1g for SE p2!?

1g for SE p2!?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sipso.9674

Sipso.9674

We just did SE p2 and the reward for it is 1g. Considering its length and dificulty it should give at least 2g. Comparing to cof p1 which is WAY EASIER (letter could be even bigger here), SE p2 giving 1g is a joke imo….

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I wouldn’t do p2 for 3g either.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

I wouldn’t say P2 is “hard” just unnecessarily long.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Even with an optimized group its still long, even if its not hard (That’s what she said >_>). I think a better reward would be good there simply because it’s more time input either way. I’m still not motivated to do that path.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

I was excited to hear about this change but they’ve pulled it off badly. The top rewards only seem to be in Arah and the harder paths in the other dungeons are just 1g for now it seems.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

true, se p2 deserved atleast 2g

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Even the devs don’t run the unpopular paths.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

1g for SE p2!?

swiftpaw.6397

Even the devs don’t run the unpopular paths.

yeh, just the unpopular builds.. Dat signet warrior so OP.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

didn’t ANet say rewards would be given based on difficulty AND time spent?
so even if it’s easy, there’s still a lot of time spent there, which i figured would have yielded a higher reward. somethign like 2g. though, even then, is till wouldn’t run this path.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

It’s likely that they’ll revamp all the existing paths of all dungeons to make them equivalent in difficulty and length. When that happens is hard to say. The last dungeon they revamped was AC and it resulted in people not wanting to do path 2. Now with path 2 of AC, the only issue people have with it I think is that the last boss can’t be exploited unlike with path 1 and 3.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Yeah… pretty darned disappointing.

Now I’m definitely going to have to “Hire” fill-ins just to get this finished for DM.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I was so lucky, posted a “lfg SE p2” – 5 minutes later I had a full party.

Well signet build isn’t that bad anymore, I mean I fill up utility slots with them when we’ve got too many Warriors or an encounter that really isn’t banner friendly.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Sipso.9674

Sipso.9674

It’s likely that they’ll revamp all the existing paths of all dungeons to make them equivalent in difficulty and length. When that happens is hard to say. The last dungeon they revamped was AC and it resulted in people not wanting to do path 2. Now with path 2 of AC, the only issue people have with it I think is that the last boss can’t be exploited unlike with path 1 and 3.

yea right… i hope you really don’t belive this… after what they did with dungeon rewards i doubt they have any motivation/time/will/money/anything to touch dungeons, not to mention dungeon rewards.

What they did with dung rewards is just plain laziness / lack of knowlage of their own content / low hiring standards…

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Likely? How so?

If all dungeon paths are equivalent in difficulty and length, what’s the point? Make one dungeon and let people select the color of the background, and mob type. Obviously not the way that’s going down.

I would wager a more “likely” progression will be to adjust the rewards up from the base 1g, and using the 3g arah paths as the ceiling.

As it stands, the current reward structure will allow them to gather metrics to see which paths players are flocking to, and ather the data points for those popular runs. All the rewards essentially being equal right now, players will flock to the most efficient runs for whatever reasons.

Lab, meet rat.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Is that the one with the hammer boss? I love that path. Too bad all anyone wants to do is p1/p3 xD

Edit – Oh wait, wrong dungeon. That’s the double golem path. Yeah having everyone on comms helps with that. Should be a 2 golder IMO

(edited by Lucky.9421)

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Yeah… pretty darned disappointing.

Now I’m definitely going to have to “Hire” fill-ins just to get this finished for DM.

I’d do it with you ilr. Hit up the [Liar] crew.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Likely? How so?

If all dungeon paths are equivalent in difficulty and length, what’s the point? Make one dungeon and let people select the color of the background, and mob type. Obviously not the way that’s going down.

I would wager a more “likely” progression will be to adjust the rewards up from the base 1g, and using the 3g arah paths as the ceiling.

As it stands, the current reward structure will allow them to gather metrics to see which paths players are flocking to, and ather the data points for those popular runs. All the rewards essentially being equal right now, players will flock to the most efficient runs for whatever reasons.

Lab, meet rat.

The point is that all paths will get run. COE in its current iteration is a pretty good example of this. There really aren’t any other dungeons where people will want to clear all three paths. Difficulty can be equivalent between paths but it should definitely vary between completely different dungeons.

Human nature can be difficult to predict. Let’s say that SE2 and CoF3 each had their rewards scaled up, would that really encourage people to run them more? Yes, people would likely try them to see how efficiently they can get their rewards. Over time they might think it’s not worth the effort. It’s actually more than just time vs reward.

There’s another factor that comes into play: risk. Potentially you could earn more gold running any path of Arah than CoF1 so in terms of time investment it would be worth it. However, you also have to consider that you’re much more likely to not make it to the end of any Arah path than with CoF1, which has very little risk.

