2nd boss of 2nd wing

2nd boss of 2nd wing

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Well,

maybe i’m wrong but i think somewhere before hot release anet promised us 3 wing with 3 bosses each.

So that this is what i was expecting, but apparently that promise phased out on second wing.

While i do understand that ncsoft pressure could have push anet to release wing 2 as a costumer i feel kinda disappointed for having waited 5 months to have just 2 boss in the new raid wing.

Because that 2nd boss isnt a boss.

The fact anet put a similar (crap) reward like the other bosses do not means that the 3 champions are a boss.

It’s like if anet would just having putted a boss reward to spirit vale forest event cutting out gorseval fight.

I want the 3rd boss you promised me!

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

So, the 2nd boss cut toned down to make the achievement for it feasible.

I more or less think that if they wanted to encourage fighting the 2nd boss’s ‘hard mode’ where you don’t use the bees/dogs/whatever, you would have to do it that way for the Legendary Armor.

Just an opinion.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

Please show me where anet said each wing would have 3 bosses, because I’m 99% sure they’ve never said this.

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

It’s normal to have boss fights like Prison Camp in other raiding MMOs. They’re there to mix things up and give variety in encounter design. I don’t particularly like these types of fights, but they are there.

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They never promised three bosses per wing. They only promised three wings and three bosses in the first wing. Anyway, I’m pretty sure they do internally consider the prison event to be a boss-like encounter. They likely even intentionally made Slothasor and Matthias harder than any Spirit Vale boss to compensate for this fact.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

They never promised three bosses per wing. They only promised three wings and three bosses in the first wing. Anyway, I’m pretty sure they do internally consider the prison event to be a boss-like encounter. They likely even intentionally made Slothasor and Matthias harder than any Spirit Vale boss to compensate for this fact.

They also said that if your group can beat VG, it can beat sloth. My guild group can beat VG and Gorse and isn’t even close on sloth. Despite a lot of work. I have come to within 1% in pugs. But my guild group cannot make it past 50% on sloth.

The reason being, in VG you can screw up and it wont nearly wipe the whole raid. You need a good tank, and a good healer. The rest is pretty up in the air. Put 5 on Greens so you have some cushion and the teleport really only hurts the player that it happened to.

The reason being the random aggro and volatile poison. Despite hours on that boss I still have the same 3 or 4 people in my group that when they get volatile poison the freak out, or don’t realize. Despite us calling their name on TS, they still drop it in the group or in front of it. We also have people who get aggro, and when the boss turns around to face them they back up. Then keep backing up to try and get away.

I know there will be no possible way we will beat Mathias with our guild group. People just cannot get the mechanics down for sloth. Most of these guys have never even killed Sab.

What I am getting at is that I would put Sloth at a much higher level than both VG and Gorse when you consider an individuals need to follow the mechanic. So the statement that was made about guilds being able to beat Sloth if they can down VG is bs.

Back to OP, no they never said 3 bosses per wing. I have heard from some guildies that have done it that it is not difficult. But the achieve would be.

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Am I the only one that likes the banditos trio a lot? Sure it’s pretty easy using the environmental effects, but it forces you to plan ahead to make it as smooth as possible, and the fight itself is a lot of fun with players having to split up and execute different tasks at various times.

Regardless of what anet promised I don’t feel like I was denied a boss or anything. It’s a fun encounter that is really different from the rest of the bosses. Maybe eventually the novelty will wear off but for now I’m still enjoying it.

They also said that if your group can beat VG, it can beat sloth. My guild group can beat VG and Gorse and isn’t even close on sloth. Despite a lot of work. I have come to within 1% in pugs. But my guild group cannot make it past 50% on sloth.

The reason being, in VG you can screw up and it wont nearly wipe the whole raid. You need a good tank, and a good healer. The rest is pretty up in the air. Put 5 on Greens so you have some cushion and the teleport really only hurts the player that it happened to.

The reason being the random aggro and volatile poison. Despite hours on that boss I still have the same 3 or 4 people in my group that when they get volatile poison the freak out, or don’t realize. Despite us calling their name on TS, they still drop it in the group or in front of it. We also have people who get aggro, and when the boss turns around to face them they back up. Then keep backing up to try and get away.

I know there will be no possible way we will beat Mathias with our guild group. People just cannot get the mechanics down for sloth. Most of these guys have never even killed Sab.

What I am getting at is that I would put Sloth at a much higher level than both VG and Gorse when you consider an individuals need to follow the mechanic. So the statement that was made about guilds being able to beat Sloth if they can down VG is bs.

I don’t think it’s BS at all. Your group likely has spent a huge amount of time playing against vale guardian relative to sloth. The mechanics in sloth aren’t any more difficult to handle than in VG, and in a lot of ways they’re actually easier.

Because not to be mean but the random aggro and volatile poison are really easy mechanics to deal with as long as your group isn’t way behind in DPS. I’m not sure exactly how long the timer is for poison but it has to be at least like 8 seconds or something, so if these people were able to make it to green lightning in half that time and avoid the blue lightning for the whole fight then they should be able to move backwards easily, especially if they’re being called out in ts. If your players couldn’t deal with these mechanics on VG then I don’t see how you could consistently beat it (unless you’re argument is “mechanics are just as easy but now my kittenters have to do them too!” which I don’t think is fair).

