Remove timegate on Charged Quartz

in Crafting

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

It really should not take someone 45 days to get all celestial armor and weapons just because of these time gated charged quartz crystals, I understand why you did it first off, because celestial had magic find, but now that it does not give any MF, I suggest you remove this ridiculous time gate! -.-

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

just like 4 logs to make soft wood plank and 3 silk to make bolt of silk (they are different from other similar things), they won’t change this unless there is a good reason. You shouldn’t cause economic upheaval unless it accomplishes something. Sure, it would of been better if they made it unlimited from the get-go, but they wanted to test how well time-gated stuff was accepted by the community (I would say it was a poor test, kitten few would want to waste that much time on celestial, but that’s just my thoughts and I have no idea how many were actually made). If they did this, quartz prices would more than triple within an hour. It would be a long time before things were back to normal. That isn’t the sort of thing you want to cause just because it’s a minor inconvenience. If they had some sort of other reason to change it, such as no one was making celestial stuff and there was 500,000 sell listings of quartz at 34c, then they would probably change it – it would be a good reason.
again, I agree that this and a few others (such as the planks and bolts I mentioned) are better off changed, if only we could change them without causing a disturbance. But that disturbance requires an offsetting good reason to merit doing the change.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Any exotic gear behind gates at this point is ridiculous.

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Hey grim if you are on a NA server I can let you in my home instance once a day for a chance at getting one from a mineral node.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Quartz

Earned this a while back and now have over 35 charged quartz crystals from just this.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Crafting

OIIIIIO.7825

and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

just like 4 logs to make soft wood plank and 3 silk to make bolt of silk (they are different from other similar things), they won’t change this unless there is a good reason. You shouldn’t cause economic upheaval unless it accomplishes something. Sure, it would of been better if they made it unlimited from the get-go, but they wanted to test how well time-gated stuff was accepted by the community (I would say it was a poor test, kitten few would want to waste that much time on celestial, but that’s just my thoughts and I have no idea how many were actually made). If they did this, quartz prices would more than triple within an hour. It would be a long time before things were back to normal. That isn’t the sort of thing you want to cause just because it’s a minor inconvenience. If they had some sort of other reason to change it, such as no one was making celestial stuff and there was 500,000 sell listings of quartz at 34c, then they would probably change it – it would be a good reason.
again, I agree that this and a few others (such as the planks and bolts I mentioned) are better off changed, if only we could change them without causing a disturbance. But that disturbance requires an offsetting good reason to merit doing the change.

Who cares if quartz prices tripled in an hour. (Disclaimer: I have a couple stacks, but not as an investment, just had them from accumulation). They obviously don’t care about any other mats spiking hard in price when other content is released (Iron ore, Silk, Linen (which is still out of control if you ask almost anyone)).

Not having changed it at this point is silly and pointless. As was said above, no exotic equipment should be behind a time gate, especially since we now have ascended to be pseudo-time gated behind.

in Crafting

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

A minor inconvenience? Its 45 days of wait to make 6 armor pieces and 2 weapons.. Am I supposed to get punished because I like playing an Elementalist? (a class that you don’t see many of these days by the way because they are considered underpowered).

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

elementalist is underpowered? aren’t they the profession of choice for things like killing lupi in under 30 seconds?

in Crafting

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I recommend not using dungeons as a test of what class is useful or not. They’re just one part of the game, and a small one at that, when compared to the scope of things like PvP, WvW, and living world.

And yes, I played my Ele with all kinds of hybrid gear combinations. Celestial had the best performance by far, the damage is not as bad as people think it is (because it combines power, precision, crit dmg and condition damage), and doesn’t require running around with 10K(!) HP and 1800 armor.

Some of us want to be effective without being 1-hit by some zerker.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

in Crafting

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

^ This sums it up right here. It’s ludicrous.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in Crafting

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

elementalist is underpowered? aren’t they the profession of choice for things like killing lupi in under 30 seconds?

I hear rangers do well at that…but that doesn’t say much for the class in its current state….same for ele.

in Crafting

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

It was okay when it was introduced, because the prices would have skyrocketed and everyone would have it Day 1. But after 9 months, I think the time gating on these can be removed.

I have no problem with the ascended time gating, but time gating on Celestial is annoying! I am almost never charging them because it’s annoying to do it once per day. I’d prefer charging my stack the same day and be done with it!

Ascended Celestial have the worst time-gating ever.

in Crafting

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Biased, but I agree any exotic armorset (or weapons, or trinkets) should not be behind a time-gate. OIIIIIO you’re a very kind person to offer mining-trips for NA-players!

My Engineer is luckily the only toon I see Celestial being a worthwhile option for due to the high amount of conditions mixed with power-damage. Rushed to 80 with the latest LS (backpiece achievement, zzz) and has been parked at the Centaur Place of Power ever since, the poor thing. 16 more days to go! I’m just lucky she’s my 8th alt, I can be patient.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You also get quartz crystal rewards for placing in sanctum sprint, btw.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont think so. I never get quartz in sanctum sprint. I got 1st like 100 times already and never saw quartz there.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I dont think so. I never get quartz in sanctum sprint. I got 1st like 100 times already and never saw quartz there.

Oh, ok. I just saw it in the wiki and thought i drop it here.
As you seem to do SS often, is there still any good loot dropping, like skins or anything?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

OIIIIIO.7825

@Esmee.1067 If you see me on feel free to send me a message and I will take you into my place so you can farm some.

in Crafting

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

@Esmee.1067 If you see me on feel free to send me a message and I will take you into my place so you can farm some.

I’m an EU player sadly, I just wanted to point out it was a kind thing to do. I can be patient, I’ve got 7 other toons to entertain me for the 14 days I’ve got left on that Place of Power.

in Crafting

OIIIIIO.7825

(_8(|) D’oh! Well in that case I guess I can’t assist.

in Crafting

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Please remove the timegate on charged quartz. Thanks.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Time gates are completely pointless, given the amount of materials that have to be gathered. And, as others have said, time-gating exotic gear is just silly.

Remove time gates entirely, please.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I believe that Charged Crystal acquisition was placed in game to test timegating for future Ascended crafting. I agree tho, that timegating exotic gear is stupid at this point especially when you can craft Celestial stat Ascended gear if you wish. That makes 1 more time gate on a stat combo that is not even BiS.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

^ This sums it up right here. It’s ludicrous.

Not sure I’d use all those exaggerated terms but it does need to be changed….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances