4 Warriors and Mesmer GEARCHECK

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: gracemillian.1908

gracemillian.1908

I am so tired of this. I don’t have a warrior, I don’t have a mesmer, I only have a ranger and ele, I do not have time to make a level 80 war or mes. Please Anet for the love of god, do something to balance this ridiculousness. I can’t even run dungeons anymore because of people doing this.

Just, PLEASE do something. I enjoy running dungeons, I just can’t do that anymore.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I’ll run dungeons with ya

the best thing to do is start your own dungeon groups on the lfg site. include “any class welcome” in your post and soon you’ll be surrounded by like-minded people. if anyone leaves after they see your class, well they probably wouldn’t be much fun to play with anyway.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I’ll run dungeons with ya

the best thing to do is start your own dungeon groups on the lfg site. include “any class welcome” in your post and soon you’ll be surrounded by like-minded people. if anyone leaves after they see your class, well they probably wouldn’t be much fun to play with anyway.

Yep, takes less than a minute for my non-war/mes groups to fill.

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Sounds like you’re trying to farm CoF, not run a dungeon for enjoyment. Why do you want to torture yourself like that?

While I don’t know the first thing about rangers, elementalists actually have a great variety of good dungeoning builds out there, and Hamartia and Neko have great guides to a few of them:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/83561-hamartias-sd-elementalist-build-dps-might-stacking/
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/84013-nekos-comprehensive-guide-to-the-dungeon-elementalist/

If you don’t want to run full zerk with ruby orbs or runes of the scholar, either PVT+celestial (or zerk) trinkets or a knights (pants, helm and chest)+zerk (everything else, including trinkets) set – either with boon duration runes – are reasonable options that may be better in PUG settings.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I am so tired of this. I don’t have a warrior, I don’t have a mesmer, I only have a ranger and ele, I do not have time to make a level 80 war or mes. Please Anet for the love of god, do something to balance this ridiculousness. I can’t even run dungeons anymore because of people doing this.

Just, PLEASE do something. I enjoy running dungeons, I just can’t do that anymore.

Tired of it? Make a warrior or mesmer. That was one of the reasons I made my mesmer (plus I wanted to try gameplay which was completely different to my guard), and now I can get in to cof p1 farms easy.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

gracemillian.1908

Thanks for your kind suggestions guys. I’m not even trying to farm CoF, normal dungeons with PUGS don’t want rangers anymore (or any other class). When did GW2 get so elitist?

colesy.8490

When everybody realised the dungeons sucked and just wanted to power through them asap for the “rewards”.

gracemillian.1908

This is a sad turn of events for GW2. Dungeons are the most fun imo.

laharl.8435

Thanks for your kind suggestions guys. I’m not even trying to farm CoF, normal dungeons with PUGS don’t want rangers anymore (or any other class). When did GW2 get so elitist?

Um, I end up with rangers in my groups all the time. No one cares in non-farm runs.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

You have 5 character slots.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Even in casual groups I would rather take an Elementalist over a Ranger. Elementalists can heal, drop useful combo fields, can also hit like a truck if you take the Lightning Hammer path. A ranger can sit at 6000 range contributing 0 DPS whilst unnecessarily aggroing mobs when their pet isn’t dead.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

So stop playing your ranger and start playing your ele more. You’re getting kicked because you’re a ranger and rangers suck. Do you seriously not have an issue with being a burden to the team? When did people in mmo’s stop caring about being an asset to their team?

[DnT]

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

You’re just sad you can’t farm CoF p1 efficiently so you need to rage on those who can. Because it’s pretty much the only dungeon where you constantly see groups asking for w/m.. as someone who still pugs a lot of dungeons myself, I would almost never be able to run HotW if I waited for zerk wars to join my party at the times of the day where I do it (because at prime time I mostly run other dungeons with my guild).

A quick look at gw2lfg right now shows : 0 group asking for w/m for AC (and exactly 1 asking for an ele), 0 for CM, 0 for CoE, 0 for HotW, 0 for Arah, 0 for TA, 0 for SE, 0 for fractals (with a couple asking for guardians rather than war/mes) and the usual metric ton of w/m requests for the mindless CoF p1.

Which is sad because IMHO because that group composition is better for all dungeons and the difference between a bad group compo and a better one is actually far more obvious in other dungeons than in CoF p1 where 90% of the time is spent running rather than fighting anything.

But you would die and turn into a skeleton in front of your computer from all the waiting if you tried to assemble a zerk war/guard/mes pick up group for anything other than CoF P1. Most of these CoF p1 war are alts that are almost never used anywhere else used by people who have no idea you can run a zerk group in other dungeons since said farming groups don’t even know how to dodge and can only do CoF p1 because not dodging at the effigy has never wiped any (dps) group.

“I can’t run dungeons anymore” because “I can’t join CoF p1 farming groups” sounds like a child’s tantrum.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

gracemillian.1908

I’m running support Ranger, in case anyone is wondering, with the Spotter trait for precision and support Spirit build. Also I have 10% faster revives. Surely all this support is needed in dungeons? Syn Sity this was for you

Nikaido, most lfgs I see say that they require Warrior or Guardian or Mesmer. No one asks for any other class specifically. Sometimes Thief as well. It’s interesting, this 4 Zerk War and 1 Mes started off being a CoF p1 farm thing, but eventually any dungeon map I go to, people are looking for heavy armor classes plust mesmer to run dungeons with. I believe stupidity is contagious and thus this culture is spreading. I do make it a point to run CoF p1 at least 2wice a week and therefore I belive this sort of discrimination should not be made, farming or otherwise.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I agree that the other un-preferred classes need to be buffed heavily in PvE so that we actually feel compelled to bring them on runs and diversify our group compositions.

That all said, people just want faster runs. If you want to be kind of a drag on your group, either get with a guild who will tolerate it or start your own groups in GW2LFG and let any class join. Simple, really.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

colesy.8490

I’m running support Ranger, in case anyone is wondering, with the Spotter trait for precision and support Spirit build. Also I have 10% faster revives. Surely all this support is needed in dungeons? Syn Sity this was for you

So not only are you running a bad class, you’re running a bad build.

I believe stupidity is contagious and thus this culture is spreading. I do make it a point to run CoF p1 at least 2wice a week and therefore I belive this sort of discrimination should not be made, farming or otherwise.

It is not stupid to want to use the strongest classes to maximise the chance of a smooth, fast run, or runs.

And this discrimination is easily remedied if you just roll a warrior or mesmer.

gracemillian.1908

I’m actually more hurt about the fact that GW2 has developed such a culture, about 3 months ago, you wouldn’t be seeing this kind of thing. For “not so popular” dungeons, it gets really hard to find a group because as you said, the unpreferred classes are unpreferred.

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

So not only are you running a bad class, you’re running a bad build.

I believe stupidity is contagious and thus this culture is spreading. I do make it a point to run CoF p1 at least 2wice a week and therefore I belive this sort of discrimination should not be made, farming or otherwise.

It is not stupid to want to use the strongest classes to maximise the chance of a smooth, fast run, or runs.

And this discrimination is easily remedied if you just roll a warrior or mesmer.

what happen to playing the way I want?

Posted by: PwnsFroggles.7561

PwnsFroggles.7561

I run cof p1 with both my warrior and elementalist. I get into groups just fine with both although when I use my elementalist my group usually has a better survival chance. (Water spec op. I cure fire and heal like a holy paladin)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So stop playing your ranger and start playing your ele more. You’re getting kicked because you’re a ranger and rangers suck. Do you seriously not have an issue with being a burden to the team? When did people in mmo’s stop caring about being an asset to their team?

About the same time that developers stopped caring about providing equivalent damage for an equivalent investment in damage.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

You want to play the way you wanted? Fine. What’s wrong w/ that?
Other people want to play the way they wanted? Fine. What’s wrong w/ that?
Oh, you want others to play the way you wanted. What’s a moronic idea.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

These guys don’t follow “meta” all the time yet they pwn.

