This is insane!

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Over 200g just to go from 400 to 500 crafting level!? Why!??
I was really shocked by this, I thought about 30-50g would do it, but this is just overkill.

I’d like to know how other people feel about this, because so far it seems no one has a problem with this.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Zerlon.2017

Zerlon.2017

Personally, I want the ascended weapons, but unless they are either trade-able or they make crafting not the only reliable way to get them (by this I mean random drops are not reliable because you sometimes won’t get a chest with the stats you want), I have no plans to go for them.

Leader of Combat Adventurers [CBA] – Jade Quarry
Thief (lvl 80): Ratari Gold – Warrior (lvl 80) Dreablon – Engineer (lvl 80) Zejleon

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you pay 200g, you are doing something wrong.

You propably follow a mediocre guide on the internet that everybody else uses and dont gather stuff yourself.

The 200g figure also doesnt subtract the money you get back from selling the stuff you crafted.

If you know what you are doing and know the market, you can even make a profit while leveling from 400 to 500.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you want to make an ascended weapon then you should already have 200g+ worth of materials. Or did you buy the game yesterday and expect to build an ascended today? The more unique weapons has always been maybe 30-120g to craft, ignoring legendaries and some 300g+ weapons. An ascended weapon is nothing.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why anybody would have 200g worth materials?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It doesn’t cost 200G, especially considering you can sell or salvage some of the results to get back your investment. Such sensationalism.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Apart from buying the thermocatalytic reagents, I already had the T6 materials, had a nice initial stack of ore and wood and gathered/salvaged the rest.
The Queen Jubilee and Scarlet was the perfect time to get T6 materials. And gathering on multiple characters on multiple servers is a help (which is an activity I find to be relaxing).

But I really doubt that I put 200g worth of materials in it. Even if the price has rose since…

This is insane!

in Crafting

You propably follow a mediocre guide on the internet that everybody else uses and dont gather stuff yourself.

I used the guides from http://gw2crafts.net/
I thought they were the best ones around?

~Sincerely, Scissors

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

That guide has you crafting all exotics to get to level 500 which is not a good idea.

You can do 400-425 by refining t6 mats and you can do 450-475 by refining t7 mats.

This is insane!

in Crafting

That guide has you crafting all exotics to get to level 500 which is not a good idea.

You can do 400-425 by refining t6 mats and you can do 450-475 by refining t7 mats.

Hmmm, interesting.

~Sincerely, Scissors

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Seems people here don’t understand opportunity cost.

“You should already have 200g worth of materials, it doesn’t cost a thing!”

… /facepalm

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I do but I’m a hoarder , I possibley have double that but I am not wasting them on ascended if I can use them for a legendary

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Avatara.1042

The 200g figure also doesnt subtract the money you get back from selling the stuff you crafted.

If you know what you are doing and know the market, you can even make a profit while leveling from 400 to 500.

Pretty sure it is utterly impossible to make a profit.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

After taking in to account the cost of mats (which you should be doing) I also can’t see making much of a profit if any. Sure, selling crafted exotics would be pure profit if you gathered all the mats yourself, but so would selling those mats as well.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Except you probably need the dark matter you get from salvaging the exotic items you make.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

This is insane!

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Except you probably need the dark matter you get from salvaging the exotic items you make.

For Dark Matter i bought Settlers trinkets during the first days after the patch for around 80 silver.
The resale value of the salvaged ectos and exquisite passion flowers was far higher at that time than the 80 silver for the trinkets.
I salvaged dozens of them and have 87 dark matter left in my bank after crafting 2 ascended weapons.

I made profit on generating dark matter.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

After taking in to account the cost of mats (which you should be doing) I also can’t see making much of a profit if any. Sure, selling crafted exotics would be pure profit if you gathered all the mats yourself, but so would selling those mats as well.

I wont give you a full guide on how to make profit while lvling to 500 because thats for me to know and you to find out. After all, i make my gold selling my mats and items that i aquired cheaply to people like you, that just dont know better, at a premium.
No offense intended.

I give you one example:

Yesterday i crafted and sold a Sentinel Rifle for nearly 14g, so 11.9g revenue after fees and taxes.

Crafting cost as of now:

Sentinel Inscription – 6.85g on buy order
Ori Rifle Barrel – 15 silver on buy order
Ancient Rifle Stock – 60 silver on buy order

11.9-6.85-0.15-0.6= 4.3g pure profit

Thats a Return of Investment of 60% and with a crafting booster active, you just gained 2 crafting levels, earning 2g per craft lvl.
Screenshot of my sale a day ago is attached.

Nevermind that i bought over 50 sentinel inscriptions for 2-3g each right after the patch when everybody panic sold his stocks because they became available from the commendations vendor, so my profits where actually doubled from this example.

Still not convinced?

Try putting in buy orders for fine darksteel weapons and salvage them. You will get 1-3 platinum ore or hard wood logs per salvage. This way i got the mats for my deldrimor ingots and spiritwood planks for 50% of the current TP value. I just salvaged until i had double the amount i needed and sold my excess on the tp to you guys to cover my initial investment costs. No pure profit here, unless i would salvage more than double the amount that i need for myself but lots of essences of luck along the way for free.

