Suggestion: Legendary Precursor

in Crafting

Posted by: sam.4673

sam.4673

Please make it easier to come by.

The legendary weapons are hard enough to get without this being a factor. Everyone I’ve seen with the legendary weapon I want said they got their precursor exotic weapon in the trade post for dirt cheap before the majority of people learned how rare it is..

Thank you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Day.4501

Day.4501

This is more like an opinion.

in Crafting

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

Legendary Precursor is the least of your problems. if you were to buy most if the items needed for Legendary weapons the cost would easily be more than the precursor. (no I havent got one yet but im not in a hurry)

in Crafting

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

@Blackwolf I agree. But for me I think it’s just getting my head around earning like 350G and spending it all on one item like that, crazy!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Crafting

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

@swiftpaw

Thats 350G at current prices. The key is staying with inflation. Odds are good that if they dont change the method or odds to get a precursor then prices will only continue to rise.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in Crafting

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

@swiftpaw

Thats 350G at current prices. The key is staying with inflation. Odds are good that if they dont change the method or odds to get a precursor then prices will only continue to rise.

Prices have actually dropped and stabilized from not too long ago. The whole “the sky is falling cause precursors are going up in price uncontrollably” was so last weeks popular cry post.

in Crafting

Parisalchuk.9230

@swiftpaw

Prices have actually dropped and stabilized from not too long ago. The whole “the sky is falling cause precursors are going up in price uncontrollably” was so last weeks popular cry post.

On average from the release of the game the price has seen increases in short bursts followed by ‘stabilization’.

in Crafting

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

The prices for Dusk and Dawn have stayed pretty much the same for over two weeks now. I see little reason to expect a price rise unless it is accompanied by increases in the material costs (likely in sync with economy-wide inflation), but if that is the case you can keep up with it by stockpiling items instead of gold.

in Crafting

Posted by: Karpuz.5409

Karpuz.5409

Trust me, precursor is indeed your last problem. All the others mats (especially if you need Charged Lodestones) will take you about 4-500 gold the least, and you need a ton of Karma and whatnot. Get everything else, and by the time you have those, you’ll prob. have earned enough to even buy precursor straight

in Crafting

Parisalchuk.9230

Trust me, precursor is indeed your last problem. All the others mats (especially if you need Charged Lodestones) will take you about 4-500 gold the least, and you need a ton of Karma and whatnot. Get everything else, and by the time you have those, you’ll prob. have earned enough to even buy precursor straight

I have gotten almost everything else and I do not have the money for the precursor. Yes, the rest is also cost prohibitive, but thats not invitation to substitute skill to get an item for pure wealth.

in Crafting

sam.4673

Well, it was just a suggestion. As someone who’s invested 100 hours (after world completion) purchased 60 dollars worth of boosters, has almost used them up, and is barely close to 100g savings, I feel the price for dawn is a bit much.

Even after all of this I have like less than 8 armored scales, powerful venom etc etc. I’m all up for a challenge but this is just unfair. This is a game, not real life.

in Crafting

Parisalchuk.9230

Well, it was just a suggestion. As someone who’s invested 100 hours (after world completion) purchased 60 dollars worth of boosters, has almost used them up, and is barely close to 100g savings, I feel the price for dawn is a bit much.

Even after all of this I have like less than 8 armored scales, powerful venom etc etc. I’m all up for a challenge but this is just unfair. This is a game, not real life.

I agree with you, I think after all the other costs involved with a legendary the precursor should not be one of them.

in Crafting

sam.4673

The forge is a vacuum of money. So I guess it’s working as intended if people buy boosters or trade gems for gold (lol). Eventually people who really want their legendary weapons will move onto a different game. Boosters can only go so far, and so can their wallets.

If I invested this much time (and money if there was a cash shop) in FFXIV for a legendary weapon, I would have it by now. Final Fantasy is as grindy as it gets in my opinion, but the grind to legendary status is in FFXIV pales in comparison to GW2.

I want to love this game soooooo badly, I do for now, but this is just ruining it for me.

in Crafting

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

There’s an actual suggestion forum btw OP. I’m not sure how much they read it but I’m guessing they’re more likely to look there for suggestions than here. :P

in Crafting

sam.4673

Meh fox, you’re probably right. I know how MMO companies roll, if enough people quit over one thing, they will change it. Since this if free to play, and having the forge the way it is, they make far more revenue than not with this legendary carrot on a stick. So.. working as intended.