Meteorlogicus; What have you done?

in Crafting

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FsjhbHQEzDQ#t=842

Look at when she runs, the weapon no longer does the effect when you swing it or move it. What the hell? Why has the change been implemented.

Im happy to look past the:

-Lack of an aura
-A Night cycle which doesn’t really do much but make it purple and more stormy clouds (which you didn’t even bother to make black, I would like the idea of a night cycle if the thing it turned into actually looked good)
-Recycled footsteps and nothing imaginative.
-The shine being WAAAAYYY to over powering that I can’t see the details of the weapon WHICH WILL SUCK when it turns to an ugly violet colour that has nothing to do with night.

But getting rid of the effect when you move the weapon? Why are you doing this, there is no reason whatsoever. With the improved glow and the improved sun I thought this was going to make the moving effect of the flowing glow 10x better. But you straight up removed it?

Edit

As predicted you removed the trail, its gone and to be honest I would swap it any day for those crappy footsteps we good.

SERIOUSLY these footsteps really suck. They’re like little lightning worms coming out the ground with the black clouds coming in way to late to make it look good.

I thought the glow was suppose to improve not be more dim, I can hardly see the blue anymore.

How do you do an update and make the weapon itself worse. Granted the features are cool but the outcomes flat out suck.

(edited by Hanako.1827)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I hadn’t noticed that. I really love the subtle trail on it. Why get rid of it?

in Crafting

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I’m now 100% sold on crafting Meteorlogicus. So, I guess I disagree. ^^’

| Lithia |

in Crafting

Posted by: warblah.6543

warblah.6543

That footsteps… seriously? did they just took the texture straight from the Super Adventure Box or something?

in Crafting

Hanako.1827

I’m now 100% sold on crafting Meteorlogicus. So, I guess I disagree. ^^’

Yes it looks good now, has a bit more little details than the predecessor, but the sway effect has no reason to be removed.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The footsteps are nice but why did they remove the blue/purple streak effect? I just hope the night time effects is awesome. I know the kraitkin only looks good at night.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

We don’t know for sure if the streak will be removed when the patch goes live. They could still be putting on their finishing touches, or it could be a mistake for all we know, so don’t jump to conclusions.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Crafting

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I feel like they shouldn’t have bothered upgrading the FX for any of the legendaries, because no matter what they do… someone will be upset.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Meteorlogicus still looks poor as hell. They removed the trail omg why?? I loved it very much! I was hoping it will gain MORE effects than just footsteps, like spell effects! For example Dragon tooth which would look like it is dropping from a cloud (silly idea but you know what I mean), better arc lightning effect or something noticeable.. Its still very innoticeable weapon! Look at Dreamer, even blind person can see those ponies everywhere, Twilight huge trails…
kitten , Anet just dont like Meteorlogicus for sure…

Or maybe they will suprise us and wont tell us all the effects they want to add?

#ELEtism

in Crafting

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I got one of those and thought it looked like a paper weight. My character now uses it on her desk in her office.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Annelotte.8105

Annelotte.8105

Meteorlogicus still looks poor as hell. They removed the trail omg why?? I loved it very much! I was hoping it will gain MORE effects than just footsteps, like spell effects! For example Dragon tooth which would look like it is dropping from a cloud (silly idea but you know what I mean), better arc lightning effect or something noticeable.. Its still very innoticeable weapon! Look at Dreamer, even blind person can see those ponies everywhere, Twilight huge trails…

Or maybe they will suprise us and wont tell us all the effects they want to add?

new meteorlogicus RULES

haters gonna hate

LOL.

in Crafting

Hanako.1827

new meteorlogicus RULES

haters gonna hate

LOL.

Yeah I really do hate the weapon I spent 4 months farming for….

in Crafting

Posted by: LiebnirGWAccount.5698

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

Is it just me or does the ornery/pieces that make up the minstrel inside look a lot faster as well?

