Oh my, new back item skin gripe.

in Crafting

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

The blades are a nice touch, but setting them so far away from the character’s actual back in that demi-jetpack item makes the whole skin a bit clunkly if you arent some charr, asura or one of those gorrila…err, norn males.

Fix, flatten that thing the blades are attached to so their actual point of origin is closer to the character…or just scoot them closer in and leave the… whatever that is to which they are attached.

Maybe clean up the rust a little, I hate rusty gear… Your gunny would be highly displeased. Drop and give him 20 just because.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The rust comes off when you make it ascended.

in Crafting

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

The rust comes off when you make it ascended.

I item previewed the ascended versions, they didn’t look shiny and polished… Rust, tarnish, they both smash the look.

Extra example? NPC version of CM heavy armor versus player bought version of CM heavy armor… npc’s didn’t grab their armor off a dead guy, and definitely polish the rust/tarnish off it before stepping into public. Just asking for the same type of finish you would find on the blades of someone who takes care of their gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Has said ‘gorilla’ norn male as a main. Backpiece suits it very well, not spaced out from it, almost like the blades were made for him.

Don’t worry about the rust on the blades too much, according to the dulfy site, an upcoming patch is touted to have coloured (dynamic, static and synergetic) versions of each of these.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

It actually looks fine on my dainty human female warrior… but I like the jet pack thing.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

IMO they all look fugly but being able to pass them around for alts and select stats is enough of a reason to make a couple for future-proofing.

Does anyone know if skinning them soulbinds them?

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

IMO they all look fugly but being able to pass them around for alts and select stats is enough of a reason to make a couple for future-proofing.

As long as the stat item doesn’t become soulbound skinning should not change that. That is the reason people can use transmutation to move soulbound items to different characters.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

As long as the stat item doesn’t become soulbound skinning should not change that. That is the reason people can use transmutation to move soulbound items to different characters.

But you cant upgrade the backpiece in the mf anymore once you transmuted it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

I’ve been wondering about the validity of that. I need an easy/cheap back item with a skin to test though.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I’ve been wondering about the validity of that. I need an easy/cheap back item with a skin to test though.

Its stated in the tooltip of either the back piece itself or the blueprint.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Tested using the engineer starter backpack.
The claims on the tooltip are basically false. The MF still works exactly the same as how it has always worked. As long as you have the right stat item it will continue to work the same as an untransmuted item. That is easier to see if you know how the chat codes work.

Universal Multipack Tool skin on Spinal Blade Pack stat is functionally equivalent to an untransmuted Spinal Blade Pack. The resulting item remains account bound as well so this is an alternative to getting the white back strap item from the backpack covers if you want to transfer some soulbound back item skins between characters.

The tooltip doesn’t have this much detail since it lacks the space and just saying it won’t work is less likely to result in mishaps.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Its stated in the tooltip of either the back piece itself or the blueprint.

I mentioned this above but I’ll expand a tiny bit. They probably did that because people might try to use make the Spinal Blade as a skin while a different item gets used as the stat(this would be the opposite of what the Solo wants since “they all look fugly”). In that case the tooltip would be correct.

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Thanks for doing the legwork Khisanth.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Good to know, Khisanth!