The Hunter

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: bugmug.7940

bugmug.7940

I grinded gold for about 2 months now for it and almost had the 250g it cost a Few days ago, just toll find out, that someone bought all up to 400g…

What do i grind for? The reward only keeps going even more far away each day.

Als anet…even if you stupidly dont introduce The sacavenger hunt anytime, soon. then als double The odds getting One via drops and mf…
Or Do a kraka-like chest every 2 months Or so :/ i just fear, that because of all The stupid people here, who complained about The precursor drops in that chest, Makel The last solution impossible….

Just Do anything This months pls and stop giving empty promises!

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

They have to change their game, because YOU can’t get a precursor?

Sry but 250g in 2 month is nothing. You can’t expect to get a legendary for casual-playstyle within 2-4months. This is a long-time-goal. They didn’t promise anything.

A-Net can’t change their game every month because everyone want to have the most expensive stuff in the game. Some ppl managed to get multiple legendaries. There is no problem at all.

A Karka-chest every two months? And maybe 1000g for monthly hu? The “stupid ppl” here? I laughed at this point. A-Net is deleting every single post with some kind of trolling or even less than trolling in it. But some people can offend others while whining about everything they can’t manage to get. Seriously?

You just have to work for your weapon.

The Hunter

in Crafting

bugmug.7940

Haha…you serious about your post? 250g + all 3 gifts within 2 months is casual play ? Oh man, your real life must suck…

Srs…im Not a casual player at all and making 5g a day isnt casual neither. items becoming almost double as expensive in only 2 days is normal game? Yeah right…and you know What? The ppl who have several legendaries are the ones who made at least their First when all prices have been a tenth of todays and before DR. i Do know, cause i have several in My guild.

So pls check your arguments next time pls…

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: kellian.9712

kellian.9712

Sry but 250g in 2 month is nothing. You can’t expect to get a legendary for casual-playstyle within 2-4months. This is a long-time-goal. They didn’t promise anything.

A-Net can’t change their game every month because everyone want to have the most expensive stuff in the game. Some ppl managed to get multiple legendaries. There is no problem at all.

A Karka-chest every two months? And maybe 1000g for monthly hu? The “stupid ppl” here? I laughed at this point. A-Net is deleting every single post with some kind of trolling or even less than trolling in it. But some people can offend others while whining about everything they can’t manage to get. Seriously?

I’m not to worried about getting a legendary because it’s so far out of reach…but this comment 250 gold in 2 months is INSANITY! I’ve been playing since release and my main has like 20-25 gold and my alts a couple gold a piece.

I do dungeons, farm mats (trying to get crafting up to 400 and sell extra), and do the dragon events every day. The only way to get that much in 2 months is to A – play an unhealthy amount of time or B – play the other “game” called Trading Post. If I wanted to play a economic sim I would go play an economic sim, not a fantasy MMO.

The idea of getting that much gold just going through the game and playing a decent amount of time without going way overboard I find completely unrealistic. I average about 2+ hours a day playing the game, some days are longer (like a good Saturday session) and some days I don’t get on at all (usually during the week)

Sounds like all this boils down to is another “casual” vs “hardcore” argument (and who really knows what either means anymore) that people have been having since the dawn of MMO’s.

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Reave.2701

Reave.2701

I also noticed the big spike in price. Hopefully the drop rate increases with the next update, so I can take a chance with the mystic forge.

The Hunter

in Crafting

Mouby.7096

5g/day isn’t casual gaming? /laugh

“Oh man, your real life must suck…”

Because i know how to make fast money?

Dude i have 2 legendaries atm and there isn’t any problem to get them without exploiting/gambling or other stuff.

You want to have a legendary? Go on and do something for it.

@kellian, if you really save your money you would have much more than 20-25g. You can make this amount of money easily within 2 days.

Btw. I know there are some spikes in the prices of the precursor, and i don’t like ppl monopolize the market, but other ppl also have to pay a lot of gold for precursors.

Remember, a legendary weapon is intended to be a long term goal, if you don’t have any legendary within 2 months there is no problem at all.

(edited by Mouby.7096)

The Hunter

in Crafting

kellian.9712

@tobschge

If making money was as easy as you say and as quick as you say, some of the costs of these things would probably be 5x what they are now. Also I don’t buy anything at the TP, so saving isn’t the problem…its the lack of being able to make any $ through the normal means of playing the game other than being basically forced to play the TP game to get anywhere (something I don’t enjoy at all)

The Hunter

in Crafting

Mouby.7096

Thats not true. If you farm cursed shore/dungeons and other stuff you can EASILY make 10-20g/day. That would be about 600g in 2 months. If you had farmed since the game was released you would have like 1500g.

I know thats maybe not fun, but if you want to have a legendary within a few months you really have to farm a lot. If you play and just have fun you don’t can make that much money, but it’s your decision.

