Orichalcum and Ancient wood nodes help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Q:

How often or when do Orichalcum and Ancient node location changes?

How often do Orichalcum and Ancient nodes respawn?

I have have gotten so many different answers from people and the wiki I don’t know what is right. From my own observation it seems they change locations randomly and they respawn randomly.

I need a straight answer from someone who ACTUALLY KNOWS.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Location changes once a week. Respawn time is 24 hours.

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Phoenixfudge.5290

Location changes once a week. Respawn time is 24 hours.

Once a week? Which day?

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

At server reset. Usually tuesday on patch time.

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Phoenixfudge.5290

I have heard this answer a lot but it isn’t true. The node locations change way more often than that.

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

At server reset. Usually tuesday on patch time.

This. And every time something gets fixed and the game is restarted. Fixing things is more common right after a big patch than on the second week.

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

I have heard this answer a lot but it isn’t true. The node locations change way more often than that.

That’s because usually their servers need to be reset more than once per week for bug fixes, etc.

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I harvest ori and ancient wood in Frostgorge almost every day. What I’ve found is, 1) if the game has an update, no matter how small, then the node sites change 2) the nodes normally are harvestable at reset unless 3) you harvested them close to reset, within a few hours. In that case they will be harvestable some time after reset. How long I don’t know. It may depend on how close to reset time you harvested them.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Any new build changes all node locations. Nodes will also change locations if a map is completely empty of players. Nodes respawn in six hours or at daily reset, whichever is longer.

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

Any new build changes all node locations. Nodes will also change locations if a map is completely empty of players. Nodes respawn in six hours or at daily reset, whichever is longer.

That’s new info for me. Do you have a source?

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Posted by: daimonos.9831

daimonos.9831

Some maps seem to change more frequently than others. For example, wood and ori in Cursed Shore and Malchors Leap stays in place for the full week. In Frostgorge they change much more frequently. Similarly, herbs in Straits of Devastation seem to change more than once a day.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“Nodes will also change locations if a map is completely empty of players. "

Which is probably why Southsun changes almost every day.

in Crafting

Posted by: lmcvann.4781

lmcvann.4781

try this its updated when nodes change per server, only ever found a few wrong and I do them everyday with all my chars

http://gw2nodes.com/index.php

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Not on Desolation and not in any of the maps mentioned in this thread either. The only map that has nodes moving frequently is Mount Maelstrom. Very very rarely, Malchor’s Leap but that was back when people reported that the zone was crashing on their server.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Some maps seem to change more frequently than others. For example, wood and ori in Cursed Shore and Malchors Leap stays in place for the full week. In Frostgorge they change much more frequently. Similarly, herbs in Straits of Devastation seem to change more than once a day.

I farm Frostgorge every day starting since about 3 months ago and I’ve never seen them change sites without an update happening first.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Every time there is an update, they respawn but with the locations changed. Otherwise, they respawn, I believe at server reset (5pm pacific time).

in Crafting

Phoenixfudge.5290

This makes sense. I was perplexed yesterday while mining ori and ancient in southsun on my ranger right after mining on my thief. The locations had changed! There was no new build and it was after daily reset time.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

That’s new info for me. Do you have a source?

Experience. Take it for what it is. I believe there’s some kind of timer that clears maps that are empty. Think of abandoned overflows. Overflows are created on the fly when needed and disappear when emptied. The bit on how overflows work was stated way back when the game launched and every map had several. The bit mentioned by others of map crashes are similar – the map reboots thus causing new node locations.

It’s smart server management even if it annoys the crap out of me. I’ve been gathering four characters for year now. Karka Queen and farm nerfs killed Southsun. Now I skip it on my daily runs due to it not being worth the effort to re-find the nodes every time.

in Crafting

Posted by: Thrash Wolf.7892

Thrash Wolf.7892

Snip

- the map reboots thus causing new node locations.

It’s smart server management even if it annoys the crap out of me. I’ve been gathering four characters for year now. Karka Queen and farm nerfs killed Southsun. Now I skip it on my daily runs due to it not being worth the effort to re-find the nodes every time.

…Interesting. The maps only existing when needed is not something I had thought of – makes sense though. Thanks for the info.

The amount of times we have had an update while I’m doing my T6-dash has been driving me up the wall lately but it might be helpful to know that gw2nodes resets automatically after the patch (or so it seems to me), so if you refresh the page just before you visit a zone it is pretty likely that it’s accurate.

For ages I couldn’t be bothered with southsun either but since after the ascended related price increases I tried it again and I am finding it to be the most efficient and fun part of the run. I port into the southwest and the wide area just outside going up to the pools, usually has 4-7 nodes in easy reach. If you get your sprint on, load up whatever tools your class has to deal with karka tomfoolery and are a little bit lucky you can get around a gold in about 5 minutes sometimes.

Straight outta Hoelbrak
Desolation

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

Yeah it does make sense to unload maps that are not used. I can believe that. Never go to Southsun to harvest so I haven’t noticed.

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Nodes change spawning location whenever the map is restarted. Some people claim this only happens when Arenanet manually resets a map. Others claim it happens when a map is completly empty.

There is no proof, but given the fact that I hardly ever see cursed shores reset but that southsun resets almost every other day, combined with the fact that I don’t hear reports of all players kicked from a map without a reason, I personally believe it happens cause a map is completly empty.

Bottom line is that nodes ALWAYS spawn at different locations when there is a new build for the game, and besides that they can randomly change in between builds. So no solid prediction here.

As for the respawn time. The wiki is saying they respawn 23 hours after the last time you mined them. However the talk page has discussion bout this and the last conclusion there is that more research is needed to test this.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

If you have been salvaging all your blues and greens for luck, you’ll find you have a pretty nice influx of ori and ancient wood. Honestly I think I get more from salvages than actually farming nodes.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

The map re-setting when empty thing never occurred to me, but makes sense.

I have harvested a lot of ori and ancient since my first lvl 80 back last Oct. I followed the node re-sets and location changes for a long time.

On my server, the ‘odd’ map has always been Malchor’s Leap. I would find the node locations had shifted for no apparent reason, while Frostgorge and Cursed Shore were where they should be.

Baffled me to no end why this was happening, but if map ‘disappearing’ when empty and then re-appearing would explain the nodes shifting around like mad fools.

EDIT: Just to add I noticed the shifting nodes thing in SoD as well …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)