2 man AC exp faster than 5 man pugs (with video)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: WhiteRida.5094

WhiteRida.5094

ok so me and joe shanks run AC most days and it always feels like we are pulling groups along so we decided to run it on our own and see what happens naturally i filmed it enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25_jmpbfDjg&feature=plcp

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

Yeah, and skipping half the dungeon while your at it. The same thing could be accomplished with 5. only faster if people skip the dungeon like you did.

So glad this is what guild wars 2 has become. senseless zerging through quests.

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

Posted by: WhiteRida.5094

WhiteRida.5094

why are you getting mad at this we did this for fun and the only loot we need is completion why wast time killing pointless enemies?

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Solo it and I will be impressed.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Skipping content is faster with 2 than with 5.
Nothing new to see here.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Joe Shanks.9854

Joe Shanks.9854

I’d like to see you guys pair up and try and two man it

Posted by: kuroi.5467

kuroi.5467

I’d like to see you guys pair up and try and two man it

for real, i wanna see haters duo the graveling mounds. sanctuary bubble camp the scavengers? brilliant.

i’m glad guild wars 2 has become a bunch of people being really mean about other people playing!!

but for real i was impressed. i run ac all day and never that fast haha. you’ve inspired me to stop LF1 as often. i’ll def try with fewer peeps.

Posted by: KerriganGR.2736

KerriganGR.2736

Nice job guys. I think i’ll be posting this to ppl that complain how hard ac is(i saw a relevant thread). You really hurt my feelings with that ranger comment (totally true tho).

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Lol no need to invite pugs anymore, you’re hitting the DR limit 2 manning it :x

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Lost points in my book for skipping 90% of the dungeon. I can easily do what you did.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Not sure why people are complaining about skipping stuff here. Have you guys honestly never ran past mobs to catch a skill point / way point or w/e in Orr?

Don’t answer. I’m 100% sure everyone in this game has. But then again people tend to become hypocrites when people accomplish something they are not capable / willing to accomplish themselves.

To OP: Nice work. It has been done multiple times (and faster) before, but I agree, with the current state of dungeons it’s much more exciting to reduce your party size and try to shoot for some good times, just like what people did in GW1.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

really good work! in random groups with 5 we often enough have troubles getting the burrows down at all… as an ele I can usually take down the two eastern ones alone, but get overrun by the spawning enemies soon after.. if the rest of the group doesn’t clean the rest of the room by then, its pretty much a lost cause.

nice video, didn’t like the music though ;-)

what kind of traits/equip did you use on your guardian? never played one but seeing 8+ boons constantly on you without much apparent fiddling (cough attunement swapping cough) does make the class very attractive in my eyes and alt-worthy – I still like the ele as main, despite the work it takes ;-)

edit: concerning skipping: only optional content can be skipped. everything skippable was made this way by ANet. skipping always brings the risk of bringing one group of enemies to the next and die horribly. you have to know what you’re doing if you want to skip – which those guys apparently do and use this knowledge correctly, there’s nothing wrong with that, the dungeon is designed for this.

(edited by Oranisagu.3706)

Posted by: iCeReal.2719

iCeReal.2719

Instead of both of you going into the scepter room just do it solo while the other waits to turn them in and then the runner can WP back

Posted by: Mato.1345

Mato.1345

ok so me and joe shanks run AC most days and it always feels like we are pulling groups along so we decided to run it on our own and see what happens naturally i filmed it enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25_jmpbfDjg&feature=plcp

Nice work

Posted by: Chalice.1280

Chalice.1280

Give me a good reason not to skip trash mobs and once that happens I’ll gladly kill trash, and no, getting globs of globby goop and porous bones doesn’t count as a reason. I get my dungeon tokens faster, karma faster, money faster, and once I hit DR I’m free to do whatever the hell else I want for an hour then go back and do more dungeons. spvp is fun, time goes by fast.

Kashien.6278

Not sure why people are complaining about skipping stuff here. Have you guys honestly never ran past mobs to catch a skill point / way point or w/e in Orr?

