3 things I noticed about dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

So basiclly I am on my way to complete every dungeon path and as I said there are 3 things I noticed. This has nothing to do with the debate if the difficulty is to high or low. It is both as far as I am concerned but that would be another topic.

1. Story mode is acually not really diffrent from exploration mode. You don’t have any path choices but the DE members follow you around. Some of them are harder some of them are easier, but that’s it. So why do we get this strange hat after story and the tokens after exploration, some sort of consitency would be nice here.

2. The difficulty curve in a dungeon run is just all over the place. Sometimes the second boss which isn’t even so remarkable wipes you many times, and the final boss is often one of the more easier fights. Not always there are also some really hard ones out there.

3. As I said I want to finish ever path once… Now I have 180 tokens of every dungeon, Arah has a path more so it is 240 tokens. What do I do with this junk? I mean finishing every dungeon path is kind of an archivement and I have 1500 tokens. But I can’t really buy something of worth with these tokens… Isn’t that strange?

Your thoughts on these observations?

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Tokens: That’s why you have “trash” or “cosmetic” things to buy. Tonics, potions, runes or the Gift for legendary.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

You can buy gear with the tokens. If you don’t actually want it yourself you can either

A. Buy rare armor pieces and salvage them for possible ectos + w/e crafting mats

B. Buy rares/exotics and throw them in the forge and the result you actually can sell on the TP

Posted by: Overlord Falcor.6014

Overlord Falcor.6014

You can buy gear with the tokens. If you don’t actually want it yourself you can either

A. Buy rare armor pieces and salvage them for possible ectos + w/e crafting mats

B. Buy rares/exotics and throw them in the forge and the result you actually can sell on the TP

Both ideas I have never thought about to be honest! Thanks for the hint!

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

Both ideas I have never thought about to be honest! Thanks for the hint!

Actually me neither. I works but it is still a pretty lame reward for 1500 tokens.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

What would you like for your 1500 tokens?

[SFD] – Maguuma

Negativity.5801

A lame reward in comparison with what? What were raids and dungeons in other MMOs giving if not weapons and armor as their main reward?

Highly doubt GW is ever going to see mounts. Maybe Dungeons should have rare mini-pets or endless transformation tonics for that specific dungeon (as a rare loot drop off mobs to promote people actually killing trash mobs perhaps?)

But only if those transformation tonics actually work in combat. God I miss that about WoW, was such a small cosmetic change just for fun, but I liked it alot just as an option to goof off with.

(edited by Negativity.5801)

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Actually, with just 180 tokens from each dungeon, there’s little he could buy. I don’t like it that you have to farm a single dungeon MANY times in order to get an armor set… there are so many things to do in the game… why should we do the same night after night just because we want to look like an undead or something?

Negativity.5801

why should we do the same night after night just because we want to look like an undead or something?

…because you want to look like an undead or something and that’s what the dungeon provides.