier, but I eventually decided against it as I needed the crafting XP for my characters anyway.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

Mithril dowels.

in Crafting

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

Yeah nice. No monthly for those who don’t care about crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Galactic.6453

Galactic.6453

What is this argumentation. All you have to do is press a few buttons and you get a free monthly and free exp.
It’s like complaining you can’t do dungeons when you don’t care about leveling.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I happened to have two tray recipes that were popular with people in wvw: Trays of Mango Pies, and Feasts of Super Veggie Pizza. I made those, then I celebrated in LA first by dropping feasts to celebrate my first ever MONTHLY reward since I began playing.

Then last night a call went out for help in WvW. (which I like to do, but is too intense for my laid back wandering soul playstyle) so I went and set out trays of mango pie and pizza at our spawn in place.

Just for fun and frolic.

Thank you Arenanet for switching the monthly so I could get at least one this year.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

in Crafting

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

I crafted 40 batches of Ruminant tonics (artificer 200) that require 1 water, 1 pile of radiant dust, 1 slab of red meat and 1 rugged leather section each. I think the recipe is discoverable but am not sure (the wiki doesn’t indicate).

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I used nuggets and silver and made jewels. It cost me 26s to buy the materials, and I made 17s back (after taxes).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Posted by: Meatwad.8245

Meatwad.8245

So the new Master Crafter monthly achievement requires us to craft 40 items of Masterwork quality or higher.
Let’s create a list of what we think would be the cheapest and or easiest items to craft for each of the crafting disciplines: chef, artificer, weaponsmith, armorsmith, huntsman, jeweler, leatherworker and tailor.

This will help those of us who have maxed our disciplines save some time and coin on this portion of the monthly.

Craft Ori plated dowels, just need 192 ori ore, 192 ancient wood, then seel wht you made, I only lost 60 silver, but hey… its now done.

Stealthed Ninja

in Crafting

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I made money by upgrading 80 of my ruby crystals to orbs and dumping them on the TP only minutes after the monthly came out. Ruby orb price is dropping fast now.

in Crafting

Posted by: allindal.8406

allindal.8406

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deldrimor_Ring_Replica

wiki says its a rare, but the ring is masterwork, I’ve made 30 of em and it counts

Blackgate
PVT Elementalist/Warrior/ Guardian

in Crafting

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

What is this argumentation. All you have to do is press a few buttons and you get a free monthly and free exp.

I also need to be of high enough level crafting to make things that qualify for master crafter, which i’m not because i don’t care about crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I used pebbles + copper filigree to make adorned pebbles. They counted

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Crafting

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

Any Jewel plus its matching Filigree is how I did it, I just went through my bank of things I had from daily gather. Took 15 minutes.