Save yourself the trouble

in Crafting

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

So, lemme see now, it costs about 100g to level a profession, which grants you about 10 levels.
So level all 8 will get you to 80 at a cost of 800g. Gold prices being about 2.5 per 100 gems ~ roughly £1 sterling. So I can have a level 80 for £320 without actually having to play the game at all.

Some would say it sounds like a bargain!

in Crafting

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Woah woah, no. It’s about 10 gold per profession average so it’s 100 gold TOTAL – roughly. There’s a guide online with constantly updated prices for mats you can look at to confirm this.

in Crafting

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

100g per profession? Saying your math is overstated would be the understatement of the month.

in Crafting

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

Maxing all crafts totals at between 66 and 84 gold depending on how you do it.

For some people that want to make alts that is indeed a bargain if you compare hours spent leveling vs. the amount you make per hour at 80.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

in Crafting

Posted by: Monstrowhale.9156

Monstrowhale.9156

Before you go running around, saving common simpletons like us from trouble, you should probably do some minor research on the subject.

On the cheap side, it’s like 3g to level Chef.
5g more will get you Artificing.
Rest are a bit more expensive, but around 10g each.

Plantbearpig [PONY]
FSP

in Crafting

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

WTF dude?
I just maxed Aritficer for 5gold46silver. Guess I got one hell of a deal going by your math.

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

…So I can have a level 80 for £320 without actually having to play the game at all. …

Crafting is part of the game of Guild Wars 2.

“…So I can have a Level 80 for £320 with actually having to play the game…”
FTFY

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

You rob yourself of learning what works for you with that profession. Without the experimentation and trial and error on the way to 80, you’re going to be a level 80 noob. Like a Pokemon raised to 100 with rare candy lol

in Crafting

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

You rob yourself of learning what works for you with that profession. Without the experimentation and trial and error on the way to 80, you’re going to be a level 80 noob. Like a Pokemon raised to 100 with rare candy lol

What you say can be more or less true depending on the class and overall gw2 experience…

Wouldn’t reccommend doing the crafting to 80 for a brand new player, but for a vet, it’s a viable alternative to get alts maxed quickly.

But what worked for me was do level 1-11 normally, craft to ~75ish, and finish off the last few levels learning various builds while opening up the world. If you plan your crafting, you can usually have a fully geared 80 when you’re done crafting (at least with rares, exotics if you really know what you want).

But as to the OP, you may want to rethink how you’re crafting, you’re not doing it right. Ask around for advice if you don’t believe so.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So your goal is an 80 LVL character without having to PLAY the game?

….that’s an interesting way to entertain yourself….I guess…?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Didn’t ANYONE get it?

(Brother Grimm almost did)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

No one “got it” because your numbers are flatly wrong. By over an order of magnitude.

And for those of us that have more than 8 character slots, sometimes you do want to just launch a second character straight to endgame, with no loss of skill because you’ve already played a character of that class through the whole game. Certainly there are maps that with any class I think “I ain’t doing that place again.” and I just craft my way directly to competitiveness for the next map that I like.

Its just terrible having all these options on how to play, ya know?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: razn.7160

razn.7160

@OP, I don’t know how you got that info but the online guides aren’t the most efficient way. My girlfriend has gotten Master Crafter with barely 40-50gold. You just have to be smart with your decisions and have a Crafting Boost.

in Crafting

Posted by: CaakEE.7109

CaakEE.7109

Cooking costs less than 3g btw.

in Crafting

Posted by: Articluna.4509

Articluna.4509

http://www.gw2crafts.net/total.html
<95g to max all,
<73g if you want to use “cheapest” method to max all.

It’s your own fault if you try use poor guide. =/ Were you to troll around for your personal entertainment, pick juicier topic nexth time. Plenty of opportunities under bltc category.

OooOOoohh, box of shinies. So many shinies!
Outsource rng → profit.