bolt + flameseeker = happiness

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

this is a /me thread so if you don’t care for those, read no further and press the back button on your browser.

a couple months ago, when i finished fsp, i saw that riaky had made a bolt to pair up with his fsp and i knew that i had to do the same. there’s nothing quite like equipping 2 legends at the same time.

anyhow, even after 2, i’m sure i made a few mistakes along the way in terms of the order of things, but the result is the same: i had a ton of fun doing this and met some really nice people in the process. my guildie in our guild of 2 just finished his bolt 2 nights ago as well, so we’re ready to dual bolt any instance we come across =]

in retrospect, getting the non purchasable gifts first, followed by the precursor next would have been the smartest move, though i opted to get the 2000 t6 mats when anet balanced the drop rate with the latest patch out of excitement.

anyway /gloat

have a good night in tyria…

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Awesomesauce! Congrats!
After my twilight i am aiming for bolt too. It would have been 3-4 weeks to complete it, as I was missing Zap, 70 lodestones, 50-100 of all t6 mats and the icies.

Here is my /me story :-) :
Suddenly, after Wv3ing for some hours I go vendor the trash to get space in my bags and on top of all the sellable items I see those three orange letters: Zap!
I did not even notice, as we roam smallscale and kite the zerg, being focussed on positions all the time.
YAY! :-) Going to finish it this week now :-).

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Congrats!!!
I like the last screenshot the most, though next time try to find a “cleaner” background to really make your leggies shine.

I applaud anyone who is going past 2 legendaries, it is not an easy task and req. quite a bit of nerves to keep pushing on.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

Look really nice, and Gratz!

Do you mind posting some more screenshot? Maybe a few frontal shot and some on the shield side? And is that a Guardian or a Warrior? You’re already gloating so might as well indulge yourself right? :P

I want to do something like that as well, the reason I’m kinda skeptical because I don’t think the Sword/Shield combo is very good gameplay wise. But if it looks ultra cool then maybe I should just go and screw the gameplay part.

(edited by Abriel.4103)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Look really nice, and Gratz!

I want to do something like that as well, the reason I’m kinda skeptical because I don’t think the Sword/Shield combo is very good gameplay wise. But if it looks ultra cool then maybe I should just go and screw the gameplay part.

This is the exact reason why I ended the pursue for a Bolt and I rather try to craft Sunrise. One handed sword skills on guardian are not so good as those on greatsword.

in Crafting

kiba.2768

bolt suffers from the double hilt/pommel graphical bug like vision of the mists when in use…weird

as for sword/board in pve, i’ve been using it since a month after launch and i find that it works well in wvw and somehow found its way over into my pve for soloing champs or tougher 1v1 pve encounters.

please excuse my new armor setup as i’m not done yet(need to find new leggings from hotw)

[edit]
i am a guardian =]

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

http://imgur.com/a/K3jpi#1

Frostfang + Howler, was going to make flameseeker as I use a shield 80% of the time however, it just doesn’t suit my tastes :/ oh well.

@kiba, sword +shield /gs combo in wvw has been working really well for me on the guardian, have face rolled a few thieves with the set up.

grats on your success. op.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

in Crafting

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

what dyes are you using on your armor Kiba, the blue gloss looks nice.

in Crafting

kiba.2768

what dyes are you using on your armor Kiba, the blue gloss looks nice.

graphite, white and redemption. i’m done with my custom armor skin setup so it’s off to find new dyes =]

in Crafting

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

grats and hater gonna hate no matter what