PrIcy Runestones, an outdated item?

in Crafting

Posted by: Deanius.5271

Deanius.5271

IMO they contribute nothing but more cost for a legendary. Arenanet if you wanted to include this just add a “recipe of X” for 100g. Instead, i think a token dropped by each of the world bosses (maybe a 1/3 or 1/5 chance) would be a far more rewarding and hey, even fun, approach.

Not only would this remove the “grind dungeons for gold” part of the legendary, it would also drop the prices of precursors as more players turned up to fight the dragons.

Thanks for reading let me know what you think

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

It’s a big gold sink. They need a lot of gold sinks else prices will just keep going up and up.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Anybody who has crafted one or several legendaries will confirm, that it is pretty annoying to doubleclick those icies 100 times. Please implement a “mass refine” function or sth like that.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Anybody who has crafted one or several legendaries will confirm, that it is pretty annoying to doubleclick those icies 100 times. Please implement a “mass refine” function or sth like that.

My razor has a macro on it that is nothing but for double clicking, used for these and salvaging lmao.

in Crafting

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

What this guy said. We NEED “Consume all”, “buy X amount” and "Salvage all [item quality <= X] buttons or menu items..

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

It would actually make precursors cost more, because people will have more spending money and are thus willing to pay more for a precursor.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Personally i think they should leave em in. This game really has no system to remove gold from the economy other that this and repairing broken gear but thats such a small amount. Thus why the economy in this game is so freakin out of whack.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Iehova.9518

What they should’ve done is have a single Icy Runestone cost 100g and have only one of it needed for gift of legendary.

in Crafting

Zumy.6318

What they should’ve done is have a single Icy Runestone cost 100g and have only one of it needed for gift of legendary.

Actually it feels good buying them from time to time to have a progression in your bank.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: KansasFF.9410

KansasFF.9410

Personally i think they should leave em in. This game really has no system to remove gold from the economy other that this and repairing broken gear but thats such a small amount. Thus why the economy in this game is so freakin out of whack.

What? How about 15% on every TP transaction, waypointing, mystic forge…… plenty of gold sinks.

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

What? How about 15% on every TP transaction, waypointing, mystic forge…… plenty of gold sinks.

Probably not enough. and MF is an item sink, not necessarily a gold sink. You really want alot of gold leaving the market for the amount of gold that are going in, else, as I’ve said before, prices will just keep on increasing.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Even the runestones are a problem now?

God you people literally touched every subject on the legendary already.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Iehova.9518

Actually it feels good buying them from time to time to have a progression in your bank.

What’s the point in that? I don’t get it. Isn’t counting every 1/64th of your legendary progress enough?

in Crafting

Zumy.6318

What’s the point in that? I don’t get it. Isn’t counting every 1/64th of your legendary progress enough?

I dont force you to agree with me, buddy.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Crafting

Iehova.9518

I just don’t understand your point of view, friend.

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Upgrading in WvWvW is one big gold sink. People who prefer to play WvWvW will never have Legendary weapons. But they won’t care, either.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Let’s see if I can explain it better.

I had to put a ton of work into getting up to 30 gold (which mostly got spent on equipping myself with the runes and weapon types/stats I wanted). Asking me to save up 100 gold feels like a task I will never see the end of.

However, I’ve been buying icy runestones in groups of 5 and keeping them in my bank. It feels a lot more manageable to do so as I feel like I am making real, measurable progress. I know that I am putting in no less work (and probably some extra due to waypoint costs), but it feels far more manageable this way. I refuse to play the trading post, so that much money is a lot of work.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

So does banking a gold here a gold there. Same thing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

+1 can we make the icey’s more expensive and require less quantity?

who decided to make us click buy and then OK 100 times?

If you did it so the people can do it slowly, can u make it 10g each and have us buy 10x?

100x clicking is no joke…. i have done it… i wouldn’t want anyone else to sit there like i did.

(well i lie, i would want all of u guys to really suffer but thats my S side speaking out.)

in Crafting

Svarty.8019

If you did it so the people can do it slowly, can u make it 10g each and have us buy 10x?

100x clicking is no joke…. i have done it… i wouldn’t want anyone else to sit there like i did.

(well i lie, i would want all of u guys to really suffer but thats my S side speaking out.)