When we’re talking about completely different dungeons, the rewards are different so it’s worth trying them out. Now when we’re talking about different paths of the same dungeon, the rewards are the same. By rewards I mean the unique dungeon rewards like tokens, lodestones, and such. Sure, maybe CoF3 gives more gold than CoF1 or CoF2 but they’re the same tokens and same unique rare loot. Why would people take the risk? By people I mean the majority of dungeon runners. I know there are really hardcore people out there that challenge themselves with hard content just for the heck of it.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The rewards are messed up. I don’t see why AC should net 1.5g while SE2 or HotW 2 (god, what a boring mess this path) nets you 1g. I really don’t get why they give the same amount as CoF1.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Clearly it’s a sign that you should all stop doing the easy dungeons and join the Arah master dungeon.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Clearly it’s a sign that you should all stop doing the easy dungeons and join the Arah master dungeon.

Surely you’re not insinuating Arah is hard.

1g for SE p2!?

swiftpaw.6397

LET THE EPE*N WARS BEGIN!!

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Surely you’re not insinuating Arah is hard.

I’m insinuating that Arah is more difficult than all the other dungeons.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Usain Bolt: lol 10s in the 100m is easy I do it all the time
Tiger Woods: lol green jacket? please I have like 4, so easy
Michael Jordan: I basically a.f.k. on the court and they keep giving me these rings
Emmit Smith: yeah 18,000 rushing yards was pretty simple any scrub can do it lol

Retired. Too many casuals.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I’m insinuating that Arah is more difficult than all the other dungeons.

Eh… well , it DOES have more CC-spamming HP sponges than the other dungeons, yes.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Dungeon are a work of memorizing stuff :/

Before you learn them they are just unfair and frustrating

After you learn they are easy mostly.

Skill is almost never involved…

That unless you try to play the challenges as they were meant to.
That doesn t inclued OP profession/builds paired with stacking and stuff.

All legit….but just negates every single mechanic just makes every dungeon easy.

That is the reason possibly because they decided to give so low rewards…….
Some groups can just speedclear anything.

But they don t want to balance professions in PvE so they can t give proper rewards for dungeons.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Dungeon are a work of memorizing stuff :/

Before you learn them they are just unfair and frustrating

After you learn they are easy mostly.

Skill is almost never involved…

That unless you try to play the challenges as they were meant to.
That doesn t inclued OP profession/builds paired with stacking and stuff.

All legit….but just negates every single mechanic just makes every dungeon easy.

That is the reason possibly because they decided to give so low rewards…….
Some groups can just speedclear anything.

But they don t want to balance professions in PvE so they can t give proper rewards for dungeons.

Yes, because anyone can do <15min Arah p3 runs, <20min p2 runs and <40min p4 runs (although I’ve never done <40 p4, but that’s because no one wants to try…).

You’re making the same fallacy that speedclear haters always make, you say we make everything look easy because we abuse everything, and we don’t deserve to be rewarded for the effort we put in, because we trivialize everything. But you fail to see that no matter what, no matter how and no matter when, we (the people that speedclear) will always be the people that will clear dungeons/‘hard’ content the fastest and the best. It was the same in GW1, people constantly screamed for nerfs and stuff like that, and when they got what they wanted, we only got faster and better, so they cried for more nerfs, and again, we got faster and better. Every time something that was used in our teambuilds got nerfed, we worked our way around it, and usually, found something that was better than the last thing.

Keep telling yourself we don’t use skill or experience, and that we trivialize content, but keep in mind that whenever new, and supposedly harder content comes out, it’s probably going to be us ([LOD], [SOLO], [DS], [DnT], [HC] and the likes) that are going to be the best at it.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

lol… literally every thread in the dungeon subforum ends with someone calling someone else out

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

1g for SE p2!?

Bright.9160

lol… literally every thread in the dungeon subforum ends with someone calling someone else out

Lol, this is friendly banter… You should’ve been around when we still had the records thread on GWGuru… That was entertainment. Oh, the sandy kittens and the haters…

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

1g for SE p2!?

swiftpaw.6397

Lol, this is friendly banter… You should’ve been around when we still had the records thread on GWGuru… That was entertainment. Oh, the sandy kittens and the haters…

mhmm sandy kittens.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

oh lord… i’m not sure if i could’ve handled that

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

1g for SE p2!?

Bright.9160

oh lord… i’m not sure if i could’ve handled that

I kid you not, that thread got taken off Guru, because the moderators could no longer handle the removal of troll/whiny/congratulations posts every time a new record popped up. That, and it was a cesspit of haters and trolls. You know, a little bit like this, but a lot, lot worse, and a lot more entertaining.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Even with an optimized group its still long, even if its not hard (That’s what she said >_>). I think a better reward would be good there simply because it’s more time input either way. I’m still not motivated to do that path.

Agree – and would say that same reasoning should be applyed to HotW P2 and P3.

Longish, boring bosses, underwater combat… definitely should reward more than 1g.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

1g for SE p2!?

Posted by: monkeydluffy.7896

monkeydluffy.7896

wow they should give gold on the dungeon difficulty. arah 3g? SE 1g? F THAT!