so much for no gear grind

in Crafting

Posted by: Elessar.7186

Elessar.7186

I gotta say, as much as I was looking forward to ascended weapons, I am really disappointed with their execution. As a casual player (once or twice a week), I have enjoyed that I don’t have to participate in a gear grind to stay at the peak of the game. Ascended weapons unfortunately have killed that. It will take me months to craft even one ascended weapon at my rate of play, not to mention what it will take in time and resources to outfit several characters with several weapons.

This to me seems a major departure from the kind of game Anet has told us they intend to make for their players. No gold stars from me on this one.

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

I feel for you. And agree completely. They made lot of promises about non-grinding game. And how we will never have to farm and grind and do boring stuff to get to fun stuff. With this ascended grindfest every of this promise is broken.
It would be better to drop those weapons from some hard dungeon and content. But not just ,,rare chance" that usualy means precursor-like chance. But realy big chance from some realy hard content.
I know they are going to change Tequatl and he will drop specific ascended weapons, but again a doubt the chance will be higher then something like ,,0,0001"……..It is always the same.

in Crafting

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

You get all you need by playing the game, not sure how that’s a grind. 500 Dragonite ore? that’s 25 Meta events, or 5 days MAX. There are cheap ways to get to 450 crafting AND you can sell the items made at that level.

I’m doing things I’ve never done before to get my Asc weapons, having a blast and have not seen this “grind” you speak of.

Not to mention, you don’t need to have these weapons. It’s a personal choice to go for them, just like Legendaries.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in Crafting

daros.3407

You get all you need by playing the game, not sure how that’s a grind. 500 Dragonite ore? that’s 25 Meta events, or 5 days MAX. There are cheap ways to get to 450 crafting AND you can sell the items made at that level.

I’m doing things I’ve never done before to get my Asc weapons, having a blast and have not seen this “grind” you speak of.

Not to mention, you don’t need to have these weapons. It’s a personal choice to go for them, just like Legendaries.

Firs of all it is no truth you dont need them. Well of course you can try fractals without AR, but i doubt you will make it….
Second of all it is not only about crafting weapon itself but also about levling crafting from 400 to 500 and that cost at least 150g if you dont have tons of stacks of most expensive materials in bank and that means lot of farming too.

in Crafting

Posted by: yamay.8075

yamay.8075

Actually, playing casually means lack of mats to get to 500 to begin with…it takes stacks of ori ore and ancient wood, not to mention tons of ecto, all of which cost a ton of gold if you decide to buy off TP, which casual gamers don’t have. You may say that “ascended aren’t for casuals”, but what OP is worried about is the increasing disparity in gear level between casuals and hardcores, making this game become just like any other; “it is about how much gold and time you spend in game, not your skill”.

And remember, legendary used to be just the same stats as exotics, and exotics are super easy to get compared to ascended. Now the legendaries aren’t just cosmetic with the stat changes on the fly feature, yet it is not account bound. You can buy a legendary but you have to level crafting to max to get an ascended…it is an interesting choice ANet made, and I don’t think it was the best choice they’ve made.

in Crafting

Feed Me Change.6528

I got to 450 weaponsmith by making TWO exotic items. 2! I’m going to wait to see how far making the needed, time-gated items gets me and then I’ll make more depending on how many I need.

If the issue is globs, doing meta events will not only give you Rares (which we’ve only had 100% rares for 6 months) but it gives you the Dragonite Ore. Since you say mats are the issue, why aren’t you gathering the 25 items needed to finish your daily?

FotM without AR? Don’t you have 6 other places you can put it? (forgive any ignorance here, I don’t ‘do’ fotm)

I won’t make a comparison between ‘hardcore and casuals’ and yes Legendaries should be account bound (no idea why they aren’t). The PvE side doesn’t really take skill and doing 5% more damage in PvE doesn’t really account for a whole lot, unless you are trying to solo events.

You act like “casuals” are poor. We just had a month of PURE event farming. Even if you logged in for 1 hour a day, that was ONE invasion and netted you 30-40 Champ Boxes.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vaine.2381

Vaine.2381

I have to disagree on this.You have to have an ascended weapons because ascended armor is coming this year.This is going to happen to people who loves doing dungeons alot.You join a party.The party leader ask you to link ur gear.Everyone else link ascended gear/weps and you linked exotics gear/weps. Leader kicks you. Of course you can always make your own party but you will never hear the end of this hey party leader just make ascended gear/weps this run was slow becuz of your gear or something similar to this.So yea getting ascended things is a Must and Expensive

in Crafting

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

You need alot more money to buy legendary than to buy your way to 500 crafting. Difference is huge.
Fractals and acsended weapon argument is silly, there are other items that can be upgraded with AR that one slot on weapon wont make that much difference. At least not for casual player that plays 2 times a week. I doubt there are any casuals that play 2 days per week and are going for fractals beyond 20…

Not to mention that there is no content that casual player cant enjoy in without acsended weapon…
And OP is complaining about outfitting several alts, now im wondering is he realising that playing several alts demands several times bigger time investment than it would take to do things on one char.

in Crafting

Feed Me Change.6528

I have to disagree on this.You have to have an ascended weapons because ascended armor is coming this year.This is going to happen to people who loves doing dungeons alot.You join a party.The party leader ask you to link ur gear.Everyone else link ascended gear/weps and you linked exotics gear/weps. Leader kicks you. Of course you can always make your own party but you will never hear the end of this hey party leader just make ascended gear/weps this run was slow becuz of your gear or something similar to this.So yea getting ascended things is a Must and Expensive

Are you pulling the “COFP1 ZERKER PING GEAR” argument? Lol..

Were you ever kicked because you brought rare items instead of Exotics? I never have.

in Crafting

daros.3407

You need alot more money to buy legendary than to buy your way to 500 crafting. Difference is huge.
Fractals and acsended weapon argument is silly, there are other items that can be upgraded with AR that one slot on weapon wont make that much difference. At least not for casual player that plays 2 times a week. I doubt there are any casuals that play 2 days per week and are going for fractals beyond 20…

Not to mention that there is no content that casual player cant enjoy in without acsended weapon…
And OP is complaining about outfitting several alts, now im wondering is he realising that playing several alts demands several times bigger time investment than it would take to do things on one char.

Silly argument? Then you never run fractals. Do you even know what is ar limit for trinkets? And do you know what AR you need to do 50+ fractal?
If you would know it you would never say it is silly argument….
Trinket limit is not enough to do 50lvl fractal. Weapons will allow us to do 50 to 58/59.
But 60 will be again probably imposible to do until ascended armor.

(edited by daros.3407)

in Crafting

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Casual player with multiple 80’s fully geared up is not casual.

in Crafting

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Please guide me because I’m really struggling to see the problem in here:

If you are casual then you must expect to wait more than others in order to get this new items, it’s been weeks since they announced that the upcoming ascended equipment will have some time gated components, everyone was warned beforehand.

As always it seems like gearing alts will be a pain, but still it was known that this was going to happen. I’m already gaining some of this materials by doing what I always do, which is better than to spent hours killing the same foe over and over again.

You do not need ascended weapons to be useful in your team, before this patch we were able to do anything with just exotic equipment, an increase in damage (not sure how much, some say 5% while others 10%) will just make things die faster but it won’t take away your current damage.

The only benefit I see with getting this ascended weapons ASAP is to be able to enter a higher rank of fractals, but still we already have to wait to acquire some of the trinkets (laurels and guild commendations)… WHY is everyone making such a huge fuss about this?

Oh and I wouldn’t even care if the party leader asks me to link my gear and I show them my greens, we all know that “elitism” feeling will never go away.

I hope you’ll be able to get this items eventually OP.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

WvW, easily the game mode most impacted by adding new tiers of gear, is the one where it’s hardest to get this gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: dragonewtking.9867

dragonewtking.9867

An increase in damage of 5% or 10% – whichever it is – is significant in WvW. The players who have the time to grind out the Ascended weapons will have a distinct advantage. I am a casual player, mostly hanging around for the WvW, since I WvW with a small group of people that I have gamed with for some time. All of them are casual players, without the time or the inclination to grind. We are now discussing leaving this game due to the imbalance this Ascended gear is going to create. The attraction for us in GuildWar 2 was the advertised no grind, no gear treadmill, no power creep mentality -that’s all gone now, and this game lacks anything of substance to replace it. I already have a full-time job, and now this game is starting to feel like a second one. No thanks.

So, what happened to play it the way you want? now it’s play it our way; if you want to be competitive, then you must have this ascended gear. To do that, you must join the champ train, do world bosses, and grind temples. Otherwise, you are going to fall behind the power curve. You will become a liability in WvW. So grind, grind, grind.
Blah. Oh, well, it was almost good for a year. Might be time to move on now. We’ll see.

in Crafting

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

I’m not a supporter of the ascended grind but you’re overstating a small power increase. It’s not going to matter if you don’t have it. Most players will not have it. Only in your own mind does it matter. It’s probably even less of a power increase than switching to an “of x slaying” sigil weapon for whatever dungeon you’re doing. And in WvW, what difference does 5 of the players on each side in a 40vs40 fight having another 5% damage/stat make? Zilto.

Think – there have already been SIX ascended slots for some time. I have never once seen anybody demanding you have ascended gear to do any content.

(this is directed at the previous post, because it states “f you want to be competitive, then you must have this ascended gear” which is simply not correct. I actually agree with the OP and the general sentiment that this kind of ascended grinding doesn’t belong. What they should have done is added all this stuff they just added, but the final result being crafted precursors instead of a new tier)

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

(edited by Eulolia.2467)

in Crafting

Posted by: dragonewtking.9867

dragonewtking.9867

Eulolia:
Actually, it will matter quite a bit. The forum states that there is a 10% increase in the relative stats between an exotic weapon and an ascended one. A 10% increase is not insignificant. Yes, for PvE it doesn’t matter, at least for now, but WvW it will make a difference.

I am aware of the existence of the six ascended slots, as a matter of fact, it is just those slots that I base my opinion on. I run a mesmer, and started WvW with all exotic gear –
and did ok, maybe, but was getting killed way too much. So, I took a look at the build, and decided that I needed the addition of some ascended items. I added 3 of the six, and I am currently running all exotic gear except for the rings and amulet. Those are now ascended. And the difference has been amazing. I survive, and am able to down opponents, much more effectively with the addition of just 3 ascended pieces. Therefore, clearly, they do make a significant difference. Without them, I was lacking in some aspect – power, or armor, or health; just enough to have a problem. With a few, problem resolved. I’m not saying I an unbeatable or anything like that, but my survivability and ability to down an opponent increased noticeably with just the 3 pieces. This has been noticed by the people I game with as well, so it’s not just my opinion. it’s a marked difference.

Just take a look at the builds posted for the game – how many of the current builds posted don’t use ascended items? Pretty much zero. Why is that, do you think, if they make so little difference?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Yes, the no gear grind days are done.

Now, what are you actually going to do about it?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

This to me seems a major departure from the kind of game Anet has told us they intend to make for their players. No gold stars from me on this one.

They don’t care about the promises they made years ago. They put the customer’s satisfaction and quality assurance on the back burner and focus more on making money.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

in Crafting

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

They said they would have never put treadmill, a lovely lie, end of the story, such as ‘’we dont ’do grindy games’‘.
I have pretty much all that i wanted till now(included one legendary), but fact I must play things such as world events and stuff which aint dungeons and have to get timewise a better reward just doing those rather than run a full dungeon…well… kinda sad, what you think?
I might be old for this ’’new’’ way of intend contents but we loved games where actually we got better rewards for doing proper instances.
Here is like, the reward is proportional to: running around doing events taggin mobs with autoattack and speculations over auctions/crafting… Just what the kitten?
Who doesnt play the game (’’play’’ meant as use ur in-game combat skills) get better reward than who plays it? Are u kidding me?
I dont discriminate ppl who loves such stuff BUT at least give to us more rewards for the proper stuff -.-
Thi is becoming the arch-nemesis of players like me that always loved the instances world and screw the rest.

This update to me sounds like a major turn off, i dont want to camp Orr (e.g. dragonite) all the day long. somebody said: " Its easy , its max 5 mega events!" yeah dear, but you have to be there tracking them and for ppl that doesnt have all day long but logs just in the evening – even on daily basis – can be not that immediate and its not given for granted the ’’x’’ event will happen anytime soon.
To not mention those time gated components and the stock of oris, ecto and ancient wood involved… For a casual its like ‘’okay, i’ll get one prolly past 2 months minimum."

The first ascended stuff been introduced with Fractals and should have been related to there ( althought I agree it’s nice and fine for those who actually plays majorly WvW having an equivalent trade for that reward as well) , just content developed and upgrated. Instead we are stuck at max 50, with no (legit) progress and small reward compared to what you can gather in one Scarlet Invasion. All the ascended gear acquisition is split in too many ways, too many curriencies ( that other nice idea of Guild Missions.. Dont’ even want to get started on that..), and, if it wasnt’ enough, Anet wants to introduce ascended armor soon..
Dear Anet, I hope you’re going to release the armor with a less annoying way than what you have done for weapons because otherwise i think only you lovely devs will play your own game, not us for sure. People dont ‘want an endless grind. Less currencies, no time gating, rewards related to proper instances (and+or wvw accomplisments), and if you really wants to make crafting that useful, releases craftable precursors ( not on same basis of ascended, thanks.)
I know all those kids who have no idea about what Daoc was or those who like the ’’pay to win’’ way to just look shiney, surely are not going to concern. but they are not the majority of your customers…yet…
My 2 cents.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

in Crafting

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

QQ moar! Seriously, you want to just instantly have the best weapon in game and then what? Be bored again? Casually playing you can easily have a weapon in a month, if you only play lets say 1.5 hours a day, thats enough for 3 dungeons. Thats an easy 5-6G there, then a couple world bosses, theres another gold. So 7 gold a day, then multiply that by 30 days in a month, 210G, that is enough to level you to 500, assuming you played “casually” enough in the last year to get to 400. Why must kids these days have stuff instantly handed stuff to them, the anticipation of getting closer every day towards your goal is better than getting the actual weapon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

QQ moar! Seriously, you want to just instantly have the best weapon in game and then what? Be bored again? Casually playing you can easily have a weapon in a month, if you only play lets say 1.5 hours a day, thats enough for 3 dungeons. Thats an easy 5-6G there, then a couple world bosses, theres another gold. So 7 gold a day, then multiply that by 30 days in a month, 210G, that is enough to level you to 500, assuming you played “casually” enough in the last year to get to 400. Why must kids these days have stuff instantly handed stuff to them, the anticipation of getting closer every day towards your goal is better than getting the actual weapon.

I’m amazed people dont see the problem here…. This is a game, omg guys, what the kitten. There is a difference between game and work, and way you talking is more like a skeduled work. Its not unreasonable QQ.
I never complained when i used to raid any evening 5-6 hours, actually was enjoning it (i’m not saying i miss raids, i dont’, i’m here because there are none), but all this is is NOT FUN, not at all, it’s annoying and boring.
Its not like all the people need necessarily something new to achieve in order to feel satisfied. Sometimes I can play even 10 different instances consecutively and never get tired of it, run dailies fractals as well and going for more. The combat system of the game, enjoyment for instances themselves and some good laugh, give me enough satisfaction to dispel the boredom, that’s for sure. (i’d like more instances and better development of fractals still.. and better rewards in general :p). Other way around dont think its even remotely fun to stay there gathering mats to craft bunch of daily components meanwhile my craft is stuck to 450 and i think ‘’omg my next 2 weaks are screwed" – if i log anyday, but if i cant’ uhm…. well -
Moreover it’s a 10% dmg difference so its kinda a ‘’need’, otherwise everyone would feel carried and/or who organizes teams wouldnt carry them ( lets not start with the ’’i’ve never made a fuss about gear" please, because 80% of the players do – unless you are willing to spend 3 hours in a dungeon -).
The game never makes me feel like thers a lack of things to do, honestly its all other way around. Even if i had 5 legendaries would be playing still, but this way feels such as ‘’stick and carrot’’ and when you finally reach ur ’’goal’’ they put other endless grind for some other thing, and it feels like you’re never there. Even I feeel like this sometimes, let alone a casual lol…

OOT: Please anet give us option to thumb down if a post is awful. Ty <3

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

in Crafting

daros.3407

Nicely said. If i would want to play endless carrot on the stick grind i would stick to my previous game(s)
This game was supposed to be free of if and that is the reason why i wanted to play it. What reason i have now? Seriousely they broke all what they promised at the begining so why i should want to play this new grind fest?
I am never bored becouse i have best gear in game, becouse with it i can fully enjoy all content in game i want.
There was farming in this game already but it was mostly about players own choise. You want to be owner of that shiny legendary? Ok farm a little but if you dont want your only disadvatage will be that you character will not look as awsome as those whit it.
Now it is no longer the truth. Now we have to farm to get gear we need to get to good stuff.
,,We dont want players to do boring stuff and grinding to get to good stuff" Those are exact words of Anet employees at the begining of game. Well…..so much for them…

in Crafting

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Actually, it will matter quite a bit. The forum states that there is a 10% increase in the relative stats between an exotic weapon and an ascended one. A 10% increase is not insignificant. Yes, for PvE it doesn’t matter, at least for now, but WvW it will make a difference.

Surely in WvW it will make even less difference than in PvE. WvW is mostly fought in large battles, and a scattering of players on both sides having 10% better in a slot has little overall impact. WvW will still follow the rule of the zerg always wins, unless they meet a very organised guild group.

I am aware of the existence of the six ascended slots, as a matter of fact, it is just those slots that I base my opinion on. I run a mesmer, and started WvW with all exotic gear –
and did ok, maybe, but was getting killed way too much. So, I took a look at the build, and decided that I needed the addition of some ascended items. I added 3 of the six, and I am currently running all exotic gear except for the rings and amulet. Those are now ascended. And the difference has been amazing. I survive, and am able to down opponents, much more effectively with the addition of just 3 ascended pieces.

Maybe you just got better at playing? A few Ascended may take a couple of your stats from 1850 to 1880 or something, it’s not a big enough power gain margin to swing most fights.

Just take a look at the builds posted for the game – how many of the current builds posted don’t use ascended items? Pretty much zero. Why is that, do you think, if they make so little difference?

Well, obviously people put best in slot items on build lists and ascended are best in slot. It doesn’t mean dropping a couple of dozen stat points suddenly makes the build useless.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

in Crafting

Posted by: Chipster.6713

Chipster.6713

I gotta say, as much as I was looking forward to ascended weapons, I am really disappointed with their execution. As a casual player (once or twice a week), I have enjoyed that I don’t have to participate in a gear grind to stay at the peak of the game. Ascended weapons unfortunately have killed that. It will take me months to craft even one ascended weapon at my rate of play, not to mention what it will take in time and resources to outfit several characters with several weapons.

Say what? We finally have something to play for. There’s been nothing except doing dailys for laurels. About time that some serious end game goals came to place. You can still play the game the same way you always did, except now you have a higher goal when doing dungeons, champion farms etc.
The game definetly needed a boost like this, since there was really no way to upgrade your character, nor anything really to play for. I was about to quit out of sheer boredom, that my character could no longer be upgraded except for laurel gear.
I welcome this change with open arms and I can’t wait for ascended armor to kick in as well !!

in Crafting

Chipster.6713

,,We dont want players to do boring stuff and grinding to get to good stuff" Those are exact words of Anet employees at the begining of game. Well…..so much for them…

If you keep doing the stuff that you used to, you will eventually end up having everything you need for an ascended weapon. It’s not the sort of grind where you farm fire elementals for 3 weeks straight and nothing else. You can still do dungeons, WvW and everything else while having a higher goal in mind.

World bosses were left alone during the champ buff, but now they’re being downed again because people need the mats from them. It’s an exellent way to make sure that the playerbase will keep everything active instead of just sticking with champ farm.

in Crafting

daros.3407

If you keep doing the stuff that you used to, you will eventually end up having everything you need for an ascended weapon. It’s not the sort of grind where you farm fire elementals for 3 weeks straight and nothing else. You can still do dungeons, WvW and everything else while having a higher goal in mind.

World bosses were left alone during the champ buff, but now they’re being downed again because people need the mats from them. It’s an exellent way to make sure that the playerbase will keep everything active instead of just sticking with champ farm.

There are much more better ways how they could add ascended weapons and that is the problem. They chose worst style: Framing and grinding. Crafting weapons themself is not the that big problem….still is small, but to lvl profession from 400 to 500 is horrible.

(edited by daros.3407)

in Crafting

Chipster.6713

There are much more better ways how they could add ascended weapons and that is the problem. They chose worst style: Framing and grinding. Crafting weapons themself is not the that big problem….still is small, but to lvl profession from 400 to 500 is horrible.

They’ve reset the discovery of exotic items. That should easen things up.. But think of it this way: Every step you take is getting you closer to your ascended weapon. You can’t just rush it. This will also make that item more special to you when you finally equip and wield it.

in Crafting

daros.3407

They’ve reset the discovery of exotic items. That should easen things up.. But think of it this way: Every step you take is getting you closer to your ascended weapon. You can’t just rush it. This will also make that item more special to you when you finally equip and wield it.

It is not about time it is about resources :-) 150g+/- is just too much for 100lvls of one profession.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

What did we learn? Everything a ANet Dev says is proably not the full truth. Leaving the grind to other MMOs. Sure thing. Grindy games are fun, this is work.
I crafed stuff. Oh, i crafted stuff again. Mmh, I crafted stuff again. That’s supposed to be fun, I guess. I want to swing my sword again!

in Crafting

Posted by: Senticon.3452

Senticon.3452

Whatever anyone says, Ascended weapons are the MUST for every high level
character, now I’ve been playing this game for awhile, I’m not once felt like I
was forced to do something I don’t really want, like grinding, but with the new
update everything suddenly changed. I have FULL ascended trinkets on my main
character, and almost full on another, that wasn’t easy, but prices and everything
were VERY reasonable, but now I have to pay about 200g to up my ONE prof. 400-500
not saying I have EVERY prof. up for 400, each cost me just 10g and some karma, and
now I have to pay 600g!!! if I want each to 500? What kind of bullcrap is that?

Not saying how much should I grind, 600 Ancient Wood, and 400 Ori Ore + 100 Globs,
just for Artificer? How am I supposed to play game now? Every time I log-in, I feel
like only thing left to do for me is stupid farm and I just logging out. This is kitten
stupid. I can’t afford to gear up my main character, but I can’t even imagine, how
badly screwed players with multiple characters…

I guess only thing I have left is to give up this game and find new one, with less grind,
it was a reason why I got GW2 in first place, and now this game just like others grinder
MMOs… Too frustrating.

in Crafting

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

If you are so casual, then why do you need it now? The minimal increase in stats matter only in hardcore runs and addional AR would be needed only on 50+ fotm lvls.
Also, prices are sick now, because many ppl jumped on it. Just use your brain and sell mats, wait month then buy them again for 1/4 of current price.

Also, when I see someone comparing GW2 to any “grindy” MMOs, I strongly doubt if such person even played them or if is serious.

in Crafting

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

People keep saying grind/casual but give no clear solutions or a clear picture of what they see as just having fun compared to work/grind.

From what I read.

Orr events, dungeons, dailies, jumping puzzles = Grind. What exactly can Arena Net do that you would think…oh ascended weapons amazing. (minus the fact to get rid of them, moot arguement seeing they have been mentioned in the past and in game)

Do you just need to hit pretty button?
Maybe a challenging dungeon with a special anvil at the bottom to morph your exotic gear into ascended?

Give suggestions, it is like that old commerical where people go eww there is trash on the ground and then walk right by it.

On a side note: I don’t feel ascended is a grind but it is difficult to engage in conversations when it is just complaints with no idea of suggestions.

in Crafting

daros.3407

People keep saying grind/casual but give no clear solutions or a clear picture of what they see as just having fun compared to work/grind.

From what I read.

Orr events, dungeons, dailies, jumping puzzles = Grind. What exactly can Arena Net do that you would think…oh ascended weapons amazing. (minus the fact to get rid of them, moot arguement seeing they have been mentioned in the past and in game)

Do you just need to hit pretty button?
Maybe a challenging dungeon with a special anvil at the bottom to morph your exotic gear into ascended?

Give suggestions, it is like that old commerical where people go eww there is trash on the ground and then walk right by it.

On a side note: I don’t feel ascended is a grind but it is difficult to engage in conversations when it is just complaints with no idea of suggestions.

You can see first post here. There is suggestion.

in Crafting

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Thank you Daros. I did miss that.

in Crafting

Senticon.3452

Ascended weapons aren’t minimal stats increase, as I said, it’s a must for high lvl character, and you don’t do Fractals lvl1 in such state. You want to be on par with everyone else, and not burden to your party with exotics. For that you have to grind for months and so on.

I see only logical solution here: decrease amount of mats for prof. up to 500,
make it adequate. To get Ecto Globs, you need to salvage Rares with atleast Mystic
Kit, Rares are pretty rare to drop, and too expensive to buy big amount on TP,
plus Globs don’t drop from each salavaged. Ancient Wood trees are very few, same
for Ori veins, you have to spend insane ammounts of time getting about 600 (just for
lvlup, not actual crafting) ores or woods. Decrease Dragonite ore and Empyreal Shards to atleast 250, because most characters use 2-4 weapons + underwater ones, not saying about alts. And mats like Ancient Woods, Ori Ores or Ectos were NEVER cheap on TP, and never will be.

Just put it all together, and you will get insane grinding game picture, that ridiculously
happened with just one sick update. Very kittened one…

(edited by Senticon.3452)

in Crafting

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

They said they would have never put treadmill, a lovely lie, end of the story, such as ‘’we dont ’do grindy games’‘.
I have pretty much all that i wanted till now(included one legendary), but fact I must play things such as world events and stuff which aint dungeons and have to get timewise a better reward just doing those rather than run a full dungeon…well… kinda sad, what you think?
I might be old for this ’’new’’ way of intend contents but we loved games where actually we got better rewards for doing proper instances.
Here is like, the reward is proportional to: running around doing events taggin mobs with autoattack and speculations over auctions/crafting… Just what the kitten?
Who doesnt play the game (’’play’’ meant as use ur in-game combat skills) get better reward than who plays it? Are u kidding me?
I dont discriminate ppl who loves such stuff BUT at least give to us more rewards for the proper stuff -.-
Thi is becoming the arch-nemesis of players like me that always loved the instances world and screw the rest.

This update to me sounds like a major turn off, i dont want to camp Orr (e.g. dragonite) all the day long. somebody said: " Its easy , its max 5 mega events!" yeah dear, but you have to be there tracking them and for ppl that doesnt have all day long but logs just in the evening – even on daily basis – can be not that immediate and its not given for granted the ’’x’’ event will happen anytime soon.
To not mention those time gated components and the stock of oris, ecto and ancient wood involved… For a casual its like ‘’okay, i’ll get one prolly past 2 months minimum."

