Punished for using light armor classes?

in Crafting

Posted by: FeniX.6874

FeniX.6874

Everything so far that is being added in the last patches costs much more for light users!
Damask requires 300 silk(other classes need a lot less!),we need 50% more ascended items for our ascended armor(36 bolts of damask while others need 24),and now the new spinal backpacks cost triple the price compared to medium users.
Why do i have to pay double the price than a heavy class and triple than a medium class?
I feel punished for my class!This has to change somehow.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Agreed. Crafting recipes that are mirrored across the crafting professions should require identical quantities.

If there is a surplus of a material that is driving it’s value down, that surplus should be handled through the introduction of either a “Nicholas the Traveler” type character who accepts the oversupplied item in exchange for goodies, or a merchant similar to the Zephyrite ones who accepts crafting materials as a currency.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The back pieces are not bound by armor class, so if you have a 500 leatherworker or armorsmith you can create the back with either discipline and since it’s account bound/soulbind on use, give it to your light armor class. Right now it’s cheaper to both level a leatherworker to 500 and buy the materials than it is to buy the damask alone.

Granted, ascended armor for light classes is unbalanced, the spinal blade recipes are not.

Also it’s important to mention that the prices of these materials are dictated by their supply, as with any other item available for trade.

in Crafting

FeniX.6874

if i am a light user means i will have tailor at 500 not leatherworker! why do i need to have 2 crafts at 500 than a medium class? thats the problem!i still pay more than a medium class to make my backpiece.The medium class will have to lvl up only leather to make both his armor and backpiece,when i am kinda forced to lvl up 2 professions to 500 and pay SO much more for my armor.

Also why do u say ascended light armor is unbalanced?Don’t they have the same stat boost like heavy and medium armor?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Also why do u say ascended light armor is unbalanced?Don’t they have the same stat boost like heavy and medium armor?

He means that the raw materials that go into light armor are higher demand than the leather / metal that goes into medium and heavy armor.

in Crafting

FeniX.6874

He means that the raw materials that go into light armor are higher demand than the leather / metal that goes into medium and heavy armor.

oh yeah that’s right,cause not only we need more scraps to make 1 bolt but also need more bolts to make 1 damask(and more damask to make armor),AND we have no way to actually farm cloth! that’s really stupid,and its the reason i feel punished for my class

in Crafting

Posted by: skorpia.2041

skorpia.2041

Others had been punished in armor and weapons since the begining of the game, dunno where its the problem now…..

in Crafting

FeniX.6874

Others had been punished in armor and weapons since the begining of the game, dunno where its the problem now…..

You obviously haven’t seen how exactly things are for tailoring! Where have others been punished exactly? The problem is the damask!Its unbalanced.U need 3 scraps for 1 bolt (other crafts need 2 ore/sections),u need 100 bolts(others need 50) for each damask,light armor requires 36 damask(others need 24 for their armors).All that plus the no good way to farm silk put the price very high! Damask costs 12g while elonian leather costs 4g,and as i said i need more of it than other classes)
The crafts are really unbalanced right now in my opinion,and if u ask me all started from when 3 scraps were needed for 1 bolt.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

The whole ‘300 silk scraps for a bolt’ thing is really overblown, if they had completely followed the form from wood and metal and only required 100 silk scraps per damask you’d still be paying 10+ gold per bolt.

in Crafting

FeniX.6874

don’t forget that we would still be paying 10g for damask cause we need 12 more for armor and that has quite a huge impact on its price!

in Crafting

Posted by: Leap Of Faith.8263

Leap Of Faith.8263

I agree with fenix here, it’s so easy to make elonian leather square plus it’s cheap. On the other hand damask is such a pain to craft each day. Linen – 14s per bolt, silk – 6.5s per bolt. It MAD! One will be 25% done with legendary crafting at the price of 36 bolts of damask

~My Love Sunshine, Guardian [Jade Quarry]

in Crafting

Posted by: Harin.2481

Harin.2481

Why Anet hate light armor classes?