The aggro is also much easier to deal with than on VG, unless you’re really good at the fight the aggro’d person might as well just run as far along the cleared patch as possible. His attacks have ridiculously obvious animations (besides his jab which deals crap damage) and so the tank shouldn’t have trouble staying alive with a little help from the druid.

The only really hard mechanic is dealing with the buildup of slublings by pulling. To deal with this you can move through the middle on the 1st and 3rd mushrooms (i.e. make an hourglass shaped path), which will make pulling the slublings into a bunch easier.

Other than that, bring search & rescue on your druid, bring at least 1 transfusion, bring lots of necros in general, have your rev use mallyx group resistance skill before shake to give a little extra time to condi cleanse people who are hit. Put your worse players on classes that can block/invuln like D/F ele, S/S revenant, and power scrapper. If someone has poison it is sometimes the best play to run into the slime and die with it further away and rely on the druid or necro to pull them back to the zerg when downed. That’s the best advice I can give you, from someone who thinks that sloth actually is comparable to VG and has the slippery slubling achievement. To be fair I think that VG is actually one of the harder fights (it is certainly much harder than gorseval and is about on par with sabetha imo) so saying sloth is comparable to VG doesn’t necessarily mean it’s easy! You just need to get more experience on your weaker players and if they aren’t willing to practice and learn then replace them.

PS Matthias isn’t as hard as you think. The timer is generous and you can take a more defensive comp.

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

Back to OP, no they never said 3 bosses per wing. I have heard from some guildies that have done it that it is not difficult. But the achieve would be.

You’re just wrong here, sloth is considerably easier than VG after lots of practice, and I think most pugs I’ve run with are agreeing, I think you’re one of the few I’ve heard say sloth is the harder one.

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I appreciate the tips. But knowing how to do the fight is not the issue. Of course we have ore time on VG. But the mechanics are more punishing on an individual level. Like I said on VG you could put an extra person on green circles, that way when someone didn’t make it you didn’t take the massive damage spike. The same person taking 3 or 4 teleports during the fight isn’t going to wipe the raid. Sure they may die, but it if is not the healer or tank you are fine.

To contrast with Sloth. I am watching the same persons run after run after run dropping volatile poison into the group. Sometimes multiple times in a run! I am watching these people getting agro and despite people pleading for them to go forward, they sit there or even worse back up, and keep backing up. These things will all lead to a raid wipe, most of the time. We don’t even get to a point where the slublings are an issue. These are people that have spent hours on this fight now and still can’t seem to recognize these mechanics on their own. If we weren’t calling them, it would never happen.

This would be fine if I was leading a pug. I would kick them out, and replace them. But these are guild runs where we have a more relaxed, casual environment. I am not going to do that to guildies. But what it is doing is really starting to discourage the more skilled players from wanting to come. The people that have had the fight mechanics down 95% for a while now.

TL:DR I feel the VG was more forgiving to personal failures, as it pertained to the group. I do not think the mechanics on sloth are any harder. I agree. But the penalty for failing these mechanics, personally, will much more likely lead to a raid wipe than on VG

Edit @Randomguy: I personally do not think he is harder. I think on a group level it relies more heavily on an overall adherence to the mechanics than VG. I think sloth is fine. I am smashing my face on my keyboard wondering why people can’t figure it out.

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: Emerald.3694

Emerald.3694

Hi Logen,

Having finally cleared the second wing this week I would say that Slothosaur is the hardest boss for an average group to clear. While there are more mechanics in the Matthias fight they are not as punishing (with the exception of failing to cc the sacrifice victim) since you can easily recover. As mentioned above the timer is quite generous and the dps check is more lenient than Slothosaur (which is already pretty soft) so people can concentrate on dodging and their positioning.

Once the core group gets past Sloth I think you will find it far less frustrating on the other two bosses in this wing. Also I personally thought the fights were more interesting as well so don’t get discouraged.

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

You’re just wrong here, sloth is considerably easier than VG after lots of practice, and I think most pugs I’ve run with are agreeing, I think you’re one of the few I’ve heard say sloth is the harder one.

Uh no, VG is a walk in the park, Sloth is considerably harder than VG. Hell, it took less effort for me to find a group that could kill Mathias then it took for me to kill sloth. My raid group failed it and luckily I got into a really good pug group that managed to kill it after the 10th or so try. One player, that’s all it takes to ruin the entire party on sloth. On VG, the weakest link can die and it makes no difference. A volatile poison on the wrong spot, or improper pulling and it’s gg on sloth.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

They likely even intentionally made Slothasor and Matthias harder than any Spirit Vale boss to compensate for this fact.

Harder?

-.-

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Sloth is actually harder than Matthias, because one simple mistake can cause wipe. Couple mistakes on Matthias don’t really mean much.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

have your rev use mallyx group resistance skill before shake to give a little extra time to condi cleanse people who are hit.

If you run jalis you can lay down a yellow brick road granting the same allies stability which will prevent the fear ever being applied, rather than delaying the effects and still needing a cleanse at a later point.

2nd boss of 2nd wing

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

have your rev use mallyx group resistance skill before shake to give a little extra time to condi cleanse people who are hit.

If you run jalis you can lay down a yellow brick road granting the same allies stability which will prevent the fear ever being applied, rather than delaying the effects and still needing a cleanse at a later point.

He meant the condi bomb shake that starts at ~45% HP, where giving extra time to cleanse is critical when you can have 5-30 stacks of bleed+poison+burning+(torment?) on you. I’d rather take Mallyx for that ability and let the tempests auto clear the Fear phases with Gale Song.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)