Question about Precursor crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Reilem.5910

Reilem.5910

So I am just starting to have thoughts about saving up for a legendary, I’ve already begun keeping all my ectos and T6 mats but with all the recent info from Anet.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/
(Legendary Gear and Precursors)

Should I wait for this new crafting of precursors or will that wait be so long that i might as well wait for the new legendaries?
This has really been bugging me and I’m not sure what to do because my main motivation for playing now was working on the legendary but if the wait will be worth it then i am gonna have to find something else to focus on. :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

When new legendaries come out I guarantee you the precursors will be more expensive than the ones we have now, especially those that are going to be high-demand.

This is assuming the crafting/scavenger alternative is not out. And even if they do release it simultaneously, I don’t think it will be an easy/cheap alternative.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: Aelyn.9574

Aelyn.9574

Do we know when the new legendaries are coming out? Any chance it’ll be at the end of this month?

fingers crossed

in Crafting

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

Piggyback/hijack question, will the gifts Mastey/Fortune still be needed for the new legendaries?

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

No one knows anything about the new legendaries except the fact that they will one day exist and precursors can be crafted.

in Crafting

boredinbc.2786

Gotcha. Thanks!

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

All we know is that it is coming within the next 4 months.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Crafting

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Piggyback/hijack question, will the gifts Mastey/Fortune still be needed for the new legendaries?

I think this is a fair and popular question, so people know what they should be doing for the next few months (gathering/crafting materials or gathering gold).

Also for those half way through their legendary materials, who have now stopped because of this news, they would like to know if their time has been wasted or not.

I for one stopped immediately when I heard this news, I was close to starting to make my clovers once the new wallet combined my karma to make it easier, but now I’m just focusing instead on gathering as much gold as possible, until we have some more info.
I would like to stop this boring gold farm and get back on track to preparing for my legendary, but without any info on the direction of how they will be made, it makes it impossible.

I really think arena net should address this question, to be fair to the players.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

in Crafting

boredinbc.2786

Agreed.

I need a goal, and I would hate to get them, see new legedaries announced that I liked even more but have wasted all my time and energy on farming last years models…

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I’m about to finish Sunrise and was planning on starting up on Flameseaker, Bifrost, or the Dreamer, but I think I’ll probably do what a lot of others in this thread are doing. I’ll be gathering materials for the Gifts of Mastery and Fortune and then just horde gold. I don’t want to get a staff or shield I’m meh about in case they release one that I love.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: Reilem.5910

Reilem.5910

I for one have decided to continue making Incinerator. I love it’s look and will defenitely be worth it, If they add a new one that I like more/equally i will just save money to start another legendary. The demand for those new ones will be so high anyway and maybe the prices of the old ones will drop so that i can perhaps pick up a precursor for a much cheaper price. ;D

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

All we know is that it is coming within the next 4 months.

All we know is that it MIGHT come out within the next 4 months. They hinted at the same thing in back in January. And how it would take place in the first half of this year. So, be excited, but don’t hold your breath. They said that they will do their best to accomplish this before the end of this year, so if that’s all they can promise us, then that’s all we can take. But again it was NOT said that WILL 100% come out by the end of this year. At this point I’m glad they’re even thinking about it…

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

it would be SO but SO stupid if precursor crafting uses T6 mats and Ectos… I mean how much redundant can this legendary thing get?

I really hope for the sake of their prestige as designers they don’t use T6 or Ectos for precursors… it would be a really low blow for their intelligence.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Crafting

Romo.3709

it would be SO but SO stupid if precursor crafting uses T6 mats and Ectos… I mean how much redundant can this legendary thing get?

I really hope for the sake of their prestige as designers they don’t use T6 or Ectos for precursors… it would be a really low blow for their intelligence.

They specified it’ll use a whole new set of Tier 7 materials that are account bound like the crystals from last patch. They’ll also drop from champion bags and such. We’ll have to wait and see

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

They specified it’ll use a whole new set of Tier 7 materials that are account bound like the crystals from last patch. They’ll also drop from champion bags and such. We’ll have to wait and see

Weren’t T7 mats going to be needed for ascended? Weren’t those made using T6 mats?

Are T6 mats and Ectos the building bricks of Tyria?

in Crafting

Romo.3709

Well… Yeah. They’re not gonna make is so you can use T1 or T2 mats. And T7 mats are guaranteed that you’ll have to legitimately work for them rather than pour gold out of your wallet. I’m sure they’ll add dungeons to the mix as well… Technically speaking even though precursors are in fact exotics, they’ll be a lot harder to craft than the ascended items.

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

Well… Yeah. They’re not gonna make is so you can use T1 or T2 mats. And T7 mats are guaranteed that you’ll have to legitimately work for them rather than pour gold out of your wallet. I’m sure they’ll add dungeons to the mix as well… Technically speaking even though precursors are in fact exotics, they’ll be a lot harder to craft than the ascended items.

well if they are made using T6 then people will just wallet them like always, besides ANet won’t make something so radical that peope won’t be able to just wallet it because it is their business after all; and they’ve always done it.

in Crafting

Romo.3709

well if they are made using T6 then people will just wallet them like always, besides ANet won’t make something so radical that peope won’t be able to just wallet it because it is their business after all; and they’ve always done it.

But ascended gear will use T7 materials that you can’t just wallet out. They confirmed it. They’ll drop from champions and will be account bound or some sort of daily acquisition just like Charged Quartz Crystal where you can only create one a day and it is account bound.

