Need advise on profitable crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Senticon.3452

Senticon.3452

Recently I looked over my characters and noticed that I have every profession to 400 (2 up to 450) and I’m really dying for gold, eventually to up rest of my professions to 500. Now, just to think of it, why would I have it all to 400 if I don’t even using crafting in this game? And I did a little math, conclusion of which wasn’t really what I expected. It appears that most of the stuff is rather cheaper to buy via Trading Post than crafting it yourself…

And I wonder, there are millions of possible crafting combinations and I really should have overlooked something. Are there any possible recipes that actually may provide some bang-for-a-buck? I’m really tired and bored of farming CoF and running boss trains, I enjoy crafting, but if it won’t give any profit than it’s useless.

I would really appreciate if someone would share some profitable crafting recipes, something that sells good on TP and gives precious gold that I need so much right now.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Sure. It takes about 10 gold worth of materials to craft a bolt of damask. They sell for 13 gold. That’s roughly 3 gold per day give or take. You can do the same thing for the other ascended materials.

in Crafting

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

You’re basically going for two extremes. Crafting high end stuff for low volume, high margin per unit, or low end stuff for high volume, low margin per unit.

Exotic jewelry still goes for a decent price. Ruby ori ones go for about 4-5G a piece though you’ll probably have to expect ppl undercutting you at some point. So these tend to take time to sell.

At the other end of the spectrum is producing bulk quantities of stuff at the lower levels. Masterwork stuff suitable for lvl 20s. That sort of thing.

Certain foods are also very profitable. Recipes that are very high in demand for Tier 1 WVW go for good prices. From what I’ve read, lemongrass poultry is VERY high in demand and by extension lemongrass is high in demand also.

Magic find foods aren’t quite as valuable as they used to be but may still be worth crafting. Power boosting foods are also going for decent price per unit. Maintenance oils, Sharpening stones and Tuning crystals are VERY good profit as these require relatively low quantities of materials with fairly high output. Each crafting gives 5 units. Keep in mind, these are profit through volume.

Keep an eye on sigils and runes that you can craft. I made 5 superior sigils of momentum which got me 19g of net profit, since I had the materials and didn’t need to buy off the TP.

It’s well worth keeping an eye on prices of materials vs. prices of crafted items that require those materials.

T5 materials are going for decent prices as well. A stack of t5 mats will net you about 5g so up-converting t1-4 materials towards t5 can be a way to clear some of the stockpiles.

in Crafting

Posted by: Senticon.3452

Senticon.3452

Thanks for info, that is really helpfull.

On the note, I have to save up higher tier mats for upgrading rest of my professions to 500, despite this is very good profit, so I’ll have to go for lower tiers. My bank is full of T1-3 mats of all kinds which I haven’t any use for anyway, but if I go for profit through volume I’ll run out of those pretty fast, so I basically looking for buying off TP mats – selling crafted stuff profit.

Anyway, thanks again, I’ll look into it.

If anyone have something to add, feel free.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I would estimate about half of everything that can be crafted can be sold for a profit. It’s mostly the harder-to-make and more popular things that are profitable:
ascended materials is the first to come to mind as almost-always profitable
a lot of components are profitable (people buy them to level their craft easier)
a lot of consumables are profitable (especially ones that require a recipe that is no longer obtainable, or costs a lot)
there are lots of profitable items. check http://www.gw2spidy.com/crafting/3 (there’s a different page for each craft)

in Crafting

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

If you have not crafted every rare T5 item your crafters can make, that will get you a bit of crafting xp and at least break even if not make a profit, I have not checked all those prices recently, so that info might be out of date, but it worked for me.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Thanks for info, that is really helpfull.

On the note, I have to save up higher tier mats for upgrading rest of my professions to 500, despite this is very good profit, so I’ll have to go for lower tiers. My bank is full of T1-3 mats of all kinds which I haven’t any use for anyway, but if I go for profit through volume I’ll run out of those pretty fast, so I basically looking for buying off TP mats – selling crafted stuff profit.

Anyway, thanks again, I’ll look into it.

If anyone have something to add, feel free.

You can use the mystic forge and some dust to promote those materials to a higher tier, if you cant use them.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Material_Promotion

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast