T7 Cooldowns: Accountwide or per character?

in Crafting

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Q:

If I have 3 different characters with Weaponsmithing, can I do the refinements once per day on each one? Or is it one of each refinement per account per day?

If it is once per character, doesn’t this encourage everyone to level Artificing/Huntsmen/Weaponsmithing on all of their characters?

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I don’t see them making such an oversight IF they are trying to time gate it.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I wouldn’t put it past them considering all the other alt unfriendly things they have done.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I wouldn’t put it past them considering all the other alt unfriendly things they have done.

Yes, well, they did give my alts Account Magic Find so there’s that.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

What I got from the TWITCH stream was that the results of what you make from the account bound time gated items are tradeable in the trading post.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2844578

So theoretically you could make your ascended armor without any timegate it would just cost you more.

If you do want to make it yourself however it should take about 2 weeks per piece.

NOTE: This is a good thing. It makes crafting useful after you got the armor/weapons you are looking for. Can’t have everything.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Crafting

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

What I got from the TWITCH stream was that the results of what you make from the account bound time gated items are tradeable in the trading post.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2844578

So theoretically you could make your ascended armor without any timegate it would just cost you more.

If you do want to make it yourself however it should take about 2 weeks per piece.

NOTE: This is a good thing. It makes crafting useful after you got the armor/weapons you are looking for. Can’t have everything.

Really. Account bound. Tradable. Whistle.

Doubt it.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

in Crafting

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Some of the items are account bound and some aren’t.

Even though some of it you can trade I doubt there will be that many on the Trading Post at the beginning because everyone will be holding on to it to craft their ascended item.

And the daily refinements I believe are account bound.

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Some of the items are account bound and some aren’t.

Even though some of it you can trade I doubt there will be that many on the Trading Post at the beginning because everyone will be holding on to it to craft their ascended item.

And the daily refinements I believe are account bound.

True, And mostly true. The Daily Refinements(ecto refinements) are account bound. But then you turn the daily refinements into another refinement. (The Tier 7 Mat) That refinement is sell-able.

Falling in line with
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

This tier is time-constrained, so each item can only be made once per day in order to help give high-level crafters their own economy of items to build and sell that retain their value and rarity.

Don’t believe me check out

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/gw2-account-magic-find-ascended-crafting-and-legendary-weapons-revamp-preview/

The real gate here is the Account Bound Gate.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

in Crafting

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

I believe you lol.

The real gate at the beginning is the daily account bound materials and leveling to crafting 500 (since the recipe and stuff for ascended requires crafting 500).

After a while I feel like some people will sell their common crafting materials on the TP and others will use it to make stuff so in theory after maybe a month or two you can craft new ascended stuff faster than you can now.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I suspect there may be one loophole in the time gate -

That mats are shared across all the weapon-making professions. Its POSSILBE that the equivalent recipes will be on separate timers if you have the Artificer, Huntsman, & Weaponsmith professions up to 450+…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I’m gonna bet there is 1 mat which is needed for the recipe that is acct bound and gated thus gating the whole recipe.

My question is how much of a difference is this ascended gear gonna really be compared to exotics and is it gonna be a fresh, cool new skin or a generic crafted skin where we have to reuse already existing skins.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)

in Crafting

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I’m gonna bet there is 1 mat which is needed for the recipe that is acct bound and gated thus gating the whole recipe.

My question is how much of a difference is this ascended gear gonna really be compared to exotics and is it gonna be a fresh, cool new skin or a generic crafted skin where we have to reuse already existing skins.

They have only shown us the great sword(developer livestream), and the rifle(screenshot on the event page).

You can see some pics of stats and the great sword here:
http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/gw2-account-magic-find-ascended-crafting-and-legendary-weapons-revamp-preview/#3