The first ascended stuff been introduced with Fractals and should have been related to there ( althought I agree it’s nice and fine for those who actually plays majorly WvW having an equivalent trade for that reward as well) , just content developed and upgrated. Instead we are stuck at max 50, with no (legit) progress and small reward compared to what you can gather in one Scarlet Invasion. All the ascended gear acquisition is split in too many ways, too many curriencies ( that other nice idea of Guild Missions.. Dont’ even want to get started on that..), and, if it wasnt’ enough, Anet wants to introduce ascended armor soon..
Dear Anet, I hope you’re going to release the armor with a less annoying way than what you have done for weapons because otherwise i think only you lovely devs will play your own game, not us for sure. People dont ‘want an endless grind. Less currencies, no time gating, rewards related to proper instances (and+or wvw accomplisments), and if you really wants to make crafting that useful, releases craftable precursors ( not on same basis of ascended, thanks.)
I know all those kids who have no idea about what Daoc was or those who like the ’’pay to win’’ way to just look shiney, surely are not going to concern. but they are not the majority of your customers…yet…
My 2 cents.

I quote all, word by word.

A new weapon tier without any new content doable just with craft with time gating is… meh there’s no words to describe that sigh

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in Crafting

Chipster.6713

character, and almost full on another, that wasn’t easy, but prices and everything
were VERY reasonable, but now I have to pay about 200g to up my ONE prof. 400-500
not saying I have EVERY prof. up for 400, each cost me just 10g and some karma, and

Not saying how much should I grind, 600 Ancient Wood, and 400 Ori Ore + 100 Globs,
just for Artificer? How am I supposed to play game now? Every time I log-in, I feel
like only thing left to do for me is stupid farm and I just logging out. This is kitten
stupid. I can’t afford to gear up my main character, but I can’t even imagine, how

I guess only thing I have left is to give up this game and find new one, with less grind,
it was a reason why I got GW2 in first place, and now this game just like others grinder
MMOs… Too frustrating.

So you want to play an MMORPG where there ois no grind? Good luck with that. Even the casual game that is WoW has grinds in it. There you have to enchant and gem every item you get.

Ascended weapons are to be considered a long time goal, just like legendaries. If your goal isn’t to get one of those items, then you’re better off playing Tetris or Super Mario..

in Crafting

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So you want to play an MMORPG where there ois no grind? Good luck with that.

But it was the game GW 2 was promised to be.

Ascended weapons are to be considered a long time goal, just like legendaries. If your goal isn’t to get one of those items, then you’re better off playing Tetris or Super Mario..

Why do we need long term goals apart from legendaries in a game where we get significant new content every 2 weeks.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Depends what you call grind …

For me that means you repeat the same content hundreds of times. That’s not the case here. The new items and how you make them are obtained through various different activities.

YES … it’s alot of things to do to get them, but it’s all different.

On the other hand, if you interpreted ‘no grind’ as ‘Anet just gives away BiS loot’, that’s just dumb.

in Crafting

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Silly argument? Then you never run fractals. Do you even know what is ar limit for trinkets? And do you know what AR you need to do 50+ fractal?
Trinket limit is not enough to do 50lvl fractal. Weapons will allow us to do 50 to 58/59.

And what casual player that plays 2 days per week does lvl 50 fractals? Next time read whole post instead going rage reply same second you seen word silly…

in Crafting

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

My 2 cents.

I quote everything, but let’s be realistic, just look at the exchange rate gems / gold and see how much money has made Anet by introducing just a few weapons with ugly skins.

Why create a game where you have to pay fee, when you can create gold sync and sell gold directly to players?

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

in Crafting

daros.3407

And what casual player that plays 2 days per week does lvl 50 fractals? Next time read whole post instead going rage reply same second you seen word silly…

I dont belive your doubts that is all. After year there is surely great number of casual players running hight fractals.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Say what? We finally have something to play for. There’s been nothing except doing dailys for laurels. About time that some serious end game goals came to place. You can still play the game the same way you always did, except now you have a higher goal when doing dungeons, champion farms etc.
The game definetly needed a boost like this, since there was really no way to upgrade your character, nor anything really to play for. I was about to quit out of sheer boredom, that my character could no longer be upgraded except for laurel gear.
I welcome this change with open arms and I can’t wait for ascended armor to kick in as well !!

Why did you buy this game? You know going in that there was no progression besides cosmetic. The game did not need any of this. They could have kept bringing out content, new areas to explore, etc etc. Not a gear grind.
Always amazes me why people bought this game know there would be no gear progression and yet complained about it then to get their way. They will lose more than they gain from this.

in Crafting

Posted by: Alphard.4308

Alphard.4308

Is it just me or anyone else see this as Anet’s way of getting people to buy more gems? I mean I understand they gotta make a living and bring home the bacon, but I feel like the ascended weapons system directly contradicts their initial concern about gear grinding.

I can’t understand why they couldnt go the way of ascended trinkets, with laurels and guild commendations – that seems more organic and fair for everyone who do not like pve contents.

in Crafting

Senticon.3452

MMOs… Too frustrating.

So you want to play an MMORPG where there ois no grind? Good luck with that. Even the casual game that is WoW has grinds in it. There you have to enchant and gem every item you get.

LoL, WoW is actually non-stop grindfest, anyone with bit of sanity abandoned this game long ago, there you have nothing to do but grind, and I won’t post here how much hundreds of hours you need just to get best gear for your one character…

You absolutely missing the point, Legendaries are long-term cosmetic goal, just to show-off how cool you are (for some ppl anyway), exotics before this update were almost the same in stats as there were legendaries, and now they introduced ascended, boosted stats of legendaries along with it, and made it as alternative, just for those who needs stats for successfull runs in high level dungeons and etc. Skins are very ugly and if I would get one ascended, I’ll have to use transmutation crystal on it to make it look as I want, ppl don’t use crystals on legendaries lol.
Now how can anyone with a bit wit in his head go along with this:
almost any profession 0-400 – max of 10-15g, considering you don’t have tons of
mats in bank (anyway if are U poor, farming those is very easy).
almost any profession 400-500 – 200g. You honestly don’t see overwhelming stupidity
and greed in that?…

You also say this: “So you want to play an MMORPG where there ois no grind? Good luck with that.”
But why I never had any grind or farming need before this one update?
Game was purely without-any-grind, as Anet claimed at launch, but in one day
they changed everything… If you can get along with this BS, good look, be another
cash cow for Anet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Xamon.5783

Xamon.5783

Why can’t you “with a bit wit” in your head understand that Ascended gear is what exotics were meant to be. The only reason you didn’t have to work towards exotics is AN screwed up at the start underestimating farmers, so by the time you got your char to 80 they were cheap.
You are not suppose to have it right away!
Also, it happens that I like the skins on most Asc weapons so guess what, people have different tastes…
I’m glad they did it this way and I hope they do a lot more content similar way.
And as for those cash cows, well they are the reason you and me are still able to play this game so show some kitten respect.

in Crafting

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

ArenaNet have said that what Ascended gear is now, was what exotics were supposed to be, but it didn’t end up that way at all. Exotics were far to easy to craft and/or acquire. Now, with Ascended weapons, you have to put some real work into crafting them.

If you are a casual player this gear is not for you. You won’t have the time to grind the mats needed and you won’t have a need for the gear in the first place.

Casual players aren’t running high level fractals and dungeon speed runs. They don’t min/max every little thing. We could debate what’s “casual” but this is how I see it. You’re welcome to disagree. But it seems to me ArenaNet wants these to be difficult to craft and if you’re not the kind of player who can do that, then you don’t get to complain about not having this gear. That’s like saying you deserve to have easy access to raiding gear even though you don’t have the time to raid in other games.

The obstacle is the path.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Even a casual player has access to these game elements … people are just being sensational. The ‘grind’ here is simply a matter of playing the game. I think the spoiled brat that twist the idea of what ‘grind’ actually means either a) have a very selective memory or b) have no clue what a true grind means.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Senticon.3452

ArenaNet have said that what Ascended gear is now, was what exotics were supposed to be, but it didn’t end up that way at all. Exotics were far to easy to craft and/or acquire. Now, with Ascended weapons, you have to put some real work into crafting them.

If you are a casual player this gear is not for you. You won’t have the time to grind the mats needed and you won’t have a need for the gear in the first place.

Casual players aren’t running high level fractals and dungeon speed runs. They don’t min/max every little thing. We could debate what’s “casual” but this is how I see it. You’re welcome to disagree. But it seems to me ArenaNet wants these to be difficult to craft and if you’re not the kind of player who can do that, then you don’t get to complain about not having this gear. That’s like saying you deserve to have easy access to raiding gear even though you don’t have the time to raid in other games.

LoL, no, they just want your money.
I was buying gems from Anet without hesitation for things like Name Changer,
Appearance Kits, Transmutation Crystals, because those were my choices, just cosmetics, without any advantage at my side. Now, if I pay for gems, I’ll get crazy exchange rate, so I just can buy off mats from TP, and up all my professions in day 1. Getting Dragonite and Empyreal won’t be hard + 2 weeks for transmutations, but it’s still farming.
So Anet actually says this: pay me money and be help to your party = have fun,
don’t pay me money, and you won’t play game, you’ll just farm. Anyway that’s how
I see it, and, I guess, most of those who posted here.
I won’t pay for this to Anet just on principle, that means no sense in playing this
game further.

(edited by Senticon.3452)

in Crafting

Posted by: scinder.8315

scinder.8315

EVERY game will be a grind if you pull the ‘OMG I need it now argument’. Try playing the game without trying to rush through everything in one day.

I haven’t even started looking at crafting yet and the patch has been out for most of a week. I’ll start by slowly doing the normal world activities and level it gradually, while continuing to play the game as I normally would do. No grind at all for me.