New legendaries and gift of exploration.

in Crafting

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

It appears that new legendaries will make it appearance, maybe end of this year, or likely next year. Assuming the new legendaries will still require gift of exploration, For folks that have spent their gift of explorations, certainly that’s out of questions unless they reroll JUST to re-explore the world. Certainly that’s not something we all looking forward to do. Would be nice if Anet can make an alternative for the gift of exploration. Be it as difficult or time consuming, I just don’t wana go through the entire process of wandering around the map again.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jerry.1893

Jerry.1893

Where did you get this info?

Edit: nvm it says on the wiki.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I will have 10 Gifts of Exploration by next year (if the Living Story doesn’t put me on hold again). I would welcome a change where ANet lets me sell these Gifts to people who don’t want to map.

in Crafting

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

What anet should do with new legendaries, to avoid making people feel that their current legendaries might be stale in comparison, is to provide recipes that use an old legendary to craft a new one. There are so few legendaries now that if you want/use a specific weapon, your options are really limited (i.e a scepter using Necro has no choice other than Meteorlogicus, a very un-necro weapon). So Anet could do something like this:

Series 1 Legendary (must be same weapon type as output) + Series 2 Precursor + Gift of Series 2 Legendary = Series 2 Legendary

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

do you think that the new legendaries will have the same recipe of this one?

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Well I can see the new legendary weapons using the same formula, but what if the next legendaries are not weapons? If it is legendary armor or a trinket it should not use the same formula since some players only have one character. I can understand using gift of x, precursor, and gift of fortune but not another gift of mastery for people without alts.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It’s already been confirmed that we will get new legendary weapons as well as a legendary trinket. The weapons will probably follow the same basic formula, but it is anything goes for the trinket.

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

I will have 10 Gifts of Exploration by next year (if the Living Story doesn’t put me on hold again). I would welcome a change where ANet lets me sell these Gifts to people who don’t want to map.

And that is why people buy and pay for legendaries. Most just dont have to drive/will to map complete again so they just buy it or pay a trusted source to make it for them.

I also commend you Zax, having 10 of them soon, you are dedicated.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

where i please have the link of where it says that there’s gona be new legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Well their were videos of Dev talking about putting in new legendaries think it was a PAX video. They have not said what type or what effect the new legendaries will have. Since most legendary weapons have aura and footstep.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

And that is why people buy and pay for legendaries. Most just dont have to drive/will to map complete again so they just buy it or pay a trusted source to make it for them.

I also commend you Zax, having 10 of them soon, you are dedicated.

Heh, thanks, but I’m far from the most dedicated guy out there. One player on these forums had a screenshot with 16 Gifts of Exploration!

in Crafting

Posted by: Dasroth.9236

Dasroth.9236

Hey I’d love to see it where you could take your series 1 legendary ex. The Dreamer and the same short bow equivalent in a series 2 legendary and combine them much like you do for eternity to get a Bran new version that has the best of both world plus a few new shiny features.

in Crafting

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Put the new legendary as skin for old legendary at black lion for gems = profits.

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Legendaries are supposed to show some kind of accomplishment assuming you didn’t buy it outright. I think two crafted legendaries per character with map completion is completely fair. The WvW part is a joke at 500 badges. Most of the work is gold/material accumulation so a relatively little exploration is not that big a deal with the only truly hard part being WvW exploration based on what server your on.

in Crafting

Posted by: yurdun.2501

yurdun.2501

I think every new legendary should use the current legendary as a precursor to them, that way no one can get them without first making the current one, this also shows progress to people as your working your way up. And it doesn’t ruin it for people that have already made one. And they can give them a new name like Eternal Legendary and finally give it some higher stats than the ascended pieces… :-)

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I think that the only thing new about the new Legendaries should be their skins. I don’t think old Legendaries should somehow be devalued or turned into crafting components for new ones. The only issues I have with the current Legendaries is the RNG for precursors and the limited selection of skins. There is no good Legendary for say a necro or dark themed character. How many people really want to shoot unicorns? Finally the imbalance of difficulty for the dungeon tokens to get the gifts is not very fair. Arah is just a bit to difficult compared with the other dungeons where people farm them daily.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

They haven’t said anything about new legendary weapons beyond “we plan to add more in the future”.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

How many people really want to shoot unicorns? Finally the imbalance of difficulty for the dungeon tokens to get the gifts is not very fair. Arah is just a bit to difficult compared with the other dungeons where people farm them daily.

I’d shoot ponies all day on my mesmer if shortbow is ever added to their weapon set :P

To be fair, you only need to run 9 dungeon paths to get enough tokens, even if you only do path 2 of arah (the shortest path and can be solo’d) it’s just 9 days.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Crafting

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

They haven’t said anything about new legendary weapons beyond “we plan to add more in the future”.

while the following doesn’t confirm or deny anything, in a beta build that guilds were invited to test out the new wvw map, the following was found. It has a purple name (can be seen in the lower left of the image) with the name TEST RAVEN STAFF DO NOT USE

Attachments:

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.