They don’t use ranger but, hey, ranger stacks a lot of vulnerability, torch/drake blast might, along with frost / stone spirit are completely underrated. In fact, in their lupicus kill, I wonder if a frost spirit would have made the mesmer’s reflect’s 7% greater. Have you ever seen a feedback like that in your life? Now toss in a frost spirit. What? Spirits die? Not in just 41s they don’t. Right now, for optimal compositions, ranger and ele should go together afaik due to fiery greatsword having a big effect on ranger DPS relative to other professions.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Solution- Make your own group.

You’re welcome.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

About the same time that developers stopped caring about providing equivalent damage for an equivalent investment in damage.

Have you tried my build?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Mighty-Ranger-High-Level-FOTM-Build-7-8-2013/page/3#post2373670

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Stopped taking you seriously at ‘Support Ranger’.
Everyone is entitled to play the way they want to, it doesn’t mean other people should have to tolerate it because the ‘way you want to play’ is so counter-productive they may as well 4 man it.
It’s just like any other group based event, playing sport for instance. The way you enjoy playing could be to sit in the middle of the field twiddling your thumbs, does that make it fair for the rest of the team to have to pick up the slack?

Also Nikaido is right, I only ever see ‘Warrior, Mesmer only" for CoF1, oh and a bit of ’Guardian only’ for FotM.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Anet doesn’t care about PvE balancing. Just craft a warrior to 80 I’m sure by now you should have 15-40 gold to help you get him up quickly.

Broadicea.8294

I’m going to make a video this afternoon showing how quickly you can get a group using LFG posts that say “all classes welcome”. We can just then post that in response to every single thread like this that comes along (like 2 or 3 times a day it seems)

swiftpaw.6397

I’m going to make a video this afternoon showing how quickly you can get a group using LFG posts that say “all classes welcome”. We can just then post that in response to every single thread like this that comes along (like 2 or 3 times a day it seems)

Please make it a two part video- One with the all classes welcome, and then another with a selection of only war/mes/guard zerkers. I’m tired of reading all this crap about ‘Oh those zerkers are leetist baddies who fail their runs and take just as long as the rest of us!’. Lots of those threads too. Then people can take their pick of either multiclass or zerker runs and stay there. -.-

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

The frustration OP has is that his classes generally can’t have as quick availability has with other classes on specific dungeon runs…. as a joiner.

The problem stems with no people trying to create team comps that work as well as a four war 1 mes party/three war 1 mes 1 guard party.

I can understand the frustration, as I main a bloody engineer (and sadly, sticking to it) and I can’t get runs as quickly as a four war one mes can (RPer here that sadly wants to go dungeoning, since it has a lot of potential, but I simply can’t roll a war since I have RP constraints limiting my time in levelling one). But OP, you have to realize that if you want to break this sort of class-ism that exists in the game, you need to reach out and -do- something about it.

Also, don’t be afraid to start an LFG for all classes. The problem here, as stated by swiftpaw and Broadicea is that you’re not opening doors – you’re waiting for them. Lead and drop LFGs.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Please make it a two part video- One with the all classes welcome, and then another with a selection of only war/mes/guard zerkers. I’m tired of reading all this crap about ‘Oh those zerkers are leetist baddies who fail their runs and take just as long as the rest of us!’. Lots of those threads too. Then people can take their pick of either multiclass or zerker runs and stay there. -.-

I strongly second this. It’s time for someone to wake up. Although the result is predictable: I saw it with the all-35 run of AC, after it was reworked and everyone whined about it on the forum. They proved it was perfectly doable with lvl 35 characters as long as you weren’t kittened, but everyone just went “lalalala not listening it’s impossible lalalala”.
Everyone will just hide behind the excuse that in a run (the all-welcome one) you got a bunch of noobs that IN NO WAY represent the average (bahaha), and in the “speedrun experienced only” group you got blessed by 4 demigods, and that’s why it’s faster.

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

CoE all paths are 4warrior/mesmer friendly and much much more easliy and faster done with that setup and i see people do them quite a lot too.

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Any exceptional player can carry a team on any class….
I’m surprised this even has to be mentioned in a game so based on Timing.

Though I’ll agree, Rangers have a strong negative reputation for having the worst players due to the numbers of bugs and shortcomings they have to face. Assuming they’re ever skill split for PvE however, you’ll suddenly see the opposite reaction where ppl would start saying they’re TOO good b/c … well… that’s what happens when you’re used to running Marathons with training weights still attached (and they’re suddenly released).

