10G/HR CoF Path 1 Farming [Guide]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

I have yet to run into an issue with warbanner not being up in any speed run group: 4war/mes, 2war/2thief/mes, 3war/2mes. I’ve been in groups fast enough that the token reward was dropped to 2 for completion, and still cooldowns were up when needed.

Ive done it multiple times where we kill final boss in <25s with 2 timewarps. Neither of their timewarps are up for the first boss due to the fact that I skip the Ferrah run process up the gate. Ive had timewarp be on CD as long as 40s from using it on the final boss (I use it at 95-100% hp). War banner has a longer CD than TW so yeah, it will happen if your party gets to be THAT FAST.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I have yet to run into an issue with warbanner not being up in any speed run group: 4war/mes, 2war/2thief/mes, 3war/2mes. I’ve been in groups fast enough that the token reward was dropped to 2 for completion, and still cooldowns were up when needed.

Ive done it multiple times where we kill final boss in <25s with 2 timewarps. Neither of their timewarps are up for the first boss due to the fact that I skip the Ferrah run process up the gate. Ive had timewarp be on CD as long as 40s from using it on the final boss (I use it at 95-100% hp). War banner has a longer CD than TW so yeah, it will happen if your party gets to be THAT FAST.

That boss kill is really slow. Only reason your cooldowns are like that is because you choose to speed up Ferrah.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Please teach me how 2 warriors + 1 mesmer can spread 25 stacks of might to a party. Cause the max itll give your thieves is 12 stacks. They’ll have to build up their own 13 stacks from either sigils/traits/skills. I don’t doubt thieves can reach high DPS comparable or higher than warriors, but your facts are overly exaggerated. Im not saying ~10g/hr is impossible, I’m saying making it the average is exaggerated.

Edit: I just realized you linked to one of gw2 guru’s biggest jokers…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Inspiration
You clearly didn’t read my original post so this is the last time I will humor your trolling <3

For great justice = 3 stacks of might
2 warriors = 6 stacks of might
Signet of inspiration (doubles stacks) = 12 stacks of might

Again, maybe you might want to read MY post, on how 2 warriors + 1 mesmer gives the party 25 stacks. Thieves arent going to hit 25 stacks unless they are using might stacking sigils or using signets/traits.

Plant Standard + Fire Elemental Powder or
Combustive Shot

Each Plant gives you 3 stacks for 20 seconds, with 2 banners up you can easily get all your might rolling before the boss even goes red.

Also, I think your vastly underestimating how much more DPS Thieves do then Warriors with even stacks of Might.

PIC related, your face right now

Attachments:

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

(edited by Scootabuser.4915)

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

When I see a video oh you doing 4 runs in 28 minutes uneditted ill buy Thieves being optimal or on par with warriors.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Scootabuser.4915

When I see a video oh you doing 4 runs in 28 minutes uneditted ill buy Thieves being optimal or on par with warriors.

You gonna pay me if I’m right?

Posted by: Drachshyish.2319

Drachshyish.2319

Honestly not that much of a time improvement over most more or less PUG groups i’ve ran with with varying builds on all. Maybe 2-3 minutes earned if everything goes smoothly. Sure it adds up over time.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

This is the best you can do basically? Did you test other professions and in particular other profession combinations? Because all I see is the basic 4warrior 1 mesmer-way of doing it.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

What kills me is, as a highly talented engineer, 5 engineers could work stupidly well. All it takes is grenade kits and rifles. Everyone net shots him for permaroot (2.5s duration, 8s cooldown – permarooted). Grenade spam ensures 25 vuln, barrages hitting stupidly hard, even add in some skills like prybar and acid bomb, and bosses will positively crumble. But nah, 4 war / 1 mes gogogo.

Edit: I’d also like to say that thieves don’t do more sustained than warriors. I’ve done a grand deal of testing – the only time a thief can is sub-25%, at that point they’ll start to pick up in a dagger/X set. And the thing is, that’s not sustained if they’re having to wait every few seconds to heartseeker or pistol whip, while the in-between damage is laughable. The warrior’s autos (axe or GS) hit far harder than the thief’s autos, either in a 20/30/0/10/10 or 20/30/0/0/20 setup (the former being for banner users). In fact, I’ve proven twice now that engineers can outdamage thief sustain in melee, and if a warrior can still out-DPS me when they know their class, I know for certain a thief can’t (it’s not really sustain when you do joke damage while waiting for pistol whip, is it? Especially with whip’s cast time).

