More craftable back items!

in Crafting

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

As suggestions sub-forum is apparently moved to archives, I’ll just post this here.

At the moment the only back item skin I enjoy aesthetically is Rox’s quiver and sadly I only bought one of them. As we got two new ascended back items we can craft ourselves in the Wintersday patch, why not add more cool looking ascended back items to the list? Basic idea here being that all of the crafting professions would get different types of back items.

In addition we could have several versions of the same item with different color variations, hopefully with stats we could pick up so we wouldn’t need to craft that cool black colored quiver with magi stats to transmute to some pink flowery-one with zerker stats. At the moment if you want a quiver, you gotta go with the brown color.

Some examples:
Leatherworker - quivers
Weaponsmith - blades/similar stuff what Anton has in GW1.
Artificer - totems similar to the Shadow of Grenth, maybe some backpacks filled with potion bottles
Tailor - more quaggan/charr/any other backpacks?
Armorsmith could have some kind of shields, but I’m pretty sure these would clip with every single thing in the game.

Any other ideas? Also sorry if someone had made a similar thread, but you know how the forum search works.

in Crafting

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Tailors could make banners. Banners that actually look like banners not lottery tickets straped to back.

Alas, all that requires work to be made, and since its mostly for cosmetical purpouses I sincerely doubt they would give it for free. For free you can get crappy wings that makes no sense beeing on characthers…

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Iam pretty sure that we will see more craftable back items in the future. The last too are quite popular and as you mentioned, they are a great way of introducing mat sinks for all professions.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I fully expect to see backpieces inspired by the other 4 Gods to come in future years.

in Crafting

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

We also need craftable exotic back pieces… And a backpiece search option on the trading post.

in Crafting

Ibbuli.4027

We also need craftable exotic back pieces… And a backpiece search option on the trading post.

I agree with this 100%… and also why the back items generally costs like three or four times more than the other trinkets? Usually you’ll pay at least 100g for ascended one anyways.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Rarity. Until recently, you couldn’t craft them. You only received them as rare dungeon drops, or bought the best ones soulbound from one of the temples. Other trinkets are readily craftable to most any level you need, or can be bought from most heart merchants.

Also, back items can affect your appearance. Other trinkets do not.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I fully expect to see backpieces inspired by the other 4 Gods to come in future years.

There’s already an item code floating around for a Balthazar back item, in fact.

in Crafting

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

yes, balth back is/was in the game (removed quite fast from the pvp locker) so 3 other gods incoming (kormir isnt a god, shes just a crowned thief who cant keep her own realm under control)

Quivers yes… outside of ascended mystic forge ones… BUT more like rox’s quiver (something i might be proud to wear into battle), less like legolas (elves..need i say more?)
Anton’s blades /hungry
OOOHHH idea of the ages: since i doubt old meta stuff will be put back in for reaquisition during their proper event… the meta award should be a craftable skin item (starting with all the ones that already passed and didnt/wont come back)

How about a cape? or a cloak?
The item slot need not be an actual “back item” because how about a utility belt/ruck sack?
Moar wings…sans the flapping (hate to go here, but think victoria’s secret commercials)…or for something realistic, there were armored cavalry units who wore feathered back pieces “wings” of sorts just not nearly so fancy.
More shiney things like the fractal back, but not the fractal back…
Unit markers… the guild back pieces are OK, but real ones basically sat on short flag poles so the guy on the hill could actually see where which unit was ;P
Different colors of things that already exist (or just dye channels would be great)
more backpacks (but less so weighted at the bottom…engi universal kit is close…size them correctly for norn females plz)
There are NPCs around LA near the PvP portals wearing what looks kinda like a messenger back (man purse) slung over their shoulder, wtb this
Why have an item at all? make it an equipable aura Oo

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

scabbards would be really nice for warriors. something to hide their sword behind when not in use.

#ELEtism

(edited by Chaotic Storm.2815)

in Crafting

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

OTHER RACES!

Enough of the gods. Charr need no gods!
And what about Norn spirit totems? All good options… Just not more human! Enough already. Other races play as well.

in Crafting

Ibbuli.4027

scabbards would be really nice for warriors. something to hide their sword behind when not in use.

I’d guess the problem with those is the kazillion different blade types of weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I’m waiting for half-shoulder capes in renaissance style… Dye-able.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Crafting

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Chinese GW2 version has many backpack and awesome new items…
Its a CRIME if AN won’t share it with the loyal EU/US playerbase…
GemStore, okay… but its way past the time where we should just learn to craft them.
or Unlocking the purchases as Zenith skins…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”