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]
Trixxie Virtuoso – Mesmer
http://trixxietheasura.tumblr.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

They need to get rid of the footsteps, bring back the trail, and no kittening purple.

in Crafting

Hanako.1827

They need to get rid of the footsteps, bring back the trail, and no kittening purple.

No, they shouldn’t be getting rid of the feature we have practically begged for almost a year.

in Crafting

Posted by: Twiggy Stick.9367

Twiggy Stick.9367

Some of us have been yearning for these changes for nearly a year now. And I have to thank Anet for listening to the public. As the new changes are perfect in every way. For the people complaining about the lightning footsteps don’t match.. Are you kidding. The precursor is called -storm- and it uses 100 charged lodestones to make it. Think before you write. So yes, the footsteps DO match the Meteorlogicus.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Some of us have been yearning for these changes for nearly a year now. And I have to thank Anet for listening to the public. As the new changes are perfect in every way. For the people complaining about the lightning footsteps don’t match.. Are you kidding. The precursor is called -storm- and it uses 100 charged lodestones to make it. Think before you write. So yes, the footsteps DO match the Meteorlogicus.

There is no one saying that lightning footsteps are bad, I actually love that..but remove another effect, the blue purple trail, is such an injustice!:(

#ELEtism

in Crafting

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Well, it should give a serene blue trail in the day and the lightning footfall at night, to go with it’s day/night cycle really.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Crafting

Hanako.1827

There is no one saying that lightning footsteps are bad, I actually love that..but remove another effect, the blue purple trail, is such an injustice!:(

They honestly look like little blue worms coming out the ground….

Well, it should give a serene blue trail in the day and the lightning footfall at night, to go with it’s day/night cycle really.

Yeah we should get half of a generic legendary effect by day and the other by night…
We should have both constantly…

in Crafting

Hanako.1827

aaaaaaannnnnd It’s worse… it now glows half as bright as it use too….

in Crafting

Posted by: Montgomery.1986

Montgomery.1986

How could this be anything but a rush job?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mike.2350

Mike.2350

So excited, then so upset.
Give my afterimage back!!!!!!!!
Really love that

in Crafting

Hanako.1827

its weird, sometimes when the weapons sheathed and I waypoint it mixes the two colours THEN I get the trail. The effect is still there anet FIX IT.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mike.2350

Mike.2350

It doesnt have any effect when not in combat at morning!
Fix it!

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Yes Anet, currently the Logicus is bugged. When in the day-time transformation, its effect is only existent when out but not while stowed unlike the night-time transformation, it still keeps the effects while stowed. Also, during the transition period between day and night the Logicus’s old trail of light that we all loved returns but eventually disappears after full transition.
Hopefully you can go back and fix the effects staying during daylight and keeping the blue trail at day and purple by night (and of course maintaining that blue-ish/purple at transition period). Other than these occurrences, the updated Meteorlogicus is gorgeous. The footsteps are splendid and the night-time version is stunning. An absolute superb job guys.
Cheers.
-Lyxr

Säïnt

in Crafting

Posted by: Greenman.1895

Greenman.1895

I completely agree with SaintSow. Great job Anet, once the minor bugs are fixed and we have our trail back I think the legend will be completely finished and stunning!

in Crafting

Posted by: Twiggy Stick.9367

Twiggy Stick.9367

I must give a +1 to these folk. And a +1 to the outstanding work Anet have done to please.. Most of us. I thank-you Anet. And as Greenman stated- After the small bugs the weapon will be complete in all its glory.

in Crafting

Hanako.1827

Yeah thanks for very lazy designs….