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

But ascended gear will use T7 materials that you can’t just wallet out. They confirmed it. They’ll drop from champions and will be account bound or some sort of daily acquisition just like Charged Quartz Crystal where you can only create one a day and it is account bound.

There was a time when I would cheer for a change like this… seeing the current state of champions gives me the chills. IMO, the best place to put something like this is on Chests* all around… not a champ chest, not a majestic or grand chest, but any chest. Give it a low 5% chance only for lvl 80s or something and let people get them by doing the most random things not just Champ farming or any other farming. JPs would drop them, Champs would drop them, weird-places-in-the-world-where-you-go-behind-some-bushes-and-there’s-a-chest would drop them, Dungeons would drop them, etc…

in Crafting

Romo.3709

That’s exactly what they said they’re doing. JPs, dungeons, champs, etc. to give verities of a gamestyle you prefer.

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

That’s exactly what they said they’re doing. JPs, dungeons, champs, etc. to give verities of a gamestyle you prefer.

Do you have the source? I’d like to read that

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Indeed, me too. I’d like to have a read up on this.

However I wouldn’t expect a solid answer on the specifics until they’ve finalised the details, but a glimpse at what they have planned would be nice.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

However I wouldn’t expect a solid answer on the specifics until they’ve finalised the details, but a glimpse at what they have planned would be nice.

Here:

“New Crafting Material Rewards

We’ll also add a new set of account-bound crafting materials to the game. You’ll receive these materials as guaranteed rewards once per day per unique location for completing content within a category of gameplay in Guild Wars 2.

For example, capturing camps, towers, and keeps in WvW will earn you these crafting materials. In the Living World, you can earn them for killing giant world bosses, defeating dungeons, completing jumping puzzles, completing mini-dungeons, finishing some types of guild missions, capturing temples in Orr, and other activities.

Mix it up and try your favorite mini-dungeons one day, your favorite jumping puzzles the next day, and on an another day capture supply camps in WvW instead to earn the crafting material. Or if you want to do all three in one day, the choice is yours! Players can earn each of these guaranteed reward crafting materials from a variety of content across both PvE and WvW to give players choice in what type of content they enjoy."

This means you can get these new crafting materials doing whatever you like.

When it comes to T7 materials:

“Crafting Taken to 500!

We’ll expand all crafting professions to allow them to reach a new milestone: 500 points!
At 500, crafters will be able to craft ascended weapons and armor. Once you reach 500, a new tier of crafting materials will be available to you; this new tier of materials will be made by combining lower tier materials. This tier is time-constrained, so each item can only be made once per day in order to help give high-level crafters their own economy of items to build and sell that retain their value and rarity."

New crafting materials + T7 materials will be used in this way:

“This new tier of crafting material [T7], along with the new guaranteed material rewards mentioned earlier and some other materials we’ll introduce will be used to craft ascended weapons, armor, and more. These weapons and armor will also be able to be found as rare drops from locations in the world. Ascended weapons and armor will remain account-bound like other ascended gear.”

When it comes to Legendary Gear and Precursors:

“Building your precursor will require a large amount of the new crafting material rewards listed above, 500 in crafting, and likely a combination of other items earned for completing more specific content in the game.”

All of this is taken from the article that the OP linked, above.

(edited by Mario Lemieux.9107)

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

Here:

“New Crafting Material Rewards

We’ll also add a new set of account-bound crafting materials to the game. You’ll receive these materials as guaranteed rewards once per day per unique location for completing content within a category of gameplay in Guild Wars 2.

For example, capturing camps, towers, and keeps in WvW will earn you these crafting materials. In the Living World, you can earn them for killing giant world bosses, defeating dungeons, completing jumping puzzles, completing mini-dungeons, finishing some types of guild missions, capturing temples in Orr, and other activities.

Mix it up and try your favorite mini-dungeons one day, your favorite jumping puzzles the next day, and on an another day capture supply camps in WvW instead to earn the crafting material. Or if you want to do all three in one day, the choice is yours! Players can earn each of these guaranteed reward crafting materials from a variety of content across both PvE and WvW to give players choice in what type of content they enjoy."

This means you can get these new crafting materials doing whatever you like.

When it comes to T7 materials:

“Crafting Taken to 500!

We’ll expand all crafting professions to allow them to reach a new milestone: 500 points!
At 500, crafters will be able to craft ascended weapons and armor. Once you reach 500, a new tier of crafting materials will be available to you; this new tier of materials will be made by combining lower tier materials. This tier is time-constrained, so each item can only be made once per day in order to help give high-level crafters their own economy of items to build and sell that retain their value and rarity."

New crafting materials + T7 materials will be used in this way:

“This new tier of crafting material [T7], along with the new guaranteed material rewards mentioned earlier and some other materials we’ll introduce will be used to craft ascended weapons, armor, and more. These weapons and armor will also be able to be found as rare drops from locations in the world. Ascended weapons and armor will remain account-bound like other ascended gear.”

When it comes to Legendary Gear and Precursors:

“Building your precursor will require a large amount of the new crafting material rewards listed above, 500 in crafting, and likely a combination of other items earned for completing more specific content in the game.”

All of this is taken from the article that the OP linked, above.

So after all T7 will only come from combining T6… and only the new crafting material will come time-gated… so its not you get them by playing but most likely given to you at login and hope we can see you again tomorrow.

For the people who said this game didn’t need farming! so long and thanks for all the fish.- Good luck farming more and more and more and endless ammounts of items with an extremely low chance of drop. Let the price of T6 raise to the moon with the increased demand. This will become soon enough the biggest farmfest MMO, which is kind of a funny irony if you go and read notes before release.