NO! Clicking is part of the legendary process and not as much of a chore as accumulating the 100g.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Crafting

Posted by: Escher.5342

Escher.5342

NO! Clicking is part of the legendary process and not as much of a chore as accumulating the 100g.

Gift of Clicking

in Crafting

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I had to put a ton of work into getting up to 30 gold (which mostly got spent on equipping myself with the runes and weapon types/stats I wanted). Asking me to save up 100 gold feels like a task I will never see the end of.

However, I’ve been buying icy runestones in groups of 5 and keeping them in my bank. It feels a lot more manageable to do so as I feel like I am making real, measurable progress. I know that I am putting in no less work (and probably some extra due to waypoint costs), but it feels far more manageable this way. I refuse to play the trading post, so that much money is a lot of work.

If you feel like 100g is something you’ll never see the end of I don’t know how you think you’re going to get a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: viespeadivina.7961

viespeadivina.7961

This is a general flaw in this game, when you wanna buy multiple items, you have to click like a maniac. Ash legion kits are one example , consumable, fruits, etc. They need to add and amount button like they did in crafting.

in Crafting

Iehova.9518

Gift of Clicking

Forged with Gift of Jumping and Gift of Carpal Tunnel to create Gift of RSI.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

My razor has a macro on it that is nothing but for double clicking, used for these and salvaging lmao.

Do everyone really didn’t notice that you can select an item and SINGLE click the “buy” button instead of double clicking the item? yep, it’s still 100 clicks, but it’s still half than 200 clicks

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Do everyone really didn’t notice that you can select an item and SINGLE click the “buy” button instead of double clicking the item? yep, it’s still 100 clicks, but it’s still half than 200 clicks

It’s still 200 clicks, cause after ‘buy’ you have to click ‘ok’

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

LOL, I didn’t thought about the confirm for high price items, my fault :P

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Would still be less clicks, since for double clicking it would 300, but for the buy button it would only be 200

in Crafting

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

Would still be less clicks, since for double clicking it would 300, but for the buy button it would only be 200

yeah but if u factor the mouse dragging requirement for pressing buy vs double click and then click one more…

double click wins!

of course your asking to get sore fingers afterwards.

in Crafting

Svarty.8019

Where is CC Eva with that /thread stick?

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If you feel like 100g is something you’ll never see the end of I don’t know how you think you’re going to get a legendary

Simple, because I can do it piece by piece and track my progress. I already have all components for the Gift of Mastery, save the bloodstone shard (but skill points come real easy), I have Gift of Metal, Gift of the Sanctuary, and all 77 clovers. I am getting the runestones 5 at a time, and the lodestone and tier 6 totals keep rising as I do all the rest. I also have the Sigil of Ice waiting.

Other than the precursor (dungeon tokens→exotic axes into the forge are my current method and will continue to be such until all that is left is the precursor), I am making very noticeable progress. That is why I think I will get a legendary. I can see that I am making progress.

Looking at it as “raise 5 gold 20 times” is far more plausable than “raise 100 gold”. It’s the same thing, but it seems like it is much closer.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Iehova.9518

I am getting the runestones 5 at a time, and the lodestone and tier 6 totals keep rising as I do all the rest. I also have the Sigil of Ice waiting.

Doing it wrong. Runestones come last.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Gift of Clicking

Forged with Gift of Jumping and Gift of Carpal Tunnel to create Gift of RSI.

Im literally laughing out loud right now.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Crafting

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

why couldn’t it just be 1 item for 100g.. i mean you must be a genius to make players buy something 100 times that is ONLY used for legendary and no other purpose so you will always need 100 of them just to annoy your playerbase and ruin all there mouses/fingers/hands with spam clicking. there are other cases of this too but hell this is the most expensive/pointless one.

im sure there some physiotherapists out there gettin rich off this game.

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I am getting the runestones 5 at a time, and the lodestone and tier 6 totals keep rising as I do all the rest. I also have the Sigil of Ice waiting.

Doing it wrong. Runestones come last.

No, I don’t think I am. As I am getting the gold for the runestones, I am getting other things that I need from drops. Same reason you do the mystic clovers first: failures usually give you other stuff you need. You are making progress on multiple parts of the legendary simultaneously.

Why would I spend lots of gold on lodestones and T6 materials when I am certian to get some as I farm up 100 gold? It makes no sense to buy materials now only to sell more later (at a possibly lower price).

I’m a Geeleiver