I’ll be honest… Mine hasn’t been kicked from any Pugs yet.
Then again I don’t farm, & I never let my pet wander off on its own.
Tanking a Boss in melee & never dying is also a good way to show ppl you mean business…

Most of these CoF p1 war are alts that are almost never used anywhere else used by people who have no idea you can run a zerk group in other dungeons since said farming groups don’t even know how to dodge

Definitely agree with this…
And when I DO see ppl like that in other dungeons in their COF zerk gear… they’re usually the ones I’m rezzing :p

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Sounds like you’re trying to farm CoF, not run a dungeon for enjoyment. Why do you want to torture yourself like that?

While I don’t know the first thing about rangers, elementalists actually have a great variety of good dungeoning builds out there, and Hamartia and Neko have great guides to a few of them:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/83561-hamartias-sd-elementalist-build-dps-might-stacking/
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/84013-nekos-comprehensive-guide-to-the-dungeon-elementalist/

If you don’t want to run full zerk with ruby orbs or runes of the scholar, either PVT+celestial (or zerk) trinkets or a knights (pants, helm and chest)+zerk (everything else, including trinkets) set – either with boon duration runes – are reasonable options that may be better in PUG settings.

i have an ele and a mesmer.

The truth is ele can easily get 25 might and keep most of them up…
Yet his dps is awful unless he uses gimmicks like conjured that are situational and not suited to most dungeons…….the best part is that still need the warrior SUPPORT to be effective.

Actually you have:

The all star profession for difficult content being the guardian
The perfect everywhere Warrior that needs a guardian only in difficult part.

Then a portal on legs if needed ._.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

You’re just sad you can’t farm CoF p1 efficiently so you need to rage on those who can. Because it’s pretty much the only dungeon where you constantly see groups asking for w/m.. as someone who still pugs a lot of dungeons myself, I would almost never be able to run HotW if I waited for zerk wars to join my party at the times of the day where I do it (because at prime time I mostly run other dungeons with my guild).

A quick look at gw2lfg right now shows : 0 group asking for w/m for AC (and exactly 1 asking for an ele), 0 for CM, 0 for CoE, 0 for HotW, 0 for Arah, 0 for TA, 0 for SE, 0 for fractals (with a couple asking for guardians rather than war/mes) and the usual metric ton of w/m requests for the mindless CoF p1.

Which is sad because IMHO because that group composition is better for all dungeons and the difference between a bad group compo and a better one is actually far more obvious in other dungeons than in CoF p1 where 90% of the time is spent running rather than fighting anything.

But you would die and turn into a skeleton in front of your computer from all the waiting if you tried to assemble a zerk war/guard/mes pick up group for anything other than CoF P1. Most of these CoF p1 war are alts that are almost never used anywhere else used by people who have no idea you can run a zerk group in other dungeons since said farming groups don’t even know how to dodge and can only do CoF p1 because not dodging at the effigy has never wiped any (dps) group.

“I can’t run dungeons anymore” because “I can’t join CoF p1 farming groups” sounds like a child’s tantrum.

+1
The only place you really cant get to in dungeons as a Ele or ranger, Is hardcore farm CoF P1, if you didnt want a elitist group, it is much easiere than going with a 4x war 1 mesmer. Its just not worth it to make a new char since it will take a hell lot of time to find a full group.
No you cant be a part of a P1 4x war 1 mesmer farm group, yeah you can find a dungeon party alot faster, and probably more fun.

If you had a thief, I would kinda understand you, but a ranger and ele are pretty good to have in any dungeon.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

actualy thief has his reserved spot in speedruns…as well as AR, FOTMS and almost everywhere….
Rangers haven t any.
Its not wellcome in most dungeons due to the pet being an issue…and i don t play a ranger

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

That quote is exactly whats wrong with the gw2 community. Anet basically encouraged everyone to leech. In wow you dont take all healers or all tanks, you take what you need. Why should gw2 be any different? The advantage gw2 has is that any class can play any of the roles relatively well and you can provide support while still dealing good damage. The problem is noone realises that and they try to all play full support or tank with 4 other full support tanks and so the dungeon is a horrible snail paced fiasco.

