Stop ignoring us! Precursors?

in Crafting

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

Seriously Anet, it’s time to leave the mists and talk to us about your plans on precursor crafting, scavenger hunt or whatever your plans are to make this ridiculous price spiral to stop. The only thing being legendary about a legendary weapon is the precursor, so why don’t you put an end to this? Finally?

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

in Crafting

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

they have told us what they plan to do with precursers it will half to do with crafting 500 but what is speculated right now is with this update comming live we are not shure if its going to be with the super adventrue box or halloween. hope this helps ya out buddy

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

No it really doesn’t but nice try. Two completely different issues there on what Colin is working on, and what Lindsey is working on.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Honestly, I really wouldn’t expect some miracle from heaven to happen with precursors. If they do make em craftable, i’d be willing to bet it will be time gated by something like the charged quartz crystals. Something that will take months to get all the mats to make it.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Honestly, I really wouldn’t expect some miracle from heaven to happen with precursors. If they do make em craftable, i’d be willing to bet it will be time gated by something like the charged quartz crystals. Something that will take months to get all the mats to make it.

Pretty much this. If/when they become craftable, you can bet the mats are going to be a kitten to gather up, unless you’re rich.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

My biggest fear is that this scavenger hunt will be another redundant solution based on T6 mats, Ectos, Skill Points… pretty much making a smaller legendary so again, solution will be based on gold and TP.

I have little to no faith in they surprising me with a scripted “hunt” to get it. I’m crossing my fingers to be wrong but history tells me different.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

So basically you want a free precursor that you can get in an hour?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

What if they are adding craftable precursors but keeping it hidden

Professional noob guardian

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

You are assuming the “hunt” would take an hour and free.

As it is right now, it is already free and not even takes an hour for the people that got it out of a JP chest, or WvW random kill, or dragon kill… is that harder than a quest? I sincerely think your statement makes no sense.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

As it is right now, it is already free and not even takes an hour for the people that got it out of a JP chest, or WvW random kill, or dragon kill… is that harder than a quest? I sincerely think your statement makes no sense.

If you want to take a gamble and be lucky then by all means. But don’t complain when you don’t get anything, considering that there are non RNG, guaranteed ways of getting a precursor.

If you want a precursor, go buy a cheap one. Go buy The Bard or an underwater precursor.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

If you want to take a gamble and be lucky then by all means. But don’t complain when you don’t get anything, considering that there are non RNG, guaranteed ways of getting a precursor.

If you want a precursor, go buy a cheap one. Go buy The Bard or an underwater precursor.

Like?
The only way to obtain a precursor is by RNG. Even if you buy it from another person, that person obtained it by RNG.
Your comment about buying just any precursor is absolutely meaningless as well. I would be all too happy to buy The Bard if it would let me craft Incinerator, but it does not work that way, now does it?

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

*If you want to take a gamble and be lucky then by all means. But don’t complain when you don’t get anything, considering that there are non RNG, guaranteed ways of getting a precursor.

If you want a precursor, go buy a cheap one. Go buy The Bard or an underwater precursor.*

Why do you keep making no sense? Who said I have a precursor fever? I don’t want to buy a precursor. I want to earn one. I don’t consider farming gold brag rights to say I earned anything; we all know its just spamming 1 within a zerg.

When I said it would be better to get it from a “quest” rather than more farming you claimed I wanted one for free and within an hour (empty assumption on your side in my opinion). I replied to you saying that the way you get a precursor today is for free and without any effort nor time spent. It is a random reward for the most random things. Someone who JUST hit lvl 80 can get one from a JP chest and still don’t have his first exotic armor. Do you think this method is better? Then we disagree.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

(Most) People want to feel like they earned their legendary, not bought it directly with gems—>gold (or massive farming) or just got super lucky with drops.

I wish we had some sort of long, solo, hard, instanced quest that just couldn’t be zerked to victory.

It’s good that they are letting us craft them finally, but if it is going to cost as many t6 (or 7) mats and/or lodestones as a legendary that doesn’t really solve the problem.

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

(Most) People want to feel like they earned their legendary, not bought it directly with gems—>gold (or massive farming) or just got super lucky with drops.

I wish we had some sort of long, solo, hard, instanced quest that just couldn’t be zerked to victory.

It’s good that they are letting us craft them finally, but if it is going to cost as many t6 (or 7) mats and/or lodestones as a legendary that doesn’t really solve the problem.

Didn’t you hear? Thor had to check with his broker many times and stock animal parts like crazy before he could wield Mjölnir

in Crafting

KitaYumi.7048

I agree, such a quest would be the best solution. It should be very hard however, much like Liadri was in the Queen’s Gauntlet (of course with better visibility).

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

I agree, such a quest would be the best solution. It should be very hard however, much like Liadri was in the Queen’s Gauntlet (of course with better visibility).

and maybe not one-shot/time-gated fight? perhaps they’d like to include lag victims this time (like anyone who lives far from the servers).

in Crafting

KitaYumi.7048

and maybe not one-shot/time-gated fight? perhaps they’d like to include lag victims this time (like anyone who lives far from the servers).

I just meant to refer to a difficulty level, not the exact same fight. Of course it should be possible to complete no matter where in the world you live, as well as being able to take as long as you want to.
If you want to take eight hours to defeat it, by all means, you should be able to do that.

in Crafting

Mesket.5728

I just meant to refer to a difficulty level, not the exact same fight. Of course it should be possible to complete no matter where in the world you live, as well as being able to take as long as you want to.
If you want to take eight hours to defeat it, by all means, you should be able to do that.

Indeed

They didn’t give me a chance to tire Liadri up so we can talk about her issues and why she is so mad

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Well the way I see it, they should give 2 ways to obtain a precursor. The cash way which involves grinding and buying off the TP or trying the MF and then the quest way which would entail something along the lines of a LONG story which requires you to fight mobs in dungeons and open world as well as hunt down ingredients from nodes to progress the story. They can time gate it by making the ingredients obtained through T7 which is daily and then story NPCs which need X amount of time to craft stuff or travel or whatever before you can speak to or see them again(they can send you a mail when they are ready). And of course make everything involved acct bound so you can’t breeze through it.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?