4:47 Lupi Solo, Condi Guard

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Equipment/consumables in video description. Traits are pretty straight forward.
4:30 is probably quite easy to do if you avoid getting kicked in the face and don’t waste a couple skills/miss radiant flame opportunities.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Well the playstyle is basically the same as the pre-patch scepter max DPS build was, but without having to worry about scholar bonus.

This video almost makes me want to try guard again, after stubbornly staying away from it due to sword no longer being meta and mace taking its place… but at the same time, I would rather fall rear-first into a factory of thumbtacks than grind silverwastes for full sinister. :S

It is a nice time, not too far off of Notrigger’s/Dub’s best times from way long ago (can’t remember which of the two did it but I think that either one of them or both of them had ~4:20-4:30 solo records). I heard a rumor that burning’s gonna get nerfed though so I dunno how long this kind of DPS will last, if it does for long :P

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

but at the same time, I would rather fall rear-first into a factory of thumbtacks than grind silverwastes for full sinister. :S

I did it (exotic armor, ascended everything else). It was not fun. And yeah.. they’re going to nerf burning for sure.. who knows when that’s going to happen though.

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

N1 OP, your walls were really efficient and good positioning for those frenzied blasts in P3, though that’s some good RNG for burn procs too :^)

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

gj. i feel like berserker guard should be faster for lupicus tho. if you use wall + shield you can have a really high UC uptime during p2 and 3.

also if you try long enough you can get like 25 seconds phase 2. just need to hope you reflect enough projectiles during the first aoe and a few single target projectiles after that.
once i had 6 aoe reflects and 2 or 3 AAs and phase 3 started at 1:35

did you use the f1 aoe burning trait? because you dont really need to stay so close to lupi during phase 1 and the locusts will just die from following you around. then they wont eat your smite hits.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

SlyDevil.3952

did you use the f1 aoe burning trait? because you dont really need to stay so close to lupi during phase 1 and the locusts will just die from following you around. then they wont eat your smite hits.

The trait creates an aoe burn around your target(whatever is getting hit), the locusts have to be next to lupi/each other when justice procs to get burnt. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permeating_Wrath

but at the same time, I would rather fall rear-first into a factory of thumbtacks than grind silverwastes for full sinister. :S

It cost ~8s to buy the recipes, 15s for the ambrite, and charged quartz I made in my home instance from my stockpile. Hardest thing would be the ascended jewellery, but I got those for my engineer originally, and you can do the achieves in a couple mins per instance.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

yea but the trait is great for when the locusts spawn and there is no useful other option.

and why didnt you use the new elite shout? feel like renewed focus is a waste and even with the condi build it should be a nice dps increase.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

SlyDevil.3952

yea but the trait is great for when the locusts spawn and there is no useful other option.

and why didnt you use the new elite shout? feel like renewed focus is a waste and even with the condi build it should be a nice dps increase.

Mainly because I didn’t feel like dealing with the knockdown and any extra locusts. I was looking to do a lupi kill that wouldn’t fail given horrible rng, rather than rolling for a best time.

The trait is like 125dmg/sec in zerk gear, it barely tickles the locusts. I’ll have to try later and see how many swarms spawn while running scholar.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I would rather fall rear-first into a factory of thumbtacks than grind silverwastes for full sinister. :S

Lol, this is so you.. should get it trademarked.

Why do I never get such good rng? :/