(edited by Kamahl.3621)

Scootabuser.4915

This is the best you can do basically? Did you test other professions and in particular other profession combinations? Because all I see is the basic 4warrior 1 mesmer-way of doing it.

If that’s all you can see, then go for it.

Nothing wrong with third best.

Scootabuser.4915

What kills me is, as a highly talented engineer, 5 engineers could work stupidly well. All it takes is grenade kits and rifles. Everyone net shots him for permaroot (2.5s duration, 8s cooldown – permarooted). Grenade spam ensures 25 vuln, barrages hitting stupidly hard, even add in some skills like prybar and acid bomb, and bosses will positively crumble. But nah, 4 war / 1 mes gogogo.

Edit: I’d also like to say that thieves don’t do more sustained than warriors. I’ve done a grand deal of testing – the only time a thief can is sub-25%, at that point they’ll start to pick up in a dagger/X set. And the thing is, that’s not sustained if they’re having to wait every few seconds to heartseeker or pistol whip, while the in-between damage is laughable. The warrior’s autos (axe or GS) hit far harder than the thief’s autos, either in a 20/30/0/10/10 or 20/30/0/0/20 setup (the former being for banner users). In fact, I’ve proven twice now that engineers can outdamage thief sustain in melee, and if a warrior can still out-DPS me when they know their class, I know for certain a thief can’t (it’s not really sustain when you do joke damage while waiting for pistol whip, is it? Especially with whip’s cast time).

Why argue, WHY PARTICIPATE, in these discussions if you are hopelessly biased.

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

It’s not bias when I’ve tested a fully kitted out thief, warrior, guardian, necro, and engineer on how quickly I can slay certain punching bag event bosses solo. Try looking through the engineer’s kit abilities, and try realizing that there’s no cooldown to weapon swapping – juggling prybar and blunderbuss and the like seriously brings the hammer down. Jump Shot hits harder than a backstab while also providing vulnerability. Engineer literally has six abilities with < 15 second cooldowns that hit harder than a <25% heartseeker: Throw Wrench, Shrapnel Grenade, Elixir F, Acid Bomb, Blunderbuss, Prybar. It wasn’t even close, and it’s easy to measure too – go do some PvE testing yourself and maybe you’ll learn. Alpha Drake in Bloodtide Coast is a great method, as there’s even a bar on how much health the fisherman has. As long as no player intervenes (which did take a few trials with some classes, it mostly depends on time of day), and you avoid the super-forecasted eat attack, you can easily get a clear damage-over-time value here.

And stop babbling about stacking 25 might, you’re not even hitting that in your video. The fact you’re saying you can drop a Fire Elemental beforehand shows you’re just digging – the summon doesn’t even make a fire field until it has an enemy nearby, and dropping + using plant banner on the fields would take up precious time once the boss turns red. Go try testing some classes that aren’t thief, and maybe you’ll see. Until then, feel free to keep self-promoting an underperforming class. Even in the vid you’re auto attacking for pretty weak amounts (by comparison to warrior) on the first boss, despite your smart traiting. It’s not to say that thief is bad, but I’ve tested the speed with the piles of CoF tokens I have laying around for raw damage over time across my 80 alts, and while thief can be impressive in the short term, he’s somewhat lackluster in the sustain department.

Scootabuser.4915

A remake of the video is coming soon that will include all the updated information

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

My Bf is new to this, just linked it to him.. saved me the trouble of explaining it all, thanks for the great guide, hope he utilises it before it gets the nerf hammer!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

You gonna pay me if I’m right?

Sure, I’ll send you a few Jute scraps. But wouldn’t the fun of proving me wrong be reward enough?

But yeah, I would love to see you do 4 consecutive runs from zone in on the first run, to zone out on the 4th run with 2x thieves in 28 minutes. I don’t think it’s impossible, I just highly doubt that you wouldn’t be better off with warriors.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I don’t see the point.

An “optimal” group can do it in 10 minutes. A regular pug group can do it in 12 minutes.

There’s nothing really to brag about because there’s easier and more convenient ways to get gold without having to grind the same dungeon for hours on end.

I mean, on my Guardian it took me a weekend to get enough gold to buy a full exotic set once I hit 80. On my Thief I had full exotics once I hit 80 and my Mesmer is already lined up with a planned gear set.

If you think you need 4 Warriors and 1 Mesmer to make gold in this game, you’re doing it wrong.

