Slotting Exquisite Jewels

in Crafting

Posted by: Du Bist Schuld.8097

Du Bist Schuld.8097

Hi
I just wanted to slot my Exquisite Charged Quartz Jewel into my Wind Catcher (on a rare Charred Back Warmer), but it won’t work.

pulled out some of my older Back items:
Mad Memoires (Complete Edition, green rampager): doesn’t work
Mad memoires (normal, green rampager, with exquisite jewel): works

Where’s the consistency? Why does it work on some and not on others?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Exquisite Jewels have a lv80 requirement. The Charred Back Warmer is only lv75.

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Even if the back item was excotic, I don’t think he could. For the same reason you can’t slot it in armor. To prevent it to function as a rune of divinity.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Even if the back item was excotic, I don’t think he could. For the same reason you can’t slot it in armor. To prevent it to function as a rune of divinity.

Rarity doesn’t matter, only level. I know Jewels can go in back pieces, as I had one in mine up to going Ascended.

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Exquisite Jewels have a lv80 requirement. The Charred Back Warmer is only lv75.

This.

Level (of the item, not your character) is the only thing that matters. Rarity of the accessory is irrelevant, and Charged Quartz Jewels DO count as an upgrade item, they aren’t specifically limited to crafting only. But exotic jewels can only be slotted into level 80 gear.

The only exception is the couple backpieces that have infusion slots instead of jewel slots (namely the Fervid Censer and the Sclerite Karka Shell). Despite being level 80, the fact that they don’t have upgrade slots but instead have infusion slots prevents them from accepting jewels as they’re considered upgrades.

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The level 80 karma backpieces from temples accept exquisite jewels. You can use a fine T stone to merge the Wind Catcher to it, but of course you will have to use the temple backpiece stats.