Don’t answer. I’m 100% sure everyone in this game has. But then again people tend to become hypocrites when people accomplish something they are not capable / willing to accomplish themselves.

To OP: Nice work. It has been done multiple times (and faster) before, but I agree, with the current state of dungeons it’s much more exciting to reduce your party size and try to shoot for some good times, just like what people did in GW1.

LOL. you act like this game is difficult. There are a number of dungeons out there that would be far more credible to do than AC. This dungeon has been SOLO’d for christs sake. It is not that difficult, and 2 manning it is extremely easy. Its just losing its credibility when you skip parts of the dungeon. Like the LT Kholer.

The reason you will never see our guild 2 man this is because A: Its way more fun with more people, and B, it goes by extremely faster. If 2 people can zerg it like this, imagine if you have 5 of them, how much faster it would be. You act like they actually accomplished something monumental.

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

Too many haters in here. What you did is impressive and I am willing to bet 99% of the people playing this game couldn’t do it. The problem is, those 99% probably don’t spend all day on the forums, like the 1% who are trying to take credit from you.

Grats on a job well one.

You should try it again with 5 and see if you can do it in under 10 minutes, just for a new challenge.

Posted by: Azazeal.3689

Azazeal.3689

If 2 people can zerg it like this

Since when have two people qualified as a zerg?

Posted by: Joe Shanks.9854

Joe Shanks.9854

LOL. you act like this game is difficult. There are a number of dungeons out there that would be far more credible to do than AC. This dungeon has been SOLO’d for christs sake. It is not that difficult, and 2 manning it is extremely easy. Its just losing its credibility when you skip parts of the dungeon. Like the LT Kholer.

The reason you will never see our guild 2 man this is because A: Its way more fun with more people, and B, it goes by extremely faster. If 2 people can zerg it like this, imagine if you have 5 of them, how much faster it would be. You act like they actually accomplished something monumental.

You seem personally vexed because we’ve 2 manned it. If we’re going to try it fast, we’re going to skip mobs, and we’re only paring this time against pugs. You could not successfully skip the gravelings on spikes in a pug without someone having the respawn and cause the queen to spawn. We just did this for abit of fun, Ofcourse five manning it with friends would be quicker every time.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

P.s. Your guardian build sucks.

low blow man

Seconded. But do agree with Gab’s other points. Just don’t bring yourself down to a troll’s level, it doesn’t make you seem much better. What you did was great, good job! Let’s keep it at that. People who state opinions that are negative should just be looked over, you know what you did, and people acknowledged that.

applauds

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Eh…the OP did not say “Omg, I’m so gosu clearing this dungeon with only 2 ppl—-FIRST EVER. IN YO FACES pugs”, he just wanted to share his achievement. It’s a good achievement. If track runner comes up to me and tells me they scored a faster time than their previous runs, I’m gonna give them a pat on the back. It’s kind of rude to just shoot them down.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Kashien.6278

How is it mis-using? I never insulted anyone, never called them bad, never said anything mean to them. I just stated the obvious.

Posted by: Henryik.8260

Henryik.8260

We skip as much as u do, and we do it with 5 people everyday. Might be a minute or two faster on killing. Still, great job there 2-manning it, its not as easy as those people think (especially the part u try to run pass the gravelings with the traps active)

Kashien.6278

Just because somebody dis-agrees with you does not make them a “hater”.

Your attitudes are the reason why so many MOBA’s arnt playable. And the reason why gaming communities deteriorate.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Wow, you are the worst hypocrite ever. You blatantly insult the OP for no reason at all, using arguments that are completely irrelevant, and then you have the audacity to report people for retorting on you? I’m not gonna report your posts (although I bet you will report this one), so that people, including yourself, can actually see how poor your arguments are. You come onto a thread with the sole reason of shooting the OP down, and then you claim people like us are the reason why gaming communities deteriorate.

Wow. Just wow.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
this conversation has derailed and the thread will now be locked.
Thanks for understanding.