Also, to the Warriors who say Thiefs can’t outdps them and don’t have AOE damage — lol.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

Scootabuser.4915

I don’t see the point.

An “optimal” group can do it in 10 minutes. A regular pug group can do it in 12 minutes.

There’s nothing really to brag about because there’s easier and more convenient ways to get gold without having to grind the same dungeon for hours on end.

I mean, on my Guardian it took me a weekend to get enough gold to buy a full exotic set once I hit 80. On my Thief I had full exotics once I hit 80 and my Mesmer is already lined up with a planned gear set.

If you think you need 4 Warriors and 1 Mesmer to make gold in this game, you’re doing it wrong.

Also, to the Warriors who say Thiefs can’t outdps them and don’t have AOE damage — lol.

You’ll never know until you try!

Posted by: abelooi.9156

abelooi.9156

I don’t see the point.

actually, currently in game there’s no easier or more convenient way to earn gold than speedrunning cof 1. That’s playing the game (playing the TP doesn’t count). If the exotic set you want falls conveniently into one of those three COF sets, then congrats, you can have a full set of exotics in 1.5hr just purely farming p1 (throw in a p2 in between for good measure). If it is not, don’t worry, 30 token-rares are there for your ecto needs.

Scootabuser.4915

Currently Common Knowledge I bet there are several faster ways to make money that people aren’t talking about, for example until recently you could get almost 20g/hr running TA a certain way and making tortured roots, then the new karma amulets had to come out and ruin that :<

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Currently Common Knowledge I bet there are several faster ways to make money that people aren’t talking about, for example until recently you could get almost 20g/hr running TA a certain way and making tortured roots, then the new karma amulets had to come out and ruin that :<

I feel your pain, I have Operative’s Creed recipe.

Scootabuser.4915

It was good while it lasted :<

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It was good while it lasted :<

We’ve been gutted.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

So jealous of my 2 guildmates who found that recipe. Each made a couple hundred gold off those.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Thanks for the guide.

Look forward to a full nerf as soon as this becomes very profitable.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Scootabuser.4915

Mesmers, you guys need to learn how to use feedback and signet of inspiration…

Tired of repeating myself every time I join a group :P

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Mesmers, you guys need to learn how to use feedback and signet of inspiration…

Tired of repeating myself every time I join a group :P

And sword/focus if we’re on the topics of Mesmers.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

This doesn’t sound like a beginner’s guide. Just a tutorial. And I feel like most of these are a given for people who do them. It’s not that hard to get down, a better guide would be how other non-dps dependent classes approach it imo.

It’s a beginners guide to CoF P1 Farming.
Not CoF Path 1

If you want this guide to include other classes the petition AN to buff their damage.

Or nerf the DPS of the ones being used.

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

Thieves will have 1HS/Pistol and Dagger/Dagger

stopped reading right there…
please stop talking about thieves, especially those that haven’t played a day of thief.

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

please stop talking about thieves, especially those that haven’t played a day of thief.

I don’t agree with Scoota’s claims about Thief DPS, but those ARE the two best dps weapon sets for a thief in any place where you will never use a ranged weapon.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Scootabuser.4915

I don’t agree with Scoota’s claims about Thief DPS, but those ARE the two best dps weapon sets for a thief in any place where you will never use a ranged weapon.

You will soon, me and a guildie are working on side by side comparisons for thief and warrior, were covering axe/mace, 2hs, 1hs/p, d/d, with and without might on the thief. Combat logs are just tedious and counting thieves guild and ambush trap’s damage is even more TEDIOUS. I’ve been asking random Warriors for their combat logs and I’ve seen a pretty steady 10-20% higher dps from my thief (not including ambush and Thieves Guild). Could be inaccurate though.

Also… I ONLY have a Thief… Wut u mean never play da theifs…

Scootabuser.4915

Also, today we killed the first pull so fast that the boss bugged out and never went red……

Ioflux.4369

Also, today we killed the first pull so fast that the boss bugged out and never went red……

Or someone decided to walk down before mob died. It’s not from killing fast, its from bypassing npc events.

Scootabuser.4915

First of a few updates are up, I’m re-detailing what each class needs to do. A lot of Thieves i run into are still using Assassin’s Signets and a lot of Mesmers are trying to use Force Push on the first 2 mobs.

Was gonna fix the entire thing, but it’s 5am and rumor has it there is a dungeon “re-balance” tomorrow.

