Why a month to craft Ascended?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Is there any legitimate reason for us to wait an entire day to make a bolt of damask besides just turning us into obsessive compulsive gamers who have to log in every day FOR A MONTH (Before reset mind you!) just to craft one item so we can have this fancy ascended armor?

I was mildly upset when I found out I would have to spend 6 days to craft spiritwood essence for my staff, but I could live with that, because it was “only” 6 days and once done that was it! But for the armor sets this is just crazy!

I am assuming this thing is for some sort of economics control, to keep the ascended materials at a low quantity on the market. But its pretty obnoxious. If you don’t want the stuff on the market, make it account bound and save us having to set our alarm clocks for an entire month to get the materials we need for the armor we were promised in tuesday!

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Time gated high value mats are a crafter’s staple for making a base daily income. This is a common aspect of crafting. The reason it stinks right now is people are rushing through getting ascended gear but long term allowing crafters to aid in lessening the time required by selling their unneeded mats is a good thing.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Anet did provide a way around this, as players already crafted a full Ascended armor set on day 1.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

36 days to get the best armor in the game? And the alternative (exotic) is just barely below it in stats. I think the ascended/exotic system is a great mix between casual and hardcore. If you don’t think so, you should play any other MMO. Let me know how long it takes you to get best-in-slot gear which is REQUIRED to play all end-game content in those games. Let us know when you get back, because I’m sure we will have forgotten your quest for knowledge more than a year after it started.

in Crafting

Posted by: pheroth.5306

pheroth.5306

Is there any legitimate reason for us to wait an entire day to make a bolt of damask besides just turning us into obsessive compulsive gamers who have to log in every day FOR A MONTH (Before reset mind you!) just to craft one item so we can have this fancy ascended armor?

I was mildly upset when I found out I would have to spend 6 days to craft spiritwood essence for my staff, but I could live with that, because it was “only” 6 days and once done that was it! But for the armor sets this is just crazy!

I am assuming this thing is for some sort of economics control, to keep the ascended materials at a low quantity on the market. But its pretty obnoxious. If you don’t want the stuff on the market, make it account bound and save us having to set our alarm clocks for an entire month to get the materials we need for the armor we were promised in tuesday!

I’m going to guess a lot of it is for improving their statistics/numbers.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I was mildly upset when I found out I would have to spend 6 days to craft spiritwood essence for my staff, …

What is this Spiritwood Essence you speak of? We wish to monopolize it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

While I tend to agree about time gating, everyone knew about ascended armor back when ascended weaponry debuted. As soon as I finished my weapons, I started stockpiling everything I could get my hands on. I have 5/6 pieces of ascended, and only need a couple days to complete the set.

Again, I don’t like gated material either, but…

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s enough time to make you realize you are wasting your time crafting it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I am no proponent of time gating but I get the reasoning why they did it. From the player’s standpoint its purely an annoyance but if you want to keep the appearance of a bustling city in your game you need people logging in every day and killing monsters in all the level ranges for new players to get that mmo feeling and to help move all that gold 80s make into the hands of newer players just leveling for the first time.

I made lots of ascended weapons but I only leveled tailor to sell damask, the skins are vomit inducing and the stat increase is too negligible for me to waste resources toward.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rencruzer.9614

Rencruzer.9614

What bugs me the most is that I can only make 1 piece of Ascended mat per day (per type) but have 6 armor/weapon crafts. There should be 1 cd for each mat type per craft.

in Crafting

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

What bugs me the most is that I can only make 1 piece of Ascended mat per day (per type) but have 6 armor/weapon crafts. There should be 1 cd for each mat type per craft.

So make the timegate character bound and account bound? It would definitely push up the rest of the crafting mats for a bit as everybody tries to get all of their characters to 450 Huntsman plus 1 armor craft.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Another reason the timegate is there is to force people to log on every day — so that GW2 becomes an unbreakable habit.