The same method applies to the lower tier ore and wood you need.

As i said, you have to know the market in order to make a profit and you still need 50-100g for buy orders to get started but in the end, its possible to end up with more gold than you started with. And a good bump in account mf.

You are welcome.

Attachments:

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

Wanze: Its easier for people to say that its impossible and that you are wrong then for them to put some time and effort into looking into the situation.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

On the cost of making ascended…
I’m fine with it because after you have your exotics… what do you really have to spend your resources on? Mats, gold, karma just pile up and there is nothing to work towards.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I’m fine with it because after you have your exotics… what do you really have to spend your resources on? Mats, gold, karma just pile up and there is nothing to work towards.

case closed.

Really, if you got all exotics, ascended trinkets, whatever you really do not have to spend gold on anything. When I was making my Legendary I rarely had more that 10g in bank now I am spending 30-40g every couple of days on gems and gear for alts.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

case closed.

Really, if you got all exotics, ascended trinkets, whatever you really do not have to spend gold on anything. When I was making my Legendary I rarely had more that 10g in bank now I am spending 30-40g every couple of days on gems and gear for alts.

Oh yeah, because getting prestige (rare) skins and alts don’t cost gold at all.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Wanze: Its easier for people to say that its impossible and that you are wrong then for them to put some time and effort into looking into the situation.

Pretty much. I also feel that they are also the type of people who make topics like “Sell now or wait?”. If you have to ask in a public forums about advice like that, you wouldn’t be able to see/predict trends and make money off it.

Just like you, I made a bit of money getting to 500, and about to be broke since I want to transmute my ugly Ascended to a nicer skin.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Pretty much. I also feel that they are also the type of people who make topics like “Sell now or wait?”. If you have to ask in a public forums about advice like that, you wouldn’t be able to see/predict trends and make money off it.

Just like you, I made a bit of money getting to 500, and about to be broke since I want to transmute my ugly Ascended to a nicer skin.

Youre right. The reason why i posted the example with the sentinel weapons was because personally dont have any interest anymore in that market. It was nice to use for leveling my professions but i got all three maxed now. For pure profit, the sentinel weapon market isnt very attractive to me now because i make faster profit with other stuff. I just posted it as an example that its possible to make a profit while leveling.
I fully expect those people that complain in this thread to go and try it and make a loss because alot of people start doing this now.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

I wont give you a full guide on how to make profit while lvling to 500 because thats for me to know and you to find out. After all, i make my gold selling my mats and items that i aquired cheaply to people like you, that just dont know better, at a premium.
No offense intended.

I give you one example:

Yesterday i crafted and sold a Sentinel Rifle for nearly 14g, so 11.9g revenue after fees and taxes.

Crafting cost as of now:

Thats a Return of Investment of 60% and with a crafting booster active, you just gained 2 crafting levels, earning 2g per craft lvl.

Nevermind that i bought over 50 sentinel inscriptions for 2-3g each right after the patch when everybody panic sold his stocks because they became available from the commendations vendor, so my profits where actually doubled from this example.

Still not convinced?

Try putting in buy orders for fine darksteel weapons and salvage them. You will get 1-3 platinum ore or hard wood logs per salvage. This way i got the mats for my deldrimor ingots and spiritwood planks for 50% of the current TP value. I just salvaged until i had double the amount i needed and sold my excess on the tp to you guys to cover my initial investment costs. No pure profit here, unless i would salvage more than double the amount that i need for myself but lots of essences of luck along the way for free.

As i said, you have to know the market in order to make a profit and you still need 50-100g for buy orders to get started but in the end, its possible to end up with more gold than you started with. And a good bump in account mf.

You are welcome.

Makin profit from exotics you craft while levling is invalid, becouse you most probably NEED them to salvage for ascended mats. You will probably use all exotics you crafted. Week ago i salvaged 10 exotics and got 0 globs….

This is insane!

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

No offense intended.

I give you one example:

Crafting cost as of now:

Still not convinced?

You are welcome.

Makin profit from exotics you craft while levling is invalid, becouse you most probably NEED them to salvage for ascended mats. You will probably use all exotics you crafted. Week ago i salvaged 10 exotics and got 0 globs….

I just used my profits from selling my crafted exotics to buy cheap Settler Trinkets for ~80 silver on buy order. The ectos and Exquisite Passion Flower would sell for even more than the 80 silver, again giving profit while getting dark matter.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: fey.5438

fey.5438

Week ago i salvaged 10 exotics and got 0 globs….

Use Black Lion, thank me later

This is insane!

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Please make sure to quote the right users. It wasnt me who said that but daros.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

They should add some nodes to the game.
Problem solved.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

There is nothing to thank you for. Dark matters are AB. And if you sell crafted exotics to buy cheaper, you will still spend lot of gold on crafting.

This is insane!

in Crafting

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Because it was announced significantly ahead of time that ascended weapons would be obtained by crafting?!? Stands to reason that the prices of said items would sky rocket if you held onto them. Also stands to reason you don’t want to pay those bloated prices if you want to craft your ascended weapons. Therefore you gather higher level materials and bank them in preparation.