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

You will soon, me and a guildie are working on side by side comparisons for thief and warrior, were covering axe/mace, 2hs, 1hs/p, d/d, with and without might on the thief. Combat logs are just tedious and counting thieves guild and ambush trap’s damage is even more TEDIOUS. I’ve been asking random Warriors for their combat logs and I’ve seen a pretty steady 10-20% higher dps from my thief (not including ambush and Thieves Guild). Could be inaccurate though.

I have been playing my Thief in dungeons a lot lately myself in organized guild groups and the only time they have better DPS is when the boss is below 25% and they can go into heartseeker mode to get 40-50k damage in about 3 seconds. Below 50% the auto-attacks are comparable to an axe warrior, perhaps a bit less. Above 50% the warrior is significantly better.

I’m not anti-Thief, I just think that under perfectly ideal circumstances the DPS is similar. However, the loss of party-wide utility makes a Thief seem undesireable. If a Thief had overall strictly superior dps, I would argue for bringing one but tbh, switching one of three warriors to a thief is an overall party downgrade.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Btw this is a short clip from a CoF 1 farm last night which nike and ioflux were part of, it was actually in response to some clueless dude on gw2guru who thinks guardians do more dps then warriors.

Anyways, my current video of CoF 1 is 6:29 with the 3 war/2 mes group. The one I will be updating in the next couple of days once I have time to commentate it after I finish my updated TA videos is 5:59. This time is from when the first door opens (i.e. not the 2nd one Magg blows up) until the final reward chest with your tokens.

All of our weapons have normal “comprehensive” sigils for all dungeons, meaning my Greatsword has accuracy for instance, so no Sigil of Night or Flame Legion that would probably have an even bigger boost to damage for all classes, so you can get a comparable start down.

I don’t have the combat log but it should be pretty easy to add them up manually since the fight is HB + WW + 8 auto attacks + Eviscerate + 3 auto attacks at the end. The bleeding overall is probably minor, maybe a few thousand extra.

I am interested in how your 2 war/2 thief/mesmer group does the full run, just so we can compare. Sounds like both of us will have an updated video up shortly.

Btw if you ever want to truly compare speed running and viable party comps like in GW1, I would suggest not using an edited run so people can compare the time it takes each group to complete the dungeon. If you want to edit it for a guide then whatever, but if you want to prove superior damage and speed then you should also upload an unedited version which should be very easy.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Scootabuser.4915

I have been playing my Thief in dungeons a lot lately myself in organized guild groups and the only time they have better DPS is when the boss is below 25% and they can go into heartseeker mode to get 40-50k damage in about 3 seconds. Below 50% the auto-attacks are comparable to an axe warrior, perhaps a bit less. Above 50% the warrior is significantly better.

I’m not anti-Thief, I just think that under perfectly ideal circumstances the DPS is similar. However, the loss of party-wide utility makes a Thief seem undesireable. If a Thief had overall strictly superior dps, I would argue for bringing one but tbh, switching one of three warriors to a thief is an overall party downgrade.

Your problem is your auto-attacking, you need to be doing the CnD-BS rotation.

Scootabuser.4915

Btw if you ever want to truly compare speed running and viable party comps like in GW1, I would suggest not using an edited run so people can compare the time it takes each group to complete the dungeon. If you want to edit it for a guide then whatever, but if you want to prove superior damage and speed then you should also upload an unedited version which should be very easy.

Maybe someday I’ll upload an unedited speed run video (I’m farming for my Dreamer so I’m spending a lot of time in pugs). The video I have posted is more to explain mechanics and to show people what they need to do, it is a beginners guide, and is not even close to a good representation of a Thief’s abilities.

The way we run with 2 Thieves is with an Ax/Mace/Longbow Warrior and pounding banners. Keeps all 5 party members up to 25 stacks most of the time. For vuln we use a variety of things including skale venom, Mace#4, Thief Traits, and 1 GS Warrior’s 100b.

From your video (and combat logs would be easier, dem bleeds are hard to count)
I clocked you in a total of 110654 damage in 7 seconds. That’s 15808 Burst-DPS.

What were the 275s that kept popping up (counted them) but I don’t know much about warrior traits.

Prob the most accurate way to do anything would be to run side by side in a dungeon run and compare total damage for the first and final boss. The first boss dies so quickly that the extra Thief DPS is only really noticed on the final boss.

Ioflux.4369

Maybe someday I’ll upload an unedited speed run video (I’m farming for my Dreamer so I’m spending a lot of time in pugs). The video I have posted is more to explain mechanics and to show people what they need to do, it is a beginners guide, and is not even close to a good representation of a Thief’s abilities.

