15 hours in Arah Dungeon path 4

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Good morning,

A few weeks ago I’ve attempted the last dungeon path for my Dungeon Master title which is Arah Explore Path 4. Around 13 players joined my party and 11 of them tried and quit at Simin battle,after 15 hours I was the last man standing from the original team. From 1-2 AM until 10-11AM, we tried different tactics for Simin based on experience from players in the party who cleared it before and ideas from first timers,we watched successful videos of how it was done and tried to replicate it. All unsuccessful due to spark refusal to enter the circle.

I have completed all your other dungeons, its different paths and I have no issue with them except this particular boss,I just want to highlight to you that the spark component of the Simin battle need to be redesigned or at least function properly. I’ve sent a bug report about it on the day itself. Kindly address this issue and inform us openly. We don’t wish to spend another 15 hours to find out its still bugged. Thank you for your compassion

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

check the other threads out related to Arah Path 4 Seer’s route and Simin herself, i along with others have given advice on how to beat her shockingly easily in her current badly designed way.

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Thank you Lorana, however I’m not in a rush to complete the final path so I’ll just wait for them to address the issue.

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

It is “shockingly easy” with specific builds and classes, along with exploiting a terrible mechanic.
No boss should be like this in a game that claims to do away with the need for cookie cutter builds and classes, especially a boss that is an otherwise easy fight.

The mechanic is broken and needs to be fixed.
I don’t care if it’s possible to beat it. It’s possible to bypass a great many bugs in this game, this doesn’t change the fact that the bugs exist.

FIX IT. And no, before some smartass says it, I’m not asking for a nerf. You cannot nerf a boss that is ostensibly easy already except for a broken mechanic.

Thank you Lorana, however I’m not in a rush to complete the final path so I’ll just wait for them to address the issue.

Unfortunately certain people have taken it upon themselves to mislead Arenanet with false feedback claiming the fight isn’t broken merely because they found a way to beat it.
Anybody honest would of course recognise that the fight is broken whether it’s beatable or not, but for whatever reason these people seem to want to keep it as it is. Perhaps they’re afraid of having to beat the mechanic legitimately, who knows.

Regardless, it’s important we keep making Arenanet aware of the problem or nothing will change.

(edited by Asagi.1405)

Posted by: Henryik.8260

Henryik.8260

I finished this a while ago with the so called “legit” way after a couple hours of try. Unfortunately one of our routine dungeon members were missing that day, and we failed to finish this another time for him. So we leveled alts – just for this encounter. Needless to say we now all carry the title of dungeon master. True story.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

It took me probably around that much time doing it in 3 seperate runs, but eventually got her down.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

…how to beat her shockingly easily in her current badly designed way.

This is all I needed to read to decide I’m never even attempting this run until Anet rebalances this fight. I’ve heard WAY too much bad-press about this Simin NPC to even be curious anymore and I don’t need to beat things “The hard way” to know I’m in that top 10% of GuildWars PvE’ers since my last 3 years of GW1 already gave me all the validation I’ll ever need on that tangent. The quality and consistency of the game itself is my biggest Goal and it should always atleast appear to be Arenanet’s biggest Goal too.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

It is “shockingly easy” with specific builds and classes, along with exploiting a terrible mechanic.

I assume you mean the hitting in stealth mode by this, which is in no way at all an exploit. If it was an exploit that you could get hit during stealth thieves would be extremely overpowered after ‘the exploit’ got fixed.
It is meant to be done this way, and splitting up as a team of ‘sparkers’ and damagers during here stealth phase seems like a really legit choice.

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

On topic: I managed to defeat her after 1 failed run and 2 party ‘remake’ rounds on the second try. Mind you that we did specifically ask for warriors and a thief to poison to “tactically” beat this boss.

Any other way we tried simply did not work. It doesn’t seem to me that asking for specific professions is the way Anet wants it to go.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Done Arah path 4 in 2 hours. First run.

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

Shocking how you cannot do this unless you have:
1. a thief or a necro to keep poison up
2. zerkers…oh yay, let’s all spend gold on getting a set just for this boss
3. warriors – this might go into point number 2, but for the sake of it, you need warriors for that stupid kitten encounter that has no love for the so called " you can play whatever you want, but you’ll never do kitten "

I am fed up, it’s 4.30 am here and guess what. I’m looking at Dwayna priestess. Thank you for a lovely waste of time. If we like playing condition dmg builds, support builds etc…we have no chance in hell to beat her.

This is the only path I’m missing and frankly, why should I even bother? I play with a support build, i cannot " burst " the crap out of a boss even if i wanted.

I am glad Arenanet designed this encounter and tested it properly with something other than warriors. Oh wait…….

Now i will end this " rage post " with the following:
I don’t want to spend so much gold / time on a proper berserker set
I don’t want to spend xxx days levelling a warrior
I don’t enjoy the " hit the invisible boss till it drops dead :" tactic (and you need raw dps, not support/condition dmg builds)
I am fed up with how many bugs this game has.

Fix the kitten encounter please.

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

Man you guys just aren’t very good. Im talking to the people who continue to think this is a bugged encounter. I have used a ranger for poison, an engineer for poison,thief and a necro for poison. This fight is a pure DPS fight and nothing else. Use 1 person to get sparks in. Thats it.

The boss isn’t broken. Your just not good enough to beat her. Simple as that.

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Took 7 hrs to clear Arah path 4. Sparks mechanic is badly designed so we skip that and did the dps thru invisibilty. Hopefully arenanet makes the spark function properly.
Finally Dungeon master Thanks to my fellow guildmates- Kuza,Asha,Rendef,Drolgard and Shield for running this dumb dungeon with me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Man you guys just aren’t very good. Im talking to the people who continue to think this is a bugged encounter. I have used a ranger for poison, an engineer for poison,thief and a necro for poison. This fight is a pure DPS fight and nothing else. Use 1 person to get sparks in. Thats it.

The boss isn’t broken. Your just not good enough to beat her. Simple as that.

It is broken. Guild Wars 2 is not a game that allows for dps race encounters.