Retaliation rune?

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

As a passing curiosity, I was wondering if ANet had thought about adding a rune that boosts Retaliation duration into the game? I know on some characters, I would love a rune that does that.

Maybe something like:

Rune of Punishment
1: +25 Power
2: +10% Retaliation duration
3: +50 Power
4: 25% chance when struck to gain Retaliation for 5 seconds (cooldown: 15 seconds)
5: +100 Power
6: +20% Retaliation duration, some effect related to Retaliation

Or, well, at least something along those lines.

Who else would like to see Retaliation boosting runes?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It was reduced by 33% awhile back for WvW and PvP for a reason. I doubt they would try to buff it.

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It was reduced by 33% awhile back for WvW and PvP for a reason. I doubt they would try to buff it.

I wasn’t asking for buffs to the boon, just wondering if runes related to it were something that was being considered or desired by the public. My example would just be how such a rune might look, not an “implement this” plea.

I’m a Geeleiver

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Doubtful.
Retaliation is essentially useless in PvE, the suggested runeset wouldn’t do nearly enough to make it worthwhile.
In PvP and WvW, however, as mentioned, Retaliation is strong enough that they’ve already had to nerf it, thus they’re unlikely to implement a runeset that would make it stronger.

Like so many other aspects of the game, PvP and PvE are different enough that there’s really no middle ground for something like this.

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wasn’t saying that you were. I was just saying that retaliation was brought to sPvP level for a reason and those runes would buff it back up.

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Okay, since people are apparently missing the point…

The rune setup I posted is only an example. The entire point of the topic is merely a rune that focuses on Retailiation, much like Strength, Hoelbrak, and Fire do for Might or Rage and Citadel do for Fury. It does not have to increase the strength of Retaliation itself, merely provide benefits related to the boon.

I’m a Geeleiver

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

The rune setup I posted is only an example. The entire point of the topic is merely a rune that focuses on Retailiation, much like Strength, Hoelbrak, and Fire do for Might or Rage and Citadel do for Fury. It does not have to increase the strength of Retaliation itself, merely provide benefits related to the boon.

And you are completely missing our point. Because of Retaliation’s current place in PvP and WvW, it is very unlikely that they will make -any- runeset that provides benefits related to this particular boon.

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I like the idea because not all classes have access to retaliation on their own, but I’m not sure what character I would use it on.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

And you are completely missing our point. Because of Retaliation’s current place in PvP and WvW, it is very unlikely that they will make -any- runeset that provides benefits related to this particular boon.

Good point. They won’t do it for Confusi-

Wait.

If a rune would be problematic for PvP, then it doesn’t get implemented for PvP. Notice how many runes in the game are not available there?

54 Runes are available in PvP. There are 66 runes in the game.

I’m a Geeleiver

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

A good 6th piece idea Gain retailation when disabled 30s cd. This would kill alot of burst builds on the pvp side of things.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Armed Silon Il.4597

Armed Silon Il.4597

I think your missing the point that retaliation is already strong with out the need of a rune set to make it stronger

Znaaff (Ele)
Jinxta Fleshrender (Necro)

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I thought the same thing with confusion but they created perplexity runes :P.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I thought the same thing with confusion but they created perplexity runes :P.

Ikr.

“Hey boss…I have a great idea! Let’s Nerf Mesmer’s Confusion into oblivion because everyone is QQing that it is OP! But wait, there’s more. What about then making a Runeset that gives super easy access to Confusion to every other profession!?!”

“Great idea Leroy! Make it happen.”

/sigh

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Tman.6349

@OP: you keep saying you don’t want to make Retaliation more powerful with this Runeset but adding 175 Power will do exactly that by default. Guardian already has ridiculous access to AoE retaliation to maintain it nearly 100% though anyway. And like Perplexity did for Confusion, I don’t see a problem with this to be fair and honest. Bunker Engi’s are salivating at this idea.

“Full bunker spec with 25 Might and Retaliation? Sounds legit!”

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

175 Power is available on lots of runes, so it’s not really making Retaliation any more powerful. Saying that it’s a problem on one that boosts Retaliation duration is like saying Runes of Rage are problematic because they give Ferocity on Fury-boosting runes or Healing Power on Regeneration-boosting ones.

I’m a Geeleiver

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Retaliation rune?

in Crafting

Tman.6349

175 Power is available on lots of runes, so it’s not really making Retaliation any more powerful. Saying that it’s a problem on one that boosts Retaliation duration is like saying Runes of Rage are problematic because they give Ferocity on Fury-boosting runes or Healing Power on Regeneration-boosting ones.

I wasn’t saying there aren’t plenty of way to get power. Might is very effective at this. Other runeset have nothing to do with anything. I was only pointing out that you kept saying this rune wouldn’t make Retaliation more powerful after it being nerfed, but the rune you proposed would do exactly that. Not saying that I think it’s a terrible idea though retaliation guardians could do well with something like this in a zerg setting. They have huge amounts of aoe retaliation already. with maximum power and an aoe retaliotion on an entire zerg with 100% uptime would be sweet i guess.