The way we run with 2 Thieves is with an Ax/Mace/Longbow Warrior and pounding banners. Keeps all 5 party members up to 25 stacks most of the time. For vuln we use a variety of things including skale venom, Mace#4, Thief Traits, and 1 GS Warrior’s 100b.

What were the 275s that kept popping up (counted them) but I don’t know much about warrior traits.

Prob the most accurate way to do anything would be to run side by side in a dungeon run and compare total damage for the first and final boss. The first boss dies so quickly that the extra Thief DPS is only really noticed on the final boss.

You wouldnt need to do it side by side if you started the timer and stopped it at the same places.

Strifey.7215

You can ignore the 275s if you want, that’s from procs on omnomberry pies.

Also is there a reason your warriors run longbow? That is a terrible option for CoF 1 where you don’t need to range. If they want to run Axe/Mace they should be using a 1-handed offhand on swap to not interrupt their auto attacks but still get the benefit of adrenaline and might on swap depending on their build. I use Axe/Mace + Axe/Axe but I admit that for CoF 1 GS + Axe/X is superior because of the short nature of 2 simple fights.

Ioflux.4369

Also is there a reason your warriors run longbow? That is a terrible option for CoF 1 where you don’t need to range. If they want to run Axe/Mace they should be using a 1-handed offhand on swap to not interrupt their auto attacks but still get the benefit of adrenaline and might on swap depending on their build. I use Axe/Mace + Axe/Axe but I admit that for CoF 1 GS + Axe/X is superior because of the short nature of 2 simple fights.

His idea of building might stacks is use Flame elementals lava fonts + blast finishers to spread to party when I asked how his “thieves hit 25 stacks of might” which is significantly slower than 4 FGJ + Signet of inspiration.

Scootabuser.4915

His idea of building might stacks is use Flame elementals lava fonts + blast finishers to spread to party when I asked how his “thieves hit 25 stacks of might” which is significantly slower than 4 FGJ + Signet of inspiration.

Actually it’s Warrior’s Longbow ability and planting banners which you have plenty of time to do while the boss is still green. Get trolled.

Strifey.7215

Simply taking longbow to build a few more might stacks seems very detrimental compared to running GS on swap to get the initial 100B + WW burst at the start of the fight and for a 2nd burst in the Effigy fight.

Scootabuser.4915

Lol I never noticed that the pie proc actually showed up. Only 1 of the Warriors run longbow, and Axe/Mace is for the final boss. I’m not too concerned about finishing the first boss off in 10 seconds instead of 7, as much as I’m concerned about cutting time on the final encounter.

It’s not as detrimental as you might seem, 1 warriors 100b is worth having 2 thieves with 25 stacks.

Ioflux.4369

Lol I never noticed that the pie proc actually showed up. Only 1 of the Warriors run longbow, and Axe/Mace is for the final boss. I’m not too concerned about finishing the first boss off in 10 seconds instead of 7, as much as I’m concerned about cutting time on the final encounter.

It’s not as detrimental as you might seem, 1 warriors 100b is worth having 2 thieves with 25 stacks.

Even for final boss, having a long bow out and lava fonts for might stacks is still inferior to the time it takes to cast 4 fgj + signet. The warriors all run on 25 stacks of might on both bosses. But yeah, just post a video of a full run under the same conditions. The dungeon clear times will speak for itself.

Scootabuser.4915

CoF path 3 got buffed.

How hilarious is that?

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Scootabuser, how are the food buffs doing these days?

Scootabuser.4915

Can run path 3 in less time then path 2 I think.

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

glad that it will probably get a complete revamp. CoF is the easiest dungeon out there and attracts the most noobs in berserker.

does it matter now? its been exploited so hard that people have destroyed the gold market with it already.. its a joke that they didnt stop this ages ago

btw nice guide gj on it

Scootabuser.4915

glad that it will probably get a complete revamp. CoF is the easiest dungeon out there and attracts the most noobs in berserker.

does it matter now? its been exploited so hard that people have destroyed the gold market with it already.. its a joke that they didnt stop this ages ago

btw nice guide gj on it

all the market has been destroyed!!
By warriors and mesmers no less!

Strifey.7215

This is the current speed run time we have btw.

Scootabuser.4915

This is the current speed run time we have btw.

Pretty good but you totes could do it faster with 2 thieves :X