I mean come on the didnt even make the hilt glow purple. If you’re going to do a bad colour scheme for night time. Do it right.

in Crafting

Hamartia.3421

I sure do hate the purple. +1

in Crafting

Posted by: Gabriel.6957

Gabriel.6957

The trail is only visible when you first enter a zone during night time. It disappears when at day time or when the weapon is wielded. The weapon is a different color when the trail is active as well. (Which is probably the intended color of the weapon and not the purple shade we see now)

Please fix.

in Crafting

Posted by: Caitlin.8465

Caitlin.8465

I think the new effects are lovely. People are so picky. I’d rather have the new footsteps than none at all. The purple doesn’t bother me that much. It would be better if the bottom part of the handle was also purple, seems like they were a little sloppy there, but it still doesn’t make me dislike it. It’s still very cool that it changes from night to day. The only other legendary that has such an effect is Eternity, and remember people, that is two legendaries combined. I think they went above and beyond with that idea for Meteorlogicus and I applaud them. All the added details, in my opinion, were a much needed addition to a previously lacking legendary.

However, the new lack of glow when stowed during the day and the disappearing trail is not cool. I can’t imagine it’s intentional, considering it glows when stowed at night and the trail effect still exists but only during day to night transitioning. But I wonder if they’re going to ignore the errors and not bother putting in the effort to fix them. With those two things fixed, I’ll make this scepter in 10 minutes.

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

While you’re at it ArenaNet, and since the amulet with that name is now gone from the game as we knew it, rename all “legendaries” to the Shiniest Shiny.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I’d swear there was another thread (with dev response) about the new Meteorlogicus. I was reading it just this morning. However, I can’t find it (deleted by moderator, perhaps?), so I’m dredging up this one.

I finally managed to craft my Meteorlogicus today. Been working towards this since release (nearly 1 year of work, maybe a little less since I didn’t know about legendaries for a little while). I was so happy to pull the thing out of the forge… then I equipped it and was still happy… then I took a step. Not so happy anymore. The lightning footfalls just look terrible.

I knew this going in, I guess, since patch came out a week ago… but I already had Gift of Weather and precursor, so basically past the point of no return. Figured I might as well finish it. Point is, I spent this year crafting this weapon because I loved its skin. I still do. But the love for the skin is completely overwhelmed by the constant annoying lightning footfalls. The cloud part of the footfall is pretty good, but the lightning is awful. I think what makes it so awful is that while the other legendaries have sort of a “Random spatter” effect on their footfalls, each and every lightning footfall looks exactly the same and falls in the same exact place behind me.

I don’t know. This has been said by others. Just wanted to express my disappointment. Those footfalls are going to be a constant annoyance anytime I play. Will probably keep my non-legendary staff out while walking around just to avoid them…

I don’t mind the other changes. The night cycle thing is pretty cool. But please, for the love of god, either remove these footfalls or improve them. They are ruining this whole otherwise beautiful weapon for me.

in Crafting

Hamartia.3421

I’d swear there was another thread (with dev response) about the new Meteorlogicus. I was reading it just this morning. However, I can’t find it (deleted by moderator, perhaps?), so I’m dredging up this one.

I finally managed to craft my Meteorlogicus today. Been working towards this since release (nearly 1 year of work, maybe a little less since I didn’t know about legendaries for a little while). I was so happy to pull the thing out of the forge… then I equipped it and was still happy… then I took a step. Not so happy anymore. The lightning footfalls just look terrible.

I knew this going in, I guess, since patch came out a week ago… but I already had Gift of Weather and precursor, so basically past the point of no return. Figured I might as well finish it. Point is, I spent this year crafting this weapon because I loved its skin. I still do. But the love for the skin is completely overwhelmed by the constant annoying lightning footfalls. The cloud part of the footfall is pretty good, but the lightning is awful. I think what makes it so awful is that while the other legendaries have sort of a “Random spatter” effect on their footfalls, each and every lightning footfall looks exactly the same and falls in the same exact place behind me.

I don’t know. This has been said by others. Just wanted to express my disappointment. Those footfalls are going to be a constant annoyance anytime I play. Will probably keep my non-legendary staff out while walking around just to avoid them…

I don’t mind the other changes. The night cycle thing is pretty cool. But please, for the love of god, either remove these footfalls or improve them. They are ruining this whole otherwise beautiful weapon for me.

Yup, visual footfalls that appear in the players camera are annoying and horrible.