The Hunter

in Crafting

bugmug.7940

5g/day isn’t casual gaming? /laugh

“Oh man, your real life must suck…”

Because i know how to make fast money?

Dude i have 2 legendaries atm and there isn’t any problem to get them without exploiting/gambling or other stuff.

You want to have a legendary? Go on and do something for it.

@kellian, if you really save your money you would have much more than 20-25g. You can make this amount of money easily within 2 days.

sorry but you are either a tp’ler, which i simple dont want todays do, or a beyond all hardcore gamers.

Srs…playing 3hours+ a day and making more money than prolly 80% of the Rest in this game is so casual for you, than you are simply out of reality and i cant convince you anyway.

Besides that, the issue is the DRAMATIC price change within 2 days. thats the real issue here!

Pls go and hate childish like in your eternity whine threads

The Hunter

in Crafting

kellian.9712

Thats not true. If you farm cursed shore/dungeons and other stuff you can EASILY make 10-20g/day. That would be about 600g in 2 months. If you had farmed since the game was released you would have like 1500g.

I don’t know what to say other than I find that highly amusing, especially when I get maybe on average 2+ hours a day if I’m lucky to play (and often times in not). hey knock yourself out with all the gold you got, more power to you…I just find it not the norm.

(edited by kellian.9712)

The Hunter

in Crafting

bugmug.7940

I know thats maybe not fun, but if you want to have a legendary within a few months you really have to farm a lot. If you play and just have fun you don’t can make that much money, but it’s your decision.

You were First talkin about making that money within 20 minutes Besides…pls note that Most ppl cant play that many hours like you Every day as you stated. i mean, oh My god, that would just been sick. i Do My cursed shore, cof and frqctal runs everyday about 3hours and Do NOT get 10-20 gold or close to that. pls stop lying and beeing unrealistic. that doesnt help any constructive discussion

(edited by bugmug.7940)

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

I’m not to worried about getting a legendary because it’s so far out of reach…but this comment 250 gold in 2 months is INSANITY! I’ve been playing since release and my main has like 20-25 gold and my alts a couple gold a piece.

I do dungeons, farm mats (trying to get crafting up to 400 and sell extra), and do the dragon events every day. The only way to get that much in 2 months is to A – play an unhealthy amount of time or B – play the other “game” called Trading Post. If I wanted to play a economic sim I would go play an economic sim, not a fantasy MMO.

The idea of getting that much gold just going through the game and playing a decent amount of time without going way overboard I find completely unrealistic. I average about 2+ hours a day playing the game, some days are longer (like a good Saturday session) and some days I don’t get on at all (usually during the week)

Sounds like all this boils down to is another “casual” vs “hardcore” argument (and who really knows what either means anymore) that people have been having since the dawn of MMO’s.

5G a day is what you get by spending lets say 2 hours doing the 3 AC paths + 2 CoF paths. And the 2H is very very broad. A good team can do them in 1 hour.

Fractals is a big source of money too with a bit of luck – 2 complete levels (7 fractals in total) one can get between 3 and 10 rares (chop for ectos) and 1-3 cores(if lucky with charged that is 1.5G right there), some times even lodestones drop (i’ve got maybe 10 out of 200 individual fractals done).

Crafting is another good way do get money, not to mention ori farm or other activities. An ori farm takes 45 minutes (if you pick omnomberies and ancient logs too). A daily ori farm amounts to 2-3 gold.

So far i’ve given only 3 possible ways to to get at LEAST 2-3 gold a day each if not double or triple that if you know how in descent amount of time.

In other words – research, thinking and one can get 10G a day in 2-3 hours of play without “playing the trade post game”. This is a fact and i can prove it easy to everyone that wants it.

Since start of the game i have done maybe 1100G(most of it are gone into the production of Bolt, witch is not ready yet) without any sort of flipping with 2 exeptions, i bought The Chosen for 80G and sold it later for 170G and i’ve made maybe 60G from buying glacial lodestone and selling them before, around and after the wintersday event.

I’ve also wasted quite a lot of gold into failed endeavors (the mystic toilet) or dumb mistakes (selling my mystic battleaxe to a vendor after playing half asleep), witch probably amounts to another waster 100-200G.

I play 4-5 days a week at least 3 hours a day(a bit more during Saturday or Sunday, i rarely have the chance to play both of those days) to maybe 18-20 hours tops a week, with maybe a third amount of that time spent in WvWvW.

250G a month is nothing unachievable. Even double than that is possible if using the mushy thing we have in our heads.

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

(edited by Grezko.7950)

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Heck, when I was running Plinx chain repeatedly, it took me like 5 runs to make 1 gold.

2.5 hours running full magic find in the most profitable location, to get 1 gold. You simply cannot make 10-20 gold a day farming in Cursed Shore. Not without something else going on.

