in Crafting

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Who farms these?

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: MadRage.1584

MadRage.1584

I try my luck on them everyday but only got one passon flower only. They are a very rare item. Only passion fruit.

Saurian Lair [RAWR]
Guildwars2 Guild on Seafarer’s Rest
http://saurianlair.com

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

jeez >< 375 (correct me if i’m wrong) of these little kitten for an accessory set too

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas.9162

Lucas.9162

I always try to go through the area at least once a day. I’ve only ever found four in my entire time doing it, and I’ve been doing it since I found out they were needed for the level 80 exotic apothecary trinkets. They’re extremely rare. My hopes in ever completing my build are diminishing, as well as for the chance that anything will be done about the drop rate or the recipe. I’ve already made new characters, seeing as how I might be able to level them to 80 and complete their armor and weapons, before ever getting one piece of the apothecary set. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt to have a few more toons to run though Southsun everyday.

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’ve been gathering some passion fruits for an infusion for my ascended ring, but haven’t had any passion flowers pop yet. No one farms them either, they just don’t drop with any reliable frequency whatsoever. Not even the bot hordes of Southsun Cove bother to try and farm them, which is saying something.

I think one step they could do is reduce the amount needed for the higher level crafting items. It’s consider a less rare material type, which is why so much are needed, but this doesn’t reflect reality. It is, in fact, extremely rare. Requiring 75 for a single trinket/ring/necklace is absolutely ridiculous, and makes the apothecary jewelry so much more expensive than any other kind. With the AH prices on my server, that’s at least 50 gold if you want to buy the material to craft yourself one. Even if you only want the jewel upgrade component to stick in your current accessory, that’s still 15 passion flowers.

Other recipes using passion flowers face similar problems too. Versatile infusions require 100 passion flowers, which sends the costs of crafting such a thing into the stratosphere.

I wouldn’t mind so much if I knew I could get passion flowers at a consistent rate, but it’s not possible. Other materials like karka shells do not have this problem because, although they’re rare, I’ve found that I can usually get about 3-5 per hour of farming karka (possibly more if I tag along with one of the bot hordes). So even though the gathering is slow, there’s a level of consistency to it that allows me to predict how long I need to spend to get whatever I want to make.

I suppose the passion flower issue is compounded by the fact that the passiflora nodes are not constantly respawning like the karka are, so you can’t just constantly farm the passiflora.

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

i farm southsun for passion fruits and on average across 3x 80’s, i get 1.25 flowers per day.

a run takes about 15m with all the ori thrown in as well.

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Yamsandjams.3267

Actually, I just thought of something interesting as well…

The consortium chests granted 3-5 passion flowers each, and you could get 1 for 180 gems (if you buy the 10 for 1800). I believe the price for gems on my server is about 1 gold per 100 gems at the moment, and 15 passion flowers is about 10 gold on my AH. So, assuming an average of 4 passion flowers per consortium chest, you could earn 2.66 gold in passion flowers per chest, and each chest would cost you 1.80 gold. Thus, one could make an average profit of 86 silver per consortium chest purchased, or 8g60s for the set of 10 for 1800 gems.

So in retrospect, dumping a bunch of money into consortium chests when they were still purchasable could have been highly profitable. This is because ANet was effectively giving you free money. All the gold you would’ve spent on the gems for those chests would have been returned at least a few times over by now. I guess it wasn’t readily noticeable back then, but this makes me think that ANet made some poor estimates regarding passion flowers and they haven’t taken the place in the economy that they initially intended them to.

At least they aren’t needed for legendary weapons…

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Yamsandjams.3267

i farm southsun for passion fruits and on average across 3x 80’s, i get 1.25 flowers per day.

a run takes about 15m with all the ori thrown in as well.

If this is true, then it means you’d require 2 months (60 days) to craft 1 exotic apothecary’s accessory at that rate of farming, or nearly 3 months (80 days) for one versatile infusion, assuming all the other crafting materials were acquired concurrently.

Given that there are individuals with 3+ legendary weapons in the approximate 4 month life the game currently has, I believe this is an indication that passion flowers are simply too rare.

Mind you, one could always attempt to maximize the rate of farming of passion flowers and also purchase some off the AH with accumulated gold to speed up the process (which is likely what people did for their multiple legendary weapons), but these apothecary jewelry items seem like things you should be able to craft yourself through simple gathering and not requiring potentially months worth of investment.

For comparison, it only takes 1-1.5 hours of fractals per day for 10 days at most to get an ascended ring, which is relatively statisically superior to an apothecary’s ring, so requiring 2 months for a “lesser” item does not make sense.

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

well I’m not crafting apothecary gear. initially i was after the passion fruits for infusions and the flowers were just a bonus. 1 flower = 110 passion fruits/14 karka shells. I’m already mining ori. doesn’t hurt to spend an extra 5 minutes harvesting passiflowers

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

A set of apothecary armor iss over 300 gold

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Actually, I just thought of something interesting as well…

The consortium chests granted 3-5 passion flowers each, and you could get 1 for 180 gems (if you buy the 10 for 1800). I believe the price for gems on my server is about 1 gold per 100 gems at the moment, and 15 passion flowers is about 10 gold on my AH. So, assuming an average of 4 passion flowers per consortium chest, you could earn 2.66 gold in passion flowers per chest, and each chest would cost you 1.80 gold. Thus, one could make an average profit of 86 silver per consortium chest purchased, or 8g60s for the set of 10 for 1800 gems.

Your Server and your Trading Post?

…. it’s the same for all servers x_x

Reaper – Anguîsh

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: Acrid.9731

Acrid.9731

Everybody needs to come add their thoughts over at my thread about the sametopic to try and consolidate all the frustration over this very topic

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/let-s-discuss-Passion-Flowers/first#post1119295

So far reported averages for most people come out to about a single Passion Flower for every 150-200 Passiflora nodes that are harvested. Which has driven current prices to between 65-70s A PIECE making the exotic jewelry set near unobtainable to the average player. Current cost of the set is somewhere between 240-260g

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

I got one passion flower after farming the whole area, using the special tool you buy from the karma vender. Im not so sure it was worth all the time it took to fight the mobs along the way.

I guess its another item that is faster to farm random mobs for the gold, then buy the matt on the TP.

(edited by lisamee.2408)

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: Cospita.7180

Cospita.7180

is there a official statement yet ? …

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

Yeah I’ve been farming these kittens since southsun was introduced, every day, without fail. Every single node…and I have…5. Ugh.

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: Cospita.7180

Cospita.7180

My Guild is now helping out. Got 17 Flowers already … thanks to the help of nearly 50-70 Members/ExMembers and IG-Friends.

Idk why there isn’t a OFFICIAL statement already … this involves everyone trying to get Apothekary-Gear, Fractale-Stuff etc.

So uhmm, Passion Flowers

in Crafting

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Since there is already a bigger thread about this issue, we would ask you to keep on commenting there, so we do not have duplicates about the same issue in the forums. We will bring this to the attention of the team.

Thanks for your understanding.