Ways to make coin?

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: mmo gamer.3425

mmo gamer.3425

Hey I opened this thread because I need to know how I can make coin off crafting. I dont understand how the economy works. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lightvision.9357

Lightvision.9357

farm your materials > Craft items > sell items

i have done the math on this and if you buy all the mats of the TP then craft the item then sell, your gonna be loosing coin than making it.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

Like all MMO crafting is a gold sink. If you want to make gold just sell the materials, you will most likely make more gold on most if not all servers.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Cassium.3240

Cassium.3240

Not all crafting is like this. There are some professions where you can make more coin from taking your raw mats and producing them into some items than just selling the mats.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: FootDive.3451

FootDive.3451

Certain crafts will earn you net profit. I’m not going to tell you which ones but what I do recommend you to do is get your excel sheet out and start putting in numbers. ;p

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: TheHamSandwich.5410

TheHamSandwich.5410

Nah, Gather mats, sell mats, Seriously I have barely made any money from Crafting. The Materials sell better then the crafted items.

Quick Nessie, To the Pickle Farm!

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

Seriously I have read posts say they make a lot of coins from crafting. But in my expediences, it is a rare thing than the norm.

The only things that seems to make coins are the parts for legendary weapons. But that is mostly because the materials are rare and the amounts you will need to make them.

Most people craft for other reasons than making coins. Example: fast ways to level alts with coins, etc.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

refining tends to give more than the raw mats. not enough more to justify buying the raw mats, refining and reselling…just more than selling the raw mats to beginin with. i get the feeling cooking will be awesome but not enough people know about it yet. armor and weapon crafting are cheapened by the fact that equivilant or better items drop.

that leaves…

with the exception of jewels (not really that lucrative but better than all the others) crafting has minimal income potential in the current market. why i don’t regret getting them…exotic longbow with berserker stats.

(edited by Voltar.8574)

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Yayabingyi.2815

Yayabingyi.2815

Nah you are not going to make coin from selling your wares from crafting (I’m talking the normal stuff you level up on), however you CAN make a pretty penny selling the parts to make gear like the (forgive me if I am getting the wording wrong) inscriptions, sigils, etc. Those I found recently sell really well and there seems to be a lot of buyers wanting them, which is great for me as I’m not wanting to compete with everyone else. Especially if you have extra mats, you can make those and sell for 1+ silver a piece, which goes up with the crafting level of the item. It might not seem like a lot, but it adds up and other than the rare dyes I find, that is the only way I’ve made coinage on the TP.

I mean I don’t even try to sell the junk I get from loot, when I look on the TP there are anywhere from 300-800+ already available listed and more times than not, at vendor value! lol

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Cassium.3240

Cassium.3240

Certain crafts will earn you net profit. I’m not going to tell you which ones but what I do recommend you to do is get your excel sheet out and start putting in numbers. ;p

Anyone complaining about making a profit on crafting needs to do this. Its not easy, it takes some research, but it is possible. I really don’t try that hard and am probably coming up on ~10g a week.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lydiaele.9417

Lydiaele.9417

Certain stats sell better than others, research what’s hot on your server. Farm the mobs that drop fine mats with those stats and craft those items. The basic materials should be readily harvestable or for sale cheap on the TP (with the possible exception of cloth). I’m pretty sure there is no way to profit from buying all the required materials and selling the things you make from them.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Like all MMO crafting is a gold sink. If you want to make gold just sell the materials, you will most likely make more gold on most if not all servers.

There is no difference between servers, the trading post is global accross them all

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Tindahbawx.5317

Tindahbawx.5317

i have done the math on this and if you buy all the mats of the TP then craft the item then sell, your gonna be loosing coin than making it.

So what you’re saying is that you should really just farm the mats, and sell those, because doing so nets you more money than actually crafting the item?

If you can’t buy stuff on the TP and craft it, and sell it for a profit, you shouldn’t be crafting that recipe regardless of if you farmed the mats or not. Farmed mats aren’t “free”. They’re still worth their current market value, prior to you using them crafting something thats undervalued on the TP.

Anyway, to make money, go have a look on an item database website and filter it down for the karma purchased recipes for your current crafting skill, most of those still sell for profit.

(edited by Tindahbawx.5317)

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: NixZero.7540

NixZero.7540

often the best thing to equip yourself and your friends is to farm the mats, sell them and buy the full built item on the ah so yes, the market is completely fubar, most people sell items for less of what the materials they use are worth.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

What this should really be telling you is: farm your material > sell materials. If the item is worth less than the materials, then it’s more profitable to just sell the materials to meet demand.

Right now, material prices are so high because everyone and their mother wants to be a max-level crafted and everyone started at 0 crafting when they rolled.

This situation will continue until either: people stop wanting to be max crafters, or most people become max crafters. Then material prices will go down because fewer people are actively using them to level crafting, and you can buy/farm materials to craft for profit instead.

It doesn’t mean the market is a failure or completely screwed up; it just means that the resources (scarce raw materials) are in higher demand than almost all of the products right now. Make a profit by meeting that demand.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nphyx.4378

Nphyx.4378

Case study – one of my characters is now level 25. I have dropped over 30 silver in buying additional materials just to keep my crafting up to speed with my level (and I’m doing it the efficient way using discoveries, not spamming, btw). Another character I rolled a couple days ago is only level 8. She has over 30 silver just from selling jute scraps gathered during the normal course of play, and spent less than 3 silver buying crafted level 4-5 gear. YMMV, but if it keeps going like this later in the game I don’t see any chance of crafting being profitable. If it does improve at some point, it seems to me that the most efficient path is to wait to start crafting until later levels when the amount of cash you earn from general play trivializes the expense of completing the lower level crafting tiers.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Anyway, to make money, go have a look on an item database website and filter it down for the karma purchased recipes for your current crafting skill, most of those still sell for profit.

Just have to be careful with those, some create items that are bound on acquire.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Fine materials are so rare that they’re worth a lot at the trading post. Even low level ones. So if you want to make money, don’t use them to craft, just sell them.

Ways to make coin?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Fine materials are so rare that they’re worth a lot at the trading post. Even low level ones. So if you want to make money, don’t use them to craft, just sell them.

or go harvest Dill Sprigs, they are more expensive than some of the Fine Crafting materials :p