Keep in mind, this was before Plinx got nerfed to run far less often.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

The Hunter

in Crafting

bugmug.7940

Please Guys…this thread is mainly about the skyrocket price change rather than anything Else

The Hunter

in Crafting

Mouby.7096

Drarnor, do dungeons, just like Grezko said.

@bugmug, there are several threads about this topic. And like i said, there isn’t any problem. Maybe you know demand and supply? Other people also want to buy their precursor, if they farm more than you, the’ll get it instead of you, as simple as that.

(edited by Mouby.7096)

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

right now I make 8.5g a day for playing 2h and it could easily be done by every single player in the game.2 weeks ago I got almost 10g a day, but prices has gone down lately. I wount specify exactly what I do since that might make the prices fall more than they have recently. 8.5g *30 = 255g. 510g for 2 months.

money isnt a problem as long as you know what to do and dont mind farming. the prices for precursors has been going up and down a little but for the most part the prices is very steady. also not unobtainable as you may think.

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Dranor, do dungeons, just like Grezko said.

I’ve been doing that lately, and it is more profitable. Now I get about 1 gold an hour, so long as it’s my first run on the path each day.

That said, I have not been selling most crafting materials as I need them for my own legendary. Makes no sense to sell them now just to buy them again later.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

The Hunter

in Crafting

kellian.9712

Please Guys…this thread is mainly about the skyrocket price change rather than anything Else

skyrocketing prices are a result of 2 things; 1 – the lack of precursor drops and 2 – the amount of $ in the economy (IE inflation brought to us by those with an insane bankroll right now). There are some large threads about both around here someplace on the forum.

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

Dranor, do dungeons, just like Grezko said.

I’ve been doing that lately, and it is more profitable. Now I get about 1 gold an hour, so long as it’s my first run on the path each day.

That said, I have not been selling most crafting materials as I need them for my own legendary. Makes no sense to sell them now just to buy them again later.

Doing events is a not descent source of cash and has never been.
1 hour = all 3 paths of AC done witch only from the cash at the end + csh from mobs equals 1G. From selling blues and other stuff you get mabye another 1G+
1 hour = complete ori farm witch is 1.5G only from ori ore.

Use brains!

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

(edited by Grezko.7950)

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I noticed the spike too. Luckily I at least got ahold of the Energizer when someone stupidly listed it at 50g (The rest of the listings were 55g+). I made about 40g last weekend, but I was selling all my ectos and materials..which is going to punch me in the face later when I need a stack of ectos…I’d say just keep trying to save up. This price spike is probably due to the rumors flying around about the patch. My precursor for my first legendary, Frostfang, also went up quite a lot. It was sitting at 230g for awhile..and is now close to, if not above, 300g.

TL;DR – Just keep swimming. Keep doing what you’re doing. We’ll see what this patch has to offer. If you keep saving, eventually you should get there when it plateaus for a few days or when the price drops. OR if they do release a different way to get it, then hey. You have money for other stuffs.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

So few people realize that if something is easy, they won’t want it…
Trust me: if you get precursors handed to you on an orichalcum platter, it won’t mean anything to you. It will take all of the joy out of obtaining it. Especially when you look around and everyone else was also handed ori platters of precursors.

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Haha…you serious about your post? 250g + all 3 gifts within 2 months is casual play ? Oh man, your real life must suck…

Srs…im Not a casual player at all and making 5g a day isnt casual neither. items becoming almost double as expensive in only 2 days is normal game? Yeah right…and you know What? The ppl who have several legendaries are the ones who made at least their First when all prices have been a tenth of todays and before DR. i Do know, cause i have several in My guild.

CoF P1 all day everyday, might be boring but 20-30 gold is possible everyday. even more if you devote enough time.

Also The Energizer for the mace? was listed at 30g last i looked.

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Tioc.5638

Tioc.5638

CoF P1 all day everyday, might be boring but 20-30 gold is possible everyday. even more if you devote enough time.

Been a while since you looked then, 99 gold just now and hasnt been uner 50 for at least 3 weeks

TEO ~ staff ele hiding at the back ~ WSR

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Don’t expect to buy your precursor. Ever.

It’s really as simple as that.

You either take the risk of using the MF yourself, or you pay somone else absolutely top dollar to take the risk for you. But the simple fact that you can grind out hundreds of gold without putting valuable goods into the system is why your coin is worthless for achieving your goals and why inflation will run ahead of you every hour of every day.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Easily solution for the rising price in precursors is put a time limit on TP sales(say like 3 days). If it doesn’t sell in that time, it pops off the TP listing and into the pick up part of TP for the lister and he loses his listing fee. That way if people want to list precursors for crazy prices, be prepared to throw gold away by relisting it over and over.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

The Hunter

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

Last I checked, it was nearing 100g. gw2db has it listed at 87g right now and I can’t check the spidy while working. Not sure when the last time you checked was.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate