10 man dungeon runs.

10 man dungeon runs.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: choyaxmd.6102

choyaxmd.6102

Suggestion to at least make a 10 man guild dungeon run minimum of 5 bosses per dungeon.. which would definitely attract players into the the endgame scene..
Fractals are severely limited in terms of player experience as it is always 5 man .. not entirely different from present dungeon.
This game needs a dungeon that can at least get a team oriented experience and you can always inject some lore into it.
Reason behind 10 man runs is that you can divide players into role specific spots to help kill a boss because stacking is becoming redundant.
The current zerker meta build is becoming annoyingly common some gw2 players are notorious for not dodging red circles.
And please no tank and spank bosses.
Thank you for your time.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I would like to see something like that, like the Urgoz’s Warren and The Deep in GW1.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

What GW2 really could use, is variety designs for mobs, not just mobs that melts in 1-3 seconds under berserker DPS build groups.

99% of content are not supposed to melt in 1-3 seconds under 1 build, never.

Of course, you should be able to complete dungeons with any build, but atleast it’d be nice if using any build has potential to create results to match equally every other build in 100% of PvE content, and not limit 99% of the mobs for full berserker DPS builds, and give other builds just 1%.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

The elite dungeons in GW1 were so well made. You could have fun either with a complete noob team or a speed-clear team. Gone are those fun days…

Been there, done that. What’s next?

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

What GW2 really could use, is variety designs for mobs, not just mobs that melts in 1-3 seconds under berserker DPS build groups.

Of course, you should be able to complete dungeons with any build, but atleast it’d be nice if using any build has potential to create results to match equally every other build in 100% of PvE content, and not limit 99% of the mobs for full berserker DPS builds, and give other builds just 1%.

It comes from bad mob design, for instance will you ever see a hammer warrior in a dungeon, no, bcz dps sucks and mobs are stupid enough to come stack right into your dps.

Look at the new beetle mob design (dry top), it forces you to either stand in front or cc it to flip so that your team can dps.
Soloing those mobs (specially an elite can cost a zerker’s life since to attack, you have to withstand an attack too).
You will have to be smart and take out your hammer, swap to something else to dps. Hopefully they do something interesting with (hopefully) future dungeons, game needs new stuff and not reworked old stuff.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Bigger isn’t better.
- Groups take longer to form
- Have more kicks, afks, disconnections
- More group politics
- Less appealing to casuals
- Less personal contribution towards the outcome
- More graphics flare and visual confusion
- Probably little extra game play that could not be done with 5 people.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

I really just want to see 8 man groups make a come back. With instances that scale to the number of people you have in a party. Its been done successfully in the past, don’t see why it isn’t be done now other then “we have to do it the WoW way” mentality. Even GW1 had 8 man groups, why are now limited to 5 instead? Why can we not have 8 and scaling dungeons?

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

It won’t attract any more players aside from those already doing dungeons and maybe FotM.

Those who don’t like 5-man dungeons are probably not going to like having to play with 9 other players.

And zerker gear will still be king. If you know how to dodge and use your skills, you don’t need to drag on a fight by sacrificing damage for survivability. What role is there that really needs to rely on something other than zerker to work and be worth it ?

Even GW1 had 8 man groups, why are now limited to 5 instead? Why can we not have 8 and scaling dungeons?

Because Anet saw that their GW1 playerbase didn’t like having to party with 7 others. Especially with all the QQ to be able to have 7 heroes. So in order to please their then playerbase, they decided to lower the party size.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Use your actual favourite PHIW build. Win.

Luckily its not even true.

I’m sure you can complete the content with every build. Whats your problem? Apart from being ignorant, PHIW and hurt at the rear bottom?

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The elite dungeons in GW1 were so well made. You could have fun either with a complete noob team or a speed-clear team. Gone are those fun days…

No they weren’t. They were a mixed group that got worse as the game aged.

FoW was fun. Sorrows Furnace and Tomb of Kings were fun.

UW was overly punishing in its first room until new skills broke it, but I guess it was ok.

Urgoz and the Deep were boring to run more than once. PvE on rails.

Domain of Anguish was more of the same but worse. Plus it was long and if anybody disconnected, the run was screwed.

The Gwen Dungeons were grindy and unrewarding,

After a certain point, the “difficulty” was ramped up, but that didn’t mean things got difficult, just that only pre made groups with proper builds could reliably complete the content, which just killed replay ability because they restricted how you could play the content.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

FOW – UW – Urgoz – The Deep – Why can’t we have these?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

10 man dungeon runs.

Dalanor.5387

FOW – UW – Urgoz – The Deep – Why can’t we have these?

Because GW1 still runs and it’s still free and you can go back whenever you like.
ba dumm tss

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I think they have given up on content like that altogether. And with good reason. In the zerg events, bad players don´t stand out really, there is no blame and shame. In coordinated group activities, anet´s precious unskilled players (often wrongly referred to as “casuals”) will be in for a lot of QQ. This will not happen.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Rem.9627

Rem.9627

You know I’ve watched people STAND STILL and not move…not because of zerker gear…because they dont know how to play. I am sorry I dislike the casual player base, they may be supporting this game, but they are simultaneously making this game easier and less mentally engaging than a 24/hr sesame street marathon.

Therefore we have this dynamic with our community:
When somethings too easy people complain… When somethings too hard people complain.
When people like me want to see other things to do BESIDES standing around in cities, we get told no by people whom this new content wouldn’t obviously affect.
Maybe it would because they would be jealous that there was content that they FINALLY couldn’t get.
I for one would love 8-10 man duns, I have enough close friends in game who are more skilled than 90% of this _________ playerbase. (Choose your own word.)
Why does everyone have an aversion to working with a team IN A MMO!? Do you know how counter intuitive this sounds? “Maybe this game isnt right for YOU!” —-ha see what I did thar?

/rant over.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Please first remade the dungeons and /or make new ones that need more group coordination (need, not like you may coordinate to get a smoother run).

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Copy paste Two Imbued Flame Shaman ( one of the best designed GW2 bosses – stacking doesn’t work, can’t melee face roll etc) on a bigger map, add more AoEs, make it 10 player.
Add scales.
Let the less skilled play easy.
Less the more skilled play hard.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Copy paste Two Imbued Flame Shaman ( one of the best designed GW2 bosses – stacking doesn’t work, can’t melee face roll etc) on a bigger map, add more AoEs, make it 10 player.
Add scales.
Let the less skilled play easy.
Less the more skilled play hard.

i actually beg to differ, stacking works well against that boss. If you stack refects and group up, the higher chance that the elemental will attack you which is behind a reflect wall. Reflects does help overall dps.

10 man dungeon runs.

FrostSpectre.4198

It comes from bad mob design, for instance will you ever see a hammer warrior in a dungeon, no, bcz dps sucks and mobs are stupid enough to come stack right into your dps.

Look at the new beetle mob design (dry top), it forces you to either stand in front or cc it to flip so that your team can dps.
Soloing those mobs (specially an elite can cost a zerker’s life since to attack, you have to withstand an attack too).
You will have to be smart and take out your hammer, swap to something else to dps. Hopefully they do something interesting with (hopefully) future dungeons, game needs new stuff and not reworked old stuff.

Well, hammer has pitiful damage, since 99% of mobs use universal design that makes them vulnerable to Direct dmg DPS builds with Berserker.

Why use hammer, when GS does better, why use conditions, since 99% of mobs have no resistance against Direct Dmg?

If the mobs would have more stat variety, it won’t be a problem with Hammer, you can still smash the foe with it and deal good damage and Control the mob in the same time, without being overshadowed by Direct Dmg DPS

But no, mobs have to melt in 1-3 seconds with direct dmg berserker, this doesn’t create situation where Control and Support truly matter: Long duration combat scenario.

The Giant beetles are example of good design, that should have been there since the beginning, one cannot go full berserker and kill them by just standing infront of them and spam skills. Control skills actually have targets, instead of being all saved for the 1% of all mobs in GW2, although the Beetles do fall into the 1% when looking at rest of GW2 mobs…

Instead, we have these mobs that just melt 1-3 seconds, are just trash mobs, and the only mobs that truly are a threat and thus best targets for Hammer attacks, are the 1%.
This goes for other builds that are not Direct Dmg DPS, which are all good for long duration combat scenarios, which don’t exist, since you can melt mobs with Direct Dmg DPS builds.

We don’t have that, 2/3 builds are pretty much useless for 99% of PvE, limited to the 1% of PvE content, since Direct Dmg DPS builds will othervise melt mobs in 1-3 seconds in 100% of PvE content…

Problem would be fixed, if there weren’t mobs that consist 99% of PvE, which melt in 1-3 seconds against Direct Dmg DPS builds…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Instead, we have these mobs that just melt 1-3 seconds, are just trash mobs, and the only mobs that truly are a threat and thus best targets for Hammer attacks, are the 1%.
This goes for other builds that are not Direct Dmg DPS, which are all good for long duration combat scenarios.

We don’t have that, 2/3 builds are pretty much useless for 99% of PvE, limited to the 1% of PvE content, since Direct Dmg DPS builds will melt those mobs in 1-3 seconds in 100% of PvE content…

Problem would be fixed, if there weren’t these unfair advantages given to 1 type of DPS builds…

sometimes I wonder why anet doesnt try to truely create trash mobs. Bascially, mobs that is really worthless and easy to kill, but taunts you enough that you should control them but somewhat ignore them. This game has a 3 lives mechanics via the down state.

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

10 man dungeon runs.

Dalanor.5387

stuff

Or how about stop ranting, take a deep breath and think for 1-3 seconds.
Off hand mace has the same duration stun (though not an area effect, just in straight line) as a hammer and you can deal better damage with your main hand axe. Win win.
PHIW’s should understand that the game has 3 different game modes with 3 different type of encounters and enemies which requires different aproaches. Some stuff is better here and other ones are better there. Think. Not successful 100% of the time but only takes 1-3 seconds.

Also no one forces you to not use a hammer in your party apart from meta oriented groups of course, so you can stun your way through the content while your team mates deal the damage.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Well, hammer has pitiful damage, since 99% of mobs use universal design that makes them vulnerable to Direct dmg DPS builds with Berserker.

Why use hammer, when GS does better, why use conditions, since 99% of mobs have no resistance against Direct Dmg?

If the mobs would have more stat variety, it won’t be a problem with Hammer, you can still smash the foe with it and deal good damage and Control the mob in the same time, without being overshadowed by Direct Dmg DPS

But no, mobs have to melt in 1-3 seconds with direct dmg berserker, this doesn’t create situation where Control and Support truly matter: Long duration combat scenario.

The Giant beetles are example of good design, that should have been there since the beginning, one cannot go full berserker and kill them by just standing infront of them and spam skills. Control skills actually have targets, instead of being all saved for the 1% of all mobs in GW2, although the Beetles do fall into the 1% when looking at rest of GW2 mobs…

This goes for other builds that are not Direct Dmg DPS, which are all good for long duration combat scenarios, which don’t exist, since you can melt mobs with Direct Dmg DPS builds.

We don’t have that, 2/3 builds are pretty much useless for 99% of PvE, limited to the 1% of PvE content, since Direct Dmg DPS builds will othervise melt mobs in 1-3 seconds in 100% of PvE content…

Problem would be fixed, if there weren’t mobs that consist 99% of PvE, which melt in 1-3 seconds against Direct Dmg DPS builds…

Or how about because you can still have support and control while in a full dps set? I still think you want certain builds or gear sets to be required, which would be bad for the game. You consistently refuse to accept that zerk geared players can provide all the support, control, and DPS for all PVE fights in the game. The current game type is the only one in which nearly all PVE content can be completed by every build/gear set without requiring the need for one specific set.

Edit: Perhaps you are looking for interdependence within a group, whereas this game is promoting independence. I know myself, I joined this game because of the fact of the independence that your character has on it’s own.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

10 man dungeon runs.

FrostSpectre.4198

Or how about because you can still have support and control while in a full dps set? I still think you want certain builds or gear sets to be required, which would be bad for the game. You consistently refuse to accept that zerk geared players can provide all the support, control, and DPS for all PVE fights in the game. The current game type is the only one in which nearly all PVE content can be completed by every build/gear set without requiring the need for one specific set.

That’s not support or control, it’s just DPS but with some skills from there and here.

Essentially, when you aim for DPS build, you take what ever you think works with it.
You focus your resources on damage out put, thus it’s DPS build. You might take some other skills to provide control and support, but your character will not be able to make full use out of them, since you focused your resources on damage output

GW2 trinity works like this:

If you focus your resources on DPS related traits and skills, your role is DPS, even if you placed some on Support and Control. Effects of Support and Control are weaker than your ability to DPS.

If you focus your resources on Support related traits and skills, your role is Support, even if you placed some on DPS and Control. Effect of DPS and Control are weaker than your ability to Support.

If you focus your resources on Control related traits and skills, your role is Control, even if you placed some on DPS and Support. Effects of DPS and Support are weaker than your ability to Control.

There’s serious issue with PvE content…

Berserker DPS builds can do 99% of PvE content, by only standing still and spamming skills, since mobs just melt in 1-3 seconds.
Support and Control are only required for 1% of PvE content.

See the discrepancy:

• DPS builds are viable for 99% of Pve.
  • Support and Control are viable for 1% of PvE.

^See the problem here…

“Play how I want” concept also means that every build can create results equally, using other builds will always create different end results of the combat.

As 99% are trash mobs and 1% are boss monsters, Support and Control are always pulling the short straw.
This kind of discrepancy shouldn’t have existed in the first place.

Only the 1% of mobs, which are boss monsters of Champion and higher rank, truly makes use for 2/3 of builds. When you talk about use of Control and Support, you’re always referring to this 1%.

Conditions, Control, Healing, Boon/Condition Manipulations are for long duration combat scenarios, which is 1% of all PvE content, since berserker DPS is superior for 100% of PvE content. All those skills have only 1% use in whole PvE content.

Have you tried playing true Support and Control builds in every PvE content, it’s always: “Play berserker DPS, it’s superior for 100% content”

Hopefully ANet keeps their direction with the new mobs, so that we cannot blindly dominate them with full berserker and allow other builds to create results that match each other equally.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

10 man dungeon runs.

Fatalyz.7168

That’s not support or control, it’s just DPS but with some skills from there and here.

Essentially, when you aim for DPS build, you take what ever you think works with it.
You focus your resources on damage out put, thus it’s DPS build. You might take some other skills to provide control and support, but your character will not be able to make full use out of them, since you focused your resources on damage output

Interesting, so you are saying that my zerk Guardian isn’t making full use out of Wall of Reflection, Purging Flames, Smite Conditions, Warding line, etc? Or that a zerk Mesmer isn’t getting full use out of Time Warp, Feedback, Portal, Null Field, or Mass Invisibility because they aren’t specializing in support? I could go on for probably every class there is, but hopefully you got the point that I made.

10 man dungeon runs.

Fatalyz.7168

Hopefully ANet keeps their direction with the new mobs, so that we cannot blindly dominate them with full berserker and allow other builds to create results that match each other equally.

You can dominate even the new mobs in full zerk gear, not sure what your point is. There are a few exceptions with the husks for example where conditions are better damage sources, but you get enough condi spammers on one, and my zerk build is still doing more damage. So again your point here is moot.

10 man dungeon runs.

Fatalyz.7168

I said it before, and I’ll say it again Frostspectre, you are looking for interdependence in a group setting in a game that was not designed for that. Every class was designed to be independent (PVE-wise). Granted interdependence can make things faster with might stacking, vun stacking, etc., but it is not needed.

No matter what you do PVE-wise it will always be bring enough survivability and then the rest is damage, even with the newer mobs that you refer to. Unless you are suggesting that it be made that to complete content you need people built a specific way, in which case myself and others will vehemently fight you every step of the way.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

im not sure having more zerg is the answer if we had more combat roles that were needed interupt condition damage in parts of these new 8 10 or 12 man dungeons then yes i could see it happening and would love to try them then. maybe make group slit up into the three roles one group of 3 or 4 needed to interupt the boss while 3 or 4 did straight damage while the other third had to apply condition damage to keep another creature coming in and help the first boss. just my thought until you get better defined roles for pve dungeon instances then adding more people wont do anything in my opinion

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I would like to see something like that, like the Urgoz’s Warren and The Deep in GW1.

Yes! Urgoz’s Warren ( Kurzick ) and The Deep ( Luxon ) were so much of fun and teamworking! LOVEED those dungeons!
I would love to see something like this in GW2, and also were you could be more in your party!
Would have been really cool to see those 12 team-members size back in GW2 again!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They’ve already said they’re not making any more dungeons.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Underworld as a limited acess open world zone would work. Sorta like Karka Queen, defeat all of the events at the same time and the 4 horsemen event starts. Add an entry fee, a super hard entry room and no Rezzing.

Bingo.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I’m sure you can complete the content with every build. Whats your problem? Apart from being ignorant, PHIW and hurt at the rear bottom?

Pretty much this. All these people want things that require more teamwork. When so many people are so kitten at it. As if it will somehow fix the cazuls.

also I think frost is trolling

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Honestly, I can’t see the point on 10 man dungeons.
The combat system is designed around 5 man groups playing on an enviroment where they also need to split to be effective, so the usual 5 man dungeon teams, which go together most of the way, are probably a bit too much already.

Since most supportive skills only affect up to 5 players, 10 man teams would end up being close to 2 duplicated 5 man teams playing quite independently. On top of that, it would create several issues with different types of skills:
- Anti-projectile wards do not have a target cap, they’re just an enviromental effect that lasts for a given time. If you have twice the number of players, you can have, at least, twice the amount of reflects and make things like perma reflects much more easier to achieve. This makes the game easier.
- Even if the skill itself will only affect up to 5 players, combo fields can be triggered by any amount of players, so combo field management becomes easier.
- Vulnerability caps at 25, so it becomes way easier to achieve.
- You can easily bring twice the amount of instant rez skills and it’s easier to manually rez downed people too.
- Perma immobilizing or chilling enemies becomes far easier too.
And a lot more …

A10 man dungeon doesn’t create a team oriented experience. It creates pretty much the same experience we have now and makes it even easier for the most part.
In the end, AI and encounter design improvements are the key for creating more interesting and teamwork intensitive content, no matter the size of the player group (it would still work better with 5 man groups, because that’s how the whole comabt system has been designed).

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

In the days of people soloing the hardest dungeons in this game, we have people asking for dungeons that require more people to complete.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

10 man dungeon runs.

FrostSpectre.4198

I said it before, and I’ll say it again Frostspectre, you are looking for interdependence in a group setting in a game that was not designed for that. Every class was designed to be independent (PVE-wise). Granted interdependence can make things faster with might stacking, vun stacking, etc., but it is not needed.

No matter what you do PVE-wise it will always be bring enough survivability and then the rest is damage, even with the newer mobs that you refer to. Unless you are suggesting that it be made that to complete content you need people built a specific way, in which case myself and others will vehemently fight you every step of the way.

What the heck are you talking about?

• 99% PvE content is dominated by full DPS berserker.
  • You’re not required to use much of combat mechanics, as long as you can kill the mobs in 1-3 seconds.
  • 1% is reserved for 2/3 of builds, which are Healing, Control, Condition and Boon/Condition Manipulation, combat mechanics that are designed for combat scenarios that don’t last 1-3 seconds.
  • Mobs have general design and universal weakness against Direct Dmg only.

“Play how I want” means that you can play any build and win, also means that every build will create results EQUALLY and can affect the end results.
You’re not forced to play specific builds on specific content, you can play any build and win.

Playing other roles, like Support and Control can affect the results, but are not forcibly required to complete the content.

Changing mob abilities and stats will not make PvE impossible and super hard. Instead, we’d get rid of the ridiculous “SUPER EASY MODE”, that is quite the joke for PvE standards and disuse of combat mechanics.

Unfortunately, since 2/3 of builds are designed for long duration combat, where atleast 75% of mobs shouldn’t melt in 1-3 seconds against full berserker DPS builds.

Use of Healing, Control, Conditions and Boon/Condition manipulations will grant longevity, only if mobs could actually fight and create the proper combat scenario.

• Healing serves no purpose, as mobs never deal enough damage, that would make use of full berserker DPS hard to survive on their own. Best reserved for the 1% of mobs, which are boss monsters. (Why spend DPS on Support if it means mobs get more chances to deal damage and kill you)
  • Control is reserved for 1% of all mobs, which are boss monsters. For open world group events, Control is pretty much useless, as players rarely cooperate to allow Control effects to be used effectively. For 5 man party content, Control is still reserved for bosses, since there’s no reason to use control effects on trash mobs.
  • Conditions cannot deal damage if mobs die in 1-3 seconds, being DoT, everyone knows this.
  • Boon/Condition Manipulations are reserved for 1% of Boss monsters, which creates long duration combat scenarios, since 99% of mobs rarely use Boons and Conditions.(Would you call that equally given possibilities?)

Definition of “Trash mob”:
Mobs that have insignificant abilities (Mob smashes AoE, but hey, it deals 500 dmg per tick, no need to get out and avoid it), deal pitiful damage (1000-5000 dmg every 3-5 seconds, very pitiful, even if singular attack would hit hard) and will never even down players in 1 vs 1 combat, if player just stand and spams weapon skills (Truth to be told, Trash mobs are just trash).

Quit deliberate retorting and misterpreting. Read what people are writing.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: choyaxmd.6102

choyaxmd.6102

This is my point.. 10 man dungeons require more players to do a lot of stuff not just dps the main boss down. Lets say phases.. like tequatl now that boss is a real candidate for a 10 man boss.
You couldn’t just stack in one spot and dps a boss down. You need a couple manning the turrets, handling mobs attacking the said turret and finally burning down the boss. a 5 man team couldnt do that.
That is the main thing missing in this game. 10 man dungeons. If WOW is copying aspects from gw2 then why not gw2 taking some of WOW’s good stuff.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Sometimes I’m glad that ANet doesn’t visit the Dungeon forum because they might actually introduce some of the bullkitten suggestions.

@Frost:

When have you been playing Dungeons (Dungeons, not just PvE) for the last time? What boss dropped in 3 seconds? I guess the only thing you did was AC, if you did something else I really want to see your DPS builds, because that would be amazing.

Edit:

also I think frost is trolling

Totally with you on that one

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

(edited by Cheezy.2039)

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Sometimes I’m glad that ANet doesn’t visit the Dungeon forum because they might actually introduce some of the bullkitten suggestions.

@Frost:

When have you been playing Dungeons (Dungeons, not just PvE) for the last time? What boss dropped in 3 seconds? I guess the only thing you did was AC, if you did something else I really want to see your DPS builds, because that would be amazing.

Sad truth is, people who complain about how easy and broken PvE is, are the one who can’t replicate speed run tactics.

Good players represent a very small portion of the player base, people don’t want to invest time into getting better, looking up guide on the internet, watching video, etc.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Play how I want actually means that you can do content of your choice and be rewarded for it. For example, open worlders are rewarded, pvp’ers are rewarded, wvwers are rewarded an so forth. It does not mean that every build will create results equally. I wish people would stop twisting the play how you want quote just to fit their own agendas when it wasn’t even meant for them, literally just that you can perform any content and feel rewarded.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

literally just that you can perform any content and feel rewarded.

Excpet for the d*** dragonite.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

10 man dungeon runs.

Fatalyz.7168

“Play how I want” means that you can play any build and win, also means that every build will create results EQUALLY and can affect the end results.
You’re not forced to play specific builds on specific content, you can play any build and win.

So you are saying someone that has full Nomad’s gear should be able to kill a mob just as quickly as someone that is wearing full berserk gear? Because that is what you just suggested by saying that they should create results equally. In that case get rid of stats entirely as they would be pointless. Even getting rid of stats like that, it would still be bring enough utility to survive and then as much damage as you can after that.

Play how I want is already in the game because you can play any build and complete content, can affect end results, and can “win”. Play how I want does not mean that every build or gear set should produce identical results, otherwise you might as well get rid of the stats, utilities, weapon skills that do more than just damage, elites, etc. But then that would be a really boring game to play.

Either you want all stat choices to have meaningful game play, which they already do. Someone wearing Soldier’s gear will never do as much damage as someone in Zerk or even Rampager’s gear, just like they will never survive as long as a soldier or even nomad, so what’s your point here? All of them can complete the content.

Or you want interdependence, meaning that I’m spamming LFG looking for a support or control oriented player, because I have to have them to complete the content. Or maybe you are just supporting the idea to have different gear sets by changing the mobs around, they could do that, but then LFG would go from looking for berserk geared players to insert required gear choice here. Or you could intermingle mobs so that different gear sets are required, in which case people will just start carrying multiple gear sets, which some already do, and change to the set required to complete the content, then just change back after. Which will do nothing to change current gameplay at all, because pretty much every type of control or support that you would need for any encounter can be had with the exact same results, regardless of stat distribution.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

THis post is so true. I said it easlier in a topic about trinity. The current system can be fixed, we just need dungeons that are designed for the current system, not to redesing the system. Mobs like these beetles or challenges like running with hammer in Cliffside Fractal or finally champions that were added during marionette event (these on platforms). These are things that we need to see more of them in dungeons! I think that Anet is experimenting now and that we can expect something really cool soon (I hope)!

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Also I have seen hammer warriors in my dungeons. All the darn time actually.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

100% True Facts:

-DPS is all that matters
-Fights are so fast that control and support are meaningless
-As a result 5 ele and 5 thief teams control every speed clear record and are the only team comps people want on LFG

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

100% True Facts:

-DPS is all that matters
-As a result 5 ele and 5 thief teams control every speed clear record and are the only team comps people want on LFG

8/8 would r8 again m8

P.S. I know your comment was sarcastic so was mine :P. Not being rude or anything, except to those phiw

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Of course it’s not going to happen, but theoretically, maybe smaller parties: 2 or 3 man dungeons would be a better fit for the mechanics of this game than 10 man?

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

100% True Facts:

-DPS is all that matters

But isn’t warrior the highest DPS in the game? :S

/s

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Could you imagine how awesome Urgoz and Kanaxai would look in this game with its GFX, yes I can just see Kanaxai double axe attack in GW2, you may need more than Aegis for that.

10 man dungeon runs.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

100% True Facts:

-DPS is all that matters

But isn’t warrior the highest DPS in the game? :S

/s

/thread

Snow Crows [SC]