Transmuting a legendary

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: PadmaN.7820

PadmaN.7820

How does this work now ( 25.02.2013 ) ? I’ve crafted Twilight yesterday ( yay! ) and I really want to change stats on it for something like Berserker but I don’t want to loose legendary status of my weapon. Basically there’s few questions I’d like to ask:

If I transmute stats from other weapon (lvl 80 exo) on my Twilight will it….
1. remain a legendary when I
a) mouse over it in my inventory?
b) link it on chat?
2. receive buff to ascended stats when ascended weapons are released?

And also:
3. Is any of the features in question 1 a) or 1 b) bugged at this moment (25.02) ?
a) are devs aware of it?
b) is it likely to be fixed in the next big patch ( 26.02) ?
4. Should I wait with transmutation until next patch?

Thanks for your answers.

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: PadmaN.7820

PadmaN.7820

C’mon guys, I know there’s someone out there who knows the answers

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

a) yes
b) no
2. probably no

3. probably yes
a) yes (but i guess no one cares)
b) nope
4. i would suggest it

Reaper – Anguîsh

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

One thing I’ve seen is that the Legendary no longer is named just “Legendary” but “Legendary of Sigil” ie: Twilight of Rage, etc

Also, if you ever want to make Eternity, I don’t think you can do it with a transmuted legendary.

Nobody knows about the “best in slot” situation since they are currently best in slot – but worst case scenario, if it lost this ability, I’m pretty sure you would be able to transmute it onto an ascended sword when the time comes.

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Agrees with Dreamslayer.

What I’m curious though, is if legendary greatswords sunrise and/or twilight can still be used to make eternity if we simply change the sigils (not using transmute).

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

I also wish there was a solid answer on this or they would make it possible to select your stats on creation because im about to make The Dreamer and boy the PVT is gonna be pretty useless on a thief lemme tell ya…

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Agrees with Dreamslayer.

What I’m curious though, is if legendary greatswords sunrise and/or twilight can still be used to make eternity if we simply change the sigils (not using transmute).

Yes they can.

After transmuting they cannot.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Transmuted legendaries received the most recent flavor update (for example, my transmuted Bolt now lists (lightning) damage), and they count for the achievement and the chest on the character select screen (I transmuted my Bolt before equipping it, and I didn’t have those before the April 30 update). They still say Transmuted instead of Legendary, but I think there’s a pretty good chance that the answer to question 2 is now yes, although of course that’s just a guess.

For the other question, maybe someone with a transmuted Sunrise or Twilight could check to see if they can put it into the MF with the other ingredients for Eternity.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Grayson.2375

Grayson.2375

Transmuted legendaries received the most recent flavor update (for example, my transmuted Bolt now lists (lightning) damage), and they count for the achievement and the chest on the character select screen (I transmuted my Bolt before equipping it, and I didn’t have those before the April 30 update). They still say Transmuted instead of Legendary, but I think there’s a pretty good chance that the answer to question 2 is now yes, although of course that’s just a guess.

For the other question, maybe someone with a transmuted Sunrise or Twilight could check to see if they can put it into the MF with the other ingredients for Eternity.

Why u go necro a 2 months old thread…

Transmuting a legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: God Of Kittens.7308

God Of Kittens.7308

No, I have a transmuted Sunrise and it’s still not able to be forged into Eternity.