1 year since the last dungeon..

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Someone just made me aware of when the last dungeon was released. 1 YEAR AGO.

personally I find that no new dungeons in a year isn’t good at all. Why is this? Have Anet looked at the stats and found that only a very small percentage actually run dungeons? Maybe its the elitism that scares people away? Is it the constant posts from people saying they don’t want to be forced to group with others to complete content that have discouraged Anet from making more? Perhaps they are spending time trying to fix the ones they already have?

Personally I only complete dungeons maybe 3-4 times a week, but I do like the variety in gameplay. It would be nice to see some more.

Posted by: Arrow.6385

Arrow.6385

Anet doesnt care about the players, they only care about ways to nerf farms and ways to make gold, so they can earn more money with the gemstore…. And now a lot of people is gonna say “buuuuhhhh anet is awesome anet is great” yeah sure, havent seen any improvement or anything new on the game for a while! Gw 1 had a lot of dlc, this game exists for already 2 years and no dlc at all…. 0 improvement….

Posted by: Taury.7108

Taury.7108

buuuuhhhh anet is awesome anet is great

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Dungeons are basically the main reason I keep playing. And believe me I play much less because the game doesn’t progress towards end-game :S

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Yes to new dungeons

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I dont care if its a dungeon or not – we need new 5 player challenges. In Season 1 of the LS, this was present in the form of things like Molten Facility, Aetherblade Retreat, the Scarlett instance in the Pavillion, the Canach/Golem fight cave in Southsun and the trials during the election. While none of these were permanent, they were important because they kept 5-player groups engaged.

The new living story model doesnt seem to include anything like these instances.

Personally, I would like to see them add one 5-player mini-instance alongside each biweekly release they are doing with the main living story instances in November. Make them short and challenging – and at the end of the season, pull them all together and drop them in as a new fractal. That way, we have constant new 5-player content just as were getting the single player content now.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Personally, I would like to see them add one 5-player mini-instance alongside each biweekly release they are doing with the main living story instances in November. Make them short and challenging – and at the end of the season, pull them all together and drop them in as a new fractal. That way, we have constant new 5-player content just as were getting the single player content now.

Stop making sense.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

I dont care if its a dungeon or not – we need new 5 player challenges. In Season 1 of the LS, this was present in the form of things like Molten Facility, Aetherblade Retreat, the Scarlett instance in the Pavillion, the Canach/Golem fight cave in Southsun and the trials during the election. While none of these were permanent, they were important because they kept 5-player groups engaged.

The new living story model doesnt seem to include anything like these instances.

But than people would complain that they have to play with others … :/

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

A new dungeon would be nice, but would take a lot of their resources to do it, id prefer they used what they already have and make hardcore versions of the current dungeons. A couple new powerful attacks, more hp… maybe little more damage, they already do some decent damage though Lol… And telegraphs, cause telegraphs are awesome o-o throw in a small texture change to the current weapon and armor for hardcore version rewards. Bam, lots of new challenging content, uses less company resources, and players can show off and brag about the hardcore mode armor after braving the content.

Meh, even a title to show off might be fine, as long as the gold is better than normal, id do those over the normal version.

(edited by Depths.4051)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I feel that ANet really goofed by not making the Molten Facility and Aetherblade Retreat dungeons not permanent. Having them chopped up and converted into Fractals was only a half-hearted solution. The good news is that we may see them back in their full glory one day when LS1 gets re-released.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

At 4:15 you can hear them talk about how hardmode is definitely off the table and new dungeons are most likely never going to happen.

Maybe a few new fractals if we’re extremely lucky… maybe…

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

The annoying thing is that with the new way of doing LS a new set of dungeons could easily be implemented. With permanent content something like the Molten Facility could have been kept as a permanent story dungeon. I would love to think that LS will take us to a new dungeon and add paths every couple of months, but it looks like it’s off the table for a while at least.

Given that we have only seen eight chapters of LS in nine months this year I can’t see them devoting more resources to dungeons any time soon.

Posted by: Aebrams.3946

Aebrams.3946

Ya… this is pretty much the reason I quit. I love the mechanics of this game, but no new dungeon content that shows end-game progression is awful.

There are a lot of games that offer the “end-game” PvE progression.. but most are built on terrible systems. WoW, Rift, SW:TOR… they’re all bad mechanically.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Yes to dungeons. Yes to party challenges.

One thing I’d like to see personally is party challenges like fighting all the queen’s gauntlet bosses at the same time or a less zerg-dependent version of the final fight against Scarlet’s holograms.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

GW1:
“I’ve done The Deep-Hard Mode yesterday”
“Gz mate, good job”

GW2:
“I’ve done Cof p3 yday”
“Did you get something good?”
“1g”

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

GW1:
“I’ve done The Deep-Hard Mode yesterday”
“Gz mate, good job”

GW2:
“I’ve done fotm 50 yday”
“Did you get something good?”
“Nothing”

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Anet doesnt care about the players

Look around at how many players do dungeons regularly. Then randomly follow the world boss train.

Anet “cares” (because even then, that word is too strong) for the type of content most likely to be played.
So something like creating a new farm zone.
But a new dungeon that only a fraction of players will regularly do ? meh.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I love the Aetherpath dungeon. I run it as often as I can get a group. To me, it feels like what most dungeons should.

It has one major flaw, imo, though. It’s too long given the punishing/unforgiving nature of the fights. Five players who have never done it can spend hours getting to the clockheart to give up in frustration on the last fight.

That said, the Clockheart, Sparki/Slick and Ship Captain are three of the best designed fights in the game. If they were in stand alone 5 player story instances, they would be very popular and fun encounters. A group could spend time focusing on one fun fight instead of grinding through the dungeon to get to them.

How does this pertain to this topic? See my post above about wanting smaller 5 man instances more often. If the living story releases included just one 5 player instance with fights ranging in difficulty between the Tower of Nightmare endboss and the Clockheart, they would be extremely popular, even without a reward of any kind (but there should be a reward – on par with the bags we get from the current living story content ).

And, at the end of the season, that same work would make for a great addition to fractals.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Someone just made me aware of when the last dungeon was released. 1 YEAR AGO.

personally I find that no new dungeons in a year isn’t good at all. Why is this? Have Anet looked at the stats and found that only a very small percentage actually run dungeons? Maybe its the elitism that scares people away? Is it the constant posts from people saying they don’t want to be forced to group with others to complete content that have discouraged Anet from making more? Perhaps they are spending time trying to fix the ones they already have?

Personally I only complete dungeons maybe 3-4 times a week, but I do like the variety in gameplay. It would be nice to see some more.

i don’t know, i have this weird feeling that they started to either work on guild wars 3 or a new expansion pack about 2-3 months ago

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

buuuuhhhh anet is awesome anet is great

Anet doesnt care about the players.

I’m contributing, right?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Anet doesnt care about the players

Look around at how many players do dungeons regularly. Then randomly follow the world boss train.

Anet “cares” (because even then, that word is too strong) for the type of content most likely to be played.
So something like creating a new farm zone.
But a new dungeon that only a fraction of players will regularly do ? meh.

There’s a flaw in that kind of test. Many players who play the game for different reasons (WvW, Dungeons, PVP) may jump into world bosses because of the easy rewards they can get while continuing to chat or even be tabbed out of the game. That’s what these kind of metrics fail to adjust for. Same with living world, I do it, but for nothing more than wasting time. Why was dry top hugely popular initially? because it was an amazing farm, now that it’s nerfed it’s much less so.

Their metrics are failing them because they don’t take into account what the people want, simply what they do.

That said, I have no doubt dungeons are a small percentage of the population, but it’s still a lot of people. I think the overinflated metrics that ANet has make it seem like other areas are less popular than they really are, going from a percentage to negligable amounts. THis is why they really have shown no interest in truly fixing many areas of the game and instead put all their manpower into the fringe ideas that people jump in because it’s just something to stave off the boredom.

I have no doubt ANet sees dungeons as a flop and has no intention of actually giving them any real amount of attention past some people to throw a little hope to keep players playing. By the time they do add another dungeon what’s left of the dungeon population will be so dwindled they’ll be right in thinking there’s no point.

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

ATM this game is realy boring, i still playing it only for my guildmate and friends, nothing new in the last year, i done hobby dungeon achiv 830 time!!! so doing dungeon is only a extremly boring things now, i feel like this game is dying

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If no effort is spend on dungeons how can they expect them to be popular?

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Just like Charr armour. Anet did a kittenty job at making armour for Charr in a game which focuses on aesthetics. When most people don’t play Charr specifically because of the lazy job on armour, Anet then claims that there is no reason to spend time on Charr armour because not many people use it.

This might be Anet’s reasoning for Medium armour trenchcoats and the lack of swimsuits even though everyone has been inquiring about these things. The metrics, graphs and charts say that everyone’s wearing trenchcoats and no one’s wearing swim suits!

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Just like Charr armour. Anet did a kittenty job at making armour for Charr in a game which focuses on aesthetics. When most people don’t play Charr specifically because of the lazy job on armour, Anet then claims that there is no reason to spend time on Charr armour because not many people use it.

This might be Anet’s reasoning for Medium armour trenchcoats and the lack of swimsuits even though everyone has been inquiring about these things. The metrics, graphs and charts say that everyone’s wearing trenchcoats and no one’s wearing swim suits!

I know that the armor clippings are terrible, but I don’t agree with the bolded statement because I’m fairly certain that most people tend to pick characters/races that are more relatable— human classes always are the most popular on games and I think I’ve heard more people whine about charr animations and being too bulky/kitten when doing jumping puzzles than anything else. Same with norns, haha.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)