People are so determined to play how they want that they forget they are supposed to be working as a team to clear dungeons. Most dont even swap weapons or utilities to deal with each situation more effectively. Its just selfish and those players are far more toxic than so called “elitists”.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Broadicea.8294

That quote is exactly whats wrong with the gw2 community. Anet basically encouraged everyone to leech. In wow you dont take all healers or all tanks, you take what you need. Why should gw2 be any different? The advantage gw2 has is that any class can play any of the roles relatively well and you can provide support while still dealing good damage. The problem is noone realises that and they try to all play full support or tank with 4 other full support tanks and so the dungeon is a horrible snail paced fiasco.

People are so determined to play how they want that they forget they are supposed to be working as a team to clear dungeons. Most dont even swap weapons or utilities to deal with each situation more effectively.

+1, signed and subscribed to newsletter

colesy.8490

People are so determined to play how they want that they forget they are supposed to be working as a team to clear dungeons. Most dont even swap weapons or utilities to deal with each situation more effectively. Its just selfish and those players are far more toxic than so called “elitists”.

Yup, this.

Hey guys, lets play how we want!

Oh wait, I mean I play how I want leeching off you full zerker warriors while I sit here in magic find!

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

CoE all paths are 4warrior/mesmer friendly and much much more easliy and faster done with that setup and i see people do them quite a lot too.

best coe setup for me is 2 ele 2 war and mesmer but ele 2 war mesmer and guard or 2 ele war mesmer and guard is good too

ofc the ele have to use the hammer build

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

The way I want to play my thief is full zerker, shadowstep in and go down immediately, dish out tons of damage thanks to + 50% damage while downed and then die a hero.

And I am rather offended by parties kicking me for that playstyle. Please Anet, do something about this.

swiftpaw.6397

People are so determined to play how they want that they forget they are supposed to be working as a team to clear dungeons. Most dont even swap weapons or utilities to deal with each situation more effectively.

+1, signed and subscribed to newsletter

Indeed. I see this alot.

‘What do you mean I can’t have 5 signets and run magic find? I’m playing the way I want! And you’re just a tyrannical dictator who think you’re above everyone else Q_Q_Q_Q. Scumbag Swiftpaw at it again!’

Cry me a river. I’m doing a dungeon. And that’s group content where other people are affected by your choices.. You are free to play the way ‘you want’ in your own time. Not in mine or anyone else’s.

Wesnoth.1705

The way I want to play my thief is full zerker, shadowstep in and go down immediately, dish out tons of damage thanks to + 50% damage while downed and then die a hero.

Your armour repairing bills doesn’t aprove this >:3

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Your armour repairing bills doesn’t aprove this >:3

When I said full zerker, I obviously meant zerker trinkets. I don’t wear armor. I am a special snowflake.

Attachments:

Wesnoth.1705

I don’t wear armor. I am a special snowflake.

Like dis? :V

Attachments:

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

Ya.. My all out Ranger was ignored till I showed up with a just barely there LVL80 ‘poor man’s’ exotics GS Warrior. Then, for the first time, I was cool!

gracemillian.1908

Thank you once again everyone for a positive and helpful discussion. I have decided to roll a mes and war and it is my long, like REALLY long time goal to level them up (maybe like 1 level a week). In the mean time, I will play other games

laharl.8435

Thank you once again everyone for a positive and helpful discussion. I have decided to roll a mes and war and it is my long, like REALLY long time goal to level them up (maybe like 1 level a week). In the mean time, I will play other games

Or if you want to play CoF now, just start your own group and be playing the dungeon within a couple minutes.

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

….
….

Totally putting this in my signature, and quoting you.

Unless you are serious? Wait… this is a troll, right?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Broadicea.8294

….
….

If you want to play basketball at the gym and it says “ATHLETIC SHOES REQUIRED” then you put on the your kittening sneakers and go play, you don’t post a million posts in the forums whining about how they won’t let you on the court in sandals

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

….
….

He’s generally pretty